Reconcile #5

What exactly does it mean when I Reconcile a transaction?  What's the
difference between reconciled and cleared?
0
JD1 (109)
12/22/2004 11:51:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, JD wrote:

>What exactly does it mean when I Reconcile a transaction?  What's the
>difference between reconciled and cleared?

To me, Reconciled means that not only has the transaction cleared,
the transaction makes the balance match what you should have at that
point.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/23/2004 12:09:34 AM
JD wrote:
> What exactly does it mean when I Reconcile a transaction?  What's the
> difference between reconciled and cleared?

Cleared means you received notice that it's posted at the bank.
Reconciled means you compared it to an account statement produced by
your bank, and it matches.
0
NoSpam1246 (979)
12/23/2004 2:52:28 AM
Chris Cowles wrote:

> JD wrote:
> > What exactly does it mean when I Reconcile a transaction?  What's
> > the difference between reconciled and cleared?
>
> Cleared means you received notice that it's posted at the bank.
> Reconciled means you compared it to an account statement produced by
> your bank, and it matches.

Thank you!!
0
jadpitt (1)

FRx 6.5 Reports with FRx 6.7 Report Server
Can FRx 6.5 reports work with FRx 6.7 Report Server without being upgraded to FRx 6.7? Any Help would be appreciated. ------=_NextPart_0001_2CE4EA95 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Andrew, Thanks for the question about FRx 6.5 and 6.7. I would recommend having your entire FRx environment operating on the same version. When using different versions of FRx in one environment it can create problems. Let us know if you have any questions. David Treleaven Microsoft Online Partner Support When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via you...

Run-time error '5'
Hello, I'm getting a weird error on one of our computers. As soon as I open Excel and click anywhere on the sheet, I get an error: Run-time error '5' Invalid procedure or call argument This is just a blank document, with no macros or VBA code. Why am I getting it? I would appreciate your help. Thank you, -- Peter Afonin Hi try removing all add-ins -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Peter Afonin wrote: > Hello, > > I'm getting a weird error on one of our computers. As soon as I open > Excel and click anywhere on the sheet, I get an error: > ...

Exchange 5.5 #10
I followed the article suggested and identified the last committed log. When I go to the transaction log folder, however, there are no back logs to move. The only logs in the folder are edb.log, edb0264D.log (last known committed log), res1.log and res2.log. The article says not to move the edb.log, res1.log or res2.log, just move any logs older than the last one committed, but there aren't any. Any more suggestions? Thanks! ...

Some Ex2k3/5.5 advice please?
We initially had an exchange 5.5 environment with 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the organisation/site. We recently added Exchange 2003 into the organisation. This consists of an Exchange 2003 standard server for the SRS service and a pair of clustered Exchange 2003 Enterprise servers. (We had to have the separate server for SRS because you cannot install the SRS service on a cluster). We have the servers communicating with each other and working OK. Due to the way we are migrating our users, it is likely that it will take around 2 years before all the mailboxes etc. are migrated to Exchange 2003. ...

Exch. 5.5 GAL questions
Ok, I have created three address book views in Exchange 5.5 (Company A, Company B, and Other) and I would like those to be the only address books that users can see. As of this moment, they can see and traverse Global Address List, Company A, Company B, Other, and Recipients. How do I make the GAL and Recipients disappear from the available address books? I read somewhere that by giving the site account search permissions it will make the GAL and Recipients dissappear out of the available address books, however, I have no idea how to edit permissions on the GAL since I can't ...

Outlook 2003 + SurfControl v4.0/Exchange 5.5/Windows 2000 problem...
(apologies for the length of this posting) We are part of a multi-site organisation with installations of Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a server at each site. Internet mail is received at 1 central location by SMTP and passed down to the appropriate Exchange site (including mine) via X.400 connector. Anti-spam/anti-virus is handled centrally at the SMTP gateway, however we also have our own anti-spam software (SurfControl E-mail Filter for Exchange v4.0) installed on our downstream Exchange server for added protection and local rules. Almost all clients access this Exchange server using Outlook 2003....

Need advice on 5.5 migration
Our current setup is all NT4 servers and I am running Exch 5.5. My boss wants a whole new domain created for new servers that we will be getting that will be running 2003 server and exchange 2003 (current servers are too outdated for an upgrade). I have set this up in a test environment and created the trusts and ran the ADMT and things ran fairly smoothly except password issues but that may be another post later. My question is which is the best way to approach this from an Exchange standpoint? Should the 2003 join the existing site or should I create a new exchange site for the 2003?...

Move forms in public folders 5.5 to exchange 2003
Hello all, I recently migrated from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 using ADC and things were fine. I later deleted ADC and moved Exchange 2003 to native mode. I recently found out that the public folders have not been migrated. I earler used the pfmigrate script in exchange 2003. For some reason it had just created blank folders with no data on it. Now i want to migrate/transfer the public folders content(like forms) from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 computer. Please help. Best, Karthik ...

Moving Public Folders #5
Is there anyway to move the hiearchy in the public folder listing? We have this +Public Folders Pub Folder1 Pub Folder2 Pub Folder3 What we want is this: +Public Folders Organization Name Pub Folder1 Pub Folder2 Pub Folder3 There are over 20K items, so moving them by hand is definatly out of the question. How can we create a new top level folder then place all existing folders under that? ESM only selects one item, and PFDavAdmin doesnt seem like it can do it. Thanks. On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:03:27 -0800, Vicnice <Vicnice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

CDialogBar #5
In resource editor I added a CComboBox control to the dialogbar. I created my own class inheriting the CDialogBar. The content of the combo box is defined in the resource file. My intent is to set the text of the combobox to the first entry. The following is the initalization code and I had verified that the program is flowing throught it. LONG cDlgBar::OnInitDialog ( UINT wParam, LONG lParam) { // <-- with these lines. --> BOOL bRet = HandleInitDialog(wParam, lParam); CComboBox* pSubject = (CComboBox*) GetDlgItem (IDC_SUBJECT); pSubject->SetCurSel(1); if (!UpdateData(F...

Exchange 5.5 (2 imc servers)
We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on 2 exchange servers in different sites in the same Org. They both have IMC running with a cost of 1 Inbound and Outbound. How can I configure it so that if the IMC on server 1 goes down, that all outbound email will go through server 2? Currently if I stop the IMC on server 1, and a user tries to send an email from site 1 email doesn't go anywhere and just gets lost until I start the service. Both server do see each other and replicate directory information and messages correctly. Thanks, Craig That option isn't available on the IMC or Exchange per...

macro to change column to keep only last 5 characters
I'm not sure how I can use left or right or trim on this, but any suggestions? Formula method. Assuming data in column A, in B1 enter =RIGHT(A1,5) and double-click fill handle to copy down. Macro method. You choose the activecell. Sub trimmit() Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range(ActiveCell, Cells(Rows.Count, ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp)) For Each cell In rng cell.Value = Right(cell.Value, 5) Next End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:33:51 -0800 (PST), S Himmelrich <himmelrich@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm not sure how I can use left or right ...

Exchange 5.5 LAST SERVER DELETE
We are trying to move from a mixed environment with a single 5.5 and 2003 exchange server. When we follow the MS article to remove LAST EXCHANGE 5.5 server it fails telling us that "the object was not found in the directory. This may be because replication not completed. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: c1010aae". Anyone seen this? Is this a sign of problems in the exchange 5.5 mailboxes or public folders? We have moved [or think we have] all of the mailboxes and public folders to the Exchange 2003 server sucsessfully. We need to do this ASAP. Thanks! -- John Peter...

Exchange 5.5 MTA
I am coexisting with one Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003 server. Right now I want to get all SMTP mail to go out through the Exchange 2003. The mail is currently being fowarded over to the 5.5 server and then going through the internet. There are no mailboxes on the 5.5 but do not want to get rid of yet. Thanks "Johnny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am coexisting with one Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003 >server. Right now I want to get all SMTP mail to go out >through the Exchange 2003. The mail is currently being >fowarded over to th...

Questions to exmerge 6.5.7408.1 (newest version)
- What is the maximum size of a PST file that exmerge can export to? (the ~1.8GB limit from Outlook 2002 and previos?) - We need exmerge for archiving the Excahnge Journaling Mailbox and will use the dataimportmethod=3 option in the ini file, which should export the mailbox into a pst and the delete the content of the mailbox. What will happen with messages that arrive in the mailbox during the exmerge export? Is exmerge smart enough to leave these messages in the Mailbox or does exmerge delete all messages in the mailbox after the export? Thanks in advance for any help! Franz Exmerge as...

recover deleted mailbox Exchange 5.5
Hi, as a matter of fact I deleted all the mailboxes of my Exchange 5.5 by deleting the Users that werde synchronized over the ADC in the Activ Directory User Manager. Is there a way tho recover the mailboxes in Exchange 5.5??? Please help! Regards Gerhard "Gerhard Sattler" <xgsrss@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there a way tho recover the mailboxes in Exchange 5.5??? If you have a backup... -- Juergen Nieveler If you have a backup, yes. Here is the document you need. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/administration/55/backuprestore.asp -- Martin Blackstone ...

Exchange Server 5.5 unable to receive SMTP mails
Hi Guys, Our Exchange Server currently cannot receive SMTP mail from mail clients including outlook express.What can we do to make it work.Pls help. Platform: Exchange 5.5 Service pack 3 on Windows NT 4.0 -- Buchi Hi; Did you check that if your exchange have an open relay and may be blacklisted? http://www.rbl.jp/ckdb/ you can check from here... Bora Güler "Buchi" wrote: > Hi Guys, > Our Exchange Server currently cannot receive SMTP mail from mail clients > including outlook express.What can we do to make it work.Pls help. > > Platform: Exchange 5.5 ...

test #5
test ...

USB RNDIS image is not downloading in wince 5.0
Hi, Thanks for all ur great support. Now I got bootme message from my device and my device is detected in PB (target->connectivity options->Ethernet settings). But when i give Target->AttachDevice, the image is not downloading, at that time bootme is transferred to host. i set ip address both side by manually. ping and ipconfig is working perfectly in PC side. Any idea. Regards - D. your device IP address and your PC IP address must be in same subnet. Means if your device IP address is 192.168.0.<some unique value > then your PC IP is also 192.168.0. <...

How to add multiple members in DL for Exchange 5.5
Hi, Is there any way to add multiple members in Exchange 5.5 distribution list, instead of selecting one at a time. Thanks! Directory import, available in Exchange administrator tool. Baris. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "San" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:f4a001c43de9$9cabde00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there any way to add multiple members in Exchange 5.5 > distribution list, instead of selecting one at a time. > > Thanks! ...

Symantec Antivirus Corp Edition 9.0 & SMSE 4.5
I'm running Symantec Corp Edition 9.0 for file level protection and SMSE 4.5 for exchange. I know I have to exclude the Exchange folders under Symantec Corp Edition 9.0. Do I have to Enable or Disable Microsoft Exchange Auto Protect in 9.0? (Under Configure, Microsoft Exchange Auto-protect)? You would want to enable this so that Symantec will scan any message that comes through your Exchange client (Outlook). If someone sets up internet mail through Outlook you will be protected. Look at the Help that comes with the client and it will explain when you might not want to set this. &q...

5.5 Recovery
Ok, so I've got a situation coming up were I have to recover a Exchange 5.5 server and a Exchange 2000 server (from scratch). I haven't been given the full details yet of the whole deal so in the mean time I'm looking for a good set of docs to read over. I have to restore both these servers from scratch, totally new boxes and the restore the emails using Veritas. Do any of you guys/girls have any good docs that I could check out.... Thanks... The Microsoft disaster recovery white papers is a good start. The 2000 recovery will be a pita as you will need to build a reco...

Installation of Office 2004 on OS X 10.5 Leopard
I installed Office 2004 (and EndNote) after upgrading to Leopard 10.5 and something is amiss. Three (probably related) symptoms I observed: 1. After the install, when opening Word, I'm greeted with the prompt: "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework library." 2. When trying to update Office 2004 via Microsoft AutoUpdate, the application recognizes any out-of-date versions, but then hangs and doesn't download anything (requires a force quit). Also hangs if running updates that were manually downloaded from Microsoft's website. (even o...

Inventory Reconcile-Project Accounting
Just updated from version 7.5 to version 9. We did use the project purchase order in version 7.5 and when we reconciled inventory, we had to reconcile inthe inventory module and then in the project module. I am assuming since Great Plains combined the project purchase order module in to the purchasing module, we only have to reconcile inventory inthe inventory module from now on? -- Doug Doug, If you have these other modules, you should reconcile SOP and POP prior to reconciling Inventory. You should check out our web site, we have some new books on GP and the Maintenance book ...

need to re-join exchange 5.5 to mixed organization for public folders backup
I just removed the last exchange 5.5 from the mixed organization I have. But now i'm missing some public folders!!!! Can I re-join the exchange 5.5 server after deleting it from the organization?? please help! Then I have to replicate the public folders. I have an exchange 2003 SP2 cluster and an another Ex 2003 where the SRS service was running. If I can not do this?? How can I restore the public folders to the new Exchange 2003 server?? How about bringing up the 55 server and using Exmerge. Nue <noursly@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146573361.871293.98000@j33g2000cwa.goo...