Re-enter payee information

I have been using MS Money to pay bills and frequent
annoyance is when I type in the payee, the selection list
never shows the payees.  I type it in and have to re-
enter the account number and everything. Doesn't make
sense that i have to keep putting this in.  Anyone know
what I am doing wrong? I've checked these boards and
found help with my passport problem but no entries on
this issue.
0
anonymous (74722)
2/8/2004 7:45:11 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Money has two kinds of Payees. Explicit--those on the explicit list that
shows in Accounts & Bills|Categories & Payees|Payees--and implicit--those
that are recorded somewhere in a transaction but are not listed in the
explicit list.

The setting Tools|Options|Editing|Confirm new payees controls whether Money
asks or just adds all new Payees--ones one neither list--to the explicit
list.

Once a payee is on the implicit list, you have to go add it to the explicit
list if that's what you want. Do this by going to Accounts &
Bills|Categories & Payees|Payees|New and type out the exact name you've
previously used on the implicit list.

"Judik" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have been using MS Money to pay bills and frequent
> annoyance is when I type in the payee, the selection list
> never shows the payees.  I type it in and have to re-
> enter the account number and everything. Doesn't make
> sense that i have to keep putting this in.  Anyone know
> what I am doing wrong? I've checked these boards and
> found help with my passport problem but no entries on
> this issue.

Synchronize Office Information with Pocket PC (Windows Mobile 2003
I've downloaded Office 2007 (Beta2) and Activesync 4.1. Why can't I do the following: 1. Sync or select Contacts, Calendar, Notes in Activesync 4.1 2. Access the Internet from my PPC when partnership was successful. 3. Import/Export mail accounts from Office Outlook(message:"not implemented". ...

Outlook Error Message re: MAPI unable to open
HELP!! I keep getting the following error message: Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Can you fix this??? Cary <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > HELP!! I keep getting the following error message: > > Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The .DLL > file for the information service could not be found. > MAPI was unable to load the information service > ...

CPropertySheet (Enter)
I have a CPropertySheet object where I want it to test and close with the OK button not the enter key. How can I do this? -- Just Al In article <270154AB-EFC1-4AD9-A5AC-311D7A04B467@microsoft.com>, Al@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I have a CPropertySheet object where I want it to test and close with the OK > button not the enter key. How can I do this? Make the OK button NOT a default button. -- Later, Jerry. The universe is a figment of its own imagination. ...

Column and line information in Word
I have my cursor in a Word document and want to see which column it's in and which line it's on. How do I view those details? In 2007, right-click over the Status Bar at the bottom of the Word window, and choose the options you wish to see, including Line Number and Column. Hope this helps DeanH "HS" wrote: > I have my cursor in a Word document and want to see which column it's in and > which line it's on. How do I view those details? ...

How do I rearrange (switch) the information in my columns to rows
Copy the data out of Publisher and into Excel. You can swap it out there with the Paste Special (transpose) command. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "larrey" <larrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35EA8C76-ACA3-44A8-9876-78AE787885B6@microsoft.com... > The dirty way in Publisher, high-light the table, format menu, table, cell properties tab, check *rotate text within AutoShape by 90 degrees* Rotate the entire table 90 degrees. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.m...

Information store terminated...
Help! Upon reboot of our Exchange 5.5 server, we are getting the error: Exchange Store Terminated with server specific error 4294966781. Any advise or thoughts greatly welcome. Gary any further information in the event log? are you low on disk space? "Gary Hornbeck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57d301c3e506$a7481770$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Help! > Upon reboot of our Exchange 5.5 server, we are getting the > error: Exchange Store Terminated with server specific > error 4294966781. > > Any advise or thoughts greatly welcome. ...

Entering within cells in Excel on a Mac
Does anyone know when using a Mac, how to enter to the next line within an excel cell without going it going to the next cell? I know for a PC it is Alt and enter. Nicko Wrote: > Does anyone know when using a Mac, how to enter to the next line withi > an > excel cell without going it going to the next cell? I know for a PC i > is Alt > and enter. COMMAND+OPTION+RETURN Hope this helps -- Domeni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Domenic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1078 View this thread: ...

New record on a new day (re-post)
I seem to be having problems with this post, so I am going to try again. I need help in coding a form so that the following can happen: The scenario is that a user will open the form for the first time on Sept 21st, for example, and the form will be blank. Any subsequent times the user opens the form on Sept 21st it will default to the same record in the table for that day so that more information can be added to that record. On September 22nd, the form will be blank once again. I was given the following code to try: Private Sub Form_Load() On Error GoTo Error_Handler Dim db As DAO.Dat...

How to enter informational help text?
I have a number of column headers that I would like to define for users. Is there a way to enter text in the background so that when someone hovers over the column with the mouse, then will get the definition of that field? These are customized column fields. For example- One column is Method of Delivery. I want to enter a definition when one hovers over "method of delivery" to state, " Way in which the data is received. ie.e internet, feed, etc. On Feb 18, 12:03=A0pm, amcb <a...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...=A0Is there a way to enter text in t...

Re: Windows Mail / Gmail Folder synchronisation error
In Gmail, create a label "Google Mail" (no quotes), or rename the existing "Gmail" label (if there is one) to "Google Mail", so that you have two exactly the same corresponding folder names, one in Gmail and the other one in Windows Mail. You might also try to do it the other way round, and rename the relevant folder in Windows Mail so it has the same name as its counterpart in Gmail. -- wojciech05 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wojciech05's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/208892.htm View ...

Allow users to modify their information
Is there a way to allow users to modify, update their AD information. Server 2008 SP1, Exchange 2007 Hello polilop, Some settings they can already change, for the rest you have to set permissions for the attributes on OU level where the accounts are located with advanced security options or with delegate control wizard. When using delegate control wizard on OU level you maybe have to enable frist the settings in the dssec.dat on the DC from 7 to 0, so the attribute will be visible in the wizard. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS&q...

Server re-boots every day at 10:00am
My Exchange Server is re-booting at 10:00am almost every day. I have checked everything scheduler removed IBM director. Does any one have an ideas how to trouble shoot this. Thanks for your help! What do the event logs indicate is happening at that time? Have you considered opening a case with Microsoft PSS? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Maida" <Maida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAC7F528-612E-4E3C-8AEC-0C939CF90E8B@microsoft.com... > My Exchange Server is re-booting at 10:00am almost every day. I have > checked > everything sch...

Who's Entering This Data (?)
I'd like to add a field to certain tables that would quietly record who is entering the data. This is in an Access 2000/2002 db with the built-in security set up. What code can I use to see who's logged on? -- Thanks, tbl If you've applied Access User-Level Security, the CurrentUser() function will return their login name. The code in http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm at "The Access Web" will return their network name. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "tbl" <hateThatSpam@invalid.net> wrot...

Re: Outlook not opening...<Solved> Long post
For those that are interested I have solved the problem I had as per my previous mail. > I'm having problems with Outlook 2k AND Outlook 97, neither of which > will open on my Windows XP system. I have run Outlook 2k for some > time now with no problem until a session of installing some Hotfixes. > The next day it wouldn't open. I tried '97 on the offchance that > would work but got the same problem. I have a 2 PC network and I link > to the .PST file on the other PC (outlook is fine on there). > I have tried the suggestions to the other people on this list bu...

RE: Look at that important patch
--glsrfftgdpbzd Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="miwvatyss"; type="multipart/alternative" --miwvatyss Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ywnjvicin" --ywnjvicin Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect you...

FSA Information
Its tax time and a good time to review your plan for the upcoming year. Flexible Spending Accounts are something you should take advantage of if your benefits program offers it. A good page with Information is: http://kidzense.blogspot.com/2008/04/flexible-spending-and-child-tax-credit.html ...

How do you get rid of "The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information..."?
Sometimes the message "The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in another workbook. Do you want to update this workbook with changes made to the other workbook?" pops up. When you don't need to update, you can just click No and move on, but how do you cancel the links for one and all so that this message does not pop up the next time you open the workbook? Kim, http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip This is an add-in called Find Links. It can be used to find and remove external links in workbooks. Once the external links are rem...

Data input OK but form not dispalying information back
Hi I have created various forms and tables successfully but suddenly I have one form which is not behaving as i would expect. When I enter data into this form, it appears to have been saved in the table, however, when I exit the form and then go back in to check the data, it is no longer displayed. I am new to access and have been teaching myself as I go along. Obviously I am missing someting here. Can you help me please? Many Thanks-- Tash It is possible you may have changed the data entry properties for the form. I think that would be unlikely for a beginner. Check the properties ...

Entering # to pick particular selection
I'm tracking the reasons given as to why overtime is being worked. In the sheet I'm sending to the managers to fill out weekly, I'm providing a list at the top of common reasons, i.e. vacation coverage, short staffed, drawing labs, etc. The choices will be labeled 1 through ? ....and will be listed in cells C1 Through C? I'd like for them to be able to enter a number in a cell, and have the explanation associated with that # to appear either in that cell (preferable) or in the cell next to it. For example, they type "2" in F12 and "vacation" appears...

Re: Magic Indian Oil for MEN! Free Trial
Real Magic Indian Oil from traditional Indian herbs. FREE TRIAL FOR 500 customers (5ml bottle), Ring +91 9810577227 ...

Bypass information
Hi, 'This workbook contains one or more links that cannot be updated.' Button1: Continue Button2: Edit Links... The above msgbox prevents code from fully executing, what is the code required to accept Button1: Continue and allow the code to continue its execution. Thank you for any help given. Application.DisplayAlerts = False This will ignore the alert message, and continue on its merry way. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "gotroots" wrote: > Hi, > > 'This workbook...

How do I enter lists into names?
Hello everybody Currently I am using a named range as a list for the data validation function. To make my sheet more idiot-proof, I'd like to enter the items from the named range directly into the name definition (via Insert-Name-Define or VBA). Is this possible? What syntax do I need to use? Greetings from Switzerland Urs 1st - Insert a tab and label it "Departments", that you can hid later put the data that you want in a column, like this: A1= Creative A2= Marketing A3= HR Just keep going down Columns "A" until you hav...

Enter 1 but appears as 0.01
I'm having a problem entering data (numbers) into cells. If I type in number, say 1, it appears as 0.01. 100 appears as 1, 1000 as 10...an so on. I've tried going to format then cells, then on the number ta and clicking on general but that doesn't work. Perhaps there's a simple solution but I can't seem to find it. Pleas help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try tools|options|Edit uncheck the Fixed Decimal checkbox. "Jane <" wrote: > > I'm having a problem entering data (numbers) into cells. If I type in a > number, say 1, i...

How do I send emails in Publisher so they're viewed centered?
When I send newsletters etc from Publisher, they always appear 'left aligned' when viewed by recipient. How do I send so the newsletter appears centered in recipients web/email browser? Understanding background padding in a Publisher web (aka white space) http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80563.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Fezza" <Fezza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7714AAF-045B-4322-92F4-7EFA6B2231C6@microsoft.com... > When I send newsletter...

on last enter start new blank form
is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of information? Thanks in advance for the help! If you set the form's property to add new records, and add a <Save> command button, you should get "a new blank form". If you're asking how to have it happen without the <Save> button, how will Access "know" when you're finished entering data? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a produ...