Retirement 403b account and budgeting

Hi,

I'm trying to setup my budget and How I'm doing on my
budget report to register my employer matching 403b
account.

I'm having 2 major problems with my account.
1) When I schedule a deposit into the cash transations of
my 403b account, it doesn't show up on my budget planner
as a scheduled payment as the others do. I have to enter
it in manually.

2)I have to uncheck the "retirement account" option in
the account details for the report to recognize my
account in the report at all.

It seems like something very strange is going on here. Is
there a fix or a work-around?

Thanks!
luke
0
lrd999 (1)
12/19/2003 6:21:28 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Account not linked to budget
I have a checking, savings accounts (banking type), a credit card account (credit card type) and 2 cash accounts (cash type) all attached to my monthly budget. I also have 2 different Line of Credit accounts (liability type) that I can not seem to attach to my budget. If I write a check for something from one of the Line of Credit accounts, the payment and category is not recorded in the budget. When I edit my budget and choose "accounts included in the budget summary", the 2 line of credit accounts do not show up. Any ideas? Have I chosen the wrong account type for these...

Auto Account Number Generation
Here's a newbie question for which I have not yet been able to find a solution. Whenever creating a new account, I'd like the form to automatically display an account number in the accountnumber field that is one more than the max in the table. How can I automtically create this? That is how can I run a query on form load that looks up the current max account number then add one to it? ANy help would be appreciated. Only way to do this is through writing some code. For example you could achieve this using a callout. When you save a new account you can have the callout scan ...

Mortgage account.
Hello i am trying to configure a mortgage account, but i have some problems. First my mortgage account is for a loan that i have since January 2001, and i can not configure the account with a date before the 2003. The mortgage payments include some service and insurance charges that are variables in function of the principal payment (i can set these charges but just with a fixed ammount), i don't know if is possible to indicate Money to set this charges as a proportion of the principal ammount. The principal ammount is growing with an iterest that is updated every month. See answers ...

inactive accounts
Client wanted to have an option to not delete an inactive account or delete it during the Year End Close process. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=334ab5e0-...

How to tell if an account is an Exchange "service" account?
Sorry, just having a paranoid moment... We've noticed an old functional account in AD called HelpLine which has been disabled for ages. It's not a member of any groups. An email address is listed on the General tab and we need to put that address on another mailbox. However, each time the field is emptied, the address appears to come back, so we can't assign it to another AD account (address already exists in the organisation error). In Exchange tasks on the account, I have the options to create a mailbox, establish email address or remove Exchange attributes. I'm pretty sur...

Account Balance Widget/Gadget?
Good morning from a newsgroup newbie! I'm running Money 2006 Deluxe on my PC and I'm trying to find ways for my wife and I to be reminded of the balance in our checking account. So I'm wondering if any of these can be done: 1. Have more of a client/server setup where the data files are on my server and my wife and I each have an installation of the software. 2. Access account information and have the balances displayed on our desktops. Sort of like a widget or gadget. Maybe someone knows how to write something like this in C# or Visual Basic? 3. Have the account bala...

Accounts with multiple Relationship Types
Hi all! With some of our company' s Accounts we have multiple Relationship Types (eg. a Reseller can be a Customer too etc). How can we insert this information in Microsoft CRM 1.2? Is it necessary to create custom fields in the Account Form? Thanks a lot! Elena Galiatsou Athens, Greece You could choose a "primary" relationship type from the combo box, and then add a memo field to track additional relationship types. Not elegant, but I think it's the best you can do with version 1.0/1.2. Mike "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote i...

Account Payable Detail report
Hola Family I will like to know if someone can help me, I need to know the path to run an Account Payable Detail report. This file should contain the lowest level of detail. Each record should include the General Ledger account number to which the transaction is being charged. I am using Dynamics GP 10 with SQL 2005. Thank you in advanced. -- LOS Hola Carlos, The GL Distribution Detail in Purchaing Posting Journal can be access via Reports>>Purchasing>>Posting Journals (GL GL Distribution Detail). When you create/modify a report options, you can use the ...

CRM report Error - Account Overview
Hi there, Is it possible if anyone could help me with the following problem.The Account Overview Report does not appear for one of the clients. When the report is opened the following error message appears: Error: Subreport could not be shown. Any ideas? Thank you in advance Lebo ...

Auto config of exchange account in outlook 2003
I am looking for a way for users to log onto any computer with their account and have outlook launch without prompting for exchange account settings. Is there an easy way to accomplish this? Thanks Hi, It can be done with the resource kit for outlook. I seem to remember that you can create an MST file to install office/outlook with and that gives the information about outlook settings. I am sure that one of the smarter guys will give you a link about how to go about this. But it is possible and fairly simpel. Regards Martin "MarkatMarios" <MarkatMarios@discussions.mic...

activies need to roll up from sub-accounts to accounts
activities associated with an account need to rollup through all parent accounts above. Jerry http://www.iBizInitiatives.com ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?m...

CRM\Accounting program recommendations
What accounting program works\integrates best with CRM 3 for small business environments of <75 users? Use Microsoft Accounting or Quick books with Microsoft CRM. I have done integration with Quickbooks with MS CRM 3.0 -- Happy Programming........ Thanks, Imran www.pkblogs.com/microsoftcrm3 "Monte" wrote: > What accounting program works\integrates best with CRM 3 for small business > environments of <75 users? Hi Monte, For non-MS small business apps, I only know of QB having an integration with CRM. On the MS side as of today, there hasn't been any ne...

Corporate or Workgroup, send from different accounts
I have been using Outlook 2000 (CW) in order to attach history to my contacts in ACT! This has been running well. The problem I've run into is I used to be able click on the "Send" button and choose a different email account to send from, I no longer have that option since I set up the workgroup settings. The email account that I can't send from is a Linux firewall account we use for internal emails...I can receive emails, but I can't reply or send new messages. They keep coming back as undeliverable. Any suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated. ...

email account will not show up when added: says deleted
my main email account will not show up in the "accounts" section of Outlook 2003 even though I have added it and the "test" button shows it is set up correctly. It is listed in the accounts pane of add/change email accounts but when I try to set it as the default account I get a message it is not found and probably was deleted. I have deleted and re added it several times with the same result. Any solution ? Alec McNaughton <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > my main email account will not show up in the "accounts" > section of Outl...

Annualized Budget for MS Office Accounting Express 2009
How can I create a budget using MS Office Accounting Express and use it to compare actual results on an annual basis. There is a group for accounting, they may also cover "accounting express" asidman wrote: > How can I create a budget using MS Office Accounting Express and use it to > compare actual results on an annual basis. ...

Missing account #2
I've recently installed Money 2004 and I've set up nearly all of my acconts to accept update downloads from the institution's websites. On one account in particular, I'm able to initiate the download from my credit union, Money acknowledges reciept, and prompts me to select the appropriate account from a drop-down list of my accounts, or set up a new account. Since I already have the account set up in Money, and I've used it for over a year, I use the account list. The account I want to select doesn't appear on the drop down list? Why not? This doesn't...

Line of Credit Account #2
This is driving me nuts. What is the best way to set up a Line of Credit (LOC) account? It is actually a $500 LOC account for my checking account for when my checking account dips below $0. Both the checking account and LOC accounts import separately into Money from my bank. Should I set up the LOC as an account, a liability, or as "other". I tried them but keep getting confused because depending on whether the LOC automatically deposited money into my checking account or I transferred money from my checking account to pay off my LOC, it will say either "From" o...

Account Problem
Hi, I while ago I removed an accout that I wanted to quit using. For some reason it hasn't been removed totally. When I look under Email Accounts, the account has been removed. But I am still receiving post sent to this account, and the account is still vissible in the 'sending/receiving-screen'. Can anybody tell me how this is possible and how to remove the account permanently? David "Jason" <svpindegroep@danku.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:z2l1c.733261$_x2.1624295@zonnet-reader-1... > [...] > Can anybody tell me how this is possible and how to >...

allocation account
I have a fixed allocation account, then distributes the amount to 10 account numbers. When I create a Journal Voucher and choose this account as the debit side, and then save it in a batch. If the debit if for $100 for example, it will then distribute it to the various accounts. Is there a way to print the batch that shows the distribution. Currently, you have to post to see the distribution. It would be nice to see a pre posting report that show the different accounts that will be impacted. Thanks Without a custom report, I don't believe you'll be able to see this. The reas...

Account list view up to current date?
I'm using MS Money Plus Deluxe. I often enter in income/expenses far in advance so I can see how things will play out. Account list is my main view and gets distorted since it is taking into account future events. The portfolio view has a nice feature in that it can show only up to the current date and not any future events, such as future retirement contributions I've entered. Is there a way to make the account list do that? Or, is there some way I can see both scenarios without having to maintain two Money files? Bills | Forecast Cash Flow? Beyond that, no. You could not enter...

Error installing CRM 3
Trying to install CRM on a development server that has just been rebuilt after disk failure and the install runs through until it attempts to grant permissions on the newly created databases. The CRM install is all on this machine i.e. webserver and sql server are the same box. The error message reads Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated nw Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: ...

change the "online services" account setting
Hello, I understand that once I've completed setting up online services for an account, I can stop them from "management online services" by clicking on the bank link. However, if I started setting up online services for an account, but never completed it, the "stop online services" option does not appear for the bank. Instead of using online services, I'm logging in to the bank's site and downloading transactions and importing them into MM. In this case, in the Account List page, under the "To Review" column, a message that reads "Pro...

Analytical Accounting posting to GL, but sometimes does not post t
Has anyone found a way to address the issue where transactions sometimes post to the GL, but not to AA? When we try and use the Analytic Adjustment Entry to make adjustments we get an error message that says: "The journal entry number you've entered doesn't exist, hasn't been posted, or is in history. Enter or select a valid journal entry number." These GL entries exist, have been posted, and are not in history. As a result the error message doesn't make sense. Any ideas? We did not have this issue with GP9, but are now having it with GP10. Andrew: I&#...

Money "forgets" passwords for online account updates
I am using Money Plus Deluxe. Sometimes but not always, when I try to update my account online transactions it forgets a couple of the passwords. This is not always the same account nor does it happen with any pattern I can see. Any fix and does anyone else see this problem? ...

Money 2004 Budget
I have been using Money 2004 for several months with no problems. Today I received the error message "A file needed to run planner is either missing or corrupted. To resolve this problem reinstall Money and then reopen Money." Well I followed instructions. Same problem. Removed Money completely and then installed. Same problem. Deleted and reinstall budget data. Same problem. Check Support Knowledge Database. Nothing there. Check Product support. Nothing. What is the explanation for this problem and how do I solve it? There is a fix for this at http://www.mvps.org/money/faq.htm -- ...