Quicken 2002 to Money 2004 conversion problems

I tried the conversion last night and, looking at the 
summary report, the conversion seemed to have gone well. 
But once I get into Money, I found that one of the 
checking accounts was missing and a savings account 
balance was being reported as a mutual fund investment. 

My Quicken file is large (from early 90's). I am using 
Money 2004 Premium on XP Pro. I would appreciate any help. 

Ram
0
10/8/2003 4:44:17 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

7 Replies
405 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 37

In microsoft.public.money, Ram R wrote:

>I tried the conversion last night and, looking at the 
>summary report, the conversion seemed to have gone well. 
>But once I get into Money, I found that one of the 
>checking accounts was missing

If it was not open in Quicken, you might open it and re-convert. If
that fails, you might consider exporting the account to a QIF file
and importing into Money. I know that is not the ideal.



> and a savings account 
>balance was being reported as a mutual fund investment. 

If you have a custom investment type, Money will interpret it as a
mutual fund. I don't know how that would happen for an account tho.


>
>My Quicken file is large (from early 90's). I am using 
>Money 2004 Premium on XP Pro. I would appreciate any help. 


0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/8/2003 4:58:01 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Ram R wrote:

>Thanks for your suggestion. I'll try it tonight and post 
>my observation here. First though, when you say, 
>
>>If it was not open in Quicken, you might open it and re-
>convert.
>
>do you mean, first I start Quicken 2002, open the register 
>for the missing account in Quicken, and while it's open in 
>Quicken, start Money 2004 and convert the Qdata file?

No. I meant that if the account was "closed" in Quicken, open it in
Quicken and then re-convert. I doubt that that is the case, but it
seemed to be a possibility.

But I was not suggesting that you have Quicken open while
converting.



0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/8/2003 5:59:39 PM
Ok, now I understand. No, the missing checking account is 
an active account.

I am thinking of exporting, in Quicken, one account at a 
time into QIF format and importing it into Money. 
Unfortunately I have bought the software and have to keep 
trying, however painful the conversion turns out to be.

Thanks for your response.

>-----Original Message-----
>In microsoft.public.money, Ram R wrote:
>
>>Thanks for your suggestion. I'll try it tonight and post 
>>my observation here. First though, when you say, 
>>
>>>If it was not open in Quicken, you might open it and re-
>>convert.
>>
>>do you mean, first I start Quicken 2002, open the 
register 
>>for the missing account in Quicken, and while it's open 
in 
>>Quicken, start Money 2004 and convert the Qdata file?
>
>No. I meant that if the account was "closed" in Quicken, 
open it in
>Quicken and then re-convert. I doubt that that is the 
case, but it
>seemed to be a possibility.
>
>But I was not suggesting that you have Quicken open while
>converting.
>
>
>
>.
>
0
10/8/2003 6:56:44 PM
When you import the QIF  files into Money, be sure to bring them in all
together (use Ctrl + click when asked which file to import). This gets round
any transfers being double counted.

-- 
Regards
Bob Peel,
Microsoft MVP - Money

 Hints/Tips
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
 UK Wishes/Suggestions
      mnyukwsh@microsoft.com

"Ram R." <ram_raghavan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:026401c38dcd$eaf06120$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> Ok, now I understand. No, the missing checking account is
> an active account.
>
> I am thinking of exporting, in Quicken, one account at a
> time into QIF format and importing it into Money.
> Unfortunately I have bought the software and have to keep
> trying, however painful the conversion turns out to be.
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >In microsoft.public.money, Ram R wrote:
> >
> >>Thanks for your suggestion. I'll try it tonight and post
> >>my observation here. First though, when you say,
> >>
> >>>If it was not open in Quicken, you might open it and re-
> >>convert.
> >>
> >>do you mean, first I start Quicken 2002, open the
> register
> >>for the missing account in Quicken, and while it's open
> in
> >>Quicken, start Money 2004 and convert the Qdata file?
> >
> >No. I meant that if the account was "closed" in Quicken,
> open it in
> >Quicken and then re-convert. I doubt that that is the
> case, but it
> >seemed to be a possibility.
> >
> >But I was not suggesting that you have Quicken open while
> >converting.
> >
> >
> >
> >.
> >


0
Bob_Peel (292)
10/8/2003 7:44:34 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Bob Peel, MVP wrote:

>When you import the QIF  files into Money, be sure to bring them in all
>together (use Ctrl + click when asked which file to import). This gets round
>any transfers being double counted.

Or only import the missing account. If there are duplicates, in the
other accounts as a result of transfers in that QIF import, the
newly-entered transfers can be found by sorting the registers for
those accounts by order of entry.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/8/2003 7:58:05 PM
Last night I did try to import the missing checking 
account into Money 2004. Money said that the account was 
already there and I couldn't do what I tried to do. 

Again, the first time Money converted the Quicken data, 
the report said everything went well and I could see the 
missing account listed under both Quicken and Money. So it 
seems to me that Money remembered it did the conversion, 
but seemed to have it hidden somewhere.

I'll try what Bob suggested: export into individual QIF 
files, but import them all together.

Thank you, gentlemen. I appreciate your efforts to help me 
out here.

>-----Original Message-----
>In microsoft.public.money, Bob Peel, MVP wrote:
>
>>When you import the QIF  files into Money, be sure to 
bring them in all
>>together (use Ctrl + click when asked which file to 
import). This gets round
>>any transfers being double counted.
>
>Or only import the missing account. If there are 
duplicates, in the
>other accounts as a result of transfers in that QIF 
import, the
>newly-entered transfers can be found by sorting the 
registers for
>those accounts by order of entry.
>
>.
>
0
10/8/2003 8:24:47 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Ram R. wrote:

>Last night I did try to import the missing checking 
>account into Money 2004. Money said that the account was 
>already there and I couldn't do what I tried to do. 

>
>Again, the first time Money converted the Quicken data, 
>the report said everything went well and I could see the 
>missing account listed under both Quicken and Money. So it 
>seems to me that Money remembered it did the conversion, 
>but seemed to have it hidden somewhere.
>
Hmmm. See if the file somehow came across as closed. Uncheck
AccountList->SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts.


One more thing. When you File->Import a QIF it asks if it is a
statement or new or recovered account. If you select Statement for a
checking account, it should be able to merge into an existing
account and even ignore duplicate entries.


>I'll try what Bob suggested: export into individual QIF 
>files, but import them all together.

You can try that too. Use a different file so that you can select
which file you want to go forward with. It is good to have a copy or
two of files also to experiment with.


>
>Thank you, gentlemen. I appreciate your efforts to help me 
>out here.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/8/2003 9:42:47 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

2005 accounts from 2004
Using 2004. Install 2005. It auto's over to the bank and downloads every account I have. Of the 9 accounts, I only want 4 in 2005. I can co\lose the unwanted accounts, but can not deleate them without deleating all of the accounts. All my reports are distorted because of the unwanted accounts. How can I get rid of the extra accounts? ...

Using a two-dimensional array in Excel 2002 or 2003
I am trying to improve my coding skills in Excel VBA and I just can't seem to find a good, very basic, example of how to use a 2-dimensional array. I've looked in several reference books & browsed VBA Forums but can't find an example I can understand. What I was trying to do was define a 3 x 4 Array that has a data type of Single. My sample data is located in Cells E1:H3. E F G H 1 3.4 8.1 11.6 100.3 2 5.2 7.3 45.2 632.4 3 1.7 9.6 39.7 161.5 I've been trying to use the LBound and UBound functions too, thinkin...

Solver Problem
Hopefully, I have posted this in the right place . . . . I have a 2 page spreadheet. Page 1 contains data (customers, depots and locations) and a summary of the results Page 2 contains all the messy calculations (essentially calc cost of delivering to a number customers, each customer can be delivered to from a number of depots, pick a the chepaest depot for each customer, all up the total cost for all customers) I want to pick locations for the depots so that the total cost is smallest. So I tell it to use only one depot and ask solver to change the coordinates to minimise total cost.. Work...

Debt Plan on MSFT 2004
I tried to set up a debt plan on money 2004. I inputed all the information and said that I wanted to make monthly payments of $350. The problem is when it set up a payment schedule for me it said that I should pay $2,000 for the first month. Is there a way to fix this so I can get payments that are more sane or is this just the way that the debt planner works? We are having the same problem. Have you been able to fix it? Ryan >-----Original Message----- >I tried to set up a debt plan on money 2004. I inputed >all the information and said that I wanted to make monthly ...

upload to money 2003
I have Money 2000. The backup to floppy disks doesn't seem to upload into my new money 2003. How do we do this? File|Restore??? "Gerry Youngman" <gyoungman@comcast.net> wrote in message news:089601c38163$8c46a010$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have Money 2000. The backup to floppy disks doesn't > seem to upload into my new money 2003. How do we do this? ...

Money 2004
I've got a handful of transactions that when money autocompletes them, they have no category or an incorrect category. Everytime I go back and correct the category, but the next time, my corrections never show up. How can I get the corrections to stick? Or delete the existing autocomplete entry so I can recreate it. Thanks. Ray. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- ...

Mapping Cutom Picklist Problems
I am having a problem mapping a custom picklist. I created a custom attribute called New_Lender in three entities Opportunity, Quote, & Orders. I mapped these in several ways. From "Opportunity to Quote", "Quote to Order" and "Opportunity to Order". When I create an opportunity and select the appropriate lender from the picklist and continue up the process to quote or order the lender picklist does not map. I already have created other pick lists in this same way and they behave ok. I checked to see that the read only integers for the picklist matched up betwe...

Help with Exchange 5.5 Queue problem
Okay, first off, I inherited this Exchange server. It has been over 5 years since I last touched one of these. Client noticed that no e-mails were being sent out. I checked the IMC queues and they were packed full of email going to .tw, .fr, .de, etc. Disconnected the ethernet cable from the back of the box. Ran the much needed virus check and got rid of 225 Netsky and Beagle viruses. Reran a few times just to be on the safe side - server is clean (latest norton updates). And made sure that relaying was also turned off - just for fun. Cleaned out the queues (deleted the contents of the ...

2005 Upgrade from 2004 Issues
I am a long time user of Money. I was using 2004 and upgraded to 2005. I have run into several issues. Some I could fix and some I am still trying to deal with. I still have time to go back and reload 2004 and not lose too much. Here were my issues. -For some reason, several of the begining balances did not come over. This caused my account balances to be off. (I fixed these) -The bills and Deposits is 5 times longer with many repeats for some strange reason. It will not even let me edit them. (Might have to delete all and reenter??) -My 401k account and another investment accou...

importing old money info into new PC with money 2004
group, We bought a new PC, installed MS money 2004, and now want to import the records from the old box to the new one. Does any one know the path for doing so. Thank you, Dave- In microsoft.public.money, David U. wrote: > We bought a new PC, installed MS money 2004, and now >want to import the records from the old box to the new >one. Does any one know the path for doing so. If you can do it easily, copy the .mny file to the new box into your Documents folder. Double-click it in Windows Exp...

Money Import Handler doesn't work anymore in Money Deluxe 2006
It used to, for years, but now whenever I download an account statement, whether from my bank or from a credit card account, the statement gets downloaded, apparently, but Money doesn't do anything with it. If I save the downloaded .OFX file, instead of choosing the Money Import Handler, I can then go to File - Import - Download Statement and Money uses the data correctly. Under Tools - Settings - Online Service Settings, the following options are chosen: Overwrite transaction dates... Replace downloaded payee name... Automatically mark accepted transactions... Enter electronic pay...

Microsoft Money Standard 2005
After downloading this new program, I cannot get in. It gives me the message... "Unable to load the Registration library (DLL). What do I need to do to fix this? In microsoft.public.money, KingSalmon wrote: >After downloading this new program, I cannot get in. >It gives me the message... >"Unable to load the Registration library (DLL). > >What do I need to do to fix this? See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288768 helps. ...

E-Mail-Router Problem
CRM-Version 3 RTM (german) We have the problem, that while trying to route incomming e-mails to CRM the following soap-error-messsage in the event-viewer appears as mentioned below. We created an dissabled account ("CRMRouter") on AD for the e-mail-Router and activated the "CRMMailEnabled"-attribute. After installing the Router on the exchange-server we used the rule-deployment-assistant to create the rule for copying the mails, which are send to an specific user to the CRMRouter-account. Then the router should take this mails and create activities in CRM. But we...

OL2002 Folder refresh problem
Hi all, I already posted this request, now I try to be more specific. I've 2 pc with MSOffice 2002 sp2 (I done Office Update). Here, when new mail arrives in inbox, I don't see "New mail message" alert until I click somewhere in OL folder treeview. As the same, if I send a mail, I see my message in Outbox even if mail is already delivered. When I click somewhere in treeview my mail goes in "Sent items". Note: Mail server has MSExchange 2000 sp3. Clients with OL2000 or OL2002 SP1 have no problems. -- Giulio Searching and searching and searching... I found s...

Exchange 5.5: License problem stopping outgoing mail for new users. (urgent)
Hi, We have an Exchange 5.5 mailserver on 2000Server, and a 2003 server as main server, both are in the Active Dir and the mailserver has been DCPromo:ed. Problem: I activated the licensing service on the servers a while ago, and since then the last added user, and any user I add, cannot send mail externally. Internal mail sends fine, but anything external comes back as "Message delivery failed due to a limitation in the system". (translated from Swedish) When I look at the licenses for Exchange, at the 2003- server, I see 116 CALs. We use about 50 (per seat). When I look a...

Exchange 2007 problem replying or forwarding certain emails through OWA
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01CB0D66.C0DA2C20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This is a weird one, hoping for some guidance. I have a strictly OWA user reporting issues trying to forward/reply = certain emails that are in his Sent Items folder. I'm able to duplicate = the issue here from a completely different PC. The vast majority of = emails seem fine, but when replying/forwarding some of the emails OWA = triggers an error. All emails that I can find to trig...

Keynote Speakers Announced for XML 2004
Keynote Speakers for XML 2004 Announced Speakers Include Executives from IBM, Microsoft, DaimlerChrysler; World's Largest XML Trade Conference Slated for Nov. 15-19 in Washington, D.C. Alexandria, Va. August 17, 2004 - IDEAlliance, a leading industry association dedicated to fostering XML and other information technology standards, today announced the keynote speakers for XML Conference and Exposition 2004, being held Nov. 15-19 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, D.C. The keynote presenters are: " Michael Daconta, Metadata Program Man...

Excel XP 2002 compatibility with older versions (macros)
I have developed a spreadsheet that has macros in it. I have sent it out to be used by others, but an error message pops up when those with older versions of Excel try to use the macro. Is there something I can do to make this macro work for those with older versions of Excel? That depends entirely on exactly WHAT the error message is. If you are using VBA functions that correspond to features not available in the older version(s) of Excel, then you'll have to remove that code. Potentially you can alter it to do it the "old" way so that it works, or you can perform a tes...

Problem with keyboard input being locked in a form
I have a *very* weird problem (Access 97) that first developed sporadically a couple of days ago while working, and that now happens all the time. The symptom is this: When I try to edit the controls on the form, keyboard input is ignored. It's not the keyboard, because in the Immediate Window I can still type. It's not a record lock, because I can open the table and edit the record without problems. The controls are not locked if I check the .Locked property in the Immediate window. The underlying recordsource is not uneditable because I can change values in the underlying ...

Money
This has been going on for many days. Please address this problem. "Greg K" <Greg K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20ED6E8B-08EB-4E86-9C6A-72562CF95BEF@microsoft.com... > This has been going on for many days. Please address this problem. If you think posting something here will have an affect, you're wrong. MS or rather MS Supplier is working on it. The NAV is actually changing but the date isn't. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do no...

Grouping/ungrouging problem
I have several rows which give me the totals of information in other sheets. Let's put it graphically: This is my main sheet: _____________________________________ : Type 1 Type 2 : Category A 50 40 : Category B 20 10 : -------------------- : TOTAL 70 50 : :____________/ Sheet 1 - Totals \____________ The information of the different categories come from sheets like this: _____________________________________ : Date Type 1 Type 2 : xx/xx/xx 15 ...

Work Order Partial Close Problem
Does anyone know of a way to close a partial Work Order where the deposit is not equal to the full amount. For example- Customer comes in and orders 4 pieces of furniture for $1000 and pays deposit of $600. 3 pieces we have in stock and deliver them to customer, 1 piece out standing on Purchase Order 10 week delivery. 3 pieces delivered retail for $600 and we would like to close them off the Work Order. If the Order had a deposit for the full amount no problem. As POS is, it will not let you do a Partial Pick Up if the order is not paid in full. Thanks in advance, Edward Jensen ...

export problems for Excel
Hi all, Some of our users experience problems with exports to MS Excel. The thing is that currencies are not recognized by Excel as such, e.g. the Est. Revenue (from the Opportunity view) column is displayed there as text. Trying to resolve this by changing the format for the column in Excel actually doesn't help, as the figures e.g. can still not be used for formulas. Is this fixed by changing general settings in Excel? Can someone tell what settings? Thank you for replying, Basman What version of Excel are your users running? I haven't been able to recreate this. When I expor...

Problem in saving data in the customized case entity
Hi all, We have a Customized Case Entity in CRM 3.0 about a Patient ,with each case having detailed information like history,insurance,case contacts,Schedules etc On Visit Schedules, we have attributes like order shipped date and fax order received etc. when I enter the shipped date and save it the modified by field has the System account instead of the user who is modifying. We have to reassign the system user to the User who is actually modifying it manually.This happens for all the users in CRM. Can anyone guess where the problem could be? Thanks Karthik Generally, the SYSTEM us...

Import/Export Contacts with Microsoft Outlook to Money 2004 premium
I am trying to figure out how to use the new feature that allows a user to Import/Export Contacts with Microsoft Outlook through money 2004 premium ...