Register & Favorites Don't Match

I have Money 2004. My checking account register shows the correct balance.
But in the "Favorites" list on my home page, my checking account balance is
many thousands of dollars lower than the actual balance. How did these get
out of sync? Thanks for any help.

0
larrye1 (5)
1/13/2005 7:46:06 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Larry E. wrote:

>I have Money 2004. My checking account register shows the correct balance.
>But in the "Favorites" list on my home page, my checking account balance is
>many thousands of dollars lower than the actual balance. How did these get
>out of sync? Thanks for any help.

Do File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/13/2005 8:01:52 PM
Well, I tried that. The "quick" repair hung up my computer and would never
run. So I tried the standard repair and it reported no problems. But I still
have the problem. Any other ideas? Thanks.

> In microsoft.public.money, Larry E. wrote:
>
>>I have Money 2004. My checking account register shows the correct balance.
>>But in the "Favorites" list on my home page, my checking account balance
>>is
>>many thousands of dollars lower than the actual balance. How did these get
>>out of sync? Thanks for any help.
>
> Do File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair

0
larrye1 (5)
1/13/2005 9:48:49 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Larry E. wrote:

>Well, I tried that. The "quick" repair hung up my computer and would never
>run. So I tried the standard repair and it reported no problems. But I still
>have the problem. Any other ideas? Thanks.

That is *not* good.

Try opening Money with Start->Run and entering
"msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box.

That should be equivalent to the quick repair, but perhaps there is
some slight difference.

Don't overwrite your backups. One may be important to you.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, Larry E. wrote:
>>
>>>I have Money 2004. My checking account register shows the correct balance.
>>>But in the "Favorites" list on my home page, my checking account balance
>>>is
>>>many thousands of dollars lower than the actual balance. How did these get
>>>out of sync? Thanks for any help.
>>
>> Do File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/13/2005 10:06:03 PM
The quick repair technique you suggested worked fine, but nothing changed.
I still have 2 accounts (checking and VISA) that show up incorrectly in
Favorites (but seem to be correct everywhere else). I also now note that
some items in my upcoming cash flow projection are duplicated (some--but not
all--scheduled payments show up twice).  Any more ideas? Thanks very much.

--Larry

> In microsoft.public.money, Larry E. wrote:
>
>>Well, I tried that. The "quick" repair hung up my computer and would never
>>run. So I tried the standard repair and it reported no problems. But I
>>still
>>have the problem. Any other ideas? Thanks.
>
> That is *not* good.
>
> Try opening Money with Start->Run and entering
> "msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box.
>
> That should be equivalent to the quick repair, but perhaps there is
> some slight difference.
>
> Don't overwrite your backups. One may be important to you.
>

>>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message

>>> Do File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair

0
larrye1 (5)
1/13/2005 11:50:13 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Larry E. wrote:

>The quick repair technique you suggested worked fine, but nothing changed.
>I still have 2 accounts (checking and VISA) that show up incorrectly in
>Favorites (but seem to be correct everywhere else). I also now note that
>some items in my upcoming cash flow projection are duplicated (some--but not
>all--scheduled payments show up twice).  Any more ideas? Thanks very much.

Does File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair still hang?

The File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair may be worth another
try too.

I don't have info for you on cash flow.

I would review your backup strategy, and keep more than one vintage
of backup.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

vlookup or match formula help
i am trying to match, or line up identical ID#'s in wksheet 1 - column A (which has 305 lines/rows) to ID#'s in wksheet 2 - column A (which has 9500 lines/rows). (also, each wksheet has a column B with misc $ amts). thanks In Sheet1, In C2, copied down: =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!A:B,2,0) will return the amounts from Sheet2's col B -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:17,400 Files:358 Subscribers:55 xdemechanik --- "Will123" wrote: > i am trying to match, or line up identical ID#'s in wksheet 1 - column A > (which has 305 lines/rows) t...

Timeline: where it will match up data automatically
I'm trying to create a timeline for a screenplay I'm writing. I found a nifty little template: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010162661033.aspx But what I don't like is that I have to manually enter and move around the events, and enter the years manually, etc.. I need to set up 3 different timelines: 1. for 1 year, where each line on the timeline is a month 2. for 12 years, where each line is a year 3. a 60 year period, where every 2 lines is a decade, ie. from 1930's to 1990's I want to make a chart where I enter the date and the event, then excel...

Money 2006 Matching Problems
I just upgraded from Money 2004 to the 2006 version, and I'm having some trouble with matching. First, Money doesn't seem to be able to match transactions like my old version could. For example, I have an online entry that matches an existing entry letter for letter on the Payee, within 1 day on transaction date, and exactly the same amount, but Money didn't identify these as potential matches. Second, when I go in to try to match the transactions manually, Money does not include older transactions in the list. It only seems to be showing me transactions back a day o...

Matching call data based on date, time and number called to give c
I have the following two tables on different sheets, both containing other information within them that is irrelevant in my question. SHEET 1 Date - Time - Number Called Duration Cost 01/02/10 09:05:21 01234123456 02:16 0.50 SHEET 2 Date - Time Number Called - Duration Extension 01/02/10 09:07:56 01234123456 02:15 1234 01/02/10 15:30:45 01234123456 01:59 1234 Sheet 2 HAS A LOT MORE RECORDS THAN SHEET 1 AND THERE ARE A NUMBER OF CALLS TO THE SAME NUM...

Finding/creating record in one form to match previous form
I'm constructing a set of data entry forms. The user will fill these in sequentially with data on different assessments of a single individual. Each form has 'Participant ID' as the primary key. When the user tabs out of the last field in e.g. Form A, I have the next form in sequence opening up e.g. Form B. What I'd appreciate some advice on is how to have Form B search for a record with ParticipantID matching the ParticipantID of the record which was just open in Form A, and either display that record, or if it does not exist then to create it (i.e. fill the Part...

Check Register Entry Question
After downloading transactions from my bank to MS Money 2002, each transactions text data (name of company the check or debit card was paid to, etc.) are placed in my memo field. I then have to manually go the Name field to enter the name of the company. Does anyone else have this problem? How can I force Money to import the name of the company the check or debit card was written to, into it's proper place. Quicken has always placed it correctly, saving me considerable time. Thank you. In microsoft.public.money, Mick wrote: >After downloading transactions from my bank ...

No program is registered to open this file
Hopefully someone can help me. I've seen this type of error discussed earlier but never resolved. In excel 2007 I create hyperlinks to video files.. .wmv files specifically. When I click on the link it starts up the application and plays the .wmv file. (This excel file is basically a catalog of video clips that I can sort and select to play) I try to use this excel file on another computer running an older version of excel. When I click on the hyperlink I get the "No program is registered to open this file" error. The interesting thing is that if I go into Exp...

opened product can't register
I just bought a HP iPAQ and It works great! The only problem is that it was an already opened item. Everything works great but the softwear. It came with Microsoft Outlook 2002 so I can sync some of my emails and data. Well turns out the previous owner installed Outlook 2002 so now it's saying that I can't register because i'm the 2nd one to try. I don't know what i should do. I'd think that microsoft could help me out here but i've tried going through the help circut and i keep getting cought up saying the product was "purchased under an Original Equ...

Delete a smartlist favorite
Is there a way to delete a smartlist favorite? Click on the favorite, click the Favorite button, then choose Remove. "poodlehead" wrote: > Is there a way to delete a smartlist favorite? ...

Q: Registering an ODBC Database
Hi I'm looking into building an application with database support i.e. I want the application to be able to read an Access database file. All the text books I have say that in order to do this the user will need to register it. This involves delving into the control panel etc. Is there a way that I can take care of the registration within the application so the end user doesn't need to worry about it? Thanks in advance David "David Jones" <dave@ymchwil.NODAMNSPAM.com> wrote in message news:400e9536$0$23463$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com... > Hi > > I'm ...

Error message during login:not a registered user of the applicatio
Hi , i receive following error during login: Error during login, you are not a registered user of the application. Does the mobile user need special rights ? The CRMMobileErrorLog.txt : TIM]02.21.2007 12:22:20 [CMP]rdaMsgBusErrorTrace [LVL]0 [EVT]0 [TXT]Exception details : Message : WebException Extra Info : Status Code : UnauthorizedStatus Description : Unauthorized Exception Contents : System.Net.WebException: WebException bei System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.doInvoke() bei Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.Mobility.RdaMessageBus.Diagnostics.MessageBusService.CancelM...

loaded office pro 07 1st cd & registed what about 2nd cd?
only promped for one cd ?????????????? I haven't loaded office from the retail cd so I can't be certain what the issue is. Did you select all the samples and other optional features? They may be on the second CD so you would only have to mount the second CD if you needed to install something from it. There may be other optional files that only need to be installed if your system needs them. Many options default to run from CD or install on first use so if you didn't change those to run from my computer, you may be prompted as you use the feature to mount the other CD. ...

Experiences with Coghead to implement one elementary CRM ( 5 users, 5.000 registers ) or so ?
What are your experiences with this source? Pros vs. Cons. based on your experience, specifically deficiencies if any. ( speed ?, easy to make backups of databases ?, too many incidences ? ). Initially I see as positive from this solution the flexibility to adapt progressively to the way that client works. Thank you ...

Be able to hide certain items between registers
It would be nice to be able to hide items from the lookup table on certain registers. For example, hide food items on a retail register and vice versa. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbr...

Locate and Match Data
Thanks up front to anyone who can help me. My problem is that I hav two columns of data, columns A and B. Each column has a given set o numbers in it, approximately 3000 rows deep. I need to run a progra that tells me what numbers in column B match up to those in column A. The matches should be automatically listed in column C. Thanks! :cool -- kukarooz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kukarooza's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=779 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=2728...

Whoops: I deleted a registered schema
Hi all, I opened an XML file in the VS 2005 IDE. In the Properties windows I clicked on the [...] button for the Schemas property. This gets me an XSD Schemas dialog with a bunch of schemas shown in a tree view. I accidentally selected a schema and pressed the delete key, which made that schema file disappear from the list. I have no idea which schema it was or how to get it back or even if I need to get it back. How do I recover from this boo boo? Is that list stored in a file that I could presumably restore from a backup? TIA - Bob Hello Bob, Default XML Schemas are stored ...

How can I type (R) & not get the registered symbol (r in a circle)
edI recently upgraded from Office97 to Office 2003. In Excel 97 when I typed (R) that's what I got. Now, in Excel 2003, when I type (R) it automatically gets converted to the register symbol (the letter r in a cicrle). I have a spreadsheet on movies I've taped and always list the film's rating, i.e., (G), (PG), (PG13), (R), etc. In Excel, click on Tools | AutoCorrect Options | AutoCorrect tab, and delete the AutoCorrect entry for (r). Yeller wrote: > edI recently upgraded from Office97 to Office 2003. In Excel 97 when I typed > (R) that's what I got. Now, in Exce...

Building Full text index on Exchange 2003
Hello all, I am trying to build a full text index of the mailstore. The catalog is build fine but when performing a full population of the mailstore no mailboxes are indexed. The following messages show up in the Event log ------------------------------------------- Event Type: Information Event Source: Microsoft Search Event Category: Gatherer Event ID: 3018 Date: 28-7-2006 Time: 8:35:05 User: N/A Computer: TBG-VMS Description: The end of crawl for project <ExchangeServer_TBG-VMS privD88B396F> has been detected. The Gatherer successfully processed 1 documents totaling 0K. It failed...

field returns a value if at least one matching record is found
I had posted this question in the Forms thread, but that was probably the wrong place. TblPartNumInfo TblDefectRpt My query for PartNumInfo brings together lots of different tables including customers, contact info, status of jobs. A feature I need to add is a warning if at least one defect report exists for a given part number. It would be shown on the form as a conditional format of the text box where the part number is shown. So I would like to add a field to my query that would return some value (like the part#ID) if at least one Defect Report exists for a part#. I created a sepa...

M2006 transaction match problem
Hi, Every few weeks, my money file gets into a strange state where the only transactions that are presented to be matched are in the future (today's date or greater). The kicker is that no matches actually can be performed performed - the "Done" button that performs it doesn't work. After I repair the file, the problem goes away for another few weeks. I have been unable to predict when this will happen. Anyone else experience this? Is this a known problem. -- John Yes! I have been running Money 06 for a few weeks now. A couple of days ago I tried matching ...

import contact question
hi, i want to import some contacts from .csv file into crm using the wirzard "import -> cotact or leade" When i match up my fields to the fields in crm, i want to match the null value in source file to a null value in the picklist. But there are no null value to be selected in the picklist. Anyone knows how to solve it? thanks in advance jani Can you modify the pick list so that it contains a null value? HTTH Gill >-----Original Message----- >hi, >i want to import some contacts from .csv file into crm using the >wirzard "import -> cotact or leade" &...

Check book register template
I just started using the Checkbook register template and love it. Until I need to add some more rows, now the addition and subtraction feature in the Balance column doesn't work. What did I do wrong? How can I continue to put information in added rows and continue to get the Balance feature to work. Thanks for your help -- JM Hazel When you insert a new, empty, row into a checkbook, you are usually introducing a blank cell into a column containing formulae. You need to continue the formulae through the blanks. 1. find a blank cell with a formula above 2. select the cell and to...

problem viewing 'items to review' in register
I just imported my credit card statement as I have for years. When looking at the register, the right navigation bar has the text "Items to Review (126)", but none of the imported transactions appear in the register. Help told me to repair the money file and empty the temporary internet files. Neither fixed the problem. Downloading trasactions to other accounts work fine. Anyone have an idea how to fix? Thanks derrick In microsoft.public.money, Derrick wrote: >I just imported my credit card statement as I have for years. When looking >at the register, the right...

Migrating Favorite Reports
I recently upgraded my C drive and re-installed MS Money 2004. Is there any way to migrate the many custom reports I developed from my old MS Money installation (old C drive) to the new installation? In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: >I recently upgraded my C drive and re-installed MS Money 2004. > >Is there any way to migrate the many custom reports I developed from my old >MS Money installation (old C drive) to the new installation? > I would have expected them to come over with the *.mny file. Did you do a standard file repair level 1 by chance? Sorry, I did n...

Where did the "Favorites" folder (under "Look In:") go when openi.
In Excel 2003, when I go to File\open there used to be the "Favorites" folder listed under the "Look in:" area. Why is it gone and is there a way for me to get it back? Thanks, Karen Karen File>Open. In the Look in: browse to your C:\Documents and Settings\user\ and select Favorites folder. Don't open it, just select it. Now go over to Tools and "Add to My Places" You can also right-click on any folder currently in the "My Places" bar and remove it. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:21:02 -0800, "Karen" <Karen@di...