Re: Paying credit card from checking account?

How can I omit certain expense transactions from my reports?

Here's the problem- I pay my credit card account from my checkin
account. So, if I execute a payment of $2000 towards the credit car
account (which will debit my checking account), it shows as an expense
transaction from my checking account (as it should); when I run
report, it displays the $2000 expensed transaction (under the checkin
account) but also includes all of my credit card expenses (presumabl
totaling $2000) and therefore creates duplicates in my total spendin
report.

First, does my explanation make sense?
Second, is there a remedy

-
mand

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

First, not really. You say the "payment of $2000 towards the credit card
account (which will debit my checking account), it shows as an expensed
transaction from my checking account (as it should)". I don't think it
should show up as an Expense.

Second, I THINK what you may be missing is that the payment to the credit
card, if the credit card is also a Money account, should NOT be an Expense,
it should be a Transfer:[name of Money credit card acct].

"mandg" <mandg.16disl@mail.mcse.ms> wrote in message

> How can I omit certain expense transactions from my reports?
>
> Here's the problem- I pay my credit card account from my checking
> account. So, if I execute a payment of $2000 towards the credit card
> account (which will debit my checking account), it shows as an expensed
> transaction from my checking account (as it should); when I run a
> report, it displays the $2000 expensed transaction (under the checking
> account) but also includes all of my credit card expenses (presumably
> totaling $2000) and therefore creates duplicates in my total spending
> report.
>
> First, does my explanation make sense?
> Second, is there a remedy?

Wow- I can't belive that I missed that- I guess it made too much sens
but it never occured to me to categorize these items under transfers..
I guess I didn't need to mention that I'm pretty new here...

Thanks for setting me (and my accounts) straight!

Dick Watson wrote:
> [B]First, not really. You say the "payment of $2000 towards th
> credit card
> account (which will debit my checking account), it shows as a
> expensed
> transaction from my checking account (as it should)". I don't thin
> it
> should show up as an Expense.
>
> Second, I THINK what you may be missing is that the payment to th
> credit
> card, if the credit card is also a Money account, should NOT be a
> Expense,
> it should be a Transfer:[name of Money credit card acct]

-
mand

Glad I could help. Thanks for the feedback.

"mandg" <mandg.16g2gl@mail.mcse.ms> wrote in message

> Wow- I can't belive that I missed that- I guess it made too much sense
> but it never occured to me to categorize these items under transfers...
> I guess I didn't need to mention that I'm pretty new here...
>
> Thanks for setting me (and my accounts) straight!

Double accounting underline
I am trying to double underline a range of cells so that the underline fills the width of the cell. I followed Excel Help instructions as follows: -You can apply a different style of underline, such as a double underline or a single or double accounting underline (an underline that fills the width of a cell). On the Format menu, click Cells. On the Font tab, select the style that you want in the Underline box.- However, when I followed the above instructions, it did not fill the "width" of the cell. What am I doing wrong? -- Jessee ------------------------------------------...

shared pop3 account with different outlook clients.
Hi! We are using different versions of Outlook. The versions used are Outlook Express 5.5, 6.0sp1 and Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP. The problem is a shared pop3 account, which all the clients receive (and leave a copy to). Some clients receive the mail properly, but some clients receive corrupt messages, i.e. messages with no subject and sender fields and a blank message body. Now, i found a corresponding KB article, but we dont have any IE 6.0:s installed. Is there any other software which might have that mlang.dll problem, or should i upgrade all browsers to 6.0SP1? Thanks in adv...

transfer one stock to another broker account
How do I transfer only one stock from one broker's account to another broker's account ?? All I can find is directions to transfer ALL the stocks in one account to another account. Have Money 2003 Deluxe, Version 11.0 Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Karl S wrote: >How do I transfer only one stock from one broker's account >to another broker's account ?? All I can find is >directions to transfer ALL the stocks in one account to >another account. Have Money 2003 Deluxe, Version 11.0 Enter a TransferOut transaction for the stock in the investment acc...

Synchronization of email accounts...how do you stop the download?
How do you stop the auto-downloading of inbox messages from the default (earthlink) accounts. This happens every time I open Windows Mail. Tools, Options, and on the General tab uncheck "Send and Receive messages at startup". Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------ "leebc" wrote in message news:AA6E4253-10B1-4A7C-88BE-8E5AB210C19D@microsoft.com... How do you stop the auto-downloading of inbox messages from the default (earthlink) accounts. This happens every time I open Windows Mail. ...

Unattended setup of email accounts (no Exchange Server)
Hi. I don't know whether this is possible or not, but I would like to set up an unattended setup of email accounts (no Exchange Server) on a remote computer. Right now, I have to wait until both the remote users and I are available, log on the remote computer using GoToMyPC, and set up the email accounts. If there was a way to set this up so that Outlook email accounts would be configured automatically the first time the user logs on (or the first time they use Outlook), that would simplify things a bit. If anyone knows how (or if) this can be done and has an example of how to do...

General question re Error Handling
hello experts This is just a general question for my own education. I've dabbled in a fair amount of Access VBA in the past, but have just started learning about Excel VBA. In Access, we would use Error Handling in almost every sub, but In Excel, error Handling seems to be the exception rather than the rule. I can't even find much about it in the Excel VBA help, and there are relatively few references to it in this forum. What gives? Just Curious Terry W. Terry, I use it all the time. My favorite approach is: Public Const bDebug as boolean = true or false (de...

The server application, source file, or item can't be found, or re
I have two ole frames embedded in two slides of ppt (Professional Office 2003 sp3) I double click (or edit) one ole in one slide and move to the next slide. When I come back to the previous slide and double click again. I get this message "The server application, source file, or item can't be found, or returned an unknown error. You may need to reinstall the server application". I have seen cases from online where users were not able to see the embedded excel, however in my case I can see the embedded excel many times only if i stay in the same slide. Any hel...

Logos , business cards, flyers , media kits, web optimization, website design
BIG MARKETING FOR SMALL BUSINESS High impact, affordable marketing for your business is finally within reach. Welcome to Ritty in the City. We're a full service print design, internet developer and marketing studio that caters to small and medium sized businesses. But we do it with a twist. http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Ritty.in.the.City.954-749-4308/coupons At Ritty in the City, we believe marketing is not about how big your budget is, it's about wanting to grow your business without betting the farm. That's why we do not charge retainers, lock you into long contracts, ...

Sent Items with 2 accounts
In my Outlook 2003, I have configured my office email id as well as my group email account. Whenever i sent a mail out from my group account that mail getting stored in my sent items folder. I want those mail to get stored in my group sent folder. Configure a rule to move mail to the appropriate folder on sending "mrbalaje" <mrbalaje@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:177E7C94-A5B4-4DB8-9592-0CAF5D64CD26@microsoft.com... > In my Outlook 2003, I have configured my office email id as well as my > group > email account. Whenever i sent a mai...

using check boxes in excel
how do i simplfy size and centering of check boxes on multiple columns? Hi Tommy, Something like this may get you going. Used macro recorder and then tweaked the code. Sub BoxesAway() Dim i As Integer Dim j As Integer Dim k As Integer j = 1.5 k = 1 For i = 1 To 5 ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes.Add(j, 10.25, 24, 17.25).Select Selection.ShapeRange.ScaleWidth 1.91, msoFalse, msoScaleFromTopLeft Selection.Characters.Text = "Howard" & k j = j + 48 k = k + 1 Next Range("A1").Select End Sub HTH Regards, Howard "Tommy" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

RE: Converting from existing Mailt to Outlook
My internet connection is through Cox Cable and is continual access; I am a Yahoo Plus subscriber and receive virtually all of my email thru yahoo, and my permenant address is a yahoo address. I own MSOffice Enterprise 2007 which, of course includes Outlook 2007; I want to set Outlook up as my communications program for home, office, and mobile (I have 6.1 on my mobile.). Program Outlook 2007 to be my email server; keep my current yahoo email address as primary; connect outlook 2007 through my esisting cable connection; and import my existing contacts files into outlook for usage a...

how to use ado to check a field is nullallowable(SQL Server)?
I use ado to operate a database in SQLServer 2k.On the occasion that addnew NULL value to a field not nullallowable, an exception will be thrown.So I need to check whether the field is nullallowable or not before addnew. my question is how to check a field is nullallowable. thanks! best regards, kywoo Get the Field object, check its attribute by (Field::GetAttributes or maybe Field::get_Attributes) the attribute "adFldIsNullable" is what you want. "kywoo" <kywoo@tongji.edu.cn> wrote in message news:%23bcHqYvhDHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I use ado to opera...

Credit card finance charge
I don't know what I could categories for my credit card finance charges In microsoft.public.money, Henry wrote: >I don't know what I could categories for my credit card finance charges You can make your own category. You could call it "CC Interest". I call it "Bank Charges: Interest Paid." That's already there. Susan "Henry" <Henry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55114A0D-9189-43D7-847D-2F73ECFC045B@microsoft.com... >I don't know what I could categories for my credit card finance charges ...

Changing Exch 5.5 Svc accounts
Hi, I'm trying to change the exchange 5.5 service accounts to a new account in a new domain (from oldNTDomain\oldNTAccount to newADDomain\newADAccount). However, both the Microsoft Exchange Directory service and the Microsoft Exchange Message Transfer Agent service will not start when the log on credentials are changed over to the new account. All other services will start up fine. Permissions have been granted to the new account on the org, site, containers, shares and local security policy on the Exchange server. Does anyone have any suggestions or possible next steps to resolve...

Why do series names on charts disappear when re-opening excel?
I have set up some bar charts in excel to display the series names and values of each series. However, when I close the application and re-open it, the series names are gone. I have checked the chart options, and the series name box is still checked. How do I fix this? Thanks ...

construct A4 landscape to make 4 sided menu cards
I want to create an A4 landscape menu with a front , back and centre. It should be an A4 word document which turns into A5 when folded in half to create a 4 sided menue? Once this is evident I need to be able to construct text each side individually? Please reply to:- steve@lacey25.orangehome.co.uk If you have Word 2000, you can use the "2 pages per sheet" setting in Page Setup. If you have Word 2002 or above, use "Book fold" in the same place ("Multiple pages" setting on the Margins tab of Page Setup). Or see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/B...

corrupt account in outlook 2003
I suddenly got error 0x800CCC92 in my Outlook 2003.It kept asking for username and password. I got around this by creating a new identity and all work's again,but with wrong identity. How do I get my old identity and mail back,Is there an easy way because many programs are installed with old identity. OS=xp sp2 OL doesnt have/use Identities, explain what you did "HB" <hwb317@telia.com> wrote in message news:OcacMAYLHHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I suddenly got error 0x800CCC92 in my Outlook 2003.It kept asking for > username and password. > I got around t...

sanity check pleeeease!
I have a training database. To keep things simple, I have three tables as thus: tble_supervisor SupervisorID (PK) Name tble_spvrnoteslink SupervisorID (FK) NotesID (FK) tble_notes NotesID (PK) SupervisorID Date Time Message DelNote (checkbox) Description thus: The purpose is to allow trainers / supervisors to send each other notes. From the main menu, I have a button for opening the supervisor form. It is a list in continuous form and each record has four buttons. One button allows a supervisor to send a message to other supervisors. The second button allows supervisor to view all m...

I need Create a National Account and Child Account
Hi. I need Create a National Account and Child Account, too. I am Using a Econnet Schemas, i can create a ParentId, but can't create a childparenteId, i don't konw that schema will use to create this childparent, i read the SDK but i don´t understand how to apply this schema in VB.NET. How i can to create this ChildParentid in VB.NET?? I need only one example to Understand how to create this!!!!! I need create this account from CRM and i'm using a webservices whit VB to create this account!! thanks!!!!!! ...

MSN Bill Pay with money 2001
Can someone point me to a set of instructions for setting up Bill Payment from Money 2001. I already have Metavant setup but they are canceling their service at the end of this month. I setup the online portion but when I try to setup the Money 2001 portion I only gives me an option of Checkfree, Metavant, and Bank of Manchester. How can I get MSN Bill pay to showup? Thanks Wade It works fine with Money 2003. I don't know if it will work with Money 2001. Jeff "Wade" <wade.markham@framatome-anp.com> wrote in message news:013f01c34b01$105b5f60$a501280a@phx.gbl......

Project Accounting #4
Hi when I enter Transaction-billing-Billing Entry I am getting an error project Number already exists in billing work file. Regards Srinivasan ...

Re-mortgage
I have been using a loan account to track my mortgage payments. Recently I have re-mortgaged with another provider for a higher amount and I've set another loan account up. I want to be transfer the money into the old account to close it off and transfer the balance into the current account. Money doesn't seem to want to transfer money between loans. So how do I show that the loan is closed and principle paid off? I tried creating a catagory but then money reports a massive outgoing aganist it distorting all the reporting. Very sadly, Money makes it difficult to just transfer M...

Check these internet pack from Microsoft Corporation
--erowouqok Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="tjatkkfljaxofz"; type="multipart/alternative" --tjatkkfljaxofz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="knbfvepdjx" --knbfvepdjx Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these v...

Unable to delete Accounts in CRM V1.2
some of the Accounts that we are used to work on are deactivated and now i need to delete them, but when i try deleting them it says they are in a read only state even though i reactivated them.... -- CE-I / E-Business Consultant M. Badie When an account is deleted, all related opportunities, quotes and orders are deleted too. If there are win/lost quotes or cancelled orders related to an account, since these cannot be deleted, account cannot be deleted also. It would be so nice if the administrator could delete those. Bilge Gul "Mohamed Badie" wrote: > some of the Acco...

Multiple Email Accounts #2
How do you manage multiple email accounts with Outlook? Very easily - what version? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Sister" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:030101c3b46d$716e12e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... | How do you manage multiple email accounts with Outlook? ...