Re-enter payee information

I have been using MS Money to pay bills and frequent
annoyance is when I type in the payee, the selection list
never shows the payees.  I type it in and have to re-
enter the account number and everything. Doesn't make
sense that i have to keep putting this in.  Anyone know
what I am doing wrong? I've checked these boards and
found help with my passport problem but no entries on
this issue.
0
anonymous (74722)
2/8/2004 7:45:11 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Money has two kinds of Payees. Explicit--those on the explicit list that
shows in Accounts & Bills|Categories & Payees|Payees--and implicit--those
that are recorded somewhere in a transaction but are not listed in the
explicit list.

The setting Tools|Options|Editing|Confirm new payees controls whether Money
asks or just adds all new Payees--ones one neither list--to the explicit
list.

Once a payee is on the implicit list, you have to go add it to the explicit
list if that's what you want. Do this by going to Accounts &
Bills|Categories & Payees|Payees|New and type out the exact name you've
previously used on the implicit list.

"Judik" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have been using MS Money to pay bills and frequent
> annoyance is when I type in the payee, the selection list
> never shows the payees.  I type it in and have to re-
> enter the account number and everything. Doesn't make
> sense that i have to keep putting this in.  Anyone know
> what I am doing wrong? I've checked these boards and
> found help with my passport problem but no entries on
> this issue.

Re: Keeping a SUM filed clear Until All Numbers Entered
Thanks for the helpful replies. Carl -- If you can read this, thank a teacher.... If you are reading it in English, thank a Veteran..... ...

Move Information Store
How do you move the information store on an Exchange 03 server? On the 5.5 server you could run the "optimizer" and relocate the information store. Is there a way to do this with o3? tia This should help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF001.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "smw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:612501c42e27$172305f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do you move the information store on an Exchange 03 > server? On the 5.5 server you could run the "op...

Re: Converting Access Database From 2003 to Access 97
jixiaoli <jiaxialoli@eyou.com> wrote in message news:... > > Tim <xtimx_wildingx@yah.com> wrote in message > news:27e001c3fc97$6b59bbd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am developing applications in VB and Access. I distribute an Access 97 > database as part of the system. I have recently upgraded from using Access > XP to Access 2003 to manage the distributed database. Since I still wish to > distribute the database in Access 97 format to clients, I convert the file > from Access 2003 to Access 97 format before distribution. The distribution > database contains ...

Re: Calculate Problem
1) ON MY EXCEL WORKSHEET AT THE BOTTOM, AFTER �READY�,I KEEP GETTIN �CALCULATE�. AS A RESULT, MY FORMULAS TAKE SO LONG TO PERFORM AND ALS UNABLE TO GO TO ANOTHER CELL EXCEPT I PRESS THE EXC KEY. HOW DO I TUR IT AND MINIMIZE THE TIME IT TAKES FOR MY FORMULAS TO PERFORM TH TASK. 2) THE RESPOND YOU GAVE ME ON HOW TO PASTE UNTO MULTIPLE SHEETS ON TH SAME WORKBOOK AT THE SAME TIME VIA HOLDING THE SHIFT KEY THE SELLECTING THE SHEETS AND THEN PASTE DOES NOT WORK . ANY OTHER METHO PLEASE. THANK YOU -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com #1. I figure excel takes as long as it needs...

Re: Conversion from 123 to Excel
I just want to give a public thanks to all the people that give advice on here that is given to me and others on these boards. Because without this help I wouldn’t have been able to convert the last company’s report from 123 to Excel. You folks on here are awesome. Thanks again Steve ...

How long should it take an Information Store to start with no edb.chk
We've been having problems with our 5.5 server (20 hours in now) Having performed a restore of an offline backup we started the Information Store with no edb.chk. I believe this will go through all the edb.log files and replay what it needs to. I have 26 log files (so 130Mb) and the priv.edb is around 31Gb in size. The information store has been starting up now for over 5 hours. There seems to be activity the service control "clock" is spinning. No errors in the Event logs whilst this happens. I read in article KB 200941 How the Restore in Progress Registry Key works that if...

How can i track re-assigned contacts
I need help to keep track of re-assigned contacts in the CRM.Any help is greatly appreciated -- IT Manager By default when you assign a contact to some one else you automatically are assigned rights to the specific contact. You should still have access to those contacts. But what exactly do you mean with tracking a contact. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/technical.aspx Web: http://www.aviva-it.nl "Melvin F" wrote: > I need help to keep track of re-assigned contacts in the CRM.Any help is > greatly appr...

Using A Macro/VBA code to re-set formulas
Hi can any one help me with a Macro/VBA code to re-set formulas in pre-defined set of cells i.e. in my case C14:C40 At present I have a copy of the Formulas in another part of th worksheet and when I want to reset the worksheet (as the user can ove right the formulas as the formula is based on either the sum of anothe two cells or the users input) I use a Macro to copy and paste (special the formulas. What I require is a Macro/VBA Code which already has the formula store in the actual Macro/VBA code i.e. so they are not stored as copy in m worksheet Ay help would be greatly appreciated T...

How can I stop repeatint information from appearing in my report
I am tracking Clearances for Foster Parents & their families. My queries work great (thanks, by the way to those that helped!!). I am now trying to create a report. Everything works great EXCEPT for the fact that I have repeating data appearing. I have the Foster Parent (FP) info and the Spousal information in the Header section of my report. In the DETAIL section I have the REsidents int he home (there can be many residents to one Foster Parent). Here is the problem. Becaue the REsident info is relating to BOTH the Spouse and FP info it is repeating TWICE. But if I put the Spousa...

RE: Error when initializing Dynamics DB in 6.0
Hello: A colleague of mine is having some issues with installing and upgrading from 6.0 to 9.0. Obivously, 6.0 is no longer supported so I thought that I would post her e-mail here. Below is her e-mail. Any help would be appreciated: I’m doing a 6.0 to 9.0 upgrade, and moving servers. I have loaded 6.0 on the new machine, and am trying to create the DYNAMICS db. I get the message below when I try to create it: It seems to point to the tempdb not being big enough. I have increased the db & log size to > 200MB (docs say Dynamics needs 50). GP is of no help, b/c they do not ...

Re-assign the records from one user to another
Hello, I know that it should be option to re-assign the records on the 'User Definition' screen (under Actions), but when I go into this screen with the SysAdmin role, I don't have this option. Any ideas? Regards, Inna. ...

Business Portal 2.5 installation error "Unable to validate company information in your backoffice data."
hi, i got this message Unable to validate company information in your backoffice data upon installing Business Postal 2.5 Please help.. tnx Stephen, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The error you got generally means there is a data issue with either the DYNAMICS..SY01500 or DYNAMICS..DB_Upgrade tables. Verify that all companies listed in those tables are still valid in your environment. Thanks, Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Stephen Lee Glo...

Re: server and client threads #2
On 2/3/2005 1:48 PM, RSN_@_COMCAST.NET wrote to ALL: -> When you spawn the child thread you ordinarily pass it a parameter. -> What I do is make that parameter a pointer to the instance of the -> server class that spawned the child. That way, the child can easily -> notify its parent about any special events that may be useful. -> Termination is one such case! I also find it very useful to send a -> stream of diagnostic and debugging information to the parent who can -> display it, log it, or ignore it depending on circumstances. Good point. Now since my server thread...

Re: Account Won't Show Up on Home Page as a Favorite
For some reason this message appears to have been deleted from the server. I'm reposting it. Kevin "Kevin Campbell" <kcampbel@nospam.midmaine.com> wrote in message news:... > I have a Home Equity Line of Credit account that, for some reason, will not > show up on my list of favorite accounts on the Home page in Money 2003. In > the account details I have the Add to Favorites checkbox checked and under > the Favorite Accounts menu item it does show up. Also, when I am in the > account register view and I click on the account name to drop the list of > ac...

Picture missing and unable to re-insert?
Hi. I've been putting together a powerpoint 2003 slideshow purely with images for use in a theatre production (projections). All was fine and I had been fine tuning the presentation however this morning I found that the presentation had dropped an image from the slideshow. Powerpoint will not let me insert this image again and if I try it on a new slide or even a new presentation the image will not insert. I can view the JPEG image on many microsoft programs and I had been viewing it with no problems before this morning. Very frustrating. Any help would be great. Thanks. Kier...

With start-up my printer automatically re-prints all work. Why?
I have a new OKI B63000 printer and every morning with Windows Start-Up, my printer automatically re-prints all my day's work, needlessly wasting a lot of paper and toner. I imagine there is a command somewhere for this. How can I stop it? Might look in scheduled tasks. How To Schedule Tasks in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308569/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Andry C" <Andry C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D092C731-CE6D-403A-B7B3-6C3C57C2F92D@microsoft....

Internal server information broadcasted over Internet via SMTP
When I Telnet to my Exchange 2003 SP1 server from the Internet, it responds with the below information. Does anyone know how to prevent it from broadcasting it's internal information? Thanks! 220 servername.domain.net Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790. Here you go: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=836564 -- Teo Heras "Dragon" wrote: > When I Telnet to my Exchange 2003 SP1 server from the Internet, it > responds with the below information. Does anyone know how to prevent > it from broadcasting it's internal information? > Thanks! > >...

turn off use of System Volume Information
How do I disable the use of the "System Volume Information" directories to store MBs of deleted data? Especially on several drives where I manipulate large data files, I end up having to manually delete all the files and subdirectories every few days. I do NOT want any Restore Point capability; I want to have files deleted when I choose to do so. See http://bertk.mvps.org/html/diskspace.html & http://bertk.mvps.org/html/healthy.html#Adjust Frank wrote: > How do I disable the use of the "System Volume Information" > directories to store MBs of del...

Entering 16 digit numbers in cell
When I type in the 16 digits, Excel changes the last digit to 0 so I don't have a correct number listed. How can I get it to accept all 16 digits correctly? Thanks Excel, like nearly all software, supports only 15 digits of precision. Anything beyond that is no man's land. If you need to store a longer number but not perform calculations with it (e.g., a credit card number or phone number), precede the number with an apostrophe. The apostrophe will not be visible in the cell but will be visible in the formula bar. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Sof...

size of private information store
the private information store is reporting that it is at 16GB. I have done several offline defrags with eseutil /d. The physical size of the .edb and ..stm file remain the same. I have reduced the size of the various mailboxes by ov 5 GB. Any ideas why the size of the .edb file is not reducing accordingly. check your "deleted items retention" window... "Joe McHale" <Joe McHale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07594495-4387-492D-ACDB-B9BD9EB39D6D@microsoft.com... > the private information store is reporting that it is at 16GB. I have done ...

Re: Mean of standard deviations across columns?
I'm looking for an (array) formula that will take the mean of standard deviations across several columns given the value of another column. For example, I would have A B C D 2 4 2 1 2 2 2 1 4 2 1 0 I am looking for a formula that will take the mean of the standard deviations of A B and C given that column D contains value 1. Thanks again for everyone's help on previous problems! -- ModelerGirl ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ModelerGirl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&useri...

Re: Median of differences of columns, with embedded "if"
Jmay and Otto- Thanks very much for your quick replies, but I'm not sure now to appl that here, since the median of differences formula applies to a range. The forumla I am using (referring to the array in my original question is MEDIAN(B1:B4-A1:A4). (Of course, there are many more rows than 4). How do I modify it so that it takes the median of only those rows wher C=1? Thanks again, Kat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Kate see my response in your original thread -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Jmay and Otto- > > Thanks very much for you...

getting the latest 6 record information
Hi, Please kindly help . I am trying to report the latest 6 records for a particular query example below based on the date. In my report I should only display records from Apr 4 to Apr 10. Please help to assist. Category A 1 Apr, 3 Apr 4 Apr 5 APr 8 Apr 9 Apr 10 Apr 12 Apr alvarjo9 wrote: >Please kindly help . I am trying to report the latest 6 records for a >particular query example below based on the date. In my report I should only >display records from Apr 4 to Apr 10. Please help to assist. > >Category A >1 Apr, >3 Apr >4 Apr >5 APr >8 Apr >9 Apr &g...

How to enter codes in excel and have corresponding payment sum ?
I would like to learn how to make an excel spreadsheet that I could enter codes and have the corresponding payouts sum up. I work as an installer for a cable company and each job I do consists of codes for work done ( i.e. code 250 -Ran 1 outlet= $8.25, code 251- ran 2 outlets= 16.5 etc..). I would like to be able to enter these codes at the end of the day and see how much I made that day. Is this possible? I know very little about Excel, but do have alot of computer savy. Please help :) The starting point would be for you to build up a table of codes, description and price, something ...

Re: Magic Indian Oil for MEN! Free Trial
Real Magic Indian Oil from traditional Indian herbs. FREE TRIAL FOR 500 customers (5ml bottle), Ring +91 9810577227 ...