Question about restarting money

It has been over a year since I have updated my money
account.  I am ready to start again, but don't know the
best way to start over.  Do I just start a new account or
try to update the old one in some way?

any advice will be appreciated
Grace
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Unless you want to input a year's worth of transactions the easiest way is
to create a new file. File > New

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

 Hints/Tips
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
 UK Wishes/Suggestions
      mnyukwsh@microsoft.com

"Grace" <grace_33322@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> It has been over a year since I have updated my money
> account.  I am ready to start again, but don't know the
> best way to start over.  Do I just start a new account or
> try to update the old one in some way?
>
> any advice will be appreciated
> Grace

0
Bob_Peel (292)

Passport and quotes in Money
Been posting that can not download any quotes for update investments. Know online because can use certain parts of money. See that a passport may be needed in order to down load quotes. If enter my passport which works on MSN it will not work on Money, keep saying try and enter you passport again. Never had a problem with Quicken so getting close to deleting money and installing an old quicken. Good. Then post their newsgroup complaints can. "L" <grchavnf@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:034201c3cd66$94473a00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Been posting that can not download a...

VBA Question #3
Sub sheets_list() Dim a As Long Dim s As Long Dim shtName As String s = 4 For a = 1 To Sheets.Count shtName = Sheets(a).Name Sheets(a).Hyperlinks.Add anchor:=Cells(a, s), Address:="", SubAddress:="'" _ & shtName & "'!A1", ScreenTip:=shtName, TextToDisplay:=shtName Next a End Sub My understanding is that the s = 4 determines the column where the list of worksheets should be returned, and this seems to be correct when I change the value. Also if I change a = 1 to a = 5 it starts the list in Cell D5 which is what I want. BUT......changing t...

Question--Payment and Deposit order in advance register
Hi Everyone: I just purchased MS Money 2006 and have a question on the manner transactions are posted in the advanced register. I noticed that when both payment and deposit transaction are entered on a single date, the transactions are sorted so that payments are listed first and deposits are listed last. This means that all of the previous payment transactions for that date are drawn from the account without the benefit of the deposit. So payments made against the deposit make the account appear to have insufficient funds for those transactions. Is there a setting to disable the auto...

Question on Sorting by (date, etc)
I have a column (A) which sre dates. If I select the column heading and click either the sort ascending or desending button, the date column alone sorts independent of the other eight columns that comprise the entire entry. How would I go about being able to sort by a particular column and have everything sort with it? I have other columns that I would like to sort by sometimes too, like "color", "type", etc. Thanks for reading! select all the columns and now go to data | sort . On Feb 20, 11:21=A0pm, "Ed" <2...@333.com> wrote: > I have a column...

2 questions on POS 2009. 1. Decimal places 2. Tax Calculation
I am a user of RMS 2.0, and I have 2 questions on POS 2009 1. Decimal places. How many decimal places are you allowed in the price field on the item card ? In RMS 2.0 you are allowed 2, 3 if you change the type to 'gasoline'. I am looking for 5 decimal places 2. Tax calculation. Normally you enter in the price excluding tax, and then RMS calculates the tax for you. Is there an option in POS 2009 where the price can 'include' the taxes? And then when you select the item for sale, POS 2009 would 'back calculate' to break out the taxes ? Thanks i...

Money portion to investment account
I'm using MS Money 2003. Is there any method to add a cash portion to investment account, set up already without it? Any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance! Go into the Investment Account Details. See the Cash portion details settings? "Dref" <dref@chello.at> wrote in message news:Inhdc.392303$Or1.179915@news.chello.at... > I'm using MS Money 2003. Is there any method to add a cash portion to > investment > account, set up already without it? > Any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance! In microsoft.public.money, Dref wrote: >I&...

MFC thread question
Hi, I've been working in a comm class lately, that uses win32 api to perform all the functions. The code was first designed without being encapsulated, and it worked perfectly. Now I want to put it inside a class, but I have problems with the thread creation process. Supose this is the class: class CComm { private: .... DWORD WINAPI serialTask(LPVOID pParam); // rx thread .... public: .... } DWORD WINAPI CComm::serialTask(LPVOID pParam) { // do all the stuff .... } And now suppose this is the creation routine: CComm::CComm() { .... // tested this, didnt work serialThread = ::Afx...

Money 2005 Passport
Word to the wise. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH TECH SUPPORT. If you are having trouble getting your "sign-in information verified," AKA your .NET passport is not working to log into Microsoft Money its not going to work. I was literally on the line with tech support for over 2 hours trying to figure this out and i have found numerous forums on how this is a problem. Dont get me wrong, I originally bought Microsoft Money because I was impressed with the older version that my roommate was using, but 2005 has too many problems. It has to do with XP SP2. If you are going to p...

Upgrading to Money 2004 #6
I currently have money 2001 and want to install Money 2004. I wanted to start a new Money file and not incorporate my data from 2001, but when installing 2004 it indicates that my 2001 data will be overwritten and brought into 2004. Is there any way to start a new 2004 Money file without bringin in my 2001 data? >Subject: Upgrading to Money 2004 >From: "J Clark" anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com >Date: 1/2/2004 8:47 PM Eastern Standard Time >Message-id: <09a301c3d19b$80dbf260$a001280a@phx.gbl> > >I currently have money 2001 and want to install ...

Track 3 Budget Accounts in Money 07
Here is my situation. My wife and I have personal checking accounts at our bank. We therefore fund a third account at the same bank for Household expenses. All of the accounts are linked to a savings account. Is there a way to set up 3 separate budget accounts for myself, my wife and for the household without creating separate money (*.mny) files for each? Money Budgets are systemic: they cover all expense/income across all (or a specified subset) of accounts. This way they track spending regardless of the account used to do it. This is probably not what you want but most people find i...

Money '06
Why does money categorize a transfer from my checking account to my savings account as an expense. The help window says to select the Credit Card Payment/Transfer category but this still records the transfer transaction as an expense. For example, If I move $500 from my checking to my savings account, my monthly report will show that I earned $500 in additional income and spent $500 in additional expense. The Expense Category "Credit Card Payments/Transfers" is just that--it's an Expense category. Assuming you are using Advanced Registers, delete that category with extrem...

Did Money 2008 fix any of these issues?
I was looking to upgrade my 2007 Home&Biz to 2008 Home&Biz for only tthree reasons: 1. CPU performance Issues with Background banking. 2. Money hanging when reconciling electronic transactions downloaded from my Bank with those which were setup as recurring loan transactions (Such as a Mortgage or Auto payment). This requires TaskManager->End Task and Microsoft's recommendation was the Nuke the bills and re-enter. That works for about a month or so... 3. (Business) Time Tracking screen refresh delays. Also, can someone enlighten me on what is 'Enhanced Background ...

Stupid (I hope) XML questions
Ok, I have a project that is destined for continual growth and development over the next few years (benign scope creep). The object model is relatively generic at the moment, but will be extended considerably over time, mostly using inheritance. Each document will have a single element at the root and it will contain a collection of objects that are based off of a finite number of base classes. However, these objects may have numerous child classes and I can not guarantee that the child classes won't be containers themselves. References will be allowed between objects of different base typ...

Screensaver Win98/Me restarts/flickers
Hi I'm making a screensaver and have a problem with Win98 and Me. It works fine in 2000 and XP. InWin98 and WinMe the screensaver restarts continually when the system does a normal time out (/s). When it restarts the old screensaver window is still there, it's under the new screensaver window so it does not crash. I end up with over 30-50 screensaver windows. It works just fine when I push the "preview" (/p) button. Only one window. Has anyone seen this before? It's made with C++ MFC (VS C++ 7.0 pro). It's a simple app. The screensaver window is derived from the ...

Money 2004 #99
portfolio: category choice large, bond etc in the portfolio columns money asked me to assign the above categories to my holdings (because of no online with 2004) i would like to go back and review but can not find the setting anywhere. In microsoft.public.money, wildwood178 wrote: >portfolio: >category choice large, bond etc in the portfolio columns > >money asked me to assign the above categories to my holdings (because of no >online with 2004) i would like to go back and review but can not find the >setting anywhere. Go to the Details for the Investment. Right-click...

corrupt database question
I have Access 2003. When I open the db, there are forms, queries, and reports missing. When I go into one of the forms that is available, the data is not accurate. For instance, I had ~ 200 files listed in a table, and only 17 showed up. Any ideas? Thanks!-- Nola Nola wrote:> I have Access 2003. When I open the db, there are forms, queries, and> reports missing. When I go into one of the forms that is available,> the data is not accurate. For instance, I had ~ 200 files listed in a> table, and only 17 showed up. Any ideas? Thanks! Somebody else may have a better idea, but I sugg...

Money and Farming
I just purchased the Small Business version of MS Money 2004. In addition to my household accounts I have a farm business, which is why I purchased the software. I noticed in the software the only schedule utilized is "C". Is there a good reference book or a template that goes into some detail of intergrating Money and the farm accounts found on Schedule "F", with the intent of self on-line tax filing. Thank you VERY much for your assistance. In microsoft.public.money, frankd wrote: >I just purchased the Small Business version of MS Money >2004. In addi...

Report not functionning in Money 2007
Hi ! I just finished the upgrade from Money 2004 to Money 2007. Everything went fine except that the Report function no longer work. Every time i try to get a report, the "Loading" stays there forever and nothing happen. Does someone has a clue of what is happening ? Andr´┐Ż Hi Andre, I am using Money 2006 was also experiencing the problem you described where I would attempt to generate a report, would get the pie chart and then the "Loading" message and nothing would happen. I converted over from Quicken in 2005. I was only experiencing this problem when I tr...

Beginner questions about creating a sheet.
Hi all, I am having trouble learning some basic functions. So far all I can do is simple calculations. I have made a tip calculator, and growth preidictor for recruitment numbers. Howerver where can I go to get basic step by step training? I just want to create a simple sheet that contains a stage that a sale is in like (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc), the sale name and the name of the person who is buying or being cultivated. I would also like to create a sheet that has check marks that are not in the form tools. I see how I can insert those, but I also downloaded a template and it has check marks wit...

Money 2004 was better
As noted in a previous post, I was forced into "upgrading" to 2007 due to Microsoft EOLing updates on 2003. Updates didn't always work on 2003, sometimes you had to try a few times. But they NEVER posted erroneous data to my accounts. I just spent a half hour manually fixing 6 accounts that Money 2007 screwed up by duplicating entries, reversing entries etc. Searching for help, I've seen a ton of posts this month about users having problems with automatic updates. Some quote Microsoft as saying that the issues are due to a "third party provider" with no e...

Question #2
When I send email to a group of recipients, I don't want to show the recipients' address. How can I do this ? place the names in the bcc field. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "MCA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:072b01c3d14d$e7a2f7d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I send email to a group of recipients, I don't want > to show the recipients' address. > > How can I do this ? Look at Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 266339, which takes Neo...

SPAM in Excel General Questions
message "help' 1/7/2005 is asking for money (wife left him, etc) Hmm, my wife and kids are still with me and I need money also:-) -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Carole O" <CaroleO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:322107A9-1725-4100-B54A-4F48EA2EE231@microsoft.com... > message "help' 1/7/2005 is asking for money (wife left him, etc) ...

Money Plus #6
For about 10 years leading up to MS$07, I installed every version as soon as it was released. I did not do so for Money Plus when it was released last summer. I just installed the trial version, and I cannot see a single thing that is different from 2007. Is this true? Thx, Regina In microsoft.public.money, Regina wrote: >For about 10 years leading up to MS$07, I installed every version as soon as >it was released. I did not do so for Money Plus when it was released last >summer. I just installed the trial version, and I cannot see a single thing >that is different fro...

Question (Conditional Formatting)
I have the following data below: Column A Column B 01/06/2006 07/01/2008 On column C I want excel to calculate if Column A >= Column B; then "False" else "True". How do I accomplish this? Try this: =A1<B1 -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Erlang" <newandfresh@gmail.com> wrote in message n...

Money 04 Small Business
With Small Business edition of Money 2004, Can you have more then 1 business? For example, If I have a Home- Based business and my wife has a different Home-Based business can we keep them in separate accounts with independent data? Thanks! I suggest you each have a Money file. Call them something meaningful like "Hisfile" and "Herfile". As Money remembers the last file it opened you will either need to always use File > Open or create a couple of desktop shortcuts pointing to the relevant files. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips h...