Reinstalling Money and password failure

I am reinstalling Money (version 2005) after replacing my hard drive and I
cannot get my .NET password to work.  I even tried updating my password, but
Money will not recognize it.  Does anyone have a suggestion.

Many thanks,

John L
0
L (105)
2/7/2009 3:48:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

There is a big patch that is need to the out of the box version of M2005.
Navigate to sample.mny, double click on the file name. This will fire up
Money and it should then tell you that there is a patch to be downloaded.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For unofficial FAQs see
http://money.mvps.org/
or
http://umpmfaq.info/

"John L" <John L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am reinstalling Money (version 2005) after replacing my hard drive and I
> cannot get my .NET password to work.  I even tried updating my password,
> but
> Money will not recognize it.  Does anyone have a suggestion.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> John L

0
Bob_Peel (292)

Ultrasoft Money
I bought this program because I thought it truly synced with Microsoft Money. It does not. All I have found that it does is to sync the checkbook registry. I have 4 investment accounts, a running credit card account and a checking account in Money. Of the six accounts, it will only sync with the checking acct :-( Might as well just have a cheap check book program. "Jackson" <jlmeehan1@charter.net> wrote: >I bought this program because I thought it truly synced with Microsoft >Money. It does not. All I have found that it does is to sync the checkbook >registr...

Money 2007
Howdy, I have 2 PCs with Money 2007 on them. Can I store the main MNY file on a network share and then access it from both PCs (not at the same time obviously)? Just not sure if everything is stored in that one file or if I'd run into any problems doing it that way. Anyone know for sure? In microsoft.public.money, Mr B wrote: > > >I have 2 PCs with Money 2007 on them. Can I store the main MNY file on a >network share and then access it from both PCs (not at the same time >obviously)? Just not sure if everything is stored in that one file or if I...

taxutil.dll
I have been using Money2000 successfully for the last 4 years. I tried to start it today and I received the error "MSMONEY caused an exception 10H in module TAXUTIL.DLL at 017f: 295b207a.". I checked my system and this dll is still there. Then I tried re-installing with no success. Finally I uninstalled and re-installed with no luck. Any ideas? Can you navigate to the msmoney.exe and open the program directly from there? Can you open the Sample file? Try removing and reinstalling to a new folder. "Wade" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

password protect #4
I have a workbook with 4 pages, is it possible to password protect just one sheet to prevent it being opened. Thanks Yes. Select the sheet then click on Tools | Protection | Protect Sheet and give it a password (twice - write it down to remember it as well). You can also hide the worksheet (Format | Sheet | Hide), so it's not obvious it is there. However, bear in mind that Excel passwords are not very secure and can easily be broken by someone who is determined. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 15, 8:33=A0pm, "S" <vir...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > I have a workbook...

setting up online bill pay money 2002
I use bank of America. When I tried to sign up for online bill pay, I recieved a web page with a message that there isn't a microsoft web page that matches your entry. I have online bill pay through my bank but would like to use it through money 2002. Anyone have any suggestions on how to sign up a different way? Thanks, Stacy ...

Money 99 #11
A friend of mine has Money 99 on a Windows 98 machine at her church. She had a machine with Windows 98 at home, but recently upgraded to Windows 2000. Money 99 was installed and she is able to complete transactions with the dates showing. When she exports a file to a floppy on the Windows 2000 machine and takes it to the Windows 98 machine at church to import, the transaction dates do not show up. I realize that this is a function of Money 99. I told her to try a new floppy disk with a fresh export; also tried a backup and restore. When I tried to open the file directly from the floppy,...

MS Money 2006 Sync
I have successfully been able to sync my iPaq with Outlook and my files. Anyone out there know what I now have to download in order to sync with MS Money 2006 with VISTA? I have the same issue. There's a note on one of the Money support pages that says: Please note: Money for the Pocket PC will work on versions prior to Win Mobile 5.0 (2005). It does NOT work on Win Mobile 5.0. Money 2007 will not synchronize with any Pocket PC version. Money 2006 will synchronize with Money for the Pocket PC if it is running on a version prior to Win Mobile 5.0. If you're running mobil...

Equity Line Payments in Money 2003
I reviewed some of the posts and even called MS on this, and there does not seem to be a way to split/categorize payments made to an equity line account. How the software defaults this payment is that it is assigned a category of "Transfer: Checking Account." Obviously, if this is changed, then the corresponding entry in the checking account would be effected, making that account out of balance. At least one way you can keep the balances correct is to enter your interest/finance charge on the equity line account every month by posting a "Charge." If anyone knows of a wa...

Can Microsoft Money 2004 update HK Stock Price
Hi all, I know that Money 2001 and 2002 cannot upgrade HK stock price from the online service. Can Money 2004 now upgate HK stock price now through the online service? Thank you. Pong >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >I know that Money 2001 and 2002 cannot upgrade HK stock price from the >online service. > >Can Money 2004 now upgate HK stock price now through the online >service? > >Thank you. > >Pong >. > What company is the HK symbol for? I don't get a quote on finance.yahoo.com for HK when I enter the symbol. >-----Original Mes...

Excel password #3
I forgot the password for my excel file. I have tried some programs such as Accent Excel password recovery, advance office password recovery. Neither did work. Sang. Well, your options are to either remember the password or find a recovery program that works for you. No guarantees - if you picked a really good password it will be tough to break it. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Sang-Wook...

username and password request
Yesterday I began getting a request for my username and password.&nbsp; After I enter them it pops up again.&nbsp; I have a second Windows Mail account on this computer and it works.&nbsp; I have searched through Google for a fix and anything suggested has no effect.&nbsp; I downloaded Windows Live Mail and the same thing happened.&nbsp; I tried to install Outlook and the same thing happened.&nbsp; I contacted ATT and they do not support Windows Mail anymore.&nbsp; I dont' have any idea if this is an ATT problem, a Windows Mail problem, a Vista problem or if I h...

money 2005 #43
I have Money 2005 installed on my desk top.I don't have it set up for passport. I also have it set up on my laptop the same way. I enter all my transactions on the desktop and tried running a backup and then restore it on my lap top and it does not recognize it. what have I done wrong? What is the version number on your laptop? (Help > About). It needs to end in 1105. If it doesn't - open the sample.mny file on your laptop and download the update from the Internet. Version should now be 1105 and you are good to go. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips ...

Money 2003/2004 Problem
I was able to use direct statements in Money 2003, in Money 2004 I can only download statements. Has anyone else experienced this? In microsoft.public.money, Chris wrote: >I was able to use direct statements in Money 2003, in >Money 2004 I can only download statements. Has anyone >else experienced this? No. ...

Money Runtime Error R6025
Tried the kb to register dll's, and still didnt work. I tried on my vista, quite a few DLLs are missing and can't register. Also tried on a XP machine and still the same error. Any other suggestions? =( ...

Cant install money 2006 on Win 7
I am running Windows 7 RC1 and have a new problem after reloading Win 7. My pc came with Works Suite 2006 witch includes Money 2006 and have used it with XP, Vista and now Win 7. It installed fine with my first install of Win 7 a few months ago. Now after a reinstall I get the error "Autorun.ini is missing or corrupt" I have tried installing in XP and Vista compatibility with no luck. Is there any way to get it to install? If not, what is a good replacement program? -- Anthony ...

Money 2004 Add Index
How does one add an Index when it is not listed the portfolio index list?? I wish to add the TSE300 index (Toronto stock exchange). MS Money page OSPTX. Thank You Bill ...

won't accept my network password
Take a look here, it may help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684 "talkeesha" <talkeesha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8AEBC715-AE74-45EC-B82A-4B0E5E35EA71@microsoft.com... > ...

How do you add a New Payment Method to Money 2006?
With automatic bill pay now running in full swing I'd like to add Direct or Automatic to the list of payment methods. I'm tried of using check as an option and having to change them all when they hit the statement to Direct in order to keep my checking numbers straight. Anybody got any ideas? "SM_Computers" <SMComputers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22622266-7D81-45DA-806A-C4A34F846924@microsoft.com... > With automatic bill pay now running in full swing I'd like to add > Direct or > Automatic to the list of payment methods. I'...

Money 2003 and Mobile PC 2003 failed install
I have been using Money Deluxe 2003 for a year. I just upgraded my IPAQ 3955 Pocket PC 2002 to 2003. I installed the Pocket PC Money 2003 and it stated that it can only install on Pocket PC 2002, and quit. I tried the Pocket PC Money 2004 but it would not sync, just act as a standalone. Help Thanks, RA have a look at http://www.ppczone.net/forum/showthread/t-5064.html had to play about a bit though. I copied the file from My Device /Windows /AppMgr /Install and renamed it to something else. When i clicked on the original file to install it gave me the error message. With this stil...

Money 2004 #88
I'm still using Money 2004 and to be honest haven't used it in a while. I've got everything updated now except I can't get my Discover Card transactions to download. I don't get any kind of error either. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks! Amy Check the obvious first: Can you log in manually to the Discover site? Is Discover set up for online updates in Money Are your user ID and password correct in Money? Lou "AmyJo" <AmyJo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D38DE677-F01B-4648-A9FF-AD4877AA1F75@microsoft.com... > I'm still...

importing data from excel to Microsoft money to create invoice
How do I import data direct from excel to create an invoice in Microsoft Money? I am trying to avoid completing individual lines of data on the invoice. I want to create the invoice by bringing it over direct rather then crreating individual lines. ...

Password change in OWA not working
We have a front-end server running Windows 2000, SP4, IIS 5.0, Exchange 2003. Backend is a Windows 2003, SP1 cluster running Exchange 2003. In OWA, when clicking on the password change button in options, we get "The Page cannot be found". HTTP 404 - file not found. I've been through all the KB articles and have SSL set up correctly on the IISADMPWD directory. This worked fine less than a year ago, and nothing has changed on this box except for the normal auto updates to windows. I have another front-end server that is running Windows 2003 and this one works fine. Do ...

Password protection on split database
I have a database which is split into front end and back end. The front end is password protected but the backend isn't Is it possible to protect both with the same password? I've tried protecting the backend with a password but when I open the front end it can't "see" the backend. Any ideas? Thanks Tony Put a password on the backend, then, after opening the front-end, use the Linked Table Manager to update the links (just like you would if you had moved the backend). You should be prompted for the 'missing' password during this process. You should only...

Money 2006
I am running Money 2006 - Canadian Edition. It read my old files from Money 2002 with no problems. I am trying to balance my credit card account. When I enter my new balance owing in the balance this account window, I get a figure that has no relation to what I have entered. In this case, I own $550.00 and my previous balance is $35.00. The total should be $585. Instead, it gives me a figure of $2500.00. I have no idea where that comes from. Worse, when I check off my debts, its final figure does not agree with my EXEL results, to say nothing of my own addition and subtraction. I have run th...

Can't convert Money 2004 file
I just installed Money 2005 deluxe. It won't convert my 2004 file. I even tried installing on a second computer and it still won't convert. I know the 2004 file is fine as I worked with it earlier today. What am I doing wrong? I've used Money for years with no problems. In microsoft.public.money, kittykatsmeow wrote: >I just installed Money 2005 deluxe. It won't convert my 2004 file. I >even tried installing on a second computer and it still won't convert. Do you get an error message such as incompatible version? > I know the 2004 file is fine as I work...