Quicken file conversion #2

Have tried converting .qif file from Quicken Deluxe 98
(version 7.0), but when Money 2004 Standard on my new
Dell 4600 starts the conversion, saying "Large file, may
take a few minutes", it shows a progress bar for about 3
seconds, then gives up and says, "Unable to convert file."
Dell isn't supporting the installed MS Money on the new
computer. Any ideas?
0
canaday (1)
7/27/2004 3:48:52 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Peter Canaday wrote:

>Have tried converting .qif file from Quicken Deluxe 98
>(version 7.0), but when Money 2004 Standard on my new
>Dell 4600 starts the conversion, saying "Large file, may
>take a few minutes", it shows a progress bar for about 3
>seconds, then gives up and says, "Unable to convert file."
>Dell isn't supporting the installed MS Money on the new
>computer. Any ideas?

First do Validate in Quicken. I think that is File->Validate.

Rick Hess posted that in Quicken you can select File->Copy, and let
it make a copy of your file.  This routine will, among other
things, defragment your file.  Then convert the copy.

Change all custom types to standard Quicken types.  Any custom type
will be converted to type Mutual Fund by Money.

Consider having a minimum of other things running when you do
the conversion in Money.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310560
describes Clean boot etc.

If the above are not successful, consider Super-Validate in
Quicken.  Hold Ctrl+Shift keys down during the Validate process.
However http://www.intuit.com/support/quicken/2003/win/6148.html
warns of unneeded super-validate.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Cannot Vlookup of Large file
Dear all Helper, I have a excel file of about 20,000 records. I have another worksheet for vlookup to this excel file. But find that it exists in both worksheet but it prompt #N/A. Do you have any hints or reasons? Any other solutions? Rudolf, Show us the formula of Vlookup, it might be a problem in the code. Check also the properties of the lookup-value and the database-value. If you are looking for a number e.g. 10 and in the database the cell property is "text" (10 is now '10) Vlookup will not find it. grtx's Martijn "Microsoft Excel" <rudolf.lam@asi...

SOP Returns #2
When trying to create a return I am getting an error message: Unhandled script exception: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'TDK.dbo.SVC_Calc_SOP_Document'. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Hitesh Hi Do you have any 3rd party module installed ? Thanks BS "Hitesh Varsani" <hitesh.varsani@daxten.com> wrote in message news:eUmpj5hqFHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > When trying to create a return I am getting an error message: > Unhandled script exception: > [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Coul...

Export to XML file
Hello, I am using Access 2007 I have a table that I want to export it to XML file. I am able to do this by using export data> xml..... The problem that I have is that in my table, one of the fields can have null value. When I open the exported XML file, I expect to see <field1></field1> if the field1 is null value for that record. But I don't see this at all. How can I force Access to export null value to xml as well? thanks a lot, Boon ...

Pproblem with inserting images from file
I use Publisher 2000 and now have difficulty inserting images from file into 'picture box'. I didn't have this problem prior to installing SR2, but I am only make a loose association here. I edit my images in Photoshop them save them to desktop for insertion into Publisher document. I cannot access these images because of the limited file type choices I am offered in the 'Insert Picture' window. Choices given are Gif, JPEG, Kodak Picture CD, PC Paintbrush (what the heck is that?), PNG and Windows Bitmap. I have saved image second time as bitmap and was able to inser...

Recovering Deleted Exchange files
My former employer uses Exchange and today they de-activated my account. When I was updating the delivery location for emails, I accidentally deleted the Exchange Account. I have all but the last month of emails backed up and I'm wondering if there's a way to restore those emails from a "temp folder" or somewhere else on the local drive. Thanks! If you only deleted the account from your profile, you can use system restore to roll bac to before you deleted it, then move the messages to a pst and delete the account. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Out...

Is there an equivalent of .mda files for Excel?
If you develop an Access application, you can hide your source code by converting the .mdb file into an .mda file. Is there an equivalent for Excel applications? Thanks ..xla, Then Tools | Addins..., to add the file. ..xla is the format for Excel add-in. However, it does not necessarily hide your code in VBA, if that was what you want. Whether it is .xls or .xla, you can only "hide" VBA code by password-protecting the VBA project, which is a weak protection. If you really want to hide your VBA code from viewing by others, the better approach would be to move most of your...

Can you have a static file location in a formula?
I would like to have a static file location that does not change if email the workbook to somebody. Is this possible? Here is an example of what I would like to do. =IF(L8=TRUE,'C:\Documents\Football\Week 3\[Pool Score Sheet.xls]Scorin Tab'!$B3,IF('C:\Documents\Football\Week 3\[Pool Score Sheet.xls]Scorin Tab'!$B3=0,1,0)) I would like the C: Documents ... to never change. I will be emailin this sheet so I want to formula to refer to my computer and not th recipent. Please help -- TwEaKFrEa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- TwEaKFrEa...

having a problem installing MSCRM 1.2!

MS Office 2003 file opening problems
When using MS Office 2003 I can't open any files. Excel says that the virus scanner has detected a problem with the file. Word says the file does not exist. Even when the file was created using MS Office 2003. Lower versons of the software open the files without a problem! "noblep" wrote: > When using MS Office 2003 I can't open any files. Excel says that the virus > scanner has detected a problem with the file. Word says the file does not > exist. Even when the file was created using MS Office 2003. Lower versons of > the software open the files without...

How do I add/subtract hours and minutes when some values exceed 2.
I am trying to set up a spread sheet whereby I can input a value relating to hours and minutes (this value will be over 24 hours), and then other values in hours and minutes (all under 24 hours) which I need to subtract. I'm struggling to input a 'time' value which exceeds 24 hours. Can anyone help? Hi Try formatting the cell as [hh]:mm -- Andy. "lhasalass" <lhasalass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D00E00AC-14A0-4F7A-A324-0BA8D790D5CB@microsoft.com... >I am trying to set up a spread sheet whereby I can input a value relating >to &...

Customization #2
Dear All, I am relatively new to CRM 3.0. I am in a scenario whereby I have to provide the opportunity financial breakup without using the products tab. I am building a form whereby my users can input the cost, margin and total value for the different products required in this opportunity. My questions are 1. How can i make automatic calculations like a+b=c like we do in excel. 2. Can i generate a report based on the custom attributes 3. How can I display the sales stage(based on our sales process) position in the opportunity tab. 1. you need to do this using jscript in the onChan...

Excel 5.0 #2
I need some help. I have been a faithful user of version 5.0 and I missed my opportunity to upgrade easily. Is there anyone who would be willing to part with an intermediate version so I can make the jump. I understand I need at least an Excel 97. I believe 97 can convert 5.0 and 03 can convert 97. Hi Exc�l 97 - Excel 2003 all have the same file format 8and all can read Excel 5.0 files). So just check ebay and get on of the newer versions (Excel 2000 / Excel 2002) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tim in Idaho" <Tim in Idaho@discussions.microsoft.com> schri...

How can I restore an Excel file that was deleted by mistake?
I deleted a file in Excel from the menu and need to recover it. Can I do this? Hi if you don't have a backup copy probably no chance. You may try a file recovery tool (search Google for some free ones) to recover your deleted file -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Diane wrote: > I deleted a file in Excel from the menu and need to recover it. Can > I do this? Did you look in the Recycle Bin? HTH Otto "Diane" <Diane @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D41D362F-D1CC-4C14-B0B3-DBC994A32D3C@microsoft.com... >I deleted a file in Exce...

how to play music files attached to Outlook upon opening
I have Outlook 2002, SP-2. Is there any way that I can insert/add a music file (.wav, MIDI, .wma, etc.) so that when the recipient receive the email the music plays automatically? If you can answer this question please be specific - I'm not a techie. Many thanks, Donnelly Donnelly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have Outlook 2002, SP-2. > Is there any way that I can insert/add a music file > (.wav, MIDI, .wma, etc.) so that when the recipient > receive the email the music plays automatically? See if this helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/a...

Error:An unexpected end of file parsing CDATA has occurred.
I am creating a XML document which opens fine in IE. Implies MSXML thinks it is a well formed document. But when I try to load this document in VB.net using the following code Dim doc As New XmlDocument doc.Load("C:\Projects\SQLXML\corc.xml") I get the following error: "System.Xml.XmlException: An unexpected end of file parsing CDATA has occurred. Line 6, position 1. at System.Xml.XmlScanner.ScanCData() at System.Xml.XmlScanner.ScanMarkup() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseTag() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseBeginTagExpandCharEntities() at System.Xml.XmlTextR...

What is the criteria for the type attribute for the section element in application config file.
Hi! In Main below I use the GetSection to fetch a specific section from the app config file. When I specify which sectionhandler to use I use the type attribute on the section element in this way see (*) below. This section is part of the whole app config file which is listed at the bottom. (*) <sectionGroup name="MyFirstSectionGroup"> <section name="MyFirstSection" type="ConfigTest.MyFirstSectionHandler, ClassLibrary1" /> </sectionGroup> Now to my question ClassLibrary1 in the type argument above is a class library wher...

Providing a link to files on a netword
I would like to create a link from Accounts to certain folders in our shared network drive. I thought there might be a way to do this by creating a new URL attribute, attaching it to the Accounts entity and then simply typing in the path to the file. For example J:\accountfile However when you click on it a web browser page opens and it obviously cannot find anything. I cant think of any other way to do this, I would appricate it if anyone knew a way to get around this? I wrote an article on an easy way to show Windows Explorer directories and files in an iframe on a CRM account r...

Issue with making changes to recouring meetings. #2
One of our users has a recurring meeting every week. She made a change to it for this week and this is the problem: The recurring meeting is Tuesdays from 9-10. User 1 changed the 7/17 meeting to Wednesday, 7/18, from 11:30-1:30 and It was accepted by user 2. The Tuesday meeting disappeared (as it should) from user 1's Outlook calendar ... BUT it still appears on her Blackberry and, bizarrely, it still appears on user 2's calendar in the original time slot. When user 1's assistant opens user 1's calendar the meeting is also still in the original time slot and has not change...

'no data found' in 28MB pst file?
I used a utility to repair a suspected bad pst file and that was the results, 'no data found'. Is this possible? Yes, this is possible since "white spaces" exist in a pst-file. Can you still open the original file? If so; create a new pst-file and copy the available data into the newly created pst-file. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Frank" <h@rack.com> wrote in message news:4e5Gc.5757$ne6.1151@nwrdny03.gnilink.net... >I ...

Floating Bars #2
Hi, I need to create a floating bar graph to show when chutes open and their durations so for example: Chute Open Time Duration 01B 05:00 2:20 01B 07:20 2:20 01B 08:00 0:40 problem I am having is that when i go to create the floating bar graph although the general information is correct i.e time and duration i get duplicate chutes. I have tried converting these to numbers but have had no joy.......... any help please.........would be appreciated!!!! I don't understand the "get duplicate chutes" comment. More info, please? &qu...

Is there a way to run a batch file just as a user is logging off?
I know that you can write DOS batch files, and place them in the startup folder. When the user logs in, the batch file executes. Is there a way to have a batch file execute when a user logs off? We need to find a way to copy some files up to a server, when a user logs off for the day. Thanks Rog On 03/01/10 5:47 AM, Roger Smith III wrote: > I know that you can write DOS batch files, and place them in the startup > folder. When the user logs in, the batch file executes. > > Is there a way to have a batch file execute when a user logs off? We need > to fi...

BillPay #2
When will Money start using the the free MyCheckFree.com? This a free service now. What gives. Boo Microsoft. I may need to switch. Yikes! So why am I socked with a $5.95 monthly fee? Just because I use it within the Money program? I don't use my bank so not sure why I get the fee. Thanks! "Bogee" <Bogee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C06B9868-442D-4841-98D3-0C85524F86ED@microsoft.com... > When will Money start using the the free MyCheckFree.com? This a free > service > now. What gives. > > Boo Microsoft. I may need to switch. ...

Oft Files #2
I need to set up an "OFT" file which I already understand but I need to add a JPEG file to it. The problem I have is that when I have added this but then I send it to a recipient they are receiving it without the JPEG File attached to it. Is there any way around this please as I need to set this up as a standard. I am using rich text format and word as email editor and need these to be set as standard which I have already done. Thanks. Sharon Rich Text as standard? Not a realy good way to go unless you know all the recipients have Rich Text support. Are these internal re...

Saving Message to a file
I want to have a rule to save a message to a file folder as a type *.msg. I can do this on my computer, but my clients computer keeps wantting to save the file as HTML. We are using Outlook 2000. We are using the same email message so that should not be the problem. Does anyone know what can cause this to be different. Thank you for any insight that you can provide, Ken Have him click on the dropdown for SAVE AS TYPe. MSG should be on option. >-----Original Message----- >I want to have a rule to save a message to a file folder as a type *.msg. I >can do this on my computer, ...

Why does Publisher 2003 make 2000 pub files bigger when saving the
I have 2 web publications created in Publisher 2000. When the old files were saved "as a web page", the files where of a manageable size and in a structure controlled by the "index" file. When I save the same web pub as a Publisher 2003 publication "saving to the web" the files are all made bigger and my hosting company say the size exceeds my limit. Can anyone help me save the Pub 2003 publication in the old format. I have tried saving as Publisher 2000 but it wraps up the file in the new Pub 2003 format. Can anyone help please? Read the articles about the c...