Removing Downloaded "E" flag from transactions copied or added to Bills & Deposits

I have a couple of transactions that were downloaded from the bank that I
have added to Bills & Deposits. However, each time the bill comes due and is
added to the register, the "E" shows up in the cleared column and
"Downloaded" appears in the transaction detail. The same is true if you wish
to copy a transaction to another account. There appears to be no way to
clear this indicator. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.

0
wg_kendr (3)
6/10/2004 12:57:51 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Bill,

If I understand your correctly, you added the payments to Bills and
Deposits from your account register after they were downloaded from
the bank instead of manually entering them.

If so, then this is why the E shows up when the next occurrence is
paid.  This was a known "issue" in previous versions (not sure what
you're running).  I thought they had fixed it in newer versions but
have never tempted fate by trying it out.

Ever since I was first aware of the problem, I now manually enter the
payment into Bills and Deposits.  Its still OK to wait for new
payments to be downloaded from the bank.  That way when you accept
their first occurrence, the Payee and other info is added to your
Money database.

Then when you go to manually create the payment in Bills and Deposits,
just choose the corresponding payee, etc. from the pull-downs.  Hope
this helps.

Regards,
John Buschman

"Bill Kendrick" <wg_kendr@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:<eWIZQquTEHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> I have a couple of transactions that were downloaded from the bank that I
> have added to Bills & Deposits. However, each time the bill comes due and is
> added to the register, the "E" shows up in the cleared column and
> "Downloaded" appears in the transaction detail. The same is true if you wish
> to copy a transaction to another account. There appears to be no way to
> clear this indicator. Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks for any help.
0
johnbusc (409)

Link Removed??? Help
When ever I try to send a link to a site while surfing, I get a message that the link has been removed for security reasons. Is there a way to change Outlook 2003 so that while surfing a link can be sent from Internet Explorer to an e-mail recipient? TIA -- FrankO The link is sent, just blocked from your access. You can unblock it, but the recipient might not. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for more information. I recommend mailto_url instead. it's linked at getexe.htm. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/e...

copy/move sheets within workbook
When I try to copy sheets in a workbook to another sheet in the same workbook I get the following error message: A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'aa', which already exists on the destination worksheet. This repeats many, many times until it ends with something like 'zzzzzzzzzzz'. How can I preclude this from happening? I don't have any named ranges in the sheet/workbook that this occurs in. Has anyone seen this? >>I don't have any | named ranges in the sheet/workbook that this occurs in. Yet Excel thinks you do. Grab the N...

Help: Money Transfer Transaction Dates
I was using Money 2001 and recently upgraded to Money 2004. One the issues i've had with both Money and prior versions of Quicken is the inability to accurately record the dates for money transfers from one account to another (especially from a Checking account to a Credit Card) where the posting dates are different. For example... If i transfer x dollars from my checking account to pay off my MasterCard... my bank statement shows the transaction occuring on 01 OCT 2003 whereas my credit card statement shows the transaction occuring on 30 SEP 2003. When entering the transfer / payment...

Multiple copies of emails #2
I've read some of the other posts on this problem, but nothing I've tried seems to work. Here's the background. I'm using Outlook 2000 (SP-3). I have 3 different email accounts with comcast that I have forwarded to my Outlook. If some sends an email to any one of those account, I end up getting 3 copies of it in my inbox ... all to the same one of my email addresses. I know this isn't a problem with Comcast, because when I look at my messages on their server, there's only one copy of each. So I figure it must have something to do with the Rules ... but w...

Insert CRM Icon (i.e. contact) into Outlook menu bar and use hyperlink
hy, my customer doesnt like to access the contacts, accounts etc via the folder structure in outlook client - much too complicated.. he wants a "shortcut": I inserted the CRM icon for contact list view into the Outlook Menu bar and added a hyperlink, problem: with the following hyperlink: outlook://Microsoft%20CRM/Workplace/Customers/Contacts a new instance of outlook is opened. so after klicking 5 times on my contact ican, I have opened outlook 5 times... if I add the hyperlink: \\CRMserver\.... etc... I dont open the contact in the outlook view but open an internet explorer wind...

Directory Navigator has been removed from Viso 2003
Hi The Directory Navigator has been removed from Viso 2003. Is there another tools that has the similar functionality? Just designing the AD on the workarea is not good enough to get a good view of the AD och LDAP Directory. I just want too design, not import/export or any other functionality. /Magnus ...

Error can't empty clipboard appears when trying to copy.
When I try to copy and paste a table from Excel into Word I am getting the error "can't empty clipboard" appears after hitting the copy function...This has happened a couple of times but only after extended use of the program. When I pull up the clipboard there is nothing on it at all...I opened the clipboard on every program I have running to see if its full somewhere else but it isn't. ...

No receipt printing on Cancel Transaction but on No Sales
Can some experienced users to share tips how to not print receipt on Cancel Transaction but print on No Sales? Do some options do that? or I need to customize the receipt format. Ctrl-F9 turning on / off the printer works, but we need to remember to do that. Regards, Jason Yi Jason, All you need to do is X-out the receipt format set for Cancelled under the Receipt Format's properties. Good luck, Matt "Jason Yi" <JasonYi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC551E06-CB26-4844-B43A-E751C319D6C7@microsoft.com... > Can some experienced users to share tips...

can not download explorer 8
When I go to download explorer 8 and go to run it this comes up and wont let me download the procedure entry point SHRegGetValueW could not be located in the dynamic link library SHLWAPI.dll. How can I be able to download explorer 8? There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware infection! NB: If you had no anti-virus application installed or the subscription had expired *when the machine first got infected* and/or your subscription has since expired and/or the machine's not been kept fully-patched at Windows Update, don't waste your...

Ghost Bill MOney 2006
Chris - that is exactly what I did so I guess I have a ghost bill. Any help you can provide would be most appreciated and now I know what not to do next time. Thanks RH "Chris Cowles" <spam_magnet@remove-me-bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:Ox$MormRHHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > "russ" <russell@haddockfamily.com> wrote in message > news:OU$oZFdRHHA.3412@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >> I'm using Money 2006 and was updating the budget. I get reimbursed for >> health insurance from my company so I record this into an expense >> c...

Copy Public Folders #2
I need to copy a ton of public folders and their sub folders to a single public folder on my exchange 2003 server. I once saw a program that would accomplish this for me. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks PFmigrate, http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/PFMIGRATE.html If you need to keep the same permissions for each folder you will also need PVADMIN, http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/10/the_pfdavadmin_.html -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "Curious Joe" <joebob.johnson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:11...

Adding a WaterMark
How do I add a watermark within Excel? thanks for any help Chris, Many examples, but my favourite is at Aaron Blood's website at http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html Ron de Bruin has a utility at http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip An finally, if you're using Excel 2002, look for "Watermarks using Excel XP" at this site: http://cpap.com.br/orlando -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Chris" <cveniegas@trihydro.com> wrote in message news:...

Bill of Materials and Assembly transaction
I have never used this option before and now I am trying to figure out something. I have setup a Bill of Material to wich the item is assigned to a site (Store1). In this bill of material I have 2 components that are available only in another site (Main). Now, when I try to do an assembly transaction, I keep receiving an override shortage message because one of my components does not have the quantity in site Store1 but only in Main... Is there a way to have the assembly building from a different site? Thank you, Sylvain Sylvain, Transfer the inventory from one site to the other, befor...

How can I copy address book from MSN to MS Outlook?

Importing investment transactions
I am having trouble importing a qif file containing buy and sell data for shares. Importing of the cash portion of the investment account appears to work for deposits and withdrawals; but not the buy/sell data. Can someone give the best known method to do this. Regards, Tom In microsoft.public.money, Tom G wrote: >I am having trouble importing a qif file containing >buy and sell data for shares. Importing of the cash >portion of the investment account appears to work for >deposits and withdrawals; but not the buy/sell data. >Can someone give the best known method to do th...

CTreeCtrl Question, Adding the '+' by default.
Hi, I have a large tree control, and to save loading time I only load the root items and I only load the child when the user select one of the nodes. The problem is that because the Node has no child the tree control does not draw the "+" to show that there are child nodes. So how can I get the control to display the "+" to expand the node without actually adding child. Many thanks Simon. When creating the TVITEM, set the cChildren member to I_CHILDRENCALLBACK. You will then need to handle the TVN_GETDISPINFO notification. "Simon" <spambucket@myo...

Email Attachments on hard copy printout
Some emails I receive show the attachments as icons or the name of the file surrounded by brackets. The printed hard copies of my emails do not show anywhere the attachments I've included. Is there some way to get the icons or file names on the printed copy of an email? On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 07:37:16 -0700, "valuemgmt@aol.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Some emails I receive show the attachments as icons or the >name of the file surrounded by brackets. > >The printed hard copies of my emails do not show anywhere >the attachments I...

Copying the previous record
I have a form that I have added the duplicate record on the add command button. However, there are four fields that I do not want it to copy. Whenever I click the button I want the previous record to copy and leave 2 fields null, one field to get the current user, and one field to put today's date in. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for the help. Keith S wrote: >I have a form that I have added the duplicate record on the add command >button. However, there are four fields that I do not want it to copy. >Whenever I click the button I want the previous record to copy...

Money 2003D&B Removing Unassigned Credits
I just noticed under Business>Customer List> I have unassigned credits of 36.66. When I click it, it shows 1 transaction for 36.66 and the reason it states is customer no longer exists. The customer shows Paypal Transfer, this has never been a customer but a transaction type. How can I get rid of this? Thanks, Derek ...

Payment
Where I can get a template 40 col RECEIPT that does NOT show each transaction being applied to when account payment is made at the register. ...

Adding a time period selection for cash flow forcast
I'm using Money 2004. When I go to cash flow forcast, there are set time periods to choose from, such as 30 days, 2 paychecks, ect. I would like to add a 6 month selection without having to choose custom and putting in the dates. Is there any way to do this? Thanks, Mike Sorry no. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respon...

how do I import my address book from another e-mail account
I have peoplepc as my current isp and want to cancel that account. I need to export my address book to a .csv file in order to import it into my outlook account. How do I do this Once Outlook is set up and running, Import your csv file, within outlook "chivagirl" <chivagirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:920E815F-A2D0-4578-AA74-D2CD6D138E05@microsoft.com... >I have peoplepc as my current isp and want to cancel that account. I need > to export my address book to a .csv file in order to import it into my > outlook account. How do I do this ...

Cannot download reserve line account info from US Bank?
I have no problem downloading US Bank checking/credit account info. I also have reserve lines (lines of credit without actual credit card attached to them; they're used whenever I go over balance on my checking accounts). Money does not find these accounts, even though they're visible just like any other account on my US Bank online page. I'm using Money Home & Business. Meanwhile, would I just keep track of the account manually? PS when trying to add a BECU account there is a restriction on password to be 6-10 chars long. They lifted that restriction not so long ago...

Unable to remove "leave a copy on the server"
Hello, I'm using Outlook 2003 ... last month I've configured on my computer the option to leave a copy of the messages on the server. Now I want to remove this option, but each time I restart outlook, the option is reactivated. Any idea ? Thanks for your help ... Michel MD <mdubois@mednet.mc> wrote: > I'm using Outlook 2003 ... last month I've configured on my computer > the option to leave a copy of the messages on the server. Now I want > to remove this option, but each time I restart outlook, the option is > reactivated. > Any idea ? Delete the a...

Remove Addresses from Reply to All
I am researching the possibilities of disabling the Reply to All feature for company-wide mailing lists, and nothing looks promising. So how about this? Is there a way that I can prevent certain mailing lists from being entered in the To: fields entirely? I envision this: person receives email from "Everyone" and hits Reply to All. Something kicks in and removes the recipient "Everyone" from the To: field. Or at least prompts for confirmation. Any ideas? VBA possibilities are welcome. Enable some restrictions on the distribution group in AD. On Exchange general tab...