Quote download not working

For the past week or so, I have no be able to download stock prices.
I'm running MSMoney 2003 and have performed the steps listed in other
posts about the deluxe portfolio manager (i.e. I can see the chart)
but I am still unable to download updated prices.

Anyone have any other suggestion?

Mike
0
mike.pate (4)
2/2/2004 3:52:48 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

try to update quotes separately

enable the Background Banking function

"Mike Pate" <mike.pate@ies-co.com> wrote in message
> For the past week or so, I have no be able to download stock prices.
> I'm running MSMoney 2003 and have performed the steps listed in other
> posts about the deluxe portfolio manager (i.e. I can see the chart)
> but I am still unable to download updated prices.
>
> Anyone have any other suggestion?
>
> Mike

0
samuelcup (3)
2/2/2004 9:36:28 AM

that I just downloaded. My version 2002 worked fine prior
to the new version. You are not alone, but I have no help
to offer.
0
anonymous (74722)
2/2/2004 2:54:23 PM
I am having the same problem downloaded quotes from
Fidelity. Any suggestions yet?

0
anonymous (74722)
2/2/2004 3:50:10 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Susan H wrote:

>I am having the same problem downloaded quotes from
>Fidelity. Any suggestions yet?

You are having trouble with Quotes on Money 2003? Have you tried
these suggestions already?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328831&Product=mny

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=10&as_scoring=d&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=Check+if+the+prices+can+be+updated+now&as_oq=&as_eq=google&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.*&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&as_umsgid=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=12&as_minm=5&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=1&as_maxm=2&as_maxy=2004&safe=images

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/2/2004 4:42:59 PM
Cal,

I tried both suggestions without success.  Any other
ideas/suggestions?

Mike

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:42:59 GMT, via_newsgroup@please.tnx(Cal
Learner-- MVP) wrote:

>In microsoft.public.money, Susan H wrote:
>
>>I am having the same problem downloaded quotes from
>>Fidelity. Any suggestions yet?
>
>You are having trouble with Quotes on Money 2003? Have you tried
>these suggestions already?
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328831&Product=mny
>
>http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=10&as_scoring=d&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=Check+if+the+prices+can+be+updated+now&as_oq=&as_eq=google&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.*&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&as_umsgid=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=12&as_minm=5&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=1&as_maxm=2&as_maxy=2004&safe=images

0
mike.pate (4)
2/4/2004 2:21:35 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Mike Pate wrote:

>Cal,
>
>I tried both suggestions without success.  Any other
>ideas/suggestions?

In order to see if there is a pattern,
What is your Money version?
Do you use a passport with Money?
What is your software firewall?

>Mike
>

>On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:42:59 GMT, via_newsgroup@please.tnx(Cal
>Learner-- MVP) wrote:
>
>>In microsoft.public.money, Susan H wrote:
>>
>>>I am having the same problem downloaded quotes from
>>>Fidelity. Any suggestions yet?
>>
>>You are having trouble with Quotes on Money 2003? Have you tried
>>these suggestions already?
>>
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328831&Product=mny
>>
>>http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=10&as_scoring=d&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=Check+if+the+prices+can+be+updated+now&as_oq=&as_eq=google&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.*&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&as_umsgid=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=12&as_minm=5&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=1&as_maxm=2&as_maxy=2004&safe=images

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/4/2004 2:57:58 AM
MS Money 2003
I do not use Passport
I use a Cisco Pix 501 (there have been no changes to its config for
months)

Mike

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 02:57:58 GMT, via_newsgroup@please.tnx(Cal
Learner-- MVP) wrote:

>In microsoft.public.money, Mike Pate wrote:
>
>>Cal,
>>
>>I tried both suggestions without success.  Any other
>>ideas/suggestions?
>
>In order to see if there is a pattern,
>What is your Money version?
>Do you use a passport with Money?
>What is your software firewall?
>

>>Mike
>>

>>On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:42:59 GMT, via_newsgroup@please.tnx(Cal

>>>You are having trouble with Quotes on Money 2003? Have you tried
>>>these suggestions already?
>>>
>>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328831&Product=mny
>>>
>>>http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=10&as_scoring=d&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=Check+if+the+prices+can+be+updated+now&as_oq=&as_eq=google&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.*&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&as_umsgid=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=12&as_minm=5&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=1&as_maxm=2&as_maxy=2004&safe=images

0
mike.pate (4)
2/7/2004 3:30:38 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Mike Pate wrote:

>MS Money 2003
>I do not use Passport
>I use a Cisco Pix 501 (there have been no changes to its config for
>months)

That sounds like a hardware firewall. Those don't generally permit
access to one application while denying access to another
application. They could block IP ranges I guess.

Have you tried reinstalling Money? If that does not do it, I would
contact Microsoft.

>Mike
>

>On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 02:57:58 GMT, via_newsgroup@please.tnx(Cal
>Learner-- MVP) wrote:
>
>>In microsoft.public.money, Mike Pate wrote:
>>
>>>Cal,
>>>
>>>I tried both suggestions without success.  Any other
>>>ideas/suggestions?
>>
>>In order to see if there is a pattern,
>>What is your Money version?
>>Do you use a passport with Money?
>>What is your software firewall?
>>

>>>Mike

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Export to excel from ASP.Net
I have a page wherein the contents of a datagrid are exported to an excel file. All the columns are correctly displayed in excel except for the number columns. The formatting string for the number column is {0:#,##0.00; (#,##0.00);0.00}. The data is formatted for all numbers exceeding 1000 but for any number below 1000 the data is displayed as 1000 and not with 0's in the decimal places. (displayed as 999 instead of 999.00). ...

Download of Quotes hanging...
Has anyone seen (solved) an issue where the update function hangs. If I select download quotes. It just hangs. Looks like its trying to download by it just sits there. If I do not select download quotes the update proceeds normally. I just upgraded to 2004 Del. No improvement. Is this hooked to an online account or something? Thanks, LR In microsoft.public.money, LTR wrote: >Has anyone seen (solved) an issue where the update >function hangs. If I select download quotes. It just >hangs. Looks like its trying to download by it just sits >there. If I do not sel...

Unable to Open received PO (change to "change order")
Great Plains will not allow me to change this Purchase Order from Received to Change Order: Here is the message I get: However, if I try to enter a quantity cancelled, I get: How can I re-open this Purchase Order so I can change the price??? Thank you. Unfortunately, the pasted messages did not come through. Once a line item is received, you can change its cost only during invoice matching. The process would be to return the item; add a new row with the correct cost; and receive and invoice the new item. Not an elegant solution, for sure. -- Charles Allen, MVP &quo...

how to chart who was working when
Hi there, I'm looking for some help in producing a chart. My organization has hired about 100 folks since 1991, each on contracts of varying lengths of time. Some peoples' contracts have ended, and some have been renewed. I set up some worksheets inputting their names, start and end dates with the intent of producing a graph that will tell me exactly how many people were working for us at one time, based upon 6 month intervals. For example: John Doe 7/29/91 - 3/31/05 Jane Doe 6/21/94 - 2/20/96 Jake Doe 8/2/01 - 4/18/03 I would like a chart that can tell me how many people w...

Where to download: SBS 2008 with Windows Server 2008 Service Pack
I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 referenced below for download there. http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.aspx Can someone please point me at where I can find this version available for download? Thanks ozinca wrote: > I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 > referenced below for download there. > > http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.a...

the program "access"
I have a lot of data in the program "access" which I am unable to get to using MAC. I need someone to assist me in migrating the data over. my attempts are failing In article <1191720385.419936.207900@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>, stevelaudig@gmail.com wrote: > I have a lot of data in the program "access" which I am unable to get > to using MAC. I need someone to assist me in migrating the data over. > my attempts are failing See http://www.agentjim.com/MVP/Excel/RelationalOffice.htm and http://www.agentjim.com/MVP/Excel/ExcelHome.htm You ca...

How do I specify an address when using "ActiveDocument.SendMail"
Hi Here is my code: If Not IsNull(([Forms]![Process Bookings]![Booking Form].Form.Email)) Then Options.SendMailAttach = True objWord.ActiveDocument.SendMail How do I specify the recipients address? Stapes ...

downloaded service pack 1 and now Microsoft Excel isn't working ri
When I got to the icon for the save option I get this message "The file ' .xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?" *save a copy *overwrite changes this dialoge box is getting annoying, If I choose save a copy I have copy's of my files all over the place, if I overwrite then it does just that. But why do I have to do this everytime I open a file? I have looked everywhere and can't find my answer. Please remember that I just downloaded the Windows update service pack 1 and I believe that this i...

2007 Slide Numbering doesn't work
I have a presentation in which the numbering doesn't work...I've gone step by step through everything I can find but I don't see it. Checked the master to ensure a placeholder was there, that the text is visible. I click on the slide thumbnail, click insert / slide number, check off slide numbering, click apply to all and okay. Nothing appears. When I go back to insert / slide number, nothing is checked. Any thoughts? Try ticking the option for slide number in Insert | Header and Footer instead. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's ne...

Link for downloading online statements not visible Mon 2k3
On my financial institution's(TCF Bank) website, there are instructions for downloading online statements that refer to a link on the BALANCES page for MS Money. The problem is that the link apparently doesn't show up in my version (MS Money 2003 ver. 11). I spent some time on the phone with TCF's customer support and frustratingly tried to argue that there was no link to click on to download my statement both in Money and in Internet Explorer. Therefore I thought it was a problem with their website. However, they say that they recently updated their system to automat...

IIf statement sometimes works
I have the following IIf statement on an unbound field on a form: =IIf([Loaned/Out]="0"," ","Out of Service - Please Exit and select another Vehicle") Sometimes it comes back with the correct "Out of Service..." or nothing if the vehicle is not designated as loaned/out, but other times it comes back with "#NAME?". Why is it not consistent? Thanks. -- Donna N. 1. If [loaned/out] is ever null you will get #name#. 2. Is [loaned/out] ever not equal to "0"? Is "0" text or a number? If it is a number, you ...

Query Not Working 06-11-07
Hello, I have set up a query for 1 table. The field I'm trying to run the query on is a text field. I enter a name (="smith, john") I get zero results. However I have confirmed that this user exists in the table. Also (if this helps), this field gets populated via a combo box on a form. The table being used for the lookup contains a "user" field which is also a text field Thanks. sometimes this is caused by a leading blank in the field. It displays very narrow. one solution sname: TRIM([field]) "CT" <ctroy01@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

MSDN "No abstract available"
Hello again, As I mentioned elsethread I recently had my PC set up as Russian. While testing and debugging in the VS2005 IDE I clicked on help and I got a nice little dialog telling me that help was updating in the light of my recent setup changes. Typical of some MS developer trying to second guess what I needed, I was not asked if I wanted the help to be updated and there was no way to kill the update :-( After the update had finished, everything I searched for just told me "no abstract available". Everything, every time! So I got my MSDN CD's, reset my pc back to Eng...

how do I "point" to another global.mpt file in MS Project 2007?
we created a number of filters and maps in Project 2003. Can I point my Project 2007 to that existing Global.mpt file referenced by Organizer? Hi, You can only select the Global.mpt when you startup Project. The surest method is to start Project by double-clicking the Global.mpt icon itself Proejct will tell you (twice!!) that you cannot open a Global.mpt but by replying OK twice Project is open with the right global. Another way, without useless warning messages is to open Project by double-clicking an .mpp file stored IN THE EXACT SAME FOLDER as the desired global. ...

A user says he can't get my drop down list to work in Excel.
I have a spreadsheet (Office 2003) where the first three columns are controlled by drop down menus. Everyone else can click on the boxes and see the drop down choices but one user says that when he left-clicks nothing shows up. He also says that the right click only works on the two drop downs next to the first one. So for those he can use the 'Pick from List' feature. I don't understand why he is unable to see the dowp-down lists and only right click on two of the three boxes. Is there some error with older versions of Excel? Is there some secret checkbox on an Option...

ShowDependents Method works inconsistently?
Goal: To show all dependents of a range of cells. Problem: The code (see below) works sporatically and is therefore useless. For some groups of cells it will work perfectly, showing all dependents. In other cases, it will show only the dependents of the initially active cell. Will someone smarter than me please tell me what the heck is going on?!? (If it matters, I am using Excel 2002.) Sub Showem_all() ' Show all dependencies for selected region of cells. x = ActiveCell.CurrentRegion.Columns.Count y = ActiveCell.CurrentRegion.Rows.Count For i = 1 To x For j = 1 To...

Using Access database to "populate" Excel Sheets
Please help!!! I am willing to PAY anyone who can get this to run fo me. I have been trying for 5 days now trying to use a DBVlookup function t populate fields in Excel. I used examples from 4 different forums usin this function, but I cannot get any of them to work. I am somewhat ne to VBA so forgive me if I am not making sense in my questions. I have Excel Spreadsheet called "Account_Number". It is set up a follows: Column A is called "Account Number"..... Column B is called "Looked u description in Access". Account Number Description...

how to insert a item when ListCtrl is in "Icon" mode
I create a ListCtrl with "Icon" mode,but I found I can't use the "InsertItem()" to insert a item in a specfied position,the new item is always at the bottom of list,but I want insert some items before a specified position,so how to do it? "pango" <pango99@tom.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:0a1101c3d919$a04cbfa0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I create a ListCtrl with "Icon" mode,but I found I can't > use the "InsertItem()" to insert a item in a specfied > position,the new item is always at the bottom of list,but > I want i...

SFO error message "write protected change are not synchronized" 07-28-05
Hi! When I am changing (closing) an kalender activity from my CRM SFO klient i recieve an message that "The item is write protected in Microsoft CRM. Changes are not synchronized to the Microsoft CRM system" (translatet error message). Do you have any ide what i wrong? ...

Failed Installation after 2nd 22 hours download!
Tks both Mary and John. Successfully downloaded Office Publisher to desktop, but installation failed. My 6 week old new system has caused me DAYS of unsuccessful attempts at rectifying Vista issues. I not able to do much more than surf the net with it. I'm at my wits end. I may just take the entire system back and wait until the tech issues have been resolved. I'm in the thick of setting up my own business and have spent more time trying to "fix" my computer than on my business set up. LOVE the Vista improvements, but the "EASE" of using XP is gone. This produc...

Excel 2002
When I press the left / right or up/down arrow keys in Excel 2002 (Vista) it scrolls the spreadsheet columns or rows, it does not move the cursor form cell to cell. How can I restore the normal cell to cell capability? Thanks Hi Bob Press your Scroll Lock key on the top right HTH John "+Bob+" <nomailplease@example.com> wrote in message news:62hnd5pmurr5fh1cltn1t3ie537pcjb479@4ax.com... > When I press the left / right or up/down arrow keys in Excel 2002 > (Vista) it scrolls the spreadsheet columns or rows, it does not move > the cursor form cell to cell. > > ...

Where is the "Importance: High" icon?
The "Importance: High" icon has disappeared from my toolbar. I know how to customize a toolbar, but am unable to find it to add it back. Open a new email. Click on View > Toolbars. Make sure the Standard Toolbar is checked. "LEW" <LEW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:904E5568-652F-496A-8CC3-39E7B6731183@microsoft.com... > The "Importance: High" icon has disappeared from my toolbar. I know how to > customize a toolbar, but am unable to find it to add it back. ...

How to "freeze" chart & separate it from it's Data
I would like to produce a chart and then rearrange the data to produce a separate chart. Is there a way of separating a chart from it's data so that I can take the data and after rearrangement, produce another chart? Hi, Here is some information on how to de-link chart and data. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Rooky228" <Rooky228@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B519787-DF2D-4C1C-B941-DBC1FD054184@microsoft.com... >I would like to produce a c...

Where can you download a trial version of Access 2002?
We're still running Windows 2K SP4, and cannot try out the trial version of Office 2007 (minimum system requirements is Windows XP). I need a copy of Access 2002 to open a MDB that was created in 2002 (it won't open in Access 2K). Thanks in advance for your help! Heidi Assuming that you have Access 2000 and this is a one-time event, find someone who has Access 2002 or 2003 and send them the database. They could covert it to the Access 2000 format for you. That would be simpler, and cheaper, than trying to install another version of Access. Assuming that the database isn&#...

Filter option not working
I have been passed a spreadsheet with multiple columns with the headings showing that filtering is available, but when I click ony of the column headings it only shows Column Name: (Showing All). with no option to change anything. The ribbon bar sort and filter option is showing the Filter button as highlighted orange, but looks to be greyed out with clear and reapply both greyed. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get the filter working? Sorry if this is a simple one, I have just never seen this before. Cheers Leep If you remove the filter and then select the range (don&...