Product ID in $2007

I was trying to contact support via Chat (a very helpful tool by the
way)...and it would not accept the Product ID (aka Serial Number) that I
entered from my registered version of $2007.

I assumed this is because the PID validation tool has not yet been updated
to reflect $2007, but nonetheless, I'm dead in the water until I can get it
to recognize the PID.

Has onyone else had this issue?
0
BobG (12)
7/29/2006 3:37:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 08:37:02 -0700, BobG <BobG@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I was trying to contact support via Chat (a very helpful tool by the
>way)...and it would not accept the Product ID (aka Serial Number) that I
>entered from my registered version of $2007.
>
>I assumed this is because the PID validation tool has not yet been updated
>to reflect $2007, but nonetheless, I'm dead in the water until I can get it
>to recognize the PID.
>
>Has onyone else had this issue?

When I contacted support via Email, the interface extracted my PID
automagically.  Perhaps if you initiated that kind of support, and then tried
using that number (if it's different than the one you gave Chat).

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
7/29/2006 3:50:42 PM
Tried that...it didn't find it....that's why I had to enter it
manually....which didn't work either.

Thanks for the response.

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 08:37:02 -0700, BobG <BobG@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I was trying to contact support via Chat (a very helpful tool by the
> >way)...and it would not accept the Product ID (aka Serial Number) that I
> >entered from my registered version of $2007.
> >
> >I assumed this is because the PID validation tool has not yet been updated
> >to reflect $2007, but nonetheless, I'm dead in the water until I can get it
> >to recognize the PID.
> >
> >Has onyone else had this issue?
>
> When I contacted support via Email, the interface extracted my PID
> automagically.  Perhaps if you initiated that kind of support, and then tried
> using that number (if it's different than the one you gave Chat).
>

> --ron

0
BobG (12)
7/31/2006 4:29:02 PM
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 09:29:02 -0700, BobG <BobG@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Tried that...it didn't find it....that's why I had to enter it
>manually....which didn't work either.
>
>Thanks for the response.
>
>"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 08:37:02 -0700, BobG <BobG@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I was trying to contact support via Chat (a very helpful tool by the
>> >way)...and it would not accept the Product ID (aka Serial Number) that I
>> >entered from my registered version of $2007.
>> >
>> >I assumed this is because the PID validation tool has not yet been updated
>> >to reflect $2007, but nonetheless, I'm dead in the water until I can get it
>> >to recognize the PID.
>> >
>> >Has onyone else had this issue?
>>
>> When I contacted support via Email, the interface extracted my PID
>> automagically.  Perhaps if you initiated that kind of support, and then tried
>> using that number (if it's different than the one you gave Chat).
>>

>> --ron

These #%$^&## computers. :-((

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)

Update MSN Services with Money 2007
How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 Deluxe version ??? Thank you. Bye. Paolo B. Italy In microsoft.public.money, Paolo B. wrote: >How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 >Deluxe version ??? Transactions that you enter yourself into Microsoft Money 2007 would not be forwarded out to MSN Money. This keeps that info on your own computer. For institutions with their own OFX servers, you would have to set up those accounts to download into MSN Money also. Accounts where the data comes in via "third party" ...

Event ID 1016 logged for sending an email
I recently emailed a co-worker (at 11:42am). I was then later shown a security log that showed Event ID 1016 was logged at 11:42am saying that I accessed her mailbox. I did no such thing! I've researched the knowledgebase and found some info on this topic, but can anyone tell me how I can definitively clear my name? Has this happened to anyone else - simply sending an email caused 1016 to log? I realize that checking the other person's calendar could also do this, but I don't think I did that either. My job could be on the line. Thanks for any help you can provide. (...

Word 2007: word count wrong?
Hello, I have an issue with some .doc files when opening in Word 2007. In some cases the word count in the status bar is different of the word count of the "Word Count"- window (CTRL+SHIFT+G) or the word count in Word 2003 Example file: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=79595 Word 2007 (status bar) show 61019 words Word 2007 (Word count window) show 61010 words Word 2003 also show 61010 words This issue I have not with all documents, but only with some files and it seems that I have this problem only with .doc files but not with .docx files. (installed ve...

comdlg32.ocx and Access 2007
I have several Access databases that were originally written using an Access version prior to Access 2007. I am in the process of converting the databases and installing them on new machines running Win7 and Access 2007. Over the years, one of the References I commonly used was comdlg32.ocx. It does not appear that either Win7 or Access 2007 installs that particular Active X file. I can copy it from an older machine, but that seems like a strange solution. Is comdlg32.ocx a "legacy" Active X file and has it been replaced with a newer (and differently named) Activ...

Backup Money 2007 to DVD
I can backup Money 2007 H&B via CD using C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning\MY Money Backup but I want to backup with DVD. How do I do this?????? When exited from Money, use your favorite burning software and burn a DVD from the file? "Chris109" <Chris109@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64AEF5D0-105A-4392-BA6D-369A7F31FEF8@microsoft.com... >I can backup Money 2007 H&B via CD using C:\Documents and > Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning\MY > Money > Backup...

XL 2007: How to find out what keyboard shortcuts I've assigned to macros?
Over the years, I've recorded and written a lot of macros. (Probably time to take a week or two and go over them and delete at least half!) I assigned a keyboard shortcut to a lot of them. I seem to remember that before XL 2007, there was a keyboard organizer that I could go through and review what shortcuts I had already assigned to my macros. I can't find that in 2007, though. Is there an easy way to generate a list of all my keyboard assignments and what macros they go to? Ed I don't recall ever seeing any such keyboard organizer in 2007. Canned from a prev...

Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2003
I just upgraded my desktop to Office 2007 - Removing the older Office2000. Our Network is all 2003 Servers & Exchange. My Destop is XP SP3 In OL2007 I cannot see/find any of the exisitng public shared calendars that I could see/access in OL2000. I can see them when I'm in Webmail and desktops still running Office 2000 can see the public calendars. Any help is appreciated. Thanks John Which navigation pane are you in? Press Ctrl+6 to see the folder list. BTW, Did you keep the old Outlook 2000 profile? We recommend new profiles when upgrading from older versions. ...

Smart Tag for Outlook 2007
Hi, I need to create a Smart Tag for Outlook 2007. How can I do that? There's any tutorial or reference? Thank in advance! ...

Viewing shared 2003 outlook calendar in 2007 Outlook
Shared calendars with colleagues who have 2003. I can see the calendar but not the info in the calendar. Nothing is provate marked from their side and is able to be seen by other 2003 users. is there a quick fix? ...

Word 2007 Error message
Hello, I'm currently using Works Suite 2006. I am attempting to intall the Word 2007 upgrade to no avail as I receiving the following error message: SET-UP ERROR D:\wordR.ww\osetup.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present I would appreciate any advice and/or suggestions so that I can install Word 2007. Ciao, Jerry Sorry Jerry but this is Microsoft Access forum. You need to post this question to a different group to find any useful help. "Jerry T" <Jerry T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45E64C3-D080-405E-9159-CB3E7F73AFFC@micr...

Outlook 2007 error event id: 35
Per hour i receive about 12'000 of these errors in the event viewer on my vista laptop. And usualy my outlook at some point just goes into the "not responding" mode. Then I have to kill the process from the task manager to be able to reopen outlook just to see it freeze again after a couple of seconds. I tried the whole stop indexing service and reinstall index service procedure to no avail. Does anyone else have a solution to this very anoying problem? Fred putzhilfe@gmail.com <putzhilfe@gmail.com> wrote: > Per hour i receive about 12'000 of these errors in the...

Publisher 2007 #31
If I use Autoflow in text boxes, I cannot get the test to wrap round pictures, they just sit on top! What am I doing Wrong? In Publisher 2000 it would be, Click on the text box; select Format, check "Wrap text around objects" Option. OK -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "richwoo" <richwoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F176A1BE-6E72-48FB-98F9-573C15E677CC@microsoft.com... > If I use Autoflow in text boxes, I cannot get the test to wrap round > pictures, they just sit on top! > What am I doing Wrong? > ...

Office 2007 on Windows 7
I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. I also purchased Office 2007 but I notice that Windows 7 is not shown on the Office package. Can I install Office 2007 without any propblems? Answered your first posting. apensa wrote: > I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. I also purchased Office 2007 > but I notice that Windows 7 is not shown on the Office package. Can I > install Office 2007 without any propblems? ...

Access 2007 12-17-09
I am building a contact data base for my church. How do I get the phone field to automatically format like this (xxx) xxx-xxxx when the numbers are typed in the cell? -- Thank You In the form design view select the phone control and open the properties dialog. Goto the Data tab and use the Input Mask to define the format you wish to use. If you click on the ... to the right hand side on the property you will get another dialog where there are predefined input mask or you can define your own. For instance, I use !\(999") "000\-0000;0;_ to format my telepho...

excel 2007
I have data that looks something like this account#, invoice amount 1, 50 1, 70 1, 80 2, 10 2, 50 2, 52 2, 50 3, 10 4, 30 I need a way to combine all the invoice totals for each account so I have results like this 1, 200 2, 162 3, 10 4, 30 Any suggestions on how to go about doing this? I thought I had done something similar to this with filters before in Excel 2003, but I can't figure out how I did it. Thanks! You can use subtotal or a pivot table in the pivot put the account numbers in the row field and the invoice amount in the data, in subtotal use at each change in account numb...

Outlook 2007 in Windows 7
I've installed Office 2007 in Windows 7. Then I installed Lotus Notes 8.5 as my default mail client. After that I opened Outlook 2007 then it prompted to set Outlook 2007 as the default and I clicked Yes. But still the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\command value is LotuNotes exe destination. What is the reason for this. But if I use <a href="mailto:dummymail@dum.edu">send mail</a> tag in my HTML page it opens Outlook 2007 new mail window. How does the mailto protocol identifies the default mail client and open the new mail window? Pls someo...

2007 duplicate accounts?
In previous versions of Money (2005 & 2006) there was a duplicate account problem. I described it previously here: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/msg/61a41a7b3e0efcaf http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/msg/b9b1de03d4a5d911 I've searched the group for comments from current M07 users about whether this problem still exists, but haven't found it. If I missed it, my apologies. Would you kindly send me a pointer? If I didn't miss it, has anyone who's using M07 seen this problem? TIA - Mark I'm not using 2007 but I think what...

some problems with OL 2007
Hi, I have used OL XP (2002) for years and I was very happy. But some friends convince me I should be more "modern" so I installed Office 2007, with Win XP SP4. It seems very complicated to me, but I have problems with Outlook. My emails don't download "normally", I have to close OL and reopen it (of course before, I did a send/receive and there was no email), not always though, sometimes they download. To prevent your next question, they are mail that should have been in my inbox for some time (a few hours). Also I don't get an alert. "Before" I ...

Event ID: 8197, MSExchangeFBPublish
Howdy, I receive this error message everytime I reboot my new Exchange 2003 SP2 server running on Windows 2003 SP1 in a Windows 2003 domain. I've recently removed my first Exchange 2000 server in the org (followed KB 307917). To me it sounds like this error is occuring because "MSExchangeFBPublish" is trying to do something when the store has not been mounted yet. I've posted a number of events below to support this. Am I correct? If so how do I correct this? If I stop all of the MS Exchange Services and start them manually I don't not receive any errors. It only ...

Print BCC fiend from Outlook 2007
Any way to Print BCC in Outlook 2007... Tks Screen capture. zzMHUME wrote: > Any way to Print BCC in Outlook 2007... > > Tks > > Other then Screen Capture... I see in Outlook 2003 you can do something in "Design Form Field" but does not have the same stuff in Outlook 2007... tks "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%234ilCgceKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Screen capture. > > zzMHUME wrote: > >> Any way to Print BCC in Outlook 2007... >> >> Tks >> >>...

link file from virtual windows xp to access 2007 on windows 7 plat
I am trying to link a paradox db file to access 2007 db. The paradox file resides on a virtual windows xp platform within the windows 7 platform of the physical machine. How do I map this field into access? -- cblackman ...

Track registered products and trigger event
I have a very simple spreadsheet that has a column of serial numbers and next to it a column with a yes/no tracking whether a serial number has been registered or not. I want my sales team calling into an account once 50% of the serials are registered so I created a pivot table that simply has the yes/no field on the top and a count of each in the data. Then I created a pivot chart with the yes and no next to each other and the data labels displayed. So far so good and this does accomplish what I want at it's most simple level. What I would love to do though is: 1) change the count (a...