Quicken Import #2

I've been using Quicken for about 10 years. I have all my checking,
investment, retirement and loan accounts in Quicken. I have never used MS
Money. I am considering buying MS Money 2004 Deluxe. My questions are: (1)
When importing from Quicken into Money, how accurate will the data and
accounts come across? (2) How does Money compare with Quicken? (3) When
importing into Money, do I use an import function and/or restore?  I have a
considerable amount of data in Quicken and I would hate to edit data in the
Money accounts to agree with my Quicken accounts.

Thanks,
Marty

0
me4812 (35)
9/8/2003 5:51:06 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, M&M wrote:

>I've been using Quicken for about 10 years. I have all my checking,
>investment, retirement and loan accounts in Quicken. I have never used MS
>Money. I am considering buying MS Money 2004 Deluxe. My questions are: (1)
>When importing from Quicken into Money, how accurate will the data and
>accounts come across? (2) How does Money compare with Quicken? (3) When
>importing into Money, do I use an import function and/or restore?  I have a
>considerable amount of data in Quicken and I would hate to edit data in the
>Money accounts to agree with my Quicken accounts.

Normally it is a pretty easy process. Sometimes people have to
resort to the QIF export and import, but not often.

Change all custom types to standard Quicken types. Any custom type
will be converted to type Mutual Fund by Money.

It is often suggested to do a Validate and a Super-validate in
Quicken before the conversion.
http://www.intuit.com/support/quicken/2003/win/6148.html seems to
imply that there could be a problem with that. So you might try the
conversion with and without doing that.

You probably will want to download the free Deluxe trial version.
There is a link at the bottom of
http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/quicken.asp for the trial. It is
fully functional for 60 days except that the video help and sounds
are not included. While you can upgrade without getting a CD, most
people suggest buying Money in the retail package so that you get
the CD.

You can have both Money and Quicken installed. The only thing is
that QIF and perhaps some other file types will be associated with
the last-installed. So if you decided to  not continue with Money,
you would probably want to re-install Quicken.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/8/2003 6:11:48 PM
>Subject: Quicken Import
>From: "M&M" me@somewhere.com
>Date: 9/8/03 1:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time
>
>I've been using Quicken for about 10 years

If you have used Quicken for 10 years, why change? I have used Money for 8
years and I wouldn't spend all the time necessary to relearn how another
product does the job. I doubt that Money will make you happy because you will
probably be saying, "Why can't Money do this and do that like Quicken does."
Good luck with your decision. Steve
0
sjcohen730 (458)
9/8/2003 7:16:23 PM
I wanted to use Money because of some great reviews I have seen; however, I
know enough about software to know that transferring data between different
applications does not always come clean. Quicken is a very good application
and I know how to use it. I will stay with Quicken.

Thanks guys,
Marty

0
me4812 (35)
9/9/2003 12:51:54 PM
You could always download the trial version and see what you get from
converting your Quicken file. If you don't like the results, you've gotten a
concrete answer to your question with the only cost being time spent.

(Maybe someone already suggested that -- I didn't see the beginning of the
thread...)

"M&M" <me@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> I wanted to use Money because of some great reviews I have seen; however,
> know enough about software to know that transferring data between
different
> applications does not always come clean. Quicken is a very good
application
> and I know how to use it. I will stay with Quicken.
>
> Thanks guys,
> Marty

0
myrnalarson (223)
9/9/2003 1:52:44 PM
I was thinking the same thing...but then decided to upgrade to Quicken
Premier 2004. Works great for the most part with NO conversion problems.

At this point in the development of Money and Quicken the products are so
feature packed that if you have tons of data invested in either one it makes
little sense to switch. Changing software just for something new is not
really a good reason.

Regards,
6

> I've been using Quicken for about 10 years. I have all my checking,
> investment, retirement and loan accounts in Quicken. I have never used MS
> Money. I am considering buying MS Money 2004 Deluxe. My questions are: (1)
> When importing from Quicken into Money, how accurate will the data and
> accounts come across? (2) How does Money compare with Quicken? (3) When
> importing into Money, do I use an import function and/or restore?  I have
> considerable amount of data in Quicken and I would hate to edit data in
the
> Money accounts to agree with my Quicken accounts.
>
> Thanks,
> Marty

0
Number

Having 2 workbooks open simultaneously
I have a wide screen laptop that can accommodate 2 Excel workbooks side by side. I used that feature for a while until sometime about two weeks ago something happened (I don't know what) and now I a only able to keep one workbook open at a time. When I try to open a second one, the first one minimizes. Can anyone tell me how to get it back so that I can once again view 2 workbooks side by side? Many thanks for your help -- Royal Did yesterday's response work: "How about just window|Arrange|Tiled (or whatever you want)" Royal wrote: > > I have a wide screen l...

Update for Microsoft XML core service 6.service pack 2
Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't load millypede wrote: > Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't > load Operating System? Service Pack level? Architecture? Anything that you have tried? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

Find a value in list 2 that is not in list 1
I have text values in column A and also in column B, most of which match. I would like to take the values in column B that are not in column A and put those values only in column C. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maxxwell, Put this formula in column C, and copy down. =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B2,$A$2:$A$20,0)),B2,"") To get them contiguous, use Autofilter, filter on nonblanks in column C, and copy/paste to somewhere. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "maxxwell2" <maxxwell2@discussions.microsof...

How do I stop 1 day tasks splitting over 2 days?
I am using Project 2003 and it has got an annoying habit of splitting most tasks with a duration of 1 day into 7 hours of work on one day and 1 hour of work the following day when you look at them within the Resource Usage view. This is mucking up my Gantt chart as the tasks effectively look as if they are 2 day tasks (although the duration cell definitely says 1 day). Any idea what is causing the problem and how do I fix it? Things to note: - The project calendar and resource calendars are definitely showing 8 hour working days (8-12 then 1-5) so that isn’t causing the probl...

Confidentiality Notice #2
How do i configure Exchange 2003 to add a Confidentiality Notice at the bottom of all outgoing emails?? Can this be done without using Visual Basic? Thanks, Greg ...

Take a look at important patch from the M$ Corporation
--bgknsnsxrf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="eqmmxvfryf"; type="multipart/alternative" --eqmmxvfryf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nagrsturcwerjp" --nagrsturcwerjp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer. This update...

Importing Data From Access Problem
I'm trying to import some query results from MS Access into Excel using the Import External Data function. Some of the queries are coming across OK, others are only bringing the column headers across and some are bringing partial data. Does anyone have any ideas why this may be happening? Thanks Helena ...

Outlook Express #2
I have Outlook Express installed on two computers at two separate residences. Both are set to check the same comcast email address. One works fine but the other I keep getting errors when I try to send out emails etc. Should I be able to use Outlook express at two separate locations to check the same email at different times without a problem. Sounds a bit like the problem I am having (see my post from earlier today). Both my PCs are configured the same: one keeps prompting me for the POP3 password for each e-mail account, the other I have been able to successfully save the pa...

2 Axes, same scale wanted
Hi Is it possible to set my second y axis so that the scale is identical to the first y axis. (My chart needs to have 2 axes as one plots daily values and one plots annual) but I find that excel automatically assigns diferent scales to each? This same reference should apply to dual axis charts. You can apply scales to both primary and secondary axes using worksheet cells via Jon's explanation below. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "jonny" wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to set my sec...

Data validation for 2 valid values
I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list appear. How do I do that with Data->Validation? Data>validation>allow>list, put the 2 values separated by a comma in the source box, uncheck in cell dropdown -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:ujuB%23w52DHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list > appear. > > How do I do that with Data->Validation? > > Using a list, as Peo suggested, will force users to match the ...

CRM 3.0 Installation Error #2
Receiving the following error during "System Requirements" step of the server installation: "One or more Microsoft CRM groups are not valid. The group scope must be Domain Local or Global. The group type must be Security." Environment: SQL Server 2000 CRM Server: Server 2003 SP2 Details: I am trying to reinstall CRM on one of our redundant app servers. This server was already running CRM but was uninstalled in attempt to fix an issue. CRM is still running on the primary app server. I am therefore connecting to an existing DB. The AD groups exist, have the correct ...

NDR in 2 Exchange Servers 2003 on 2 domains
Hi, 2 Exchange servers 2003. 2 domains. a.fr and b.fr. The Active Directory domain is xxx.local. Each domain is hosted on a distinct server, on the same Exchange organization. When an email arrives from outside the non delivery receipt is sent from postmaster@xxx.local. As almost every MTA now is checking if the 'from' belongs to a valid domain, this does not work. It is possible to change the NDR originator to postmaster@a.fr or postmaster@b.fr. But this is valid for the whole organisation. And I need the a.fr server to answer with postmaster@a.fr and the b.fr server answer from po...

2 different fonts in the same cell?
Hello! If I want (Times New Roman) "This is a red Wingdings 3 triangle ([change font] Wingdings 3: 123 [back to Times New Roman]").", I can do that in a cell. But if I refer to that cell (=A1) in B1, the Wingdings font doesn't come over and it winds up all TImes New Roman and looks like "This a red Wingdings 3 triangle ({)." How can I "=A1" for a cell that has two fonts in it and have the two fonts show up?? Thanks! VR/ Lost You can't have that in a FORMULA. You would have to change it to text first. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel Sales...

how do i delete everything after a particular character, after each such character? #2
thank you, everyone, for your great suggestions. i tried paul corrado's very simple solution below: Find What: enter " - *" (without the ""s) Replace With: enter " -" (if you still want the dash otherwise leav that field blank) that worked great except that many of the lines that continued onto second line were unaffected and need to be deleted. fortunately tha data that needs to be kept has an asterisk and some spaces in front o it (i.e., "* ") so perhaps there's some way to have excel chec each cell for the existence of this text and,...

Email Addresses #2
When I type in the first few letters of an email address a drop down apears with four or five email address. They are all for the same person, but only 1 is correct. How do I get rid of the incorrect email address? I have gone to the custom dicsonary in outlook and erased the wrong one there, but not all of them are there and even the ones I erased still show up. Any help would be helpful. Thanks When you start to type the address and the wrong address appears on the list, use your arrow keys to highlight that wrong address, then press [DELETE]. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneN...

Customize Outlook Today does not work #2
We are in an Exchange Server 5.5 environment, and the "Customize Outlook Today" button does not work at all. Please advise where to look next. TIA "Lee Hoyle" <lee@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:00b901c35139$57aac160$a101280a@phx.gbl > We are in an Exchange Server 5.5 environment, and > the "Customize Outlook Today" button does not work at all. > > Please advise where to look next. TIA Hello Lee, have you try it with this Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Oliver Vukovics Share your Outlook ps...

Sorting by Color #2
Hello, Is it possible to sort in excel by color for entire row. Thanks, Manish hi, Manish ! > Is it possible to sort in excel by color for entire row. IF you mean the 'real/complete' entire row... some changes [minor I hope] has to be made.. this is 'the long way'... [trying you to provide 'only' a specific range including titles which are not sorted] the following macro will use the 'next' column for sorting numbered_colors... hth, hector. Sub Color_Sorting() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim myRange As String, n_Cols As Byte, n_Rows As Long...

Importing data from Maximizer
Hi: What experience has anyone had with importing Maximizer data into MSCRM using either the Data Migration tool, Scribe, or a combination of both? Scribe don't handle this seamlessly, you apparently need to export to a .csv file first. Is this still quicker using this process with Scribe, than with the DMF? Many Thanks Cathy Allington Hi, We are also looking at migrating Maximizer into CRM. If you would not mind, could you please let me know if you find anything more on this. I would truly appreciate it. Shauna skoppang@shaw.ca "Cathy Allington" wrote: > Hi: > ...

System Settings #2
Hello, We have CRM v3 installed on a box with SBS. I am logged into the SBS bog as the administrator. I clicked on Settings, Organizational Settings, System Settings. I recieve an error. Microsoft CRM : Error - Webpage Dialog Microsoft CRM Error An error occured. For more information, please contact your system administrator. Try Again. Close I searched KB, but I didn't find an article that seem to fit. Any ideas? cheers, Michael Hi Michael, Please enable the tracing and see what error is being thrown. Please check following URL on how to enable traciong for V3 and reproduce this ...

Linking 2 Subforms
After reading several posts on these forums, I am beginning to think that what I would like to do is impossible. I don't know if anyone can point me in the right direction or not, but here goes. I currently have a form with 2 subforms (both in datasheet view). The main form has combo boxes that filter the results in the first subform. I would like to be able to select a record in the first subform and have on the related records shown in the second subform. I believe this has something to do with Parent-Child links, but i know that you cannot have a parent-child link between 2 ...

Import List of Email Addresses from Access
Is there a way to populate a distribution list in Outlook from a table field in Access? Thanks in advance, Claudette ...

Background color #2
Using Visual C++ 6.0 Writing MFC dialog based. I set the background color by putting SetDialogBkColor(RGB(170,170,150)); into the project's .cpp file right at the ::InitInstance() This works fine, however; I got to thinking if there was a way change the background color at some point while the application is running rather than when it was initialized? Would I still use SetDialogBkColor() or some other function? "Frank" <franknospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:uWEJJ80ZGHA.4612@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Using Visual C++ 6.0 > Writing MFC dialog based. &g...

how do i set up page 2 on the post car in Publisher?
I am trying to create a 2 sided post card. I have created the page w/ the information. How do I get the send and return addresses on the other side? Flip side <Flip side@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to create a 2 sided post card. I have created the page w/ > the information. How do I get the send and return addresses on the > other side? Insert > Page? Is this a mail merge? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Hey there...If you used a preset template in the wizard for postcards, it will automatically provide 2 pages...

Posting to a Historical Year 2 years old
My client wants to post to the historical year 2003, however 2004 is already closed. I told him you can only post to the most recently closed year. Any suggestions? There is a setting in GL Setup to allow historical posting plus may have to go to Fiscal Period setup and open the year. While in GL setup make sure the Retained Earnings account is correct b/c GP will create "roll forward" entries for subsequent years and these entries may effect retained earnings. >-----Original Message----- >My client wants to post to the historical year 2003, however 2004 is already ...

Securing Exchange #2
Hi! I have problems with spam on my Exchange 2000. Is there any good documentation/whitepaper etc. abut securing an Exchange server availible. I have done all the "normal" securing but still there are a few queues with spam. Can there be a "spy prog" on it that's causing all this. Can I log somewhere all Telnet sessions and stuff? Reg J�rgen Persson On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:44:48 +0200, "J�rgen" <jorgen_persson78@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi! > >I have problems with spam on my Exchange 2000. Is there any good >documentation/whitepaper etc. ab...