Quicken Import & Online Download has Messed Up Accounts

I'm a new Money 2005 user. Was using Quicken and got a new Notebook with
Money Standard preinstalled. Liked it, and disliked Quicken's new version.
But I use my desktop for my finances, not my notebook, so I downloaded the
trial from the MS site, and I'm going to purchase it.

My problem:  I imported my Quicken data, and then I set up automatic online
downloads. So I have multiple instances of some accounts. I know there is a
"Merge Accounts" feature, but before trying it I took a good look at all the
accounts, and I beleive I will end up with a real mess if I merge -
duplicate entries. I should say MORE duplicate entries, as I appear to have
several already. Some are not duplicates, but similar entries that occurred
on the same day.

In any case, I really am not looking forward to trying to sort this all out.
So one option would be to delete all accounts and start fresh with only the
online downloads. I would like to keep the Quicken data, but I don't need to
for tax purposes or anything. It is just nice to see the trends in the
historical data, and to use it for budget building. I could always keep the
Quicken data separate and just keep it as a reference. But I would prefer to
have my cake and eat it too.  Import the Quicken data into Money, and still
get online updates without borking up all the accounts.

Any ideas or advice?  Thanks for any responses!!
--
Jim McGowan
----------------------

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Downloading Internet Explorer 8
Please could anyone assist with downloading Internet Explorer 8. Any time I tried it I always get a message that I have a higher version on my system. Based on this, I tried launching it but I always get the message "Error "code 646" My system is Window Vista. "Emjay" wrote: > Please could anyone assist with downloading Internet Explorer 8. Any time I > tried it I always get a message that I have a higher version on my system. > Based on this, I tried launching it but I always get the message "Error "code > 646" Hi, In ...

Need better way to provision AD accounts that are to have mailboxes
The exchange admins in my company have come up with a way for the sys admins to assign the user's mailbox store location. It's based off of last name. For example, if your last name starts with letter A, you go on Storage Group 1, Mailbox Store A, if your last name starts with letter B, you go on Storage Group 1, Mailbox Store B, if your last name starts with letter E, you go on Storage Group 2, Mailbox Store A, etc.... This is, I believe, and administrative nightmare. Is there a better way to provision AD accounts that are to have mailboxes? If it works for you and them, then al...

Excel
Is there a way to change an imported number such as: 7042626598 and display it as a phone number like: (704) 262-6598 ? Thank you, Be -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ben, Yes you can format the cells containing the 10 digit number to a phone number. Highlight all the required cell and on the Main menu choose Format/Cells/Number/Special/Phone Number Charlie O'Neill >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to change an imported number such as: > >7042626598 and display it as a phone number like: > >(704) 262-6598 > >? > > >...

IM 9.0
We recently upgraded from GP 7.0 to GP 9.0. We use Ceridian for payroll and have an integration that takes a text file it creates and imports it into the GL. The text file is in account number order. The text file is used as two integration sources, one source groups the entries to create the journal header and the other source returns all the records from the file sorted by Account Number. There is a grouping that joins the two sources. The GL batch is in a random order. While technically this is not a problem the resulting reports are in that same random order which makes them d...

Quicken 2007 again
Does the new version of MS Money convert from Quicken 2007? Correctly? Quicken is moving to 2009 so, based on previous posts, I would assume MS would actually be in the process of getting the Quicken 2008 conversion going. I don't see any new info, however, on the 2007 conversion actually working. I tried a trial once several months ago so that is not an option now. They've tended in the past to release a converter for the version of Quicken released in the year PRIOR to the version of Money released. (E.g., M06 imported Q05...) They aren't releasing a new version of Money ...

Won't download beginning upgrade
I just downloaded Money 05 and it won't download the upgrade it needs so that all functions are available. I have a broadband connection so I don't know what the problem is. Well, you don't say much besides "won't download" so it will be hard for us to have any hints what the problem is, either. Firewall software maybe? "sean" <sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AD054E2-A5E9-41F0-B7D1-0960D79777AF@microsoft.com... >I just downloaded Money 05 and it won't download the upgrade it needs so >that > all functions are ...

Cannot download any antivirus
My system is infected with virus and keep getting strange window error messages. Also none of the anti viruses are downloading. pls help. -- khaitanenterprises ------------------------------------------------------------------------ khaitanenterprises's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162753.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1282512.htm http://forums.techarena.in khaitanenterprises wrote: > My system is infected with virus and keep getting strange window error > messages. Also none of the anti viruses are downloading...

Looking for trial download on excel
Looking for trial download on excel There's a link at http://www.microsoft.com/office/howtobuy/default.mspx HTH. Best wishes Harald "Fred 33069" <Fred 33069@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:2A39FC6B-D0C1-4B98-96A1-9A47F81C6FE8@microsoft.com... > Looking for trial download on excel Hi Fred check out https://microsoft.order-6.com/officestandardedition/addrform.asp Cheers JulieD "Fred 33069" <Fred 33069@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A39FC6B-D0C1-4B98-96A1-9A47F81C6FE8@microsoft.com... > Looking for trial downlo...

Error while import BCM Database into CRM 3.0
I am trying to import BCM Database into CRM 3.0 When I run " Data Migration for Microsoft Outlook Business Contact Manager" wizard I get an unexpected error. Can someone help ? thanks Here is the Log: 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Transitioning to next screen. From: Welcome screen. To: PreconditionCheck screen. 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Connecting to Microsoft CRM Shamir_Systems_MSCRM 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Checking that Microsoft CRM Data Migration Pack is installed: Success 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Establishing connection to CDF database: Success 8/21/2007 5:1...

Weird exchange service account problems
Scenario: I attempted to install Brightstor Arcserve backup agent using the arcserve software. I got an error saying it was unable to finalize the account. I manually deleted the dbagent account several times in an attempt to troubleshoot the problem. Now my exchange server is screwed up. Sypmtoms: Logged on as Administrator (Exchange Service Account...I know this should be a seperate user, will rectify that when this is fixed) I am seeing problems with permissions inside of the Exchange Server Administrator program. When I click on Connections->Internet Mail Service connector I get t...

how to import holyday in calender
Hi In Exchange 2003, shared calender in public folders. How do you import holydays in that calender, to be shown in Outlook or using OWA ? regards lars Hi, Start Outlook with a user that have permissions on the shared calendar, change the calendar view in Outlook so that each holiday is desplayed as one line, copy these to the shared calendar. Leif "Lars" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:OcENBXeUGHA.5332@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > > In Exchange 2003, shared calender in public folders. > How do you import holydays in that calender, to be shown in...

No Payees in download
Hello, When I download my bank transactions to Money 08, 90% of the payees are blank--no payees or catagory, but the dollar amount is shown. I was getting payee information until I changed a setting to "use standardized payee...." to try and reduce the extra characters on the payee line, but now I get hardly any info. What am I doing wrong? Kelsey In microsoft.public.money, Kelsey G wrote: > >When I download my bank transactions to Money 08, 90% of the payees are >blank--no payees or catagory, but the dollar amount is shown. I was getting >payee information unti...

Import/Export addresses
I have contacts in Outlook 2003 that I would like to export to Outlook express and need some help on the best way to do this. Thanks "Richard Mahan" <dmachen35@comcast.net> wrote in message news:v-idnQYiANC_CFLZnZ2dnUVZ_qqdnZ2d@comcast.com... >I have contacts in Outlook 2003 that I would like to export to Outlook >express and need some help on the best way to do this. Thanks > In Outlook, export Contacts as csv file. In Outlook Express, Import-Other address book-Text file csv. HTH ...

Watch these important pack
--xfjwqznj Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mxkczvlngqn"; type="multipart/alternative" --mxkczvlngqn Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="oorghxqer" --oorghxqer Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the security of your com...

E-mail Account
I am able to connect to Exchange my exchange 2003 server (on server 2003 standard) using the email account "Microsoft Exchange Server". To verify that I am connected I click on "Check name" and both the server name and username are underlined. However once I open Outlook 2003 Outlook is very slow and doesn't repond very well. I try to send an e-mail and it sits in the outbox and messages that are on my exchange server in outlook web access aren't downloaded. If I try send/receive Outlook locks up and even sometime says (not responding). Outlook eventual...

Migrating E5.5 Mailboxes with ADC created disabled accounts to to E2K3
I am getting to the end of my migration but still have all the resource mailboxes with ADC generated diabled accounts in AD to migrate. I'm not sure how to proceed with this. Can I just enable the accounts in AD migrate the mailbox and disable it again or do I have to create a whole new account in AD delete the ADC generated account and re-attached the new account to the mailbox in E5.5 then migrate it to E2K3? You can use the accounts it created. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "JoeAHM" <joseph.gonzalez@a...

vijendra is here online
trkjtrekjtrkjtretrrettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttrtretretreklklr trtrertttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt treeeeetrtrtrtrtrtrtr trtrrrrrrrrrrrr trtr tr t On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 18:41:24 -0700, "vijendrapratapmall0963" <vijendrapratapmall0963@gamil.com> wrote: >trkjtrekjtrkjtretrrettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttrtretretreklklr >trtrertttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt >treeeeetrtrtrtrtrtrtr >trtrrrrrrrrrrrr >trtr >tr >t Please take your testing elsewhere....

Money 2006: Is there an account for FSA?
Is there anything like a special account in Money 2006 for a flexible spending account? And if so, what is it called? Rod I'm not aware of one. Since it wouldn't really have any properties a basic cash account wouldn't have, using a basic cash account is good enough for many of us. "Rod" <rod@no.spam> wrote in message news:%23xX7cJtMHHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there anything like a special account in Money 2006 for a flexible > spending account? And if so, what is it called? So, should I set up a cash account, then, or doesn't it ...

Importing Quicken 2008 Files
I just downloaded Money Plus Premium and tried to import my Quicken 2008 file. I tried the conversion tool but still no luck. I do understand the like year Money and Quicken files won't allow you to convert. So I guess my question is will Microsoft be updating Money anytime soon so I'll be able to convert my Quicken 08 file into Money Plus? Please help anyone. Arron I don't think anybody here knows. IF they did, they probably wouldn't be at liberty to say. Personally, I wouldn't be holding my breath. "Arron" <Arron@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

customizations import from 3.0 to 4.0
Is is possible to import customizations into a 4.0 system that were exported from a 3.0 install? You will need to upgrade 3.0 implementation to 4.0 by running MS CRM 4.0 setup. Please go through Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Installing Guide. You can download this guide from folowing URL http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1CEB5E01-DE9F-48C0-8CE2-51633EBF4714&displaylang=en I don't think that there is any supported way through which you can import 3.0 Customization file to 4.0 implementation. Cheers, Rohit "Leo_B" wrote: > Is is possible to im...

Money Download #3
I am assuming with all the issues, Microsoft is not going to be making Money available for download today? Don't see why not, the download version isn't going to be any different to the one you buy in the shops! But do please think twice about using a download and rather get a version on media! What are you going to do when your hard disk dies taking your downloaded copy of Money with it?!! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsof...

Payroll posting accounts #4
I am trying to set up information in the payroll posting accounts, when I am in the Employer´s Tax Expense window I can not fill the SUTA & FUTA code. It displays: "This is not a valid tax witholding code". What can I do to solve it? -- Jorge R. HI Jorge, Just give any dummy account as you are not calucting the SUTA and FUTA then system won't do anything but is require so please full fill all the posting account setup requirement before you proceed. "Jorge" wrote: > I am trying to set up information in the payroll posting accounts, when I am > ...

cant send email to certain accounts
I started having an issue sending emails to any .net account yesterday. Here is the error I keep getting. I also can not get the Windows Mail help to open up. I click on it hit OK when the box pops up and nothing else happens. Thanks The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, ple...

Managing Calender's across Multiple Accounts
The CEO of my organization is actually the CEO of several companies, and as such, required several separate e-mail addresses(3). He also travels a lot and makes use of his Aircard to access the company network remotely with his laptop. So, I created an outlook profile for him on his laptop with all 3 Exchange accounts attached to it (on the same profile), but the network traffic was too much for the aircard to handle. So, I seperated them into 3 seperate Outlook profiles, and he needs to choose which to connect to when he logs in. This seems to work out well for him for the most part, wh...

Downloading report
Trying to download the invoice/quote sub-report. I have installed the trail version of CRM 4.0. I complete the download of the report (download as a 48KB file), however when I try to open the report I receive an error as the bottom of the report is cut off. Both reports I downloaded were 48KB leading me to believe this is the maximum size? Help appreciated. ...