Response Time Rubbish

I am using Money 2004 UK version(bought in 2005).

I keep about 600 transactions in detail and have archived 2006 and earlier
data. My backup file is 2 meg.

My response time is 10 seconds plus.

Any recommendations on how to speed things up?

All comments appreciated

Alec
0
Alec (6)
12/1/2007 8:01:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

IF you had a US version, my recommendation would be to upgrade to M07 and go
down the Nuke The Bills path. Sadly, there is no M07 for UK, so I can't
offer any decent recommendations.

"Alec" <Alec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Any recommendations on how to speed things up?
>
> All comments appreciated

Do you have a large number of share quotes, perhaps for stocks you no longer
own? Try manually deleting the prices concerned.

Archiving doesn't help at all BTW.

See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/66.aspx

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

"Alec" <Alec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Money 2004 UK version(bought in 2005).
>
> I keep about 600 transactions in detail and have archived 2006 and earlier
> data. My backup file is 2 meg.
>
> My response time is 10 seconds plus.
>
> Any recommendations on how to speed things up?
>
> All comments appreciated
>
> Alec

0
bob_peel2056 (736)
12/1/2007 9:07:27 PM
No I have no share prices in Money

Thanks about archiving note

Alec

"Bob Peel, MVP" wrote:

> Do you have a large number of share quotes, perhaps for stocks you no longer
> own? Try manually deleting the prices concerned.
>
> Archiving doesn't help at all BTW.
>
> See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/66.aspx
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>

> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> "Alec" <Alec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using Money 2004 UK version(bought in 2005).
> >
> > I keep about 600 transactions in detail and have archived 2006 and earlier
> > data. My backup file is 2 meg.
> >
> > My response time is 10 seconds plus.
> >
> > Any recommendations on how to speed things up?
> >
> > All comments appreciated
> >
> > Alec

0
Alec (6)

Response delay in Outlook 2007
Using Outlook 2007 and Vista on a new Dell XPS 1210. Experienced frequest 5-6 second delays in the program response to inputs from the first time the computer was used. All other Office programs working normally. Working with the Dell help line tried all sorts of remedies over many hours. Dell's conclusion was that a conflict exists between Outlook 2007 and Vista and I should wait for Microsoft to resolve the issue. Anyone else experience this problem? Any other solutions? -- LJB59 Yes. I'm having exactly the same problem with exactly the same OS, Outlook2007 and XPS M1210...

time calculations #6
Hello! Does anyone know how you can calculate worked hours in a day on the basis of a start and end time? =(end_time-start_time)*24 -- HTH Bob Phillips "Aline" <A_Mangelschots@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1127724380.330877.175210@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hello! > > Does anyone know how you can calculate worked hours in a day on the > basis of a start and end time? > Hi Aline With start time in column A, and end time in column B, enter in C1 =MOD((B1-A1),1) will give the time interval, even allowing for time period where the start is on...

Excel tutorials for first time Mac user
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I'm fairly capable with M/S Office on a p.c. Just got my first Mac and feel like a total idiot. Can't find tutorial or other help info for real basic stuff--i.e. inserting a new line in an existing spreadsheet. Can anyone tell me where to go, in a nice way :)? Thanks much and sorry for asking such a stupid question. Bob Try MacTopia, the official website of the Macintosh BU. Excel Help and How-To: <http://tinyurl.com/6hap8w> Excel (and other apps) courses: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/courses.mspx> On 08/07/08 5:09, in arti...

when is the time right to create a sub to do something?
hello i have a project where i have lots of fields that filter things on the forms. i have the typical apply filter button, but i have also been using a key catch for the enter key. when a user updates the filtering field and hits enter i cause it to requery the sub query that the filtering field creates a filter for. on some forms the amount of times i put in the code: If KeyAscii = vbKeyReturn Then Me.mySubform.Requery End If is ridiculous. so the question is should i make a routine for the form(s) that calls the little bit of code? it seems so repeatative to put th...

The ActiveX control "GridControl" ... requires a design-time license ???
This Active-X control is registered on all of my systems, not just the ones that have VC++6 installed, so I assume that it's part of the Windows run-time environment. Is this correct? Assuming that I would deem it useful, since all that happens if I try to instantiate it into a dialog is that I get the error message, how could I find out what sort of design-time license is required, who can issue these, etc...? TIA Norm Hi Norm, Thanks for your post. I'd like to share the following information with you: 1. By GridControl, do you mean the Grid OLE Control (grid32.ocx)? Based...

Create database based on 24 hour time; 15 minute increments
I need to set up a MS Access Database that stores test data that was performed at certain times (rounded to the nearest 15 minutes). I need to produce a query that shows each 15 minute interval within a 24 hour period. Any 15 minute increment that doesn't have test data needs to be represented by a -1. Any suggestions on how to do this? If you first create a table which has one row for every 15 minute interval over a suitable period you can then LEFT JOIN this to your table of test results to return a row for every time regardless of whether there is test data for that time....

How do I run outlook for the first time, to get the mail icon?
I want to set up multiple email accounts. Help menu indicates start - control panel - user accounts - mail, with a note that the mail icon will only appear after program is run first time. Basically, how do I get to see the mail icon? The mail icon should be in the control panel as soon as outlook is installed but you can go to the outlook shortcut on the Start menu, All programs, Microsoft Office to run outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips...

calculating Week numbers in a time table
I have a weekly timetable table for school terms with the following fields WeekID (automatic number), WkbeginDate (date), WkNo ( number 1 or 2). The WkNo can be either 1 or 2 . How can I get the Wkno field to automatically update with the correct week number for each new record ie if a record has week value 2 the next record will have a WkNo value of 1? I would prefer to do this using a query rather than a form. The timetable is not for the whole year and has 'holiday' breaks, sometimes restarting on a week 2, sometimes on a week 1. Hope this makes sense! Hilarys =?Utf-8?B?SGls...

calculating time (for payroll)
I'm trying to use Excel like a "time clock" to check in/out of work. I want to be able to write the time in a certain cell that I came into work, left for lunch, came back from lunch, and left for the day. I then want to add up the hours for the week and any hours up to 45 I need to multiply by a dollar amount. Also, any hours above 45 I need to calculate for overtime. I can add the ours to get a total for the week but am having a hard time with multiplying "Time" by a dollar ammount. (Nevermind that I have to find the amount of hours overtime) Attached is a very s...

automatically insert system time in a cell
I have a s/sheet that needs to automatically have the system time inserted in a cell if the previous cell is blank. I have tried several things and have not had any joy. Any help offered would be welcome. You can use the select_change event on your sheet capture when a differenet cell has been selected. Keeping track of prior cell entries can be tracked with a phantom sheet to store prior values, if the prior value was null, then you can send the following command activecell.value = now http://ForPicks.com "PM" wrote: > I have a s/sheet that needs to automatically have...

task reminders, set default snooze time
in OL07, is there a registry setting (or simpler method), for changing the default time in snooze for task reminders? i've looked and searched, but find no reference to this. -- jeffrey "jeffrey" <astro46@gmail.com> wrote in message news:jcLCl.11709$jZ1.6064@flpi144.ffdc.sbc.com... > in OL07, is there a registry setting (or simpler method), for changing the > default time in snooze for task reminders? I don't believe that can be changed. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] The default can't be changed. You don't need to select from the drop down...

Can't open Office programs on two computers at the same time
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I purchased Microsoft Office 2004 for mac several years ago and installed it on my MacBook. <br><br>Recently I purchased a new computer (a MacBook Pro) and transferred the software over, leaving a copy on my old computer for my wife to use. Both computers are connected to the same wireless network in our home. <br><br>Here's my problem: if one of us is using any of the Office suite programs (ex. Word) and the other tries to open that or any other program (ex. Excel, Power Point), no...

Averaging Time
I've tried to figure out a way to average a column of times, but to no avail. 3:03 :45 1:45 How would I average this column of times? Thanks On 27 Jan, 12:37, JP <John...@msn.com> wrote: > I've tried to figure out a way to average a column of times, but to no > avail. > > 3:03 > :45 > 1:45 > > How would I average this column of times? > > Thanks I've just tried it using Excel 2003 and the AVERAGE function seems to work just fine. You need to make sure that the :45 time is entered as 00:45 however or it won't work. Let me know how you g...

Date an time on WinXP.
Does anyone know where windows Xp gets the time and date it displays from? My system date and time often fails, resulting in the time beiing 5-5mn delayed compared to what it shoul have been . I wonder what can cause that???? ...

Formatting Times and converting to text
Hi, I have got a spreadsheet which has a column which holds a time calculated from another column. The times in both columns are in the format m:ss.000. The sheet when complete will be imported into Access which unfortunately xan't hold times with seconds with 3 decimal places so the recomended solution is to hold the time in a text field. So how in Excel can I convert the times into a text field without losing the currently displayed value, as whatever I try changes the value to the offset value (i.e. 7.88E-05 instead of 0:06.815). Thanks Graham Do it this way: =3DTEXT(A1,&q...

Same time, next year....
Hello, I am working on a massive (evil) Double-Declining Balance AMT spreadsheet...ugh! The first issue I would like to address is that I have a list of assets, all with different purchase dates in Column C. I would like column D to compute the date of 3/31/XX, where XX is the NEXT instance of the date 3/31. In other words, Date Entered Date Desired 8/17/05 3/31/06 2/15/87 3/31/87 6/24/94 3/31/95 I've worked with dates before and created a pretty intense timesheet, but I am at a loss as to where to begin for this particular concer...

date time problem
I would like to have a date cell that can have an input mask of __/__/__ so that a user need only enter the numerics of a given date; i.e 052405. I I tried setting the cell format to custom mm/dd/yy and I get a return date of 10/1/43 !!!!!???? Why has excel lost the correct date? Regions global show the correct year range, and Excel is set to 1900 time? What do I need to do to correct this? Thanks XL's parse engine and display engine are separate - the displayed format has nothing to do with how the entry is parsed (other than Text entries are not parsed at all). For a workaro...

Subtracting two times in hh:mm:ss format
I need to subtract two times that are in hh:mm:ss format and they occur on different dates. Example: Time 1: 03/22/2005 19:09:47 Time 2: 03/23/2005 01:02:51 Result = Time 2 - Time 1 I've tried different things but I keep getting #VALUE! in the result cell. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Make sure the cells are correctly formatted as date and time. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "A Khan" <A Khan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C179333B-FEDF-4542-8107-2F9B6AA6241F@microsoft.com... > I need to subtract...

Remove time portion from date on Excel 2007 chart
I am trying to remove the auto generated time of 00:00 to every date in my chart. I have tried setting the format, but it just ignores whatever I try to input. Any help would be appreciated. Where does this appear? Which labels? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ NeoFax wrote: > I am trying to remove the auto generated time of 00:00 to every date > in my chart. I have tried setting the format, but it just ignores > whatever I try to input. Any help would be appreciated. ...

E- Mails duplicate each time
My In Box recieves the same New Message Twice since I up-dated from "Express to Outlook 2003. There is surely a simple answer to solve this probleme. Thanks for helping in advance. Mark wrote: > My In Box recieves the same New Message Twice since I up-dated from > "Express to Outlook 2003. There is surely a simple answer to solve > this probleme. Thanks for helping in advance. Did you happen to set up two connections to the same mailbox? Check Tools - E-mail Accounts. -- f.h. ...

I think I messed up big time... v.Delete Administrative Groups
To make a long story short, we had an Exchange 2003 SP2 Clustered Server in an Administrative Group. We had a catastrophic failure of the hardware, and now we have an Administrative Group, that still thinks the server is there. This is the only server in the Administrative Group. As of right now, this entire Exchange 2003 environment is not in a production environment. If I select the server, the ESM will freeze for a second then just hop up to the Org name. Not allowing me to right click and delete. I am totally lost. I want to get delete this Administrative Group, but I have no idea h...

right click on e-mail produces no response.Don't know what to do.
I have a new dell computer with the 2003office. after I open outlook, sometimes when i right click on an e-mail to edit, delte, etc, no box of options open. There is only a faint outkline of a shell. the top tool bar is also not working. Other times it open and runs fine. This is very annoying What happens if you reboot? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Quietjohn1" <Quietjohn1@discussions.mic...

Pop3 COnnector time question
Is there any way to have the Pop3 Connector go and retrieve mail less than every 15 minutes? (maybe every 5 minutes?) Thank You! The great big kludge POP3 Connector is an SBS component. You should ask about it in an SBS newsgroup. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Keith C" <KeithC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A24BDE54-673A-4017-A74E-4673863BE654@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to have the Pop3 Connector go and retrieve mail less than > every 15 minutes? (maybe every 5 minutes?) Thank ...

Automated email response
Can Exchange 5.5 or Exchange 2003 (in the middle of upgrading) do automated email responses? We have 45,000 emails a month into a enquiries address and would like to have a standard automated message sent back letting them know that we have the email and will deal with it in due course. Many thanks, Scott The quick-and-dirty solution that I use is to simply log onto an Outlook profile for the enquiries address, and create a "have server reply with a specific template" rule for all incoming messages. You'll need to log back into the profile if/when you need to change the ...

Insert time into a cell with seconds?
I am trying to insert a "timestamp" into a cell using ctrl+shift+;an want hh:mm:ss format. If I format the cell in hh:mm:ss the seconds always is 00. It appear that when I ctrl+shift+; excel truncates the system time to hh:mm. I there a way around this or another way to get the seconds into a "insert time" command ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try this simple macro. Assign it to keyboard shortcut of Ctrl+Shift+T and it should do wh...