Question on Budgets for Money 2005

I am considering buying Money 2005.  I have a question about the budget
feature in Money 2005.  I was wondering if you can specify when the budget
starts and ends each month.  For instance, my budget goes from the middle of
the month to the middle of the next month.

Thanks for your help.
0
anonymous (74722)
9/19/2004 3:59:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

The budget stuff has changed a bit (advanced budget (same as 2004) versus
the 'essential' budget), but having budgets running from custom dates is not
one of them.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
if it's a UK specific wish.

"anonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am considering buying Money 2005.  I have a question about the budget
> feature in Money 2005.  I was wondering if you can specify when the budget
> starts and ends each month.  For instance, my budget goes from the middle
> of
> the month to the middle of the next month.
>
> Thanks for your help.

0
glyn1 (1534)

Get a jump on 2005 Taxes
I was running Money 07's tax advisor and it suggested I get a jump on the 2005 taxes. Haven't we already done those? LOL. Another thing I noticed is that Money 2007 looks really dated compared to Internet Explore 7 and Office 2007. But if it runs faster, I'd rather it look dated. If they'd actually make it work better and add some useful features for sophisticated financial management, it could look like M95 again and I'd still be happy. "SteveC" <sconklan@myyahoo.com> wrote in message news:OQaWDUTsGHA.372@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > But if i...

Installation question
Hello, I was requested to downgrade a computer at my office to XP. I used a keyfinder to locate the product key for her office installation since the packaging could not be found. I noticed that the product was Office Pro Plus 2007. There is no install disk for Pro Plus 2007 in the office, only for Pro 2007. I did a test run on a spare computer just to verify it would work with her product key, and it shows invalid. Will the product key only work when installing with Pro Plus or did I just copy it down incorrectly? Thanks for any help. Seth Office Pro Plus is a Volume...

budget forcasting in 2004
it seems that budget forcasting in 2000 has been replaces by cash flow forcasting in 2004, i prefer the old way, is there anyway to duplicate the budget forcasting display in 2004? ...

Budget amounts wrong, Please help!!
Here is my delema. In Microsoft Money 2004 I have set up my budget and all was great until I was reviwing my current budget status. Under some of my expenses it shows the budgeted amount as double what (and sometimes triple) what it should be. If I choose one of these items and click edit it shows the box with the choice of editing "a Bill in this category" or "An additional expnese in this category" Under "a Bill in this category" it has a pull down menu and it shows the same item more than once. Only one of the identical choices can be used and it...

Question about the duplicate mail
Do anyone have the question about the duplicate mail? I have question on it. When I send mail to two same address, the receiver will only receive one copy. (For example: I send mail to person 'A', 'B'. And 'B' will forward to 'A'). In the past(I have use another mail server), 'A' will receive two copy. Now (using exchange server) 'A' will receive only one copy. In the case, is it normal for exchange, or is there any option to set exchange server to receive two copy. This is normal. Prevents multiple copies when sending to multiple disti...

money 2007: moving from essential to advanced budget
How can I move from essential budget to advanced budget without typing all my information over again? You are unable to the advanced budget in 2007 was designed only to be used as a new budget. Steve "MarkB" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:uiSNDyuCHHA.3624@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How can I move from essential budget to advanced budget without typing all > my information over again? > You can access the advanced budget by navigating to money://navigate/newadvbgt in the Money address bar. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps...

OWA Question #19
Hello All: We have a public folder containing a shared address book. I would like to have this available in owa in teh drop down menu where the global address list appears......just as it is when using outlook locally. Is there anyway to accomplish this? Thanks ...

Installing MOney 04
I am trying to install Money 2004 and It keeps asking for the MOney 2001 disk (which I don't have) What can I do? ...

Money 2004/05
I have recently purchased a new computer and installed Money onto the new computer (Money version says Copyright 2004, but I think it is 2005 version). I have then simply copied across the data files My Money Backup (Microsoft Money backup File) and my money backup2 (Microsoft Money file) to the new computer...For some reason I just cannot get Money to open the data files on the new computer. When I try to open the Money file, I receive the following message; "Money will convert your file so that you can work with it in Money. First, Money will make a copy of your original file, ...

Deleting "overdue" recurring bills on "my money" home page
Hopefully somebody can help me with this problem. I use Microsoft Money 2006 - Esential Bills. The problem is that I keep getting reminders on my money home page indicating that I still have some overdue bills dating back to 2006! These bills have already been paid I am unable to delete these reminders. I have gone to the "bill calendar" to skip or edit the transaction but I get a message saying "you have selected a transaction with an earlier payment date - select only the earliest occurrence and they you can record or skip the transaction." I have followed t...

Money and Mac
I know that Microsoft does not make a copy of Money for Macintosh, so how hard/easy will it be to switch to Quicken and convert my Money files to the Quicken format ? I am using Money 2007. I assume you intend to convert to the QuickenMac version? If so, there seems to be consensus that Q-Mac is a flawed product that gets little attention from Quicken. It has fewer features and more bugs, and has yet to be updated for Mac's Intel chips (that's coming in '08). I'm considering a switch to Mac. If so, I'm resigned to running Money under Windows. "HowdyDoody" ...

Check printing option in Money
I recently downloaded Money Essentials. I was previously using Money 2004 and was printing checks from my printer (onto pre-printed checks I ordered from my bank). Now that I have Money Essentials I want to continue to print checks from my printer, but I cannot find this option anywhere! The online option seems to be entering a check number, whereas before I was able to select the payment method as 'Print Check' and print the check on the next avilable check number. Please help, I am unable to pay bills right now! Don't know for sure, but I'd bet that printing checks...

Account balance dsicrepencies within Money 2004 Premium?
I have been using Money 2004 Premium for about six months now and love it. It is so easy to use and has really helped me get a handle on where my money is going and getting my finances under control. This has really been helpful with my "Total Money Makeover". However, I do have one, very small problem. A few months ago a 1 cent discrepency popped up in one account. I have one account with a very small balance of $210.74. The Money account register says $210.74, my bank statements say $210.74, my bank's online info says $210.74 and Money and my bank agree whenever I syn...

Basic Pivot Table Question (using 97)
Prior to a week ago I had never heard the term "Pivot Table." I am now working on building a fairly complex workbook and I am thinking that maybe some of what I am doing might be best accomplished using one, but I don't actually understand what it is, or what it does. The various lookup functions just don't seem to be strong/flexible enough for what I am doing. Would someone please explain in "plain english" what a pivot table is and what it does/allows you to do. All the information I have seen seem to assume the possession of this basic knowledge, an...

Novice Question
Ok, firstly, sorry for the very general question! Basically, I have coded a program using MFC. It is Dialog Based and consists of some textfields and a few buttons. My program is called DCP and the App Wizard created a DCP.cpp and DCPDlg.cpp files for me (and a few others). The bulk of the functionality of my program is written in the DCPDlg.cpp file - is this correct? For example, when I created a button and clicked on it in the resource (dialog) view it automatically puts a function for it in the DCPDlg.cpp file i.e. void CDCPDlg::OnButtonPrint() { // Do some stuff here } I have ne...

Question about autocoloring cells?
Hi all, I have a question about autocoloring cells, rows, columns, etc. This is not about conditional formatting - it's about, for example, coloring every other row automatically per some function or style setup. The example I have is a row-based database of recruiters. As my contacts list grows and shrinks, I have been having to manually recolor every other row light blue for visibility purposes. Not that much of a hassle but (a) I'd prefer not to do it and (b) if Excel has a way to do it for me, so much the better, I learn a new feature of Excel. Is there a way that Excel can a...

Default Font for Register in Money Deluxe 2004
Using a Dell 19" monitor set to 1280 x 1024 resolution. The font that is used as default for the Check Register is so small that it is practically unreadable. Is there any way to change to a larger font? I realize that font size can be changed in Reports, but I have not found a way to change font in Check Register. I am a long time user of Quicken and this is not a problem in the old Windows 3.1 version. Any thoughts would be appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Thomas Cox wrote: >Using a Dell 19" monitor set to 1280 x 1024 resolution. >The font that is used as ...

PPC MONEY 2005
Why is it taking so long to get the Pocket PC Version for 2005 ready for download ? This is so aggravating that Microsoft would do this knowing people want to use there Pocket pc also. It doesn't have enough bugs yet.... "Pocket Money 2005" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41ca01c4aaee$f26fd450$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Why is it taking so long to get the Pocket PC Version for > 2005 ready for download ? This is so aggravating that > Microsoft would do this knowing people want to use there > Pocket pc also. As soon as it's r...

Connection string to SQL Server to 2005
Hi, We have a software that we need to install on our users machines. During the installation process looks like it is trying to create a datbase in our sql server 2005. Here is the connectiong string that is generated by during the insallation process Persist Security Info=False;Integrated Security=true;Initial Catalog=DriverAccess;Server={ip address};Network Library=dbnmpntw;Application Name=Radiolinks Driver Access Manager When I include the IP address and move on and complete the installation it says that the installation was successfull. I see it available under Start/Pr...

Column chart question
How can I group data in column chart? _Week_ _Day_ _Qty_ 1- Fri - 200 2- Fri- 350 3- Fri- 150 1- Sat- 225 2 - Sat -200 3- Sat -100 How do I make column chart with all Fri together and all Sat togethe and label the weeks -- rajgopa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rajgopal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=728 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31952 You could create a pivot table with Weeks & Days as your axis. So you will get a table like: ... ...

very basic accounting question regarding great plains modules
I will preface this by saying I'm the IT guy here, not the accounting guy, so I may get some details wrong. Our accounting dept uses microsoft dynamics/gp and is trying to reconcile payments made to health insurance to the general ledger. The payments are all made individually in payroll but need to be totalled to reconcile against the lump sum paid to the insurance company. The person in charge out there says that 'the modules won't talk to eachother', I am assuming this is the AP module and the Payroll module, but I could be wrong. Is this true? The modules won't talk...

question #5
I have normal excel document consisted of 2 columns A and B. In each columns there are 4000 rows. In each row is url adress in form: http://www.studiotatjana.com I want new list of urls in column C which is sum of values in column A and B. So there will be 8000 urls in column C. But there needs to be only one rule. If value in one row of 4000 row in column A is identical to any value in any row in column B then that value do not go to colum C. I want that if one url adress can be fund in column A and B that that url is deleted and do not go to column C. All values in colum A are difere...

US and Canadian bank accounts
I purchased the US version of MS money 2007 home & business a few weeks back. I have accounts in both Canada and US. Though I have no problem in connecting to US bank accounts, I do not find a list of any of my Canadian banks. I know this may how US version ships, but I am sure there are people out there with foreign accounts like my self. Can the pros out there give me a few tips to go about this 'obsticle' I just hit? In microsoft.public.money, Apkesh wrote: >I purchased the US version of MS money 2007 home & business a few weeks back. > I have accounts in b...

Database Runtime Question
I am designing a database in Access 2003. It is almost complete other then the fact I need to create a runtime for it to enable PCs without Access to view the database. My question is, when the runtime is created and installed on the PCs that need it, if I need to add or make changes to the database will the users with the runtime program be able to see these changes or would I need to create a new runtime for them to see the changes? Thanks in advance for your responses, they are appreciated:) -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/...

Newbie and use of lookup question?
I hope I posted this question in the right forum this time. I am newbie here and is having hard time in doing this. I have an excel workbook which has two sheets Grp1 and Grp2 within these sheets i have unit and id columns, what I am trying to do is find out the combination of unit and id column which is on Grp1 but not on Grp2 tab. Can I use the Lookup function for this.Could you all please help? -- manasi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ manasi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27411 View this thread: ht...