Recording 457 plans in Money

Anyone have an idea how I should characterize a 457 plan in Money 2005?  Do
you use the 401K feature or is there a better way.

Lastly, how do you take care of "units" of a stock or mutual funds?  My
statement does not indicate shares of stock/MF specifically...it only lists
units at such a cost which doesn't mirror the actually cost per share of a
stock or mutual fund...thanks.
0
Virginia (9)
5/24/2005 7:38:08 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I wouldn't use the 401k type. Probably a regular investment account. This
will have Tax Estimator complications. Flagging it as a Retirement account
would have Lifetime Planner complications. Pick your poison.

For the units/unit values you can record these--just don't assign the
investment a symbol that can get quotes or havoc will ensue. I setup similar
"non-market" investments for my 401k plans without a symbol (e.g., "Big
Money Fund--401k") and a similarly named investment (e.g., "Big Money Fund")
with the symbol in Investments to Watch. They don't quote the actual cost
per share of a stock or mutual fund because this one isn't that. It may be
close. But it's not the same thing. The difference is somebody else getting
rich by handling your money along the way for a piece of the handle.

"Tony in Virginia" <Tony in Virginia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:3CEED5C6-BD5B-47B6-9448-D5FDF11AF04C@microsoft.com...
> Anyone have an idea how I should characterize a 457 plan in Money 2005?
Do
> you use the 401K feature or is there a better way.
>
> Lastly, how do you take care of "units" of a stock or mutual funds?  My
> statement does not indicate shares of stock/MF specifically...it only
lists
> units at such a cost which doesn't mirror the actually cost per share of a
> stock or mutual fund...thanks.

MSN Money Newsletters
I used to receive the MSN Money PM Market Newsletter up until the 20th of last month, then nothing. I have tried almost everything to acquire it again without any luck, and have not found any help at Microsoft either. Does anyone have any ideas? ...

Money 2007 Business Section
A couple things I found in the Money 2007 business section that cause definite problems. 1. When invoicing, there's no way to include the date that the time took place on the invoice. So there is no way to show your client what date the service you're billing them for took place. There is no report in the system that displays the time data with the date, so it can't be exported or reported on either. This seems like an obvious flaw, but evidently it's OK since it was the same in 2006. That makes it correct, so it won't be fixed (per MS). 2. When invoicing tim...

User able to see records that he is not supposed to
Hi, I have a user having a role that has permission to read only records that are created by him. He is able to see records that are assigned to a team X. He is not a member of team X. I have no clue how he is able to see it. I have checked every setting very carefully.Please help. IS IT a Microsoft CRM BUG??? Cheers, kunal Hi, Kunal, Can you please provide the specific settings of the security role(s) assigned to the user? Thanks, Leslie -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This ...

Money 05 cuts off data
B of A (Washington) using Yodlee & msn to sync data. The problem I'm experiencing is that the Payee field is being cut off. I've used /using the Payee Rules Manager, which has been working to a certain extent. My question is... What is the size limit for the payee field? A typical transaction from bofa(WA) looks like "PURCHASE 5xx29xxx658xxxxx3 ON 12/30 AT CASTLE ICE RENTON WA" When synced as configured above all i get is a very small portion, maybe part of the actual name. Second question is when trying to do a manual export from bofa (Wa) website I have the opt...

Planning Lead time-Item Vendors Maintenance window
Previously used manufacturing and MRP in v9 and the Planning Lead time on the Item Vendors Maintenance window (bottom left corner), we used to enter 7 for the number of days in 1 week. MRP then suggested to place PO's using these 7 days as one week. Now when we enter 35 for example ( V9 calculated 5 weeks for placing the PO) Now since V10 it looks like it is calculating 7 weeks lead time (35 days divided by 5 days) Did something change with V10 on this field and how MRP uses it with the Request Resolution window? thanks! -- Doug The system now looks at calendars and can conside...

Sharing 2006 Money File
I am trying to share Money with my wife. We both have a hotmail account. I have tried to log into her account (www.hotmail.com) ... no problem. However, whenever I try to add her via "Manage sharing" and I enter her password ... Money returns with a "...could not complete sharing setup for this file please try again". I have gone through the "Access your Money data on the Web". It does not specify what the problem is. Am I missing something? Any input is welcome Thanks Do both of you have different Passport accounts? Are all hotmail.com accounts also Pass...

Prinding each row of Excel sheet on a seperate page dispallying one record on each pa
From a spread sheet ,I need to print out a row on each page seperately that is printout each record on the row on one page seperately. Can any one please advise how it can be done ? Fro example Row 1 Data 11 Data 12 Data 13 Row 2 Data 21 Data 22 Data 23 Row 3 Data 31 Data 32 Data 33 I would want to print out Data 11 and Data 22 on one page then Data 21 and Data 22 on the second page and data 31 and Data 33 on the third page Pleae advise if and hwo this is possible. Thank you Sanjeev --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sorry ...

Record Change Confirmation
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0081_01CAB184.C1BB7DD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Access 2007 sp2 I'm using the following code I found on the web, on a Single Form, to = have the user choose to either save the record or not save the record or close the message box and continue editing: Private Sub cmdSaveAndClose_Click() If Me.Dirty Then Dim BlnOutcome As Integer BlnOutcome =3D MsgBox("Record(s) have been added or changed." _ ...

Formula to reference another worksheet, locate data, then record i
Hi All, It has been over 10 years since I did my Excel studies and I've unfortunately forgotten everything I haven't used regularly. My office has recently upgraded to Office 2007 (upgrade not being the descriptor I'd have chosen!) and I'm struggling with Excel. I've found my way around most issues, but I'm REALLY stuck now and suffering Friday-itis on top of it all! Essentially I have a multi-sheet workbook for my debtors ledger. Each page has separate columns for the customer numbers, names, total debts in each age range (7 days, 14 days etc), totals and lastl...

can I do a floor plan on Publisher?
can I do a floor plan on Publisher? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Do you dislike yourself so much that you'd want to even try? Programs that do plans like that are cheap - check your local Office Max or Staples. You can probably buy one for $30 these days. (I suppose you could conceivable do it. I have 22 yrs of drafting behind me and there's no way in hell I'd even attempt that. I'd use graph paper and a pencil before I tried using Publisher for that task.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "fran" <fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Money 2006: Is there an account for FSA?
Is there anything like a special account in Money 2006 for a flexible spending account? And if so, what is it called? Rod I'm not aware of one. Since it wouldn't really have any properties a basic cash account wouldn't have, using a basic cash account is good enough for many of us. "Rod" <rod@no.spam> wrote in message news:%23xX7cJtMHHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there anything like a special account in Money 2006 for a flexible > spending account? And if so, what is it called? So, should I set up a cash account, then, or doesn't it ...

TRowePrice or Ameritrade in Money 2005
Does these both work well with Money 2005? Are they both good brokerages? John wrote in <vcmdnXgwObb1KMXcRVn-rw@comcast.com>: >Does these both work well with Money 2005? >Are they both good brokerages? > I've used TRowePrice for years with no complaints, but I'm no Warren Buffet. Money 2005 has been screwing up my investment balances though. It used to work great with Money 2002. They are both reputable firms. At the present time, I am unable to download any of my Ameritrade account data with Money 2005. From a few other reports, Ameritrade is not working with ...

Advanced Find should let me search records between two dates
When searching the system for records, many times I need to search for records that came in between two dates. For instance, I would like to be able to pull all records input in CRM between March 1 and March 15. In 3.0 you can only query specific dates like "Last X days," "Last X Months," "On," "On or After," etc., but you cannot search the date fields between two dates. The functionality was available in 1.2 but is not available in 3.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the...

Money Download #3
I am assuming with all the issues, Microsoft is not going to be making Money available for download today? Don't see why not, the download version isn't going to be any different to the one you buy in the shops! But do please think twice about using a download and rather get a version on media! What are you going to do when your hard disk dies taking your downloaded copy of Money with it?!! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsof...

Money 2003: Change investment type from fund to stock
One of my investments was set up incorrectly as a mutual fund rather than a stock. Now when I sync with my brokerage website, it doesn't find the stock (since Money thinks it's a mutual fund) and it wants to add all the stock shares to my account as new shares. How can I change the investment type from mutual fund to stock from the Investments area? There are no menu options to do so and the online help doesn't provide any clues. I have several years worth of transactions for this stock, so I'd hate to have to re-enter them all. In microsoft.public.money, IanP. wrote: >...

backup exch from remote machine: which is best plan
I have a small domain with 2 servers: 1) PDC and file server with tape backup 2) Exchange server, no tape device Which is the best plan to ensure a safe backup of exchange? a) Install exchange admin tools on the PDC and include information store in the tape backup b) Get the exchange server to backup to a file, and then get the PDC to include that file when it does its tape backup. c) Some other plan I haven't thought of yet Regards roga On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 11:35:28 -0000, "roga" <{news2005}REMOVE_THIS_UPPERCASE_2_REPLY@roga.co.uk> wrote: >I...

Comparing records in 2 databases
I need to update an access database each day, with stock and price info, and then update it online. Is there a way to compare the before and after tables, and make a new table with only the changed records (only the changed fields!) plus the primary key? OR, does anyone know of a fairly inexpensive program that will do this? For Access 2k. Thanks! Tracking date record was created or updated, SQL Syntax --- It is a good idea to add these 2 fields to all your tables (except lookups). Let them be the last 2 fields. DateCreated, date, DefaultValue = Now() DateModified, date � set on...

SMTP service does not fail over to the next mail MX record
I have a problem whit SMTP outgoing mail on my Exchange server 2003 sp2 on a Windows 2003 sp1 and all fixes and updates on. The SMTP service does not fail over to the next mail MX record after the host for the first (lowest) MX record returns error. I have tested with SMTP Diag from the exchange server to several domains where the first MX record return error and SMTP diag failes over like it should do. I’ve tried to use both internal and external DNS whit the same result. I know that this error was fixed in W2K3 SP1. Any ideas ? What are you determining to be an error here? Is the...

how to enter a bond in Money 2004?
Hello! I just purchases Money 2004 Premium and want to enter a bond that I bought a few years back. It has a set price I bought it at (eg. $1000), which matures 5 years later at $1200. It is a non-US bond. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks for helping the inexperienced! ...

Basic Money 2004 Budgeting Question
In MS Money 99 I was able to chart out several months worth of spending by budget category (auto, gasoline, groceries, etc.) By looking at this chart, I was able to compare by month my actual spending versus my budgeted amount for each category. In addition, the cumulative totals at the far right showed how much in the black or red I was in each category over the period of time that I specified (e.g., Sept 02 - July 03). I have been unable to find a chart that performs this function in MS Money 2004, which seems odd given that being able to track such information over a period of ...

Updated records in forms
Each record in a form is a work order. School, contractor, days of work, etc. I have a pop up calendar to select a week ending date for each record. Record 1's week ending date is Nov 13, 2009. Record 2's week ending date is Nov 20, 2009. When I change the date in record 2, it's changing the date in record 1. Each record's week ending date become all records' week ending date? Can I use a pop up calendar in a record and be able to retain the correct week ending date for each record. If so, how would I be able to accomplish this? Thanks for your inp...

Money 2004: Error in Subtotals and Cash Flow Charts
On my Account List screen and in the charts on my Cash Flow screen, the subtotals for my checking, credit card, and investment accounts are shown as ridiculously large numbers (i.e. $268,991,640,696,311.71). When I check each account for beginning balances ($0) and all of the transactions in each account, I can't find anything that would be causing this. (The ending balances at the list of transactions in each account is correctly listed.) My currency is also correctly set to USD. Does anyone know where this huge number might be coming from? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money...

Money 2004 will not update stock quotes after initial update
The first time I loaded Money 2004 and updated stock quotes it worked. Since then, it provides a checkmark in the Call Summary Mesages next to the message "Your call was successful" in the Category "Quotes, New, and Exchange Rates". However, I see the time of the download is the time when I ran the first update, not the most recent. Money support has not yet fixed the problem. Has anyone else had the problem? More importantly, does anyone have the fix? I deleted the program and reinstalled. Once again, it did it the first time but then the same issue occurs...

Money 2007 Check number download problem
When I download from my bank I get the check number plus it has 'view check' next to the number. This just started. I do not know how to fix this. Any help would be appreciated. =?Utf-8?B?bWVsZWxpbmE=?= <melelina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 14 Apr 2008 in group microsoft.public.money: > When I download from my bank I get the check number plus it has 'view > check' next to the number. This just started. I do not know how to > fix this. Any help would be appreciated. What bank? Option 1: Your bank downloads directly into Money. The bank is putt...

Money 2004 crashes on download!
I have been using Money 2004 with online services for over a year now, and this morning it started crashing when it would do its latest download. I have daily backups, so I went back a couple of days and restored a presumably known good backup, and same thing happens when it does its account download. I reboot the system to be sure everything was clean. Now it is able to download fine if I process updates again, here is the problem - from the crashed event, I have about 12 transactions that it says I have to check, but they do not show up for example in my checking account register an...