RE: Setting up the Goal function in MOney 2004

Once I have setup my budget and money reconizes I have x
amount of extra money every month I try and use the goal
fuction by setting up furture large purchases and I keep
getting the error that savings goal unreachable even
though I have enough money to reach goal
0
anonymous (74722)
12/2/2003 12:29:34 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Switiching to Money from Quicken
Morning all, I've had it with Quicken (Canada). I've read many posts from this newsgroup and I'm encouraged that there is a cheaper alternative to the $99 upgrade just to download mutual fund quotes for one year. So basically I would like a few questions answered that were not answered on the Money website. 1. Maybe a bit to general, but are these two programs really that different in functioning. It seems that Money took the Quicken framework and built on it. 2. I want to download mutual fund/stock/currency quotes for as long as I run this software (well at least more than...

Money 2002 problems
Last week, I was editing an entry, and the program crashed. Since that time, I can not open the program. I have tried everyway I can think of, but nothing happens. My operating system is Windows 98. I could reload the progam, but if I do, will I lose my current data. If that is the case, I do have a relatively current backup. Thanks for you help. Dennis H What error do you see? Reinstalling shouldn't affect your data, but I would take a backup copy of your MNY file for safety anyway. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sci...

MS Money 2006 & IE7 error
Since installing IE7 b1, when I close Money 2006, it closes down but then does the dialog that an error occurred. And no matter if choose to send or not send, it reopens Money again. Luckily if you close from the logon screen, it doesn't do this cycle again. Hopefully the Money team knows about this issue. Known IE7 error. That's why you are beta testing - to find out what applications IE7 scr*ws. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.micros...

Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in Set Program Access and Defaults
I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the e- mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why? You must uninstall any prior version of Outlook and re-run setup using a = custom installation and make Outlook available. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching...

Money 2002 Died #2
Experiencing the same situation. Please inform us of the situation. Thanks! We have the same problem here. Money won't start up. We reinstalled and it ran initially, but now it has the same problem again. Has anyone contacted Microsoft?! >-----Original Message----- >Experiencing the same situation. Please inform us of the >situation. Thanks! >. > Same thing here. This is scary! >-----Original Message----- >We have the same problem here. Money won't start up. We >reinstalled and it ran initially, but now it has the same >problem again. Has a...

Problem after e-mail server re-start
Hi, I have the prblem for OWA users to access the Exchange server every times re-started the server, and Outlook users using IMAP connection also experience delays or hangs. The following is found in the event log Source: W3SVC Event ID: 101 The server was unable to add the virtual root '/Exchange' for the directory 'M:\speedsourcing.com\MBX' due to the following error: The system cannot find the path specified. The data is the error code. From the Internet Services Manager, paths for Exchange, ExchWeb & Exadmin are all unavailable. The first two can be manually r...

MS Money 2002 (UK)
I would like to report on my investment portfolio by sector and geographical asset classes. If I hold investments in a UK smaller companies fund, a Global resource fund and US gilt bonds, I want to report on these assets based on their geographical locus (eg UK vs US vs global) or the sector into which they are invested. Is this possible in MS Money 2002? Asset class seems to be limited to a few pre-selected options and is only available for shares not managed funds and other investment types. The report by investment type is not good enough - needs further analysis for even small...

Frequency function
I was wondering if anyone could be of assistance with the frequency function in excel. I am trying to reduce data so that i can find out the number of times a particular results occurs. Every time i use the frequency function it either repeats the previous cell or returns the culumative frequency, can anyone help please? Hi! Countif or Sumproduct are less complicated! You need to provide some details. Biff "Pritesh" <Pritesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E04CA99D-F8BE-4BEF-9384-EF72B8930993@microsoft.com... >I was wondering if anyone could be of ...

MS Money 2007 and rental property
I am considering MS Money Home and Business edition to track rental income from a couple of units I own. The problem I'm having is that no where in the literature does it talk about traking rental income and expenses to Schedule E, only Schedule C. Seems like a dumb thing, but will the software allow me to track Schedule E tax items? Obviously Quickbooks and even Quicken do, but I have reasons why I hate Intuit even more than Microsoft. In microsoft.public.money, Randolph wrote: >I am considering MS Money Home and Business edition to track rental income >from a couple of u...

re: CRM Package and Registration Key
We recently installed the CRM package, or rather my boss did. I think he jumped the gun as he put in our company name in as ''CBO'' and did not put in the Networks part. As such, the Registration Key is setup for CBO Networks, not just CBO. The Registration Key we've been supplied does not seem to work, or perhaps I am trying to plug it into the wrong place? I go to Deployment Manager then to License Manager. From there, I go to the License Manager node, select CBO and try to enter a new License number, but it won't take the number supplied by Microsoft. ...

referring cell in macro function
If a create a macro intended to be used as a function in a worksheet is there a property of the referring cell? I want to know what cell the formula is in. Dim callCell As String callCell = Application.Caller.Address Returns the cell address of the cell where the UDF is used. "zxcv" <zxcvnosend@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:aef3cafd-4c52-40a6-8348-ebf957b3abad@a21g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > If a create a macro intended to be used as a function in a worksheet > is there a property of the referring cell? > > I want to know what cell the form...

Can't open Money file directly.
I have Money 2005 I have many accounts at different banks. I can always open Money by using my password. I just added a new account & it tried to hook it up with Net.Passport. Now everytime i try to open my file it wants my Net.Passport. I deleted the new account,but it still opens with Net.Passport. I went into tools & selected to remove my accounts from Passport's server. Still can't open Money file directly. How can i get it back to just open my account from my PC ? In microsoft.public.money, desgnr wrote: >I have Money 2005 >I have many accounts at different bank...

It's twins!!! Two sets of personal folders!!
I had to re-install outlook and reloaded my .pst file. My inbox got all the mail back but my contacts didnt come back. I imported the pst file and now i have double!! It wont let me get rid of either. What do I do now?? TIA Terri ...

Setting up local system email
I have a workstation using Office 2003 on Windows XP. I'm using 3 profiles on my workstation. Each profile has its exclusive Outlook email setup. Is there anything I can do to set up Outlook to allow for local emailing from one profile to the other, or is this something that requires another program like Microsoft Exchange Server? If each profile has a totally different email address, I suppose you could just send yourself mail over the internet and it would hit the correct profile when you login to that one. I don't think you can do it "offline" so to speak - which...

Working with recovered Money files
Does anyone have advice or experience working with Money files recovered through a complete format restore recovery? I have recovered 68 .mny type files from a Harddrive that had a PC restore image overlayed on it. This was MS Money 2007 under Vista Ultimate. The recovered files are semi-genericly labeled with "Recovered_MS-Money_##" they just show today's new save date and range in size from 60KB to 23,300KB. When viewed in Wordpad the largest files have an opening line that says "MSISAM Database" before the gibberish code begins. I tried the Money standard r...

Money 2001 #7
Product is good but 3 factors lead to a certain Thumbs Down; one regarding currencies and another regarding availability I. New Currency Why is it that while adding currencies (for instance Indian Ruppees - INR) the country field is unavailable. This causes problems while creating investments in INR as the investments require the country to be entered. Surely, many people in US (and worldwide) would have investments in INR in addition to the base currency. How is it possible that MS does not support INR (and India)?!! Simple Solutions - Permit addition of country along with the curre...

Re: Money can't log in to BankOne anymore!
"Michael Gordon, MVP" <gordonm@denison.edu> wrote in message news:... > I've been using BankOne (both from within Money and directly at their > website) without problems and without changing username/passwords. Not > sure why your experience has been so different. > > -- > Michael Gordon > MVP > > > "Lawrence G. Mayka" <lgmayka000@ameritech.net> wrote in message > news:hoVFe.358$gQ5.355@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com... >> "Lawrence G. Mayka" <lgmayka000@ameritech.net> wrote in message >> news:Pt...

M04 Refund from Money Magazine
Back in Aug03 when I purchased M04 there was an offer from Money Magazine for a $10. refund if you did not want a free subscription to their magazine. I opted for the refund but I never received it. I wrote to the refund address and followed up with Money Mag regarding the offer and neither responded. I am curious to know whether anyone else applied for this refund and if they received it. It is strange that Microsoft would team up with Money Mag for this offer and not have it be honored. Oh Well, guess it is just another refund/rebate scam. ron I did and I did. But it is certainly just an...

Set values back to zero
I have saved the data I need for last year. Now I need to set values of multiple fields back to zero in order to enter 1st quarter data for new year. I was hoping to program a button on the form to return all values of the fields back to zero. I thought I found this answer before, on this site, but am not finding it now. I have tried several versions of a Macro, but either it sets the first few records to zero and stops, or it just goes to the end and gives the message "all values should be zero" without changing anything. Is a Macro the logical way to do this? What am ...

Allow more than 4 digits for password in online setup
How do I allow for a password that is more than 4 digits, when I'm doing online setup for my bank account in Money 2001? As it is now, I can only enter the first four digits of my password, and my bank requires 5-8 digits. Please help! In microsoft.public.money, bellavoce wrote: >How do I allow for a password that is more than 4 digits, >when I'm doing online setup for my bank account in Money >2001? > >As it is now, I can only enter the first four digits of my >password, and my bank requires 5-8 digits. Please help! I suggest you call customer service at ...

When do uncashed electronic payments get re-credited to my account
I sent an electronic payment via Money 2004 to a friend, but before she received it we worked out some other compensation. When she received the $700 check, she tore it up instead of cashing it. However, even before she received the check, $700 has already been taken out of my account! When do I get this money back? I've been using e-payments through Microsoft Money for about three years, and this is the first time I've had this situation. I hadn't been aware 'til now that these paper checks that get sent out apparently take my money out immediately and move it to ...

Office for Mac 2004
I have Office for Mac 2004 - Student / Teacher Edition and registered my name with a company that I no longer work for. I would like to know how to change my personal information for the whole Microsoft Office for Mac 2004 Suite so when I send files to clients, it will not show my prior employer. Can anyone please help me? Thanks Chris Try Word | Preferences | User Information, or the "Me" contact if you use Entourage. txcvega@houston.rr.com wrote: > I have Office for Mac 2004 - Student / Teacher Edition and registered > my name with a company that I no longer work for. I ...

Having trouble setting up offline folders with a LAN connection.
I've scoured the Office Help website, and I can't find out how to set up a connection with my Exchange Server at work from my LAN connection at home. It seems that all the help files/articles instruct on setting up a dial-up connection. Please help. Many ports need to be opened in the corporate firewall. It's better/easy/safer to setup Outlook Web Access to allow you access to your mail while at home. "Nitin" <Nitin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE303E76-7563-47E1-A967-3C9EC991472E@microsoft.com... > I've scoured the Office Help w...

How set default value for argument?
Is there a way to set default value function/method arguments? Something like: FindEmployees(string argName=="All") FindEmployees("Raj"); FindEmployees(); Thank you Regards Raj Hello, > Is there a way to set default value function/method arguments? This is new in C# 2010 (http://andrewtroelsen.blogspot.com/2009/01/c-2010-optional-parameters_28.html) > FindEmployees(string argName=="All") > > FindEmployees("Raj"); > FindEmployees(); Until now in C# it would be rather done by defining a FindEmployees method w...

worksheet set up
How do I determine the ticket price for an event? Do I set up the worksheet like a budget? Is there a formula that I would use? No formula AFAIK. This might give you a start: Event Costs Venue 10 Artists 10 Staff 10 Publicity 10 Stationery 10 Petrol 10 Entertainment 10 Misc 10 Total Costs 80 Profit Required 100 Required Revenue 180 Maximum Tickets 20 Minimum Tickets 10 Max Ticket Price 9 Min Ticket Price 18 B10 contains the formula =SUM(B2:B9) B12 contains the formula =B10+B11 B17 contains the formula =$B$12/B14 and copied down to B18. This is more akin to...