Quicken Conversion #3

I recently installed Money 2003 Deluxe & converted my
Quicken file to Money. When the conversion process ended I
got the following error:
'An error occurred, but Money ran out of memory while
trying to retrieve and display details about what
happened.'
I appreciate the message, but I've no clue about the
nature of the problem, nor the status of the conversion.
When I look at the accounts I don't see anything missing,
but considering the number of entries in the accounts I'm
not certain that I can rely on Money to have all of my
data. This happens when I convert any of my past year-end
Quicken files, as well as the current file. Consequently,
I cannot rely on Money until I get a resolution to the
issue.
Any suggestions?

Sad Sam

0
SamLowry (1)
1/2/2004 7:46:24 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Sam wrote:

>Any suggestions?

You could
File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair

or

File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair

or stop worrying, or abandon it.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/2/2004 9:06:02 PM
There is no RepairMoneyFile available in the File menu
item.
I found part of the problem; the investment splits are
missing. I found a reference to the problem when searching
Microsoft, that indicated the problem was caused by a
missing price in the Quicken split transaction, however
all splits have the correct price. When I attempted to add
the split in Money, I was given a warning message that the
split transaction already existed, unfortnately, I cannot
see any of the split transactions to know which ones were
converted & which ones were not.
Any more suggestions?

Sam

0
anonymous (74722)
1/5/2004 9:17:20 PM
In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>There is no RepairMoneyFile available in the File menu
>item.

Oops. That was introduced in Money 2004. You can open Money with
Start->Run and entering "msmoney -s" without the quotes into the
box.

>I found part of the problem; the investment splits are
>missing. I found a reference to the problem when searching
>Microsoft, that indicated the problem was caused by a
>missing price in the Quicken split transaction, however
>all splits have the correct price. When I attempted to add
>the split in Money, I was given a warning message that the
>split transaction already existed, unfortnately, I cannot
>see any of the split transactions to know which ones were
>converted & which ones were not.
>Any more suggestions?

Go to the investment details for the particular stock.
UpdatePrices->UpdatePricesManually. Look through the
table and find the entries in the Source column that say "Stock
Split". Delete any entry you do not want.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

sending email #3
Having a problem with outgoing mail, seems to not be going anywhere? Running Exchange 5.5 sp4, with Outlook 2002 clients. A client clicks 'send' the message goes to the sent items folder, but the message never makes it to the outbound mailbox. All services are running, the ques are empty, but the "out" folder in imcdata has tons of 'messages' dated since yesterday afternoon. Any help on how to get these to "GO" ?? Thanks in advance for any help. Hi Dave, I would suggest turning up logging on the Information Store and the Internet Mail Service...

Leading Zero #3
A value in text format, e.g. 07654 in an export csv file looks just fine in Notpad. But when the file is opened in Excel, the leading zero is gone. Is there a way to add the zero back to all the values under the same column within Excel? Thanks, Eli ...

more than 3 conditional formats #2
Is it possible to add more than 3 conditional formats to a particula cell? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, - -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi A No, you'd need a macro to do the formatting with >3 conditions. HTH. Best wishes Harald "abailey >" <<abailey.18da03@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i melding news:abailey.18da03@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is it possible to add more than 3 conditional formats to a particular > cell? > > Any help would be much appreciated. > > Thanks, > -A > > > --- > Me...

ING Direct #3
Thinking about opening an account here. Will it link to my Money file? Thanks for your reply. (I'm not at my home computer or I would check it out myself) Scott ING Direct no longer links allowing you to connect and update from within Money. To update you have to go into the ING Direct Web site and download your transactions to Money. On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:46:32 -0700, "Scott W" <ScottW2000xx@Yahoo.com> wrote: >Thinking about opening an account here. Will it link to my Money file? >Thanks for your reply. >(I'm not at my home computer or I would check it...

ANN: HTTPMP
HTTPMP is MAPI transport service provider used to access HTTP mail service accounts (commonly Hotmail). HTTPMP could be used with MAPI compatible client applications (such as Microsoft Office Outlook) to send/receive Hotmail messages in much the same way as POP3 transport. Supported features 1. Sending/receiving messages 2. MIME encoded messages 3. HTML, RTF and text formatted message body 4. Messages with attachments 5. LAN and dial-up mail service account access and polling 6. Auto dial and auto hang-up 7. Fast asynchronous Internet operations 8. Internet connection configuration page HTTP...

How do I find the inside page in the 3-panel brochure.
I am trying to make a 3-panel brochure and all that seems to be available is the side shown in the brochure options. When I print, it prints both sides yet I can see no way to access the inside part. Thanks. View, status bar... this will allow you to change page views, you will see the page tabs at the bottom of the screen. I am not sure I know what you are asking. Are you saying you are printing the brochure sight unseen? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "springmtn" <springmtn@discussions.microsoft.co...

Rank #3
I Have a list of about 50 differnt numbers. The numbers are constantly changing. I need to figure out who many points behind the highest score is each individual cell. Example: a1=50 a2=45 a3=33 a4=59 So in column B i want to say that a1 is 9 points behind the leader. A2 would be 14 points behind the leader. Any idea's? John in B1 put: =MAX(A:A)-A1 and drag down. Regards Trevor "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8099D9AE-476F-4240-998A-7B50F57E1E4A@microsoft.com... >I Have a list of about 50 differnt numbers. The numbers are...

value from field not accepted within onlineform (3.0 -> 4.0)
Hy, We just tried to update our running CRM 3.0 to 4.0 there where nearly no problems! (1 report was not upgradeable) We where very happy. but right now a real problem was discovered: the fields: longitude and latidude from the contact form are no more accepted. Enter a value beetween .... But the values do perfectly match within the range When I delete the values I can save the form. When there is any value in the fields it causes the error: Enter a value ... Best regards for any help ...

copying formulas #3
This is probably a simple question for most of you, but I have an exce file that contains approx. 400 sheets, with a summary sheet. How do copy a simple formula to read Cell B1, but the next sheet needs to rea Cell B2 and so on. Example: Sheet #1 is the summary, then sheets 2-40 have a title taken from the summary, so if I do a typical copy formula it keeps reading Cell B1. Hope my question is clear!!! Thanks -- Ladkin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ladkins's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3252 View t...

How do we close an invoice in version 3.0?
In version 1.2 we had an Action on the toolbar to close the invoice. Now we have nothing. I tried customizing the form and adding the statecode, but that field is Read-only and so it didn't help. We mass-print all of our invoices and need them to be closed (not deleted) once they are paid. HELP! Thanks, Karla So sorry!! I did not see Invoice Paid on the Actions menu once the invoice was open. Solved!!! "KK" wrote: > In version 1.2 we had an Action on the toolbar to close the invoice. > Now we have nothing. > > I tried customizing the form and adding...

Indirect and Address Functions to Determine Schedule #3
I am struggling with writing an Excel formula that I would greatl appreciate some help on. In theory this sounds quite simple. I have a table which shows th progression it takes, in months, to move from one 'level' to the next. Another larger table shows how a number of 'starting' individuals woul progress through their levels based on the progression table mentione earlier. e.g. [FONT=courier new]Progression Table[/FONT] ----------------------- Months Level One 1 Level Two 2 Level Three 3 etc. Duration Table # of People Jan Feb M...

i cannot send any emails through my CRM 3.0.
i cannot send any emails through my CRM 3.0. The strange thing is that i can only send emails to myself, but not anyone else. what should i check and where to detect the problem? Check the SMTP configuration on your CRM server. There is a good chance you chose the "default" SMTP setting during the setup and this requires SMTP to be configured on the server itself. You can run a "Repair" installation and it will allow you to change the SMTP config. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Maria" <Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

microsoft money 200 to quicken 2010
Is there any way to import a Microsoft money 2004 file into Quicken 2010? In microsoft.public.money, tulips wrote: >Is there any way to import a Microsoft money 2004 file into Quicken 2010? Yes. You would install the Money Plus free trial. That will convert your Money 2004 file to Money Plus. On the same computer install Quicken 2010, and make sure any updates are done. Then the Quicken converter will convert that Money file to Quicken. More details are available at: http://quicken.intuit.com/support/articles/getting-started/upgrading-and-conversion/7468.html - Mitch (from ...

Publisher 2002 file conversion error in Publisher 2003 printing
I have a file created and saved in Publisher 2002. The file is saved as a booklet to print on a tabloid paper. The file is fine when I look at it in print preview and print it using publisher 2002. However, when I open it in Publisher 2003 it appears fine unless I print preview or print it. The Publisher 2003 printing has graphic duplicates on several pages and leaves off items on other pages. Can you suggest a fix so I will be able to use Publisher 2003. I am running a new Dell XPS m170 with Office 2003 loaded. Thanks. I'd suggest an updated printer driver. Do you have objec...

include more than 3 data series as columns in combination chart
I am making a combination chart and am only able to include the first 3 data series with the column chart part. The rest of the series are all included with the second series which has a much larger value. On Tue, 26 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Cindy <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am making a combination chart and am only able to include the first 3 data >series with the column chart part. The rest of the series are all included >with the second series which has a much larger value. Ignore "combination" charts, you don't need the ...

Trendline Equation #3
MS Excel allows users to create a trendline on a plot based on a number of points. One option to display is the equation for the trendline that was created. How can I extract this equation?? I know copying and pasting the equation to a cell works, but I'm assuming there's a better way to get the equation. Thanks. Use the LINEST function. For more on how to use for functions other than linear graphs see Bernard Liengme's http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm If you must get the coefficients from the trendline, search google.com's archive of the XL n...

custom header #3
I would like to know how to set up a custom header which shows the data in a perticular cell (i.e. - C9 shows the number 100, so I want the header in all the pages,except the first, to show "100". Thank you One way is to use a macro. Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim myHeaderStr As String Dim iCtr As Long myHeaderStr = Worksheets("sheet3").Range("C9").Value For iCtr = 2 To Worksheets.Count Worksheets(iCtr).PageSetup.LeftHeader = myHeaderStr Next iCtr End Sub (I used c9 on sheet...

J2EE to CRM 3.0
Does anyone know how to get a J2EE app to access data held in CRM 3.0? TIA -- Simon Morris CRM exposes two public webservices, one for the businesslogic and one for the metadata. You should be able to connect to those webservices using J2EE. -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Simon Morris" <SimonMorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71EB635C-631C-49F7-A836-47900536CC64@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to get a J2EE app to access data held in CRM 3.0? > > TIA > -- > Simon Morris Hi Jeffry, Thanks for t...

Need to keep record of telephone conversions as in sales
I work from home and in sales i need to keep a record of my telephone conversations, i have outlook which i use but want a excell spreadsheet which i can see all my calls at once. In Excel, create a list of calls. In row 1, enter the headings, e.g. Data, Start, End, Name, etc. To enter the date, type: Ctrl + ; In another column, enter the Start time, by typing: Ctrl + : When the call ends, enter the end time in a third column, by typing: Ctrl + : In additional columns, enter other data about the call, e.g. Person called, purpose, outcome. tracy wrote: > I work from home and...

Conversion from Jet to SQL
I have a question on the conversion from the normal Jet engine Access to SQL. Our DBA is defining all of our current production tables to SQL and all of the table names are beginning with 'dbo_'. I was wondering if we can assign an alias to the table so we do not have to change all the queries to the new table name. Or if there is a better/different way to accomplish the conversion, I would love to hear that as well. Thanks for all your assistance. Just rename the tables in the Access front-end. The links will still work. "Bunky" <Bunky@discussions.microsoft....

Importing Records in to CRM 3.0
Hello, On a monthly basis, I import a CSV into the Leads area of CRM. This worked well in 1.2 where I was able to select the "Target" field(s). When I tried this same technique in 3.0, I noticed the "Target" field contained the target field info, but was disabled thus not allowing me to change if I want to. Is this new in 3.0 and if so, is there a work-around Hi Kathy, I guess the target fields which are disabled must be mandatory fields for the lead. In V3 it was enforced that mandatory field has to be mapped and so this restriction. If right source field is ...

Union Query with 3 tables
I'm trying to use a Union query with 3 tables to combine the following fields. Not all customers have a territory or broker; however, I would like al lthe customers listed in the output. Thanks for any help Customer Number from table 1 Territory Name from Table 2 Broker from table 3 What you are looking for is not a UNION query. A UNION query merges like data from multiple record sources into a single result set. In my experience, it's most common use is to normalize a poorly structured database. I believe what you want to do is create a query that links your Customer t...

3 Personal Folders
I have 3 copies of the same "Personal Folders" folder. They are all 3 exactly the same. When I right click on one of them to close it, the option is greyed out. How can I get rid of the extra two copies? To remove extra PST(s) from the folder list: Outlook 97 or Outlook 98/2000 (Corporate Mode) - On the Tools menu, click Services. - Highlight Personal Folders service you want to remove and click "Remove". Note: Standalone users require 1 Personal Folders Service. Those connecting to an Exchange server normally do not use a Personal Folders file when mail is kep...

Publisher cannot open the file #3
I upgraded Office Small Business Professional 2000 to SBP 2003. Now I cannot open files created in Publisher 2000. Please help - would have never bothered to upgrade had I known this was coming! Thanks Are you running Norton Antivirus by chance? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Publisher 2003 Upgrade" <Publisher 2003 Upgrade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55771BEE-74C1-4D58-9B89-2514A06C0B3E@microsoft.com... >I upgraded Office Small Business Professional 2000 to SBP 2003. Now I >cannot > open files created in Publisher 2000. P...

Help with calculation #3
On sheet2 I have a list of dates where A1 is 01 Jan 2004, A2 is 01 Feb 2004 etc through to 01 Oct 2005, against each date is a column of figures. So A1 is the date and B1 is the volume. On sheet1 I want to have a formula that will calculate the total volume between 2 dates selected by the user, where D7 is the earliest date and D9 is the latest date. So after they have input the dates the volumes between those dates will be totaled and shown in E10.(They will only be able to input dates for the 1st of the month - so as to match the data held on sheet2.)As you appreciate there will be more tha...