Read Online Statement -- All the Time in Money 2006?

I just upgraded to Money 2006 from the '04 edition. It appears that it
always wants me to "Read Online Statement" for all of my investment
accounts, even though there's been no actual transactions in the funds.
I think all that's changed is the price of the fund or stock for the
day.

I don't think earlier versions worked this way, and it seems odd that
it asks mne to Read the Online Statement after doing nothing than
grabbing the day's latest prices. Is this what everyone is
experiencing, and am I the only way to find this odd?

Thanks,
Paul Pinella
Radar Media Group
http://www.radarmedia.com

0
pjpinella (5)
2/21/2006 6:46:20 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

you can turn it off in the options.  I think most of us have turned it off.

Art

pjpinella@gmail.com wrote:

> I just upgraded to Money 2006 from the '04 edition. It appears that it
> always wants me to "Read Online Statement" for all of my investment
> accounts, even though there's been no actual transactions in the funds.
> I think all that's changed is the price of the fund or stock for the
> day.
>
> I don't think earlier versions worked this way, and it seems odd that
> it asks mne to Read the Online Statement after doing nothing than
> grabbing the day's latest prices. Is this what everyone is
> experiencing, and am I the only way to find this odd?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul Pinella
> Radar Media Group
> http://www.radarmedia.com

0
art4580 (318)
2/22/2006 1:53:06 AM
Thanks, Art, I didn't think of that! Much appreciated,
Paul P.

0
pjpinella (5)
2/22/2006 12:02:24 PM
How do you turn this off? I don't see anything in Settings but there are a
lot of them...

<pjpinella@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, Art, I didn't think of that! Much appreciated,
> Paul P.

0
donawalt1 (63)
3/2/2006 5:06:37 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Don Awalt wrote:

>How do you turn this off? I don't see anything in Settings but there are a
>lot of them...

Are you asking how to disable online access for an account?
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
3/2/2006 5:20:41 PM
Oh - I thought you meant something else. Sorry.

> In microsoft.public.money, Don Awalt wrote:
>
>>How do you turn this off? I don't see anything in Settings but there are a
>>lot of them...
>
> Are you asking how to disable online access for an account?

0
donawalt1 (63)

ms money trial, converting from quicken, missing categorie
i downloaded the ms money 2006 trial, and did the conversion from quicken 2005. all seems well. except i have 11,000+ transactions with missing categories i've tried removing all categories in money 2006 before the conversion, same number of transactions missing categories i've tried loading all the categories in money 2006, and doing the conversion. same number of transactions any help? this is definately a show stopper :-( jd In microsoft.public.money, john dekker wrote: >i downloaded the ms money 2006 trial, and did the conversion from quicken >2005. all seems wel...

Money 2006 standard to Delux
Hi, I have purchased Money 2006 standard edition and during the startup it offered to upgrade to Delux. I have tried several times following the links. That’s what I'm getting when I try tu upgrade: We're sorry; there are no plans available. This can happen for one of the following reasons: You currently have this plan or a similar plan. You have previously purchased this plan. This plan is not available in your Country or Region. And right after that the plan is listed as Microsoft Money 2006 Standard. Any ideas? --Venelin money sucks "vvoykov" <vvoykov@discuss...

MS Money 2005 and the internet
Why does MS Money insist on connecting to the internet when you open a file? Can I make it not do this? What about users that aren't connected? A1) Apparently because Microsoft thinks Most Users Prefer(tm) it this way. A2) No that anybody knows of short of disabling the network. A3) It fails to connect. "pickle" <pickle@comcast.net> wrote in message news:SrKdnaq2IfCqKZvfRVn-pQ@comcast.com... > Why does MS Money insist on connecting to the internet when you open a > file? Can I make it not do this? > > What about users that aren't connected? > ...

Ok stupid Q time....
I know this is probably a very simple thing to do but I cannot find how to change it.. In my form I have set up tab stops, they go all the way through... What I want to do is when the tab stops at a drop-down box the user can then use the up and down arrows to look through it, then press enter to select the one they have highlighted. At the moment when you use up or down it moves forward or back to the tab stops. I have been looking for the solution but have yet to find it although I know in the past I have set it up before on previous forms long gone. Thank You :-) -- Message posted via...

Money 2002 #11
How can I automatically post extra principal payments to a mortgage account? Edit the scheduled Loan Payment transaction to add an additional split line for extra Principal Transfer. "Sheila" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017f01c3a3d5$503ea470$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How can I automatically post extra principal payments to > a mortgage account? ...

Remove account from online update #2
I had two Citbank credit cards which I updated through Money(2007). I have cancelled one of the cards. How do I remove that account from the online update? TIA, Joe R In microsoft.public.money, bdog wrote: >I had two Citbank credit cards which I updated through Money(2007). I have >cancelled one of the cards. How do I remove that account from the online >update? If both the same login credentials, I would just mark the cancelled card as Closed in Money. ...

Money Backup File Security
I regularly take backup of my money file. I secure my money software with a password also. My question is regarding the security of the backup file. When I take a backup do I need to remember the password also? Let's say I took a backup a month ago and after that I changed my money password. And for reasons unknown I forgot the password which I had set when I took the backup. In the event of failure when I try to restore it from that backup will it ask me for a password? If yes, which one? If not - then is it not a security breach considering the fact that the backup CD might be sto...

OL2003
In Outlook 2003, I am unable to turn on the Reading Pane for the Drafts folder. Is this by design? Or is there something I am overlooking? Neither the Reading Pane button or menu selections are available when the Drafts folder is selected. Thanks, David By annoying design. I think Chilton preview will work, but it's bottom only. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Ou...

Shrinking a Money File
I just upgraded to Money 2006 and I archived all my records prior to 01/01/2004. Is there a way to now shrink my money file in size? It's still at 20 Megs, same as it was before the archive. I assume since a majority of the data has been archive that I can compress all the open space in the file? I tried repairing the file (Standard and quick) and that didn't shrink the file. Does anyone know of a way? Thanks.... This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C58BE6.00FFF300 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-En...

MS Money 2005
I goofed and set up several inventory products as non-inventory products...is there hope to convert same? Eric A. Nicolaus ...

Workaround for MSN Money synchronization bugs?
I'm trying to sync my accounts from Money 2003 to MSN Money. There are already some accounts on MSN Money from a previous installation I had, and I'd like to delete them so that the synchronization will work. There is no way to to this from what I can see, and from what I've read in numerous other posts over the years explaining the same problem. I thought I might be able to get Money to sync with the existing accounts. Apparently that is not an option, however, because it seems that there is a bug that makes the synchronization wizard believe that most of my Money accounts do n...

Money 2005 Bug: Create (not just add) account setup
Problem Description: List of banks or brokerages is *always* unavailable. Repro steps: 1) Create (not just add) new account using MS Money 2005 accepting all of the defaults. 2) Use or create a new passport to sign in. 3) Attempt to "Select a bank or brokerage" during the setup proccess and get the following error message: "The list is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." Expected: An actual list of banks or brokerages Problem Area: Setup Frequency of problem: Always Happens Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - 5.1.2600 Computer ma...

Slow saving time once VBA has been used
I have tried and found that once soem VBA code is added to a small xls files (e.g. 1 worksheet with nothing on it), the saving time of that file will become very small (e.g. about 5 seconds) The original time for saving that xls file is less than 1 seconds. Once all the VBA code have been removed, the saving time become very fast again. It is normal? Anyway to solve this problem? Thanks. --- Please remove NOSPAM- in the email address when replying by email. ...

Programming Microsoft Money
I can think of a million security reasons why this is a bad idea, but... Is it possible to customize MS Money or create an add-in similar to how we use VBA or create VB.NET add-ins for other Microsoft Office products. I thought of a killer add-in, but can't find any programming links or documentation for Money 2006. Thanks, Richard In microsoft.public.money, moWhite wrote: >I can think of a million security reasons why this is a bad idea, but... > >Is it possible to customize MS Money or create an add-in similar to how we >use VBA or create VB.NET add-ins for other Micr...

money 2003 stock screener
my stock screener settings have disappeared. when i try to download the deluxe stock screener (again) it takes me to 'screener promotion' to download the msn money investment toolbox. it then keeps telling me i need xp sp2 (i am using 98) or that i need ie sp1 (downloaded and installed long ago). it does say 'netscape choice' at the top of this page - i am assuming because i use mozilla, but not as my default browser. i find the features in microsoft money very useful, but it is things like this (microsoft forcing you to do things only with their products) that mak...

Time Onbehalf of Option Active only
Business Portal 3.0 HRM Self Services: Site Settings > HRM Self Service > Timecard Entry Setup Currently in the timecard entry setup screen the default display is for all employee cards in the employee master table. It would be nice if there was an option to display this window with only the active employee's. Reason for is because as company's have turn over the inactive employee name will continue to display in the window. This file could become large depending on the number of employee's. Sorting through the list would be much easier if only active employee da...

Money 2004 #66
I can no longer connect to my Bank through Money 2004. I have been using this for some months with no problems whatsover. The only alterations to the PC I have done is to remove the "Opera" browser. I have a permanent NTL broadband connection. Help would be appreciated. Which bank, US or UK money, any errors? Have you tried reinstalling IE to make sure all of its associations are correct> -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions...

Much older older Money
Looking at some of the posts and replies regarding older version of MS Money that MS will soon no longer support it my question relates to upgrading from Money 99. What are my chances of surviving an upgrade to a newer version of MS Money?. No interested in any internet connections or downloads, online payments, just keeping track of savings, checking and credit accounts. Have a very complete record of information other then some I archived, very sorry I did. What conversion headaches would I encounter or lose, can't afford that to happen. I might fit into the category of not being ...

Problem with Money finding files after hard drive crash
My hard drive was corrupted and crashed. I was able to preserve data files, including the Money account file and Money backup file. The hard drive was replaced, and I copied the Money data files back onto the hard drive, as well as the Money program. When I try to set up Money again, it cannot find or connect with the data files, despite my specifying the drive location of the files. Is there a way to get that to happen? I don't know if this is part of the problem, but the description of my data files calls them Money 2004 files. The recovery version of Money is Money 2005, wh...

Money 2005 for Pocket PC -- No Today Screen items
I recently upgraded to Money 2005 Deluxe and Money 2005 for Pocket PC. Besides not having any sound files installed on my desktop machine, I am not able to place any accounts on my Today screen (on my Pocket PC) like I used to before. I can select an account and click Edit Details and check the box for it to display on the Today screen, but it does not appear. When I look in the Settings for Today, there is no entry for Money. Any info? Thanks bryan - do yourself a huge favor and check out Cash Organizer (and it's syncing utility "moneysync"). it's an awesome, awe...

Problems Backing up MS Money
I am running Microsoft money 2004 on a 64 bit windows vista machine. When I go to back up my files at the end of a session, money thinks that my 8 gig flash drive is a floppy disc and tells me that the disc is full and to insert another one. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this. This is something new, it was working alright for months. Any ideas? M2004 only knew about hard disks and floppies for backup. There was a "feature" whereby it could only handle 2gb USB sticks. You need to reduce your available space on the USB to under 2gb, by copying any old files till t...

Ms Money hangs when generately monthly reports
I am using Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe Trial Version 17.0.120.727, and everytime I generate monthly reports under the Reports Tab I will encounter the following error and MS money will hang & close. Any idea what's wrong with ms money? Error message:- Runtime Error! Program: ... gram Files\Microsoft Money Plus\MNYCoreFiles\msmoney.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminte it in an unusual way Please contact the application's support team for more information ...

Show prices with detail on Account Statements?
I am customizing statement.xml. I really need to show prices next to each item in the detail. Is this possible? Even with the variable AccountStatement.Activities.FullDetails, I just get the description of the item. Because this store is a pharmacy, customers want to know that they bought a prescription for $20.00 and a bottle of aspirin for $5. The transaction total of $25 is not good enough. Anyone know a way to show prices for each item within a transaction on a statement? Cheers! Steve Steve, Without looking, I would say no. That's the purpose of a receipt / invoice. A stat...

Billable time sheet
I am creating a new time sheet for my work and i would like some help. =(B25-B24) in cell B26 this is time value 7.00 am – 8.15 am = 1hour 15 mins this works great on its own. =INT(B27)*18+(B27-INT(B27))*100/60*18 (18 being dollars value or 18 can be a cell) to calculate hourly rate this work great on its own. But when i change the above cell B26 to B27 then this Fomular does not work =INT(B27)*18+(B27-INT(B27))*100/60*18 How do I make this work and still come up with the sum of $22.50 and not $2.50 Thank's -- Loud pipes saves lives Hi, in B26 use =TEXT((B25-B24),"H.MM&qu...

Changing Free/Busy Publishing Time
I wanted to change our publishing time from two months to 12 months. In order to do this I implimented a group policy that changed this time. The group policy seems to be effective in changing that value, however when it comes to scheduling meetings, only two months are visible. The only way I have found to rectify this is to run Outlook with a /cleanfreebusy switch once. However, it doesn't seem practical to do this across a large number of users. Is there any way I can do this server side to acheive the same effect? Thanks! On 28 Jul 2006 09:40:46 -0700, JamesSKemp@gmail.com wrote: &...