Reorder transactions within same day

Hi,

I import QIF statements into my accounts in Money 2006. Occasionally I match
a transaction with an upcoming bill, which usually causes the sequence of
transactions in the register within the same day to change. How can I reorder
these transactions to match my bank statement?

I have tried the following:
- I dictate the sequence using numbers (1, 2, 3, ...) in the transaction
"number" field thereby manually setting the sequence for that day. This works
but is not elegant (numbers will not be unique)
- I "cut and paste" the transactions to a "Clipboard" account and try to
"cut and paste" them back in correct order. Doesn't work - Money seems to
remember the previous sequence.
- I delete the transactions in question and retype them manually. This works
always, but is rather tiresome.

Any other ideas?

Thanks, Ivan
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I think you've pretty well covered the way this works.

Oh, one other: learn to not worry about it.

"Ivan from DK" <IvanfromDK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Any other ideas?

getting military time format within excel
is there a way to get military time format in excel? Sure there is. Use FORMAT -> CELLS -> TIME and select the military time format you want. "dgarrison" <dgarrison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EFE12DC-FC31-4405-9CDB-D4A58B40753B@microsoft.com... > is there a way to get military time format in excel? You can Custom format a cell as hhmm, so it will show 2250. However, you still cannot enter it as 2250; you'll have to enter 22:50 If you want to avoid that, see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Ot...

60 day trial
I need help intalling my 60 day download Bearoxuz wrote: > I need help intalling my 60 day download ============================= 60 day trial download of what? And...please describe what type of help you are seeking. -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695 Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk ...

How to schedule an e-mail to be sent at specify day
I am using Outlook 2002 and I will like to know how to schedule an e-mail to be sent automatically at a specific day. thanks ...

format date as day of the year
Hi, As title says, how do I format a date so it displays the day of the year, instead of day of the month? Regards, Nico. Hi Nico, For a date in A1, you could use a formula in another cell, coded as: =A1-DATE(Year(A1),1,0) and format the result as 'General'. Cheers -- macropod [MVP - Microsoft Word] ------------------------- "Nico" <haegens_nico@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eeF09qngHHA.4260@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > As title says, how do I format a date so it displays the day of the year, > instead of day of the month? > > ...

turn off "all day meeting" default selection
This seems stupid, but I cannot figure out how to turn off the check box by default "all day meetings". My meetings are rarely all lday, so its a pain in the neck to have to uncheck it for every meeting. HELP!!!! I've never done a full test of all possibilities but I think this may be to do with how you create the appointment. In my case, (Outlook 2000), I have my calendar view set on "Week". If I double click on a day, it create an "all day" default appointment. If, on the other hand, I right-click on the same day and select "New Appointment&q...

Dublicate Transaction
Hi All I use RMS 1.2 start from 28/5/2006 with 21 store so on 31/12/2006 we delete sales information from store and that transaction its start now from number 1 agin, the problem when i run detail sales report it's give me duble. and when I check the database What I find???? On transaction entry table i find old transaction for 2006 + new transaction for 2007 (20 + 40)=60 but the correct is 20 only?? Is there anyone fase this problem before and how I can fix? on transaction entry table there are no date to select and delete? Please Help me. MOH. I. OWN THE BODY SHOP +9665572666...

This transaction cannot be entered
I have started to get a popup window with the text of 'This transaction cannot be entered." with just a OK button on it when I attempt to update something in one of my Money 2002 accounts. I have had Money software for about 5 years now and this is a first. Any ideas what is causing this? I run McAfee virus scan daily and have had no virus reports. I am running Win 98 SE. cab You probably have a corrupted file. Look at the FAQ's at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ I would also recommend that you open a case with Microsoft as they do not feel that they have a problem ...

exporting payroll transactions and other data to another database
Hello: Long story short, the client has had us create a new company in GP which will be their new company. They are getting rid of the old company database, soon. We need to transfer (if possible) payroll master data, payroll transactions, and payroll historical data to the new company. Will SQL DTS "work" for this, or is not that simple? Thanks! childofthe1980s With SQL Server Management Studio I would recommend the following: 1. Right click on the old database and select tasks>>export data 2. Follow the prompts on the SQL Server Import and Export Wizard. 3. Sele...

Sort mail within categories
I now have Office 2003 but before this I was able to have my e-mails in categories then sort by "From", "Received", etc and keep the mail in the categories. I can't figure out how to do this in 2003. In needs to be quick and simple, I sort on many columns. Thanks, Deborah Once you turn off the arrangements in a view I think you can group/sort by multiple fields. Check here in a view: View menu > Arrange By > Current View > Customize Current View > Group By "Deborah" <Deborah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E45DDE0...

Analysing time and days patterns in a chart
Hi there What do you think would be best chart format to analyse some data that consists of: Date of Call out Day of call out Time Of Call out Call out Reference I am trying to see if there is any pattern in the days & times of call outs to improve rosters. Basically I want the time of callout & day of week mapped across dates/months to see any trends. For example if Fridays at 1am are a recurring callout time (after the pub!) or every other Friday etc. Do yo uthink Pivot tabe and charts is relevant or can normal chart provide me with the results? Many thanks I have the sam...

Help with a day of week formula
I'd like to look up the date (7/14/03) in one cell and return the day of the week (Monday) as text in another cell. TIA Dave <Dave Potter> wrote... >I'd like to look up the date (7/14/03) in one cell and return the day >of the week (Monday) as text in another cell. TIA =TEXT(SomeDate,"dddd") On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 22:27:05 -0400, Dave Potter <> wrote: >I'd like to look up the date (7/14/03) in one cell and return the day >of the week (Monday) as text in another cell. TIA >Dave =TEXT(TODAY(),"dddd") will return the day of the week...

05 Voiding Transactions
Is anyone else having the problem of M05 voiding transactions? After I synch, I will have the same 7 transactions in my checking account voided. These should not be voided. I have to manually fix the transactions. How do I stop this from happening? Thanks in Advance Cindy ...

Calculating hours worked in a day
I'm trying to create a time sheet for employees to enter their daily time. I want them to put in the time they came in (ex. 7:50 AM), and the time they went home (5:15 PM). I want a to be able to calculate the number of hours worked. In this case it would be 9.42 hours. How would I be able to do that? Thanks, Jasper Bonjour, *Jaz* the time they came in in E6 (19:50) format, hh:mm the time they went home in F6 (5:15) format, hh:mm =MOD(F6-E6;1)/"1:" Format, standard gives 9.42 -- Bien amicordialement, P. Bastard > I'm trying to create a time sheet for employ...

Missing Transactions #4
I have been using Money Deluxe and Automatic Updates for my WaMu checking account for a few months now. Looking at my account, I am missing about a four day period. There are no transactions there at all. I ran the quick repair on the file and deleted my temporary internet files with no luck. Any advice is very much appreciated. Thanks! I am having the same problem. I am using Microsoft Money 2007 Home & Business and transactions for the month of February are not downloading even though they have cleared my WaMu account. I ran the quick repair and deleted my temporary files with n...

Day and Date
I create a schedule each month. There is a column heading for each day of the month formatted like this. It is a General format: Sunday 10-1 Monday 10-2 Tuesday 10-3 ... and so on. Each month, I manually retype the day and date of each column to correspond with the current month. Is there a way to automate this so I don't have manually change 30 column headings each month? Select A1:B1 and click Format | Cells | Number (tab) | Custom and enter this in the box: DDDD mm-d You can then enter your starting date into A1 (eg as 10-1-2006, or whatever your usual style is) an...

Recurring app't for 1st working day
Hi, Is it possible to have a recusrring monthly appointment set to the first WORKING day of each month? Many thanks, Jason "Me!" <dummy@dummy.dummy> wrote in message news:eWLImhKdJHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have a recusrring monthly appointment set to the first > WORKING day of each month? I don't think so. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] not using native outlook tools, you can either use ws.repeat appointment or excel. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/everyx.htm for the general idea. for your specific needs, your formula ...

Wrong matched transaction
I accidentally matched a downloaded transaction to the wrong registry entry (same amount but later date). Is is possible to unmatch and trigger an rematch? Bruce. Only way I have ever gotten this to work is delete the transaction and then redownload. The second download will have to be manual to get the item downloaded again. Art "Bruce Chastain" <bachastain@XNOSPAMXsbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:%23UA$F79HHHA.3676@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I accidentally matched a downloaded transaction to the wrong registry entry >(same amount but later date). Is is ...

resetting transaction log numeric
Hi: I've got a 514 event id with source ESE in my Exchange 2003 Server. I've been reading some information about how to reset transaction log numeric and the procedure I have to do it's simple and easy, but I've got a question: When my exchange database backup finish, in my transaction log folder I can find some log files (just 3 or 4). My question then is: If I reset transaction log numeric moving log files (using eseutil /mh...), am I loosing mails in those logs when resetting numeric??? Those logs will never be inserted in exchange database, then are they...

Exec Procedure within a View
Hi How can i execute a Procedure from within a View in SQL Server 2000. Regards, Muhammad Bilal Hi Muhammad The short answer is "You can't" A view is a logical table, just a set of rows. It is not a set of actions to perform. One alternative might be to create a table-valued function, which can be used like a view but can include commands, such as stored procedure calls. If you told us more about what you want to do, and what version you are running, we could offer more suggestions. -- HTH Kalen ---------------------------------------- Kalen Del...

How to count the occurences of a text string within a cell...
I'm trying to count the number of text-strings, in this case commas, within a cell. For instance: A1(text)=AB,BC,CD,DE,EF If I could count 4 commas, I'd know there were (4)+1 objects in the cell... Thanks in advance. I always research as much as possible before asking the forum. The forum has ALWAYS come through with the answer! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Something like: =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")) or more generic: =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(UPPER(A1),"SOMETEXTHERE",""))/LEN("SOMETEXTHERE") &q...

SBS 2008: Cannot access domain name from within LAN
Hello. We have just migrated from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008. Our business website is http://<ourname>.com.au and is hosted external and independently of SBS 2008. The site is fully functional. We cannot access the site however from within our SBS 2008 network. When we attempt to browse we receive the below. http://<ourname>.com.au = Server Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied. http://www.<ourname>.com.au = Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Ple...

Quality of signature within Outlook 2003
I have created a signature within Word 2003 which looks like a web page for use within Outlook 2003, as a signature file works perfectly accept the quality reduces and little x's appear throughout email, when composing email quality if perfect only when recieved email signature quality reduces. Please can you HELP ! This may be a long shot,, but I had problems with my signature too. I went to Tools, Options, Mail Format, and then Internet Format. From the dropdown box select Sned using Outlook Rich Text format. That made a difference for me -- hope it will help you too. G...

All-day events missing from calendar
We are using public folders in Exchange 5.5 and have a few of them that are calendars in which a large group of people are entering all-day events. With the Outlook 2000 client, and even with an Outlook 2003 client we notice that some of the events are missing. If we add an item it just disappears. It's as though there is a limit to the number of events that the calendar will display but yet does not give an option such as a scroll to see the missing events. We've been doing some testing with Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 and the 2003 OWA thinking that perhaps the limitation was wit...

PM Transaction continuing error message
We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a query for all documents that were less than 1 or greater the 8 on the PM00400 & PM30200 tables. And updated the ones to what they needed to be. And it worked! And the message went away! But then we ...

$10,000 in days not weeks!
How would you like to use this weak economy to your advantage? It's easy because we show people how to earn fortunes by not taking one dime from them It's so good in fact when you join free you can get a 2009 Range Rover Listen to this Audio by my millionaire business partner http://www.byoaudio.com/play/WpmTgFBk We have the fastest growing team in the company and we are making tons of success stories Again there is no cost to join so get started today on my website http://www.watchthemoneyonline.com ...