Quicken'04 to Money (Trial) did not transfer any transactions or balances

After going thru the install, and conversion of Q'04 to Money, Money
re-created all the accounts, and on the confirmation dialogue box it
reported(correctly ) the account balances that it would import.
However, none of the transactions showed up, and all the account
balances are equal to zero.
I imported the data file, as well as attempted to bring in the QIF(but
shouldn't have had to).  Got an error message.

Any suggestions?

Pierre

0
yippy (2)
11/2/2003 3:05:44 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Since M04 doesn't support conversion of Q04 files, I'm surprised you got
anything.

"Yippy" <yippy@snippy.net> wrote in message
> After going thru the install, and conversion of Q'04 to Money, Money
> re-created all the accounts, and on the confirmation dialogue box it
> reported(correctly ) the account balances that it would import.
> However, none of the transactions showed up, and all the account
> balances are equal to zero.
> I imported the data file, as well as attempted to bring in the QIF(but
> shouldn't have had to).  Got an error message.

Nowhere, did it indicate before or during the conversion process that
what I was attempting wasn't supported.  Thanks for the reply.

You know the old saying: "The big print giveth, and small print taketh
away".

Dick Watson wrote:
> Since M04 doesn't support conversion of Q04 files, I'm surprised you got
> anything.
>
> "Yippy" <yippy@snippy.net> wrote in message
>
>>After going thru the install, and conversion of Q'04 to Money, Money
>>re-created all the accounts, and on the confirmation dialogue box it
>>reported(correctly ) the account balances that it would import.
>>However, none of the transactions showed up, and all the account
>>balances are equal to zero.
>>I imported the data file, as well as attempted to bring in the QIF(but
>>shouldn't have had to).  Got an error message.

0
yippy (2)

Transferring a file
Hi, I want to transfer a file generated from great plains to a FTP server ,i don't know how to acess a FTP through dexterity . please advice Thanks in advance Interesting scenario... I think I'd look at finding a COM object/library or ..Net assembly that could do the communicating, and use that. Haven't needed something like that, but I'm sure they're out there. If not, I guess you could roll your own, if you know another programming language as well. There's on-line help and manuals on talking to external libraries. The fun will be getting that extern...

Why does Money hide my account numbers?
I am trying to review my credit report and there is one item on there that doesn't look right, and must be at least 6 years old. My credit reporting agency shows me all but the last 4 digits of the account. Money, on the other hand, shows me only the last 4 digits. Worthless. I can understand if some people are paranoid and don't want someone looking over their shoulder at account numbers, but if that is the case, make everything XXXXX on the screen because they can see your balances too! Is anyone really served by this decision the Money team made? Oh well, back to opening each clos...

Bank Rec
Please make the Outstanding Transactions Report in Bank Rec: 1) print automatically when a Reconciliation is performed 2) reprintable We have been asked for this by almost every customer that is using Bank Rec. Thanks! Victoria ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

how do i transfer my contact list from outlook to mobile phone
how do i transfer my contact list from microsoft outlook to my black berry mobile phone "becks" <becks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:860C96FF-81B3-4319-836A-D2606811A958@microsoft.com... > how do i transfer my contact list from microsoft outlook to my black berry > mobile phone See the documentation for your Blackberry... ...

microsoft money plus home & business trial. v 17.0.150.727
im having issues accessing my file. i used windows live to access my money file which saved email address & password. I went to dallas for 2 days now its asking for a money password which i did not setup. what should i do? See http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.aspx MS may well be doing server work that affects logins. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "moneymakingmoneyman" <mon...

how to print a blank invoice in money 2004?
ok there has got to be a way to print a blank invoice in money 2004 right? the program would be useless to most people if you can't print a blank one for the service call away from your desk so please if you have done this show me how I,m new at this thanks jim I don't think you can without first designating a customer. And then, MSMo won't let you print an invoice without adding at least one item. I would suggest you greate a invoice in Excel, powerpoint or word to take with you -- or better yet stop in Staples a buy a bunch of blank invoices for a couple of bucks. &g...

"How does Money Get These Numbers?"
Hi! I know that there's a link to a rather vague answer for the above question in Microsoft Money, when it comes to how Money calculates existing data to crunch trended/budgeted items or spread a trended budget item across the cash forecast graph. The help entry shrugs it off like "Money uses your existing data." Duh. Does anyone have ideas of EXACTLY how Money totals and divides your existing budget items to create a budget entry? Does it add the value up and total by the number of months you've recorded? (My experiments don't line up close enough for me to be sure that...

Incorrect balances #2
Everytime I balance my money account, when I gert the next statement the balance has changed in the program. I am also find items that have been reconciled no longer reconciled. What is happening, it's a nightmare. I am really beginning to hate this program, but I need to get it fixed. It has really messed up my finances. One source of this problem is that M02 had the following nasty habit: a scheduled transaction that was marked reconciled then added to the scheduled bills and deposits from the r-click Add to bills and deposits menu records reconciled when entered into the regis...

MS 2005 Deluxe trial posted
http://www.microsoft.com/money/freetrial_info.mspx Thanks Chris! Greg "Chris Cowles" <NoSpam@For.me> wrote in message news:OScF0FRpEHA.692@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > http://www.microsoft.com/money/freetrial_info.mspx > ...

Money 2004 smrtinet.ini
I have Money Small Business 2004. When I try to download updates for Money, the updates fail most of the time. The error is like this, "Money encountered an error processing the download file SMRTINET.INI". >> what is the cause of this error? >> Has anyone else seen this? Thanks, J H In microsoft.public.money, Home User wrote: >I have Money Small Business 2004. When I try to download updates for Money, >the updates >fail most of the time. The error is like this, "Money encountered an error >processing the download >file SMRTINET.INI". I...

10,000+ Website Hits/Day = Making Money!!
Are you looking for an inexpensive way to increase traffic to your website? Then, how about Free? Join the thousands who are participating and watching their site visits soar!! Banner explode members receive as many as 10,000 visits per day. One webmaster from Arkansas gets an average of 15,000 visits per day to his personal music home page. The system is very simple which is why it produces such great results. This is free and open to all sites profit or not. By displaying a total of 5 banners on your web page, in a few months you will have your banner displayed on a minimum of 50,000 web p...

Money 2006 expiring; what to upgrade to?
Well, my Money 2006 online features are expiring soon. Today I decided to download the 60 day trial of Money Essentials. It seems to have all the features I need. After installing, it won't open (or upgrade) my 2006 money file. "Money Essentials is unable to open files from others versions of Money." Is the a limitations of the trial (although it says the trial is not crippled in anyway)? What do I need to purchase to continue using my money file? I see Essentials only comes with 1-yr online features. Plus Deluxe has 2-yr. I don't see a trial of Plus Deluxe. PS...

Money 2005 open a MSN file in MONEY
I would like to use Money 2005 to open a portfolio file that was created while using the msn website. How can I do this? In microsoft.public.money, Helixal wrote: >I would like to use Money 2005 to open a portfolio file that was created >while using the msn website. How can I do this? That is not going to happen with Money 2005. It may be possible with later versions of Money; I have not tried it. I am interested in this approach since I have not been able to get Money 2005 to sync to my portfolio on the msn website. In a round about way I am able to update prices, but I am no...

SOP Transfer Log
To be able to reprint SOP Transfer Log report. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d369cb0a-e3fe-40b2-8690-8ceda8ac8cd2&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains ...

Money 2004 passport problems
Money 2004 refuses to sign in using my passport. I am logged in to MSN messenger and hotmail.com... obviously my passport works. Any ideas? -Shaun I'm having exactly the same problem. I am on a corporate network with a proxy server, but I have no trouble with my passport for any other sites/services. If I can sign in to the Microsoft support, I should be able to sign in to my passport within Money. I've submitted a support email, so we'll see what the response is. >-----Original Message----- >Money 2004 refuses to sign in using my passport. I am >logged i...

Money not updating online
It seems that Money goes to www.spcomstock.com to get quote updates (look in my information sheet) ... however that site has change to www.comstock- interactivedata.com. Now online updating in Money doesn't work ... at least mine doesn't. Try to go to the www.spcomstock.com and you'll time out with an error. I don't see any way to change how money accesses the web site. Thoughts .... am I off base. Have read other notes on the subject and suggestions around firewalls etc. I haven't changed mine, but just in case turned it off and still money won't update....

Transactions status in Money 2004
I use MS Money 2004. By default when I create new transaction in register it has "unreconciled" status. But I have need to mark all my previous and future transactions as "cleared". Now I see single way is manually adjust each transaction to change its status. 1) Is it possible to set default status in 'cleared' to all future transactions I'll enter? 2) Is any way to process all already entered transactions & change status for them? Thank you. Why would you want to clear transactions by default? "Dmitry" <dmitry4@hotmail.com> wrote i...

Money 2003
I have refinanced my mortgage and I'm having problems recording the transaction in Money. Here are the details... My old mortgage at the old bank has been closed in Money and seems to have worked fine. However when I refinanced the new mortgage came in at $121,000 which is higher than the old mortgage of 105,000. I needed the extra $15,000 to finish my basement. The new bank registered a mortgage for $121,000 paid out the old bank $105,000 and gave me $16,000. The problem is how do I get the additional $16,000 into money without calling it Income??? I hope you can follow t...

Account # in a liability transaction
I opened up a liability account. I have several bills come in with different account #'s, I'm consolidating all those particular Bills into this one liability account, I would like to track these Bills within the account by the account #, I would normally just put the account # in the slot were the check # would go in Quicken when I used it, and then I could sort that account by the "check number" . In the Money Liability account the "check #" slot is not available. Any suggestions? ...

Money 2004
When I imported my 401k QIF files Money is not totalling things up correctly. I have six mutual funds, two of which I sold out of earlier this year (so I'm in four now.) All of the individual purchase amounts are correct it's just the "total account value" tallies low. When I add up the line total of the 4 funds I'm invested in now, this number is correct.. Is there a way to link the sales I made in the two funds to the purchases I made in the others? Would this correct my 401k "total account value" problem? ...

Have Money 2006--want to downgrade to 2005
I just purchased a new laptop with Money 2006. On my old laptop which died I was using 2005. My online bank does not support Money 2005 for downloading transactions. How do I downgrade to Money 2005? Can I just uninstall M 2006 and install M 2005? Can I them import my M 2006 files which have be upgraded? Thanks Answers inline. "jjocarbone" <jjocarbone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60C7005A-2BB7-4545-B2A7-C4C53DA043B2@microsoft.com... >I just purchased a new laptop with Money 2006. On my old laptop which died >I > was using 2005. My online ba...

Windows 2003 server Standard Edition 180 day Trial software link
Hi Guys. Can anyone provide me with a link to be able to download a 180 day trial version of windows 2003 server (not R2) standard edition. I want to build a test lab for testing out domain migration to windows 2008 server and exchange 2010. Am planning on doing this soon on our 2003 domain. Ive tried searching the microsoft site for it without much success. thanks Hello Jason, Since Server 2008 is released the trial versions are not longer available. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers ...

Money SDK
Hi, I am looking after a way to create add-ins for Money 2005 - ala the ones you can create for Office products. Is there a SDK for this or is this impossible? Regards Soren In microsoft.public.money, "Soren Skovsen" <Soren Skovsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I am looking after a way to create add-ins for Money 2005 - ala the ones you >can create for Office products. Is there a SDK for this or is this impossible? No. ...

M2005D
Two of my account balances no longer match as between the balance in the register (correct) and the balance on the account list (incorrect). I am notified each time that I open these accounts about the discrepancy. I followed the procedure in KB 838713 (which does not indictate that it works for 2005) and, using method 3, discovered the three future transactions that cause the discrepancy. However, i am unable to fix the problem using the methods described in KB 838713. Anyone have suggestions for fixing this? how it happened in the first place? None of the three future transac...

Transferring Trial version files to full version
I bought a copy of Money Delux & Business and started using it. Recently, I purchased a new laptop, which came with a trial version of Money, for a lengthy road trip. After weeks of inputting expenses for the trip, I tried transferring the files to my desktop version of Deluxs & Business. The results was a total failure. It will NOT restore any backup file made in the trial version. It will NOT read a copy of the (non-backup) file from my laptop. I get a variety of error messages including an invalid source path (not true) and statements that my file(s) are write protec...