recording portfolio management expenses

using MSM2003 and I am trying to figure out the best way
to enter the quarterly fee charged by my financial advisor
against my portfolio such that it is accounted for in the
YTD ROI.  What happems is that they will sell some shares
in one of the investment accounts (i.e. mutual funds
shares) in the portfolio to cover the cost.
thx - dennis
0
anonymous (74722)
1/27/2004 12:44:12 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, dennis wrote:

>using MSM2003 and I am trying to figure out the best way
>to enter the quarterly fee charged by my financial advisor
>against my portfolio such that it is accounted for in the
>YTD ROI.  What happems is that they will sell some shares
>in one of the investment accounts (i.e. mutual funds
>shares) in the portfolio to cover the cost.
>thx - dennis

Enter a Sell for the fee. That should make an increase in the Cash
Transactions.

Enter one or more Other Expense transaction(s) into the Investment
Transactions register that specify particular investments and total
up to the fee. That will bring the cash transaction balance back to
where it was -- typically $0.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Averaging Selected Records
Hi, I have a continuous form with lots of data on it. In the form footer I would like to average certain fields by checking a checkbox next to the fields (in the detail section) I would like included in the average. I am having a brain fart on this and just not getting it to average the selected records. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks "Lythandra" <Lythandra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:262B5AEB-2692-4561-824C-D6FC7465FC1D@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a continuous form with lots of data on it. > > In the form ...

Problem creating new customeraddress records
We're trying to write a data migration tool using the 3.0 SDK to migrate some data to CRM 3.0. I am getting an error when assigning a GUID (of type 'contact') to the parent id field *of the custommeraddress* class: ****************** customeraddress_add.parentid = new Lookup(); customeraddress_add.parentid.type = EntityName.contact.ToString(); customeraddress_add.parentid.Value = new Guid(snew_contactid); TargetCreateCustomerAddress target = new TargetCreateCustomerAddress(); target.CustomerAddress = customeraddress_add; CreateRequest create = new CreateRequest(); create.Target ...

Outlook Contact Manager
How does Outlook Contact Manager compare with ACT! What are the advantages and disadvantages? While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Joe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > How does Outlook Contact Manager compare with ACT! What > are the advantages and disadvantages? You might want to ask in a newsgroup that deals with Outlook, BCM, or ACT. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

Change of Account Manager should not change other records.
When changing the Account Manager on an Account, CRM currently changes the ownership of the different types of records attached to that Account to the same value as the Account Manager. CRM needs to be changed to where the Account Manager field can be changed for the Account, but the ownership of the other record types remain independent of the Account. In most cases we do not want this ownership to change. For example, quite often and in most cases the owner of an Opportunity will not be the same as the Account that owns the Opportunity. Also, on Opportunities that have been closed...

Multiple weeks old Logons in System Manager
Is there a reason why there are multiple logons in System Manager under the Mailbox Store that are weeks old? Is there a way to disconnect them other then restarting the Infomration Store? "1BigMess" <1BigMess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a reason why there are multiple logons in System Manager under the Mailbox Store that are weeks old? Is there a way to disconnect them other then restarting the Infomration Store? Not that I know of (although I wish there were). But why do you want to do that? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at htt...

Portfolio stock prices
Anyone else having problems today with Canadian Stock prices in Money 2005 Canadian Standard Edition. All my prices are 1000 times the actual stock price, makes me feel like Bill Gates. Yes, I am having the same problem today. Thanks, Mark "Michael Brimicombe" wrote: > Anyone else having problems today with Canadian Stock prices in Money 2005 > Canadian Standard Edition. All my prices are 1000 times the actual stock > price, makes me feel like Bill Gates. > > > Just checked again, prices seem to be correct now. "Mark - Canada" <Mark -...

Summing the # of records
I have a spreadsheet that is has 10 groups. In the header of each group I'd like to total the # of records in that particular group, and at the bottom of the spreadsheet total the # of records in all groups combined. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance!! -- matt330 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ matt330's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28176 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=477503 What designates a group? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the e...

Table Filters and Empty Records
Hi, I'm quite new to Reporting Services and am having a bit of a confusing afternoon with it. I'm trying to build a report that contains a series of discrete reports for a number of projects that show project data and any milestone tasks associated with each project; if a project has no milesetones, the project data is still to be displayed. So, I build a report that has a series of fields showing project information (name, cost, state, etc.) and then a table below it to contain the milestone tasks for each project. All of these are placed within a list data region ...

2 seperate portfolios?
In Money Portfolio Manager I would like to track 2 different portfolios Is that possible? In microsoft.public.money, gun wrote: >In Money Portfolio Manager I would like to track 2 different portfolios Is >that possible? > Yes. File->New->NewFile, and select a new name. That also has the advantage of not loading your real file with data for your experimental portfolio. Another possibility is to keep all information in one file but create a new view in the Portfolio view. The new view would only view the portfolio of the second set of accounts. -- Neil "Ca...

delete record 03-06-07
Hi,I have a button in a form that delete that current record.before it deleted, access ask me if I'm sure I want to delete.Can I cancel this message and just delete (I want to put my own question before)thanks. On Mar 6, 5:13 am, "Lior Montia" <l...@matrix.co.il> wrote:> Hi,>> I have a button in a form that delete that current record.> before it deleted, access ask me if I'm sure I want to delete.> Can I cancel this message and just delete (I want to put my own question> before)>> thanks.These occur when the Tools>Options>Confirm Record Ch...

"Record is Deleted" message
Good Morning, I am encountering a rather strange problem with my Access Database. This morning when I try to run a report, I got the message "Record is Deleted" I get the same message when I try to run the query that the report is base on. I have never experience this problem and am at a loss as to how to solve it. Any insight, suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Joe P.S. I have requested a backup copy from our IT department. I will get the back up but am curious as to what happened and how to avoid it from happening again. well that could depend o...

How to make Picture Manager license agreement disappear?
Every single time I open Picture Manager, the license agmt. pops up asking me to accept or decline. I've tried all options (accept, decline, print) on that screen, but it will still pop up every time the program is opened. Not a major problem, just annoying. If anyone has any ideas on how to make it stop popping up, I'd appreciate. BTW, my version of Word (2007) is good/registered version, so it should't have anything to do with registration, I don't think. Thanks lots! Sabrina ...

how do I take over Groove workspace from previous tech manager
ur Groove workspace was installed and managed by a tech who is now no longer working at our company. How can we: - Backup Groove data - Upgrade Participant user (now current owner) to Manager - Change Groove workspace security - Lock out/delete previous manager Tron Try and post this over to the groove newsgroup where all the groove experts are On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.groove -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will n...

Management Studio
I have both a named instance of SQL Server 2008 and Express 2008 installed. When I try to connect with Management Studio, neither of those instances appears in the list of local servers. But I can see them in the list of network servers. In Local, I can see Integration Services only. Under the Network Servers tab, I see my server with the two database engines listed. In both cases, I have protocols Shared Memory, Named Pipes, and TCP/IP enabled, and VIA disabled. Is that the way it should be? I checked HideInstance in the Configuration Manager and it is set to No for both ins...

Business Management Error Move CRM 4.0 Database to Different Machi
Hi, I have backed up a CRM 4.0 _MSCRM and MSCRM_Config database from one machine and restored both on another machine ( Which had been useing a test database). After restoring both databases on the new host I used the Deployment Manger to import the restored database. After completing the import when I attempt to open CRM I get an error message saying " Business Management Error The user ID associated the current record is not valid" From the server where I'm logged an as Administrator On client PC I get the following. Server Error in '/...

Reference to next record within a group
I am trying to set up a summary query to identify how many total days a patient has gone without any medication. The following are the data that I start with. Member # Fill Date Days Supply Next Med Date 940183753-02 1/11/2007 30 2/10/2007 940183753-02 2/7/2007 30 3/9/2007 940183753-02 2/8/2007 28 3/8/2007 940183753-02 2/11/2007 90 5/12/2007 940183753-02 5/2/2007 90 7/31/2007 940183753-02 5/2/2007 90 7/31/2007 940183753-02 7/12/2007 30 8/11/2007 940183753-02 9/19/2007 30 10/19/2007 940183753-02 9/19/2007 30 10/19/2007 This particular mbr was on multiple meds for a specific di...

Count records b/w time range
I have a sheet which has data with date & time fields like this 19/10/2005 10:10 19/10/2005 11:30 19/10/2005 12:12 19/10/2005 12:15 19/10/2005 10:12 How do I make a formula to pull out count between each half hour slot? like: 10:00 - 10:30 =2 10:30 - 11:00 =0 11:00 - 11:30 =1 11:30 - 12:00 =0 12:00 - 12:30 =2 Please help. Cheers! Sunny =sumproduct(--(B1:B100>--"10:00:00"),--(B1:B100<=--"10:30:00")) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) <sunilkeswani@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1131569006.191782.216510@g44g200...

Multiple Record Inputs with one Form
I'm programming with SQL and can't seem how to figure out how to send more than one record to the table with one form. You've described a "how" ... as in how you are trying to do something ("send more than one record to the table with one form"). Now, "why" ... as in what will having multiple records generated from a single form allow you to do (i.e., business need)? This isn't idle curiosity ... if we knew more about the underlying business need, we might be able to offer alternate approaches. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access ...

Q: Modifying annotations & notes for Case Management
We are configuring case management for a client, and the following issues came up: As "Annotations" does not appear in System Customisation and New schema field is not selectable in the Deployment manager I suppose that form is not editable? Is it possible to do any customization through the SDK to this form, like add a new field? Or is it possible to add a new "Document"-form mapped to the Case-form (to be used instead of "Notes")? Ideally, their solution would involve a number of attachments, where each attachment has a status and comment field, latest ...

Returning something doesn't remove it from the expense category.
I printed out a Report for 2008 to show all my spending and what I can do in 2009 to do better at budgeting my money. For my Household:Electronics category, I showed almost $10,000. I was like, WTF? I checked it and during 2008 I bought and returned two flat panel televisions before deciding on the one I have now. They were $3000, then $2800, and the one I finally got was $1400. Well both the $3000 and $2800 are still included in the total on the report. I entered the transaction as an expense the first time of $3000 towards Household:Electronics. Then when I returned it, I just ...

Want to see the current record on the report
I have a form with a command button that brings up a report. The form has no unique identifier since together, the name and the date of encounter, determine uniqueness. ie. the same person may be entered on 2 different dates and vice - versa. I am using the following code kindly given me by Allen Browne. Private Sub cmdPrint_Click() Dim strWhere As String If Me.Dirty Then 'Save any edits. Me.Dirty = False End If If Me.NewRecord Then 'Check there is a record to print MsgBox "Select a record to print" Else strWhere = "[ssn] ...

Using labels to select records
I have several labels on my main page, that are used as buttons. They all four digit names i.e "2279" corresponding to different truck numbers When they are clicked they all open the same form. At the top of this form is a textbox, and I would like it to display the number of the truck selected. The second form contains different buttons containing types of equipment on the trucks. When I click on these buttons I would like the third form only to display the information for the type of equipment (I have a separate table for all the equipment) and the truck selected on the firs...

Unshare multiple records
Hello, all ! After some of our CRM managers were fired there are still the objects, to which the fired managers had the access (sharing). So is it possible to delete form the Access Control List the fired managers? There is the section in documentation "Unshare multiple records" But why in the CRM itself after choosing the some notes, and pressing the button sharing - the window "You can only view the access right for one record ..." appears: In such case it is not possible to delete the fired managers from the list. Is there any possibility to render automatic Uns...

Adding columns to "Look Up Records" window #4
In certain places in CRM (specifically highlight a Lead, click New Email, and press the looking glass lookup button to the right of the To field) when I do a Lookup for contacts or accounts, the window "Look Up Records" appears with a list of entities at the top, a search field, and two lists below. The left list is available records and the right is selected records. The Available Records list only displays a single column, the name of the account or contact. I want to display more columns, and scollbars are OK. My specific issue is that I have 4 "Rick Johnson" c...

Outlook 2003, managing large client list, new to program
Please bear with me and this long post. I work at a hair salon with a large client list. We are in the process of updating our computer, going from an old 486 using Q&A Database. It's not used for appointments, just for keeping track of client visits and any needed details such as color/perm info. Right now, we use a paper card system. Each day, the next day's client cards are pulled, their appointment time noted on the card, a "reminder" call is placed, and the cards are used the next day by the stylists. New or changed info is written by hand on the back of the ca...