Quicken Makes Me Sick

I have Quicken 2004 and I'm trying to transfer my files to
Money 2004.  After conversion a summary screen shows all
of my current balances in my accounts and then it shows a
0 balance for the converted money accounts.  Why does it
delete all my data?  Any suggestions?

Also when I try to access support it asks for a product #
everytime I enter it it says it is invalid.  Does anyone
know any other way to contact tech support?

Thanks
0
tagliaboo (1)
11/12/2003 4:55:10 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, JT wrote:

>I have Quicken 2004 and I'm trying to transfer my files to
>Money 2004.  After conversion a summary screen shows all
>of my current balances in my accounts and then it shows a
>0 balance for the converted money accounts.  Why does it
>delete all my data?  Any suggestions?

You could try File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair

>Also when I try to access support it asks for a product #
>everytime I enter it it says it is invalid.  Does anyone
>know any other way to contact tech support?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/12/2003 5:04:13 AM
Q04->M04 file conversions are not supported, by the way.

In microsoft.public.money, Dick Watson wrote:

>Q04->M04 file conversions are not supported, by the way.

Oops. I failed to recognized it was Quicken 2004.

>"JT" <tagliaboo@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I have Quicken 2004 and I'm trying to transfer my files to
>> Money 2004.  After conversion a summary screen shows all
>> of my current balances in my accounts and then it shows a
>> 0 balance for the converted money accounts.  Why does it
>> delete all my data?  Any suggestions?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

How do I make a "deleted" message disappear off the inbox list?
It gets a "strike-through" font but doesn't go away. "Torwin" <Torwin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF26BB46-FF7E-45F6-9A24-67318C248161@microsoft.com... > It gets a "strike-through" font but doesn't go away. You have an IMAP account? Edit-Purge..... Yes, it is IMAP. And I have found one answer, it's under the View menu but in a not-obvious place: View | Arrange By | Current View | Hide Messages Marked for Deletion Thank you for your reply Gordon, is this what you were going to say? "Gordon" wrote...

More understanding on linking table and make a grid query
Hello, I learnt from this forum that relationship of the query does not have to be the same as relation of the table. Can anyone explain to me more, whether all the table we have should setup relationship one to the others?. I found it that like the gender table for example, when I make relationship with the member table would stop my combo box. So neither relate it nor we put it on query would even better and my combo works. I need more explanation from all the experts in this forum. -- H. Frank Situmorang On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 22:34:00 -0800, Frank Situmorang <hfsitumo2001@yahoo...

make an AD "contact" appear in GAL?
i need my outlook users to see a persons name and email address when they click the "To" button on a new message but this person does not have a domain account. can i create them as a "contact" in AD and make them appear? or is there a better way to do this? You can create a contact in AD and add the e-mail address of the user. -- Greetings, Hans Sleurink MCSA +M , MCSE 2000 <jjd228@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote in message news:EDRgc.61876$_g4.9691579@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... > i need my outlook users to see a persons name and email address when they > cli...

How do I make a backup file of my excel document?
I would like to make a backup file of some of my excel spreadsheets, onto my second hard drive. How do I do that? Stella, Simply choose the files, and use copy, select the destination folder, and select paste, all within Explorer. For future reference, you could use a macro that automatically saves files to two folders, along the lines of: Sub BUandSave() 'Saves the current file to a backup folder and its own folder Application.DisplayAlerts = False ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs FileName:="D:\Excel Backup\" & _ ActiveWorkbook.Name ActiveW...

Make a text box expand or shrink based on size of the value
I am working on a report in design view. Is there a way to have a text box get longer or shrink according to the value? For example, one of the headers is "Operations" while another header is "Resource Integration." ***Since the text box has a blue fill, there will be empty space within the text box if I make it large enough to fit the longest word. Therefore, I want the text box to expand or shrink as necessary. Any input is appreciated. Thanks! Glen Set the 'Can Grow' property to Yes. -- Build a little, test a little. "*G...

Quicken 2002 to Money 2004
I have just converted my Quicken 2002 data (about 12 years worth) to Money 2004. All my stocks have an investment type of mutual funds, even the stocks in Quicken with the type set to "Stock". I do have many user added types, but I am not concerned with these. If this a bug? I also cannot seem to change the type in Money back to stocks. Any ideas? Try the following http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q81 -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com ...

How Do I Make My Calendar seen on my 3 network computers?
I would like to have the calendar I create on my desktop to be seen as well on my laptop and vice versa. They are connected wirelessly through a router. Also, can I make changes on one and have it change on the other? Thank you so much. unless you have outlook 2007, the easiest way is one of the utilities here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-...

How to make a heatmap in Excel?
Dear All, I would like to construct a heatmap in Excel. In other words, a figure with two axes and each cell has a certain color based on the value for that cell (e.g., the higher the score, the darker the color). In example of such a figure can be found at: http://david.abcc.ncifcrf.gov/helps/2D_Introduction_files/classification_hea tmap.jpg Is this possible in Excel? Thanks in advance! You could use the cell colour as a conditional colour, that is using the data as the map itself.. Two problems, conditional formatting only supports 3 conditions, so you would have to use VBA event co...

Quicken File Conversion #4
I have tried to convert Quicken Premier 2005 files in Money 2004 & a trial version of 2005, and continue receiving the following error dialog: "Your Quicken data is contained in several files, and Money could not find all of them; or you are trying..." It continues to inform that all Quicken database files must be in the same directory. All of my Quicken database files do reside in the same directory. I even did a file copy to a clean directory and Money still could not convert them. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks. M04 can only convert M03 and earlier. (M05...

Making a league table
Hi all, OK, I'm trying to make a league table of our branches within the company based on various criteria then put them in order of points 'scored', I wish to do this automatically. Am using the LARGE function along with INDEX/MATCH, which is fine however if two branches have the same score then in the resulting table both entries are given the same name. So if I have the following results in a worksheet; Branch A 60pts Branch B 80pts Branch C 60pts Branch D 20pts Branch E 60pts After the formulas have done their stuff I get something like this; Branch B 80pts Branch A 60pts...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Can't convert Quicken 2001 files
I am installing the new Money 2004. The CD instructions could not convert my Qicken Files and I can not proceed. Is this because Money 2004 does not convert Quicken 2001. I tried to get help through the Microsoft online support but can not find the product ID number. the list of product numbers does not list Money 2004. Help I can not load my new program. Lou Hi Lou It should convert it for you, but many people have problems. Contact Microsoft directly and open a case. There is not charge for installation problems. Bob "Lou" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Making contacts appear in the global address list
Hi, I have SBS Pro including exchange 2003. I cannot figure out why I cannot get Contacts to appear in my global address list. I have a number of email addresses that would be really useful to everyone in the organisation (Courier email address etc). I have set up all of these addresses as Contacts in Active Directory under MYSERVER.local - Contacts - . I have also checked the filter for my Global Address List and it should include contacts. However none of these contacts will show. I have been struggling with this for some time now so the server has had plenty of time to replicate the chang...

How do I make a check mark?
When I use the code for a checkmark (alt 80) in Excel, I get the letter P instead of the checkmark. In fact I tried several symbol shortcuts (alt + code) and got all letters. What am I missing? I use =char(252) (alt-0252) and a wingdings font. If you're using xl2002, you could find more checkmarks via Insert|symbol Chip Pearson has an addin that may help (if you're using xl2k or lower). http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm (look for Symbolizer and make sure you get the correct version) kentrks wrote: > > When I use the code for a checkmark (alt 80) in Excel, I get ...

Making Excel act like a database.
I need some help on a common problem in our company. We have several clients that we have agreed to do some Excel 2003 spreadsheets for. The spreadsheets analyze our performance for them. These spreadsheets follow a very specific formatting that the clients have gotten use to and are unwilling to change. When we have to update the spreadsheets once a month, it can take all day to do the updating for each client because we are currently using copy and paste to get the data in the right cells. I'll explain more in a second, but what I am hoping to find out from this posting is alternate...

Migrating to Quicken 2010--NOT!
Enough already!!! I have installed Quicken on 2 separate occasions, trying to "move on"--I hate it. In the mid-90s, when I "migrated" to MS Money, it was because Quicken was so annoying. It's still annoying. I will stay with Money even when I can no longer opt to use the download services. As long as it can import bank statements, I'm OK with it. Why couldn't Microsoft just sell it to another software company/ developer? I found that a Win7-compatible version of my long-time (many years) BackUpMyPC is available for sale in the UK/Europe. It is no longer for s...

How do I make a graph of the frequency names come up in a column?
I have a column of several different names, most of which come up several times. I would like to make a graph of which names appear the most frequently. I haven't been able to figure out how to do this for the life of me. gziomek - Use either (1) a pivot table or (2) COUNTIF worksheet functions. For a pivot table, enter a label (e.g., Names) as the top cell of the column. Choose Data | Pivot Table ..., and for Layout use Names for both Row and Data entries. (I think the array-entered FREQUENCY worksheet function can be used only to count numerical values.) - Mike www.mikemid...

Make sheet tabs larger?
I have Excel 2000. Is it possible to make the tabs for each sheet larger, as in taller? Ed Only by making the worksheet name longer. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OoFG6Qy2FHA.3744@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have Excel 2000. Is it possible to make the tabs for each sheet larger, > as in taller? > > Ed > > Hi Ed, Yes, you also make the scroll bars larger. WinStart button, Settings, Control Panel, Display, Appearance (tab), Item: Scrollbar c...

Add a field to a Make table on the fly
I have a DB with 5 tbl that all have like keys but different data. I need to be able to search the 5 tbls and return to the user all the find condition and allow them to select the one they want by dblclick. I want to add a field on the fly as I build the search query to id what tbl the record came from is there a simple way? the field can have a constant for each of the different tbl like tbl1, tbl2, etc... -- Les ...

make a report form for my family to show who paid and when
Hi lack of details :-) But you may have a look at Microsofts Template Gallery -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "teania" <teania@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F2151689-1094-4AA2-B4C7-10507D4DD67A@microsoft.com... > If you want help with something specific, you'll need to provide some information about what you're doing, and where you're having trouble. If you need help getting started, there's lots of Excel information on the Microsoft web site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/templates/CT011356681033.aspx and ...

how to make a cell available for "pull down seletion" ?
I want to do this: cell D2 PERSONAL SALARY cell D3 1000-2000 2001-3000 3001-4000 over 4000 that is, I want to make CELL D3 a pull down seletion , in order to avoid the users type numbers in it. How? Thanks! Martin Select cell D3 then Data | Validation - this allows you to restrict entries in a variety of ways, including a "List" which is what you want. You specify where the source list is (on the same sheet) and in this list you can type the values which are acceptable to your spreadsheet. Pete You can have the list on a separate...

Make a database available to only one user at at time?
I am not a networking person. I design Access databases. My client wants two people to be able to use an Access database on a server (that has Groups and users assigned) but that only one person at a time can open it. I have told them that the recommended solution is to split the database into front-end and back-end but their network person doesn't want me to do this(?)... I can lock down records in tables, but not the database. Can the network administrator set usage to a single person at a time? If you want only one to edit it at a time then *don't* split it. The 2...

Can I erase part of a shape in Excel flowchart to make a "doorway.
i'm trying to update an evacuation plan. I need to create a "doorway" in an Excel flowchart shape - how can i erase part of the shape line? thanks Hi, Not sure why you want to use Excel for this kind of job, but you can place a shape over the line, make the right width, fill it in yr background colour (make sure it is opaque), and choose "no line". Your shape now appears to have a "hole" in one of the border lines. br, Henk "donnaatwork" wrote: > i'm trying to update an evacuation plan. I need to create a "doorway" in an &...

Making a CWnd Border ?
Hi guys, I want to make my CWnd-derived classes draw their own borders. I'd like to draw my border and also reduce the client size by the border size, so if I call GetClientRect() it will be the area inside the border. What's the best way to do this ? Thank you, Robert A. Look at NcCalcRect and OnNcPaint. joe On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 18:17:51 -0400, "Robert A." <invalid@invalid.org> wrote: >Hi guys, > >I want to make my CWnd-derived classes draw their own borders. > >I'd like to draw my border and also reduce the client size by the border &g...

IE 8 Makes Windows unstable
Once IE 8 was loaded, I started having boot problems and it slowed everything down to a crawl. IE would freeze the computer and I had to Hard power off. The compter had to be booted three times to get a good boot. I uninstalled IE 8 and everything is working smoothly. Is IE 8 incompatable with Windows XP Pro? Or did I get a bad install? No-charge support for Internet Explorer 8 installation, set-up and usage (only) is available via telephone (based on your locale) and has been extended until 02 July 2010. Customers must be running Windows XP or Windows Vista in a non-domain envi...