Repairinf file and Removing Bills

I have been experiencing some issues with my Money Plus Premium so I have
been trybg to repair the file while deleteing the bills data. Every time I
try i get the following error:

There has been an error reading or writing the file...

Has anyone else had this issue?
0
NealT (8)
12/29/2007 8:56:00 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, NealT wrote:

>I have been experiencing some issues with my Money Plus Premium so I have
>been trybg to repair the file while deleteing the bills data. Every time I
>try i get the following error:
>
>There has been an error reading or writing the file...

I suggest you make a repaired version of your file with
File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2

>Has anyone else had this issue?
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/29/2007 9:02:54 PM
I have tried that and still get the error. Do you that if I manually deleted
the bills in the "Bills" section it would repair or at least let me run the
remove bill data repair?

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, NealT wrote:
>
> >I have been experiencing some issues with my Money Plus Premium so I have
> >been trybg to repair the file while deleteing the bills data. Every time I
> >try i get the following error:
> >
> >There has been an error reading or writing the file...
>
> I suggest you make a repaired version of your file with
> File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2
>

> >Has anyone else had this issue?

0
NealT (8)
12/30/2007 12:53:00 AM
In microsoft.public.money, NealT wrote:

>I have tried that and still get the error. Do you that if I manually deleted
>the bills in the "Bills" section it would repair or at least let me run the
>remove bill data repair?

I don't know. Give it a try.

You could also try the File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair
level 2. That will reset the reports tho.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, NealT wrote:
>>
>> >I have been experiencing some issues with my Money Plus Premium so I have
>> >been trybg to repair the file while deleteing the bills data. Every time I
>> >try i get the following error:
>> >
>> >There has been an error reading or writing the file...
>>
>> I suggest you make a repaired version of your file with
>> File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2
>>

>> >Has anyone else had this issue?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Removing subject from tree
I'm trying to delete a subject from the subject tree within CRM 3 but I get the message I cannot delete it because it seems to be connected to another record. How do I find out which record this is? I've already tried every advanced search option on every entity. On Aug 16, 9:18 am, "Cyndi Shearin" <u...@microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to delete a subject from the subject tree within CRM 3 > but I get the message I cannot delete it because it seems to be connected to > another record. > > How do I find out which record this is? I've alrea...

Q re expensing credit card expense + payment of c.c. bill
I've got a checking account and a credit card account set up. I charge a lot. I categorize expenses in my credit card account. When I pay the (large) bill to the credit card company from my checking account, this transfer is counted as an expense. Thus, in the pie chart, my credit card expenses get counted twice - once when charged (in the credit card account, under a corresponding category), and once when I pay the credit card bill from the checking account (in the checking account, under the category Credit Card Payments/Transfers). It seems like there should be a way for th...

Converting from PFS File data
Is Access capable and successful program to convert data- files from PFS File? Used to happily run my mental health practice in Cheshire, CT on PFS programs and I have some data-bases of clinicians/providers whose info I need to bring into the 21st century. Help, please. Thanks. Herb Rosenfield wrote: > Is Access capable and successful program to convert data- > files from PFS File? Used to happily run my mental health > practice in Cheshire, CT on PFS programs and I have some > data-bases of clinicians/providers whose info I need to > bring into the 21st century. ...

excel wont open file #2
I am trying to open a excel file, but a message comes up saying th file is corrupt ,is there anyway i can open i -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Opening a file
When I double-click an Excel .xls file it does not automatically open the workbook. I get a blank Excel screen instead and have to browse to find the file. Also, if I right click and select Open, the same thing happens. This occurred suddenly for some unaccountable reason. Previously, the double-click worked just fine. Thanks for your help, Rose This is a typical symptom that somehow the Windows setting for the .xls extension have gotten messed up. The easy way to fix the problem should be to use the /regserver switch as documented in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid...

inserting a text into xml file
Hi friends, I am new to csharp and XML : fp=File.OpenText(server.mappath(".\\upload\\")+"test.txt"); string info=fp.readtoend(); string[] arinfo =new string[4]; char splitter = {'|','^'}; arinfo =info.split(splitter); for(int x=0;x<arinfo.length;x++) { response.write(arinfo[x]+"<br>"); a=arinfo[x]; xmltextwriter xwriter=new xmltextwriter("C:/XML/Data.xml",system.text.encoding.UTF8); xwriter.writestartdocument(true); xwriter.writestartelement("login"); xwriter.writeelementstring("usernam...

manipulating a .rc file
Hi All, I am trying to manipulate the unicode strings in a .rc file programatically. For example, if I want to read the .rc file, and then read the strings and then manipulate them. In .NET there is support using the ResXResourceReader/Writer for the ..ResX files, but nothing for .rc files. Is there any similar way in ..NET or Win32 to work with .rc files?? Thanks in advance! You can use BeginUpdateResource/EndUpdateResource etc. Look here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui /WindowsUserInterface/Resources/IntroductiontoResources.asp -- Ajay Ka...

Excel Files Won't Open From Shortcut
The title's misleading but I couldn't find a way to express it succinctly. If I have 2 Excel windows open, with one or more workbooks within each window, and I click on an Excel file-name in Windows Explorer or on a shortcut to an Excel file-name, nothing happens. If I close both Excel windows and try it, the file will open. Or if I go to Files, Open, and Browse to the file name it will open. This is both new and a pain in the rear. As recently as 3 months ago I could open six or eight Excel files at the blink of an eye, from Windows Explorer or from shortcuts. What change...

High rate of Growth of Log Files
We are having a high rate of growth of our exchange log files, sometimes upto 1 log file perminute, we only have 100 users on that particular exchange server. This rate continues even though there are very few users connected to the server. Exchange 2003 with SP1 Blackberry 4.0 installed on another server. Not all the exchange servers within the ORG have this problem. Have tried using "Using Exchange Server Monitor" but the "Log Bytes" remains at 0 for all users. Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this further ? Hi Matt, Have a look at the followin...

Combining multiple files into one work sheet
Good afternoon, I have multiple files single worksheet files (30), each in it's own directory that I would like to have combined into a single workbook. Each file name is unique, however the midships of each file contains the date the file was created "C:\XVG001\XVG001_20090713_Reviewed.xls". Is there any way I can create a function or macro that will pull these files from their respective directories and combine these sheets automatically into one workbook? Thanks Try this add-in http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/t...

mny file on different computers
I can't seem to copy my .mny file from my desktop to use on my notebook. Using Money 2005 deluxe on both. Money starts and immediately wants to upgrade/convert my .mny file (seems to think its from a different version). If I try to let it do this this it comes back and says it can't open the file, might be read-only or the disk is write protected. I checked permissions and all that. Have plenty of disk space. I have admin priveledges. I've tried restoring a backup file also with same results. Any suggestions? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Bill S wrote: >I c...

slow file open dialog box
File open dialog box in Excel 2003 and Word 2003 on W2K machine is unbearably slow when attempting to access folders on network drive. Doesn't appear to be a connectivity issue since accessing same folders in Explorer is almost instantaneous. This is the only machine running Office 2003, but other W2K machines running Office 2000 do not have this problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Regards, Paul You might find the answer in the following Microsoft Knowledge base article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822621 "Paul O'Brien" wrote: &...

what is the boot record of the database file? & TDE
Hi, I've just been reading an article about TDE, in the article I came across the following sentence The database encryption key that is created in the user database, in which TDE has been implemented, is included in the standard database backup. It is stored in the boot record of the database file so that it can be accessed and used to decrypt the user database. my question is what is the boot record of the database file? (I've googled this but I've not found a definitive answer..) additionally - I've not actually implemeted TDE yet. do the following back...

Select the position of an attached file in a HTML mailitem
Hello, I guess it's not possible to use the property Position of the Attachment class when composing a HTML Mail and adding an attachment. So if I'm right and it's not possible.. would it at least be possible to insert an hyperlink to an attached file at any position of the body when writting the HTMLbody so when the user clicks on the link the attached file open? Thank you in advce. Correct: Only RTF message bodies place the attachment in the body. Therefore, the position is relevant only to RTF messages, not HTML or plain text. It is not possible to make...

How to save document versions in one file?
Hello How to save document versions in one file as in Word? Or How to reduce space consumed by files of document versions? Excel doesn't have this feature. (You do mean different versions of the document--not different versions of the application, right?) One problem that may add to file size is excel keeping track of the last used cell. If you hit ctrl-End and excel takes you way past what you think should be the last used row, then you can reset it using some of the techniques at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Dmitriy Kopnichev wrote...

Excel File Open
When I choose the file and open option characters automatically are entered in the filename box. The characters vary and include "this then" and "this that now" and multiple periods increasing as I wait. These characters also appear within any given spreadsheet as I am working in it. Any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Are you using xl2002 or xl2003? Any chance you have speech recognition on? Ron Oatney wrote: > > When I choose the file and open option characters > automatically are entered in the filename box. The > characters vary and in...

How do I block Outlook from sending a certian file type?
We have an outdated database that is hard coded to send .DBF files to Outlook. There is no way to prevent them from landing in Outlook. We need to figure out how to tell outlook to send the message anyway, but without the .DBF attachments. Any help? techsupport@crownservices.com <techsupport@crownservices.com> wrote: > We have an outdated database that is hard coded to send .DBF files to > Outlook. There is no way to prevent them from landing in Outlook. Create a rule that deletes messages from the address sending them. > We need to figure out how to tell outlook to send t...

Can't convert Money 2004 file
I just installed Money 2005 deluxe. It won't convert my 2004 file. I even tried installing on a second computer and it still won't convert. I know the 2004 file is fine as I worked with it earlier today. What am I doing wrong? I've used Money for years with no problems. In microsoft.public.money, kittykatsmeow wrote: >I just installed Money 2005 deluxe. It won't convert my 2004 file. I >even tried installing on a second computer and it still won't convert. Do you get an error message such as incompatible version? > I know the 2004 file is fine as I work...

can't find file when trying to open IE8
When executing IE8, I get this error message: Can't find file:///c:/Program%20files/AOL%20Toolbar/welcome.html. Make sure the path or the Internet address is correct. After acknowledging this error message, IE8 does open up but won't navigate to the home page, it just shows this error again. If I hit the Home button, it does indeed work and goes to the home page. I can navigate anywhere I need to go, but just wondering how to correct this error on it's execution? Rockitman <Rockitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When executing IE8, I ...

combining certain parts of 2 money files
I have money installed on my laptop and my desktop. I downloaded data from bank several months ago onto laptop and now I need to move to the desktop. (Gone from bank sever) I saw post on combining 2 files, but can you extract only certain tranactions from a certain account and move it to another file? I'm using 2005 premium. ...

How to print title list of all files in a Word sub-directory?
I have a Word sub-directory containing 370 files. I would like to print out a list of the file titles. SteveV There are a couple of different ways to do this. My favorite is to use an Excel add-in called ASAP Utilities. One of the commands will populate a spreadsheet with the file name, path, folder, file size, etc and even make them a hyperlink. It is so simple plus the add-in has *scads* of can't-live-without commands! -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "SteveV" <SteveV@discus...

How can I remove an invalid path for an Access file from a pivot

vCard file association
How do I prevent Outlook from assuming control of the vCard/vCal file types? I'd rather have my Palm Desktop handle those... ...

When I open a file, Excel goes to Groupwise Lib
My company uses Novell Groupwise. When I am using Excel, and try to p\open a file, the system opens the Groupwise Library. Also I can not save a file or close out of Excel. ...

XSLT: Creating anchors from outer XML files
Hi, I'm trying to put the links (href attribute of the <a> element) out of my XSLT files, in a XML file, and read it from the stylesheet. I suppose that I have to use the document() function to link to the XML file containing the URLs, but I don't know how to do it. I've tried something like this: This is XML file containing the URLs (link.xml): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <LINKS> <L1> /SomePage.aspx </L1> </LINKS> And this is the code from the stylesheet: <a href="{document('link.xml')/L...