I am a using the Advanced Budget in Money and for years I have reallocated
money between categories and months. recently when I updated my transactions
all my real locations were wrong.  Basically the money I allocated from March
to February was not only back in February it reversed it and made it look
like I sent Money from February to March so now any category that I have
reallocated money (an that is most) is wrong.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this, I have run the repair, but that did
nothing.

Microsoft Money Plus Premium
Version 17.0.125.1415
0
barcb (1)
3/21/2009 3:59:03 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I am so glad to see that I am not the only one this has happened to.  This
happened to me after I updated my budget back in February.  I contacted tech
support for Microsoft Money but they were unable to help me.  Hopefully
someone will have an answer for this.

"barcb" wrote:

> I am a using the Advanced Budget in Money and for years I have reallocated
> money between categories and months. recently when I updated my transactions
> all my real locations were wrong.  Basically the money I allocated from March
> to February was not only back in February it reversed it and made it look
> like I sent Money from February to March so now any category that I have
> reallocated money (an that is most) is wrong.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to fix this, I have run the repair, but that did
> nothing.
>
> Microsoft Money Plus Premium
> Version 17.0.125.1415
0
rpennin (1)
3/29/2009 2:23:01 AM
So far here is what I figured out.  If I am using a budget and I have made
allocations, I can't add new budget categories without this happening.  It
appears that if I have active re-allocations in the budget I am stuck with
the categories I have.  I went back to an old backup, restored it and
instead of adding new budget categories uses some that were already in my
budget and I did not have this issue.  As soon as I added a new category, it
was back.

Barclay

"rpennin" <rpennin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am so glad to see that I am not the only one this has happened to.  This
> happened to me after I updated my budget back in February.  I contacted
> tech
> support for Microsoft Money but they were unable to help me.  Hopefully
> someone will have an answer for this.
>
> "barcb" wrote:
>
>> I am a using the Advanced Budget in Money and for years I have
>> reallocated
>> money between categories and months. recently when I updated my
>> transactions
>> all my real locations were wrong.  Basically the money I allocated from
>> March
>> to February was not only back in February it reversed it and made it look
>> like I sent Money from February to March so now any category that I have
>> reallocated money (an that is most) is wrong.
>>
>> Does anyone know of a way to fix this, I have run the repair, but that
>> did
>> nothing.
>>
>> Microsoft Money Plus Premium
>> Version 17.0.125.1415

0
barcb1 (1)

Does Word have a command that compares to WordPerfect Advance?
I want to advance text to a specific position within the line that is independent of the number of characters that precedes it. Tab will not work as it measures from the preceding character. WordPerfect has a command: "Typesetting" "Advance" that I use for this. Is there a comparable command in MS Word? Word does have an Advance field, mostly for compatibility with documents imported from WordPerfect. If you use the \x switch, it will position the next character at the specified location. According to the help topic on the Advance field, the \x switch &qu...

Problem with komma versus period in Excel
Hej I am have problems with the use of period in Excel. I Denmark komma is the decimal seperator. If I convert (from within VB Editor) the content of a cell from "6340,00" to text and replace the komma with period I get "6340" (I wanted "6340.00). If I make the convertion in Excel and record the macro at the same time I get the desired result i my sheet. BUT when I put in my code in VBA and run it from here I still get the wrong result, "6340" and not "6340.00". I know Excel (VBA) transform "." to "," probably acording to...

Help! Setfocus problem
i ave a dropdown field on the first tab. I use setfocus so that it selects a different field to stop users scrolling down and changing the selection on the load event. Problem When a user changes tab and come back to the origional tab the setfocus doesnt run as the form is already loaded. How do you get around this? This is driving me and users mad at minute...please help before i open another bottle of dark rum! Hi Brian, Check out following URL; how to fire onclick event on tab click. It may help you. http://crmrocks.net/?p=16 -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post wa...

Problem with View Source / Outlook 2000
I searched some more, found that the problem is caused when the Temporary Internet files cache is too big. Deleted the cache and the problem is solved. Changed the settings to a more reasonable 100 MB and it shouldn't happen again Steven =================================== I'm using Outlook 2000 and Win 2000, no problems now (had to reinstall Windows last week for unrelated reasons). I also use ZoneAlarm and Outlook has permission only to access the Trusted zone, not the Internet in general. Something has happened in the past couple of days. I got an email that looked blank ...

Problem with signature formatting
Hello, I'm running Outlook 2003 on my machine and am having an extremely irritating problem with the signature formatting. I compose my messages in text and my signature is text - no html. In the signature setup and in the compose window of my messages my signature looks fine: My Name Position, Unit Region Company Phone: 333.333.3333 Fax: 333.333.3333 Web: http://web.address.com However, when I print or print preview, it looks like this: My Name Position, Unit Region Company Phone: 333.333.3333 Fax: 333.333.3333 Web: http://web.address.com So the second, third, and fourth lines get ...

Safe Pay Check Amount Problem
I am trying to setup Safe Pay. Everything seems to be working fine except for one annoying quirk. Our bank's Positive Pay data format gives us 12 characters for check amounts ($$$$$$$$$$¢¢). The file that Safe Pay generates is working perfectly except for those checks that are greater than $9,999,999.99 (9 characters). If the check amount is greater than that (say $10,000,000.00), the value that the Safe Pay file shows for that check is 002147483647. And, even if none of the individual checks exceed $9,999,999.99, if the total of the checks in the batch exceeds that a...

Report Writer Text Spacing Problems While Modifying a PO form
Due to Report Writer static text field size limitations, I am forced to try to use two adjacent text fields to complete a sentence. I am having an inordinate amout of problems trying to get words to align in sentences with the correct amount of character spacing between words that span the text field boundaries. And, the process of toggling between Report Writer and Dyamics to get the Purchase Order form to reprint is time consuming. What am I missing (besides patience)? -- Jay Jay, 1) Setup a calculated field for your static text. Set the result type to String, and use the Constant...

Exchange Patch (KB912442) causes problem w/ share login accts
Exchange2003 std SP2 w/ Office 2003 & XP clients. We have several users who shares a computer, so instead of logging in w/ different users accts, I set them up w/ a shared logging and access Outlook w/ multiple Mail profiles. However, after installing KB912442, it blocks these users from sending emails. It gives them an message that the shared login doesn't have the right to send emails on behalf of this user. I checked the mailbox rights in AD Users and Computers, the shared login has Read & Full mailbox rights permissions. Any idea how to fix this. Thanks in advance. ...

Internet connection problem
Hi. I hope someone is able to cast some light on a problem. We have a home network (all computers running XP) some wired and some wireless. For about a month now we have intermittent connection problems in that any one computer (randomly) will not connect to internet. I think all of the computers have suffered from the problem. Rebooting the affected computer makes no difference but rebooting the router can sort it until the next time. Even my mobile phone occasionally cannot connect. In Firefox the message is just "server not found". Pinging an IP address results in a time...

Problem with charting Net income vs Year
Im having some problems with my Excel chart. It will not plot Net Income vs Year. It keeps trying to treat Year as a different data series. It will work if I use text i.e. a1990, a1991, etc. but it refuses to use 1990, 1991... Any Ideas??? Use an "XY (Scatter)" chart, instead of a "Line" chart. Jerry Hunter wrote: > Im having some problems with my Excel chart. It will not plot Net Income vs Year. It keeps trying to treat Year as a different data series. It will work if I use text i.e. a1990, a1991, etc. but it refuses to use 1990, 1991... Any Ideas??? Delete the co...

Problems opening/saving attachments
I am unable to open or save any .rtf file attachments - this started happening today, previously there were no problems with .rtf files. When I try to open such an attachment I get this message: Can't create file: xyz.rtf Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. What folder is this? I am trying to open the attachment not creat the file! Also, when I try to send an rtf file as an attachment, in the email message the file does not show in the attachments section but the receipient actu...

Excel hyperlink problem
Hello everyone, I have a strange excel problem and it's driving me nuts - I would be seriously grateful if someone could help me out! A colleague has this excel document with a huge number of hyperlinks in it, well over 1000 (don't ask me why she wants to use excel - she just does). The hyperlinks are in this format and are using DFS: \\cc\root\pte\tru\ch\scandata\Archaeology\1980\xxx.pdf Whenever she clicks on a link, a pdf from another area of the network is opened. Quite simple and no problems so far. However, as of yesterday, whenver she makes any kind of change to the excel fi...

securety problem
Hi, I start an app in vb with this code: ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink "C:\te.exe" I always get a warning about hyperlinks that can be harmfull to computer. How can I bypas this warning. I �ve put my macro securety on low and trust all installed add-ins and templates + trust acces to visiual basic project. Is there a way so the warning won�t show Thanks Johan -- climax ------------------------------------------------------------------------ climax's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30816 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/...

wire transfer download problems
I made an international wire transfer of $5000 from my US bank. The receiving bank in Panama took $15 as a service fee and credited my account with $4885. Somehow my US bank now wants to show the amount as $4885 during downloads to my checking account. But some genie reminds Money 2004 that the original amount was $5000 which triggers a discrepancy. As a result, this transaction wants to download each and every time, whether I change, accept, or whatever. Thanks for help. In microsoft.public.money, lanecito wrote: >I made an international wire transfer of $5000 from my US bank. Th...

Interesting TIF file problem
At the company I work for, we have someone that exports AutoCAD drawings to a TIF file, then inserts the TIF file into an Excel spreadsheet. We have quite a few of these. Other users can open this spreadsheet, view it, do a print preview, but when they try to print the file the inserted picture does not show up. All that prints is a box with the broken url red x document image. It seems that the problem is with Office XP. The Excel files are created with Office 2000, and they print fine from Excel 2000. On Office XP and Office 2003, the file won't print properly (all systems are ru...

Annoying problem with lookup field
On a client, I have a MOSS 2007 portal with two lists which are not wroking as expected. One contains people and the other one contains a lookup field based on data from the first list. When someone which hasn't got administrative rights logs in and tries to see the properties of any element in the second list (on DispForm.aspx), they can't see the lookup field value, and if they try to edit the element, the dropdown control used to choose a person from the first list appears empty. Administrator don't have this problem. The users having the problem have collaboration rig...

Problem with vba code to export query result in excel
Hi, I have a access report that exports to excel with click of a button after choosing parameters. This works well. However I have to modify couple of fields to utilize formula in the export module. I am not sure how to do this. I am writing the above code which seems to cause problem. I appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Thanks. Code: If lngColumn = 12 Then xlc.Offset(0, lngColumn).Value = =([UnitPrice]*[OriginalShippedQty])/1000 End If It seems the fields UnitPrice and OrigianalShippedQty are not being recognized here Jack wrote: >Hi, >I have a acces...

re install Pub 2000 problem.
Hello and I hope I'm In the right newsgroup. My problem is I've had to re install my Office 2000 Disc2 and now when I want to start publisher the message box tells me I am trying to access a program that needs the cd. When I installed it, I checked for Publiher to "run all from my computer" I've un installed and re installed, still need disc. what am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help, John :) Johnny1r wrote: > Hello and I hope I'm In the right newsgroup. My problem is I've had to > re install my Office 2000 Disc2 and now when I want to start publis...

Uploading problems
Hi all, I hope someone can help me with a few difficulties i'm having uploading my website. 1. When I upload, only the first page is uploading - so pages 2-7 don't appear 2. Images do not download with the webpages so when you type in the url, you simply see a blank space where a photo should be with a small icon at the top left courner which sometimes offers the option of 'show picture'. 3. The webpage is positioned to the left of the window when it appears and doesn't centre itself to the page so there is a huge chunk of white space to the right of the window. Can ...

"Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store" option problem
I want to backup the all message sent or received by mailboxes, I find that there is an option "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store " in Exchanger 2003. I had selected this option and forward to public folder. But I found that not all message will be archived. - All message sent by mailboxes can be archived - Some Messages come from mailboxes will not be archived Eg: yahoo, hotmail, and other company Is this option not archive this message ? Any other setting need to configure ? Dennis ...

'Budget Alerts' in Account Register
Budget Alerts in Account Register I've upgraded to 2006 Deluxe from 2003 Deluxe. In 2003, as I entered transactions in my registers (one Visa and one Bank), if the category I was spending money on went over a budget, I got prompted about it. Along with that prompt when I went over, it also had a little bar graph (similiar to the Spending Tracker you can get on the home page in 2006) for *only* that category. This was nice as it allowed me to see amounts as I entered them..and also *annoyingly* prompted me as I went over budgets...again making me 'think' about the spendin...

CHtmlView shutdown problem
Hi! We created an MFC regular DLL whch is loaded by an old MFC-app (built with VC++ 6.0) but we dont have access to the source of this app, just an DLL-interface. our regular DLL loads several MFC extension DLLs. one of the extension DLLs uses a CHtmlView based object which is used within a docking pane, we dont use document/view-architecture. when I shutdown the app, it takes more than 1 minute till the CHtmlView object gets detstroyed. this effect doesnt occur when we load our DLLs from within an new MFC app, built with VC++.NET, everything shuts down fine. due to the fact that there is n...

Inventory Adjustments with problems
Hi In this moment I have some journal entry in financial module with transactions that i never saw before. The bachumb is something like 'GLTRX024134', they are not sequencial. In the descriptn, this has a link to a transaction from inventory adjustment, but with a change... if for example the transaction from inventory is AJ00000007, in this reference is IVAAJ00000007, this is happening with the transfers too. Any idea is welcome!!! Thanks in advance ...

Attachment File Problem
hi my problem is , when i attachment any file to the new mail i can't attachment the file whyyyyyyyyyy i mean when we attachment any file to the mail must be automatic open new filed where it show us the attachnebt file ?????? but it's not happend in my system second problem when i recive any mail whit attachment file it gave me the message "OE REMOVED ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING UNSAFE ATTACHMENTSIN YOUR MAIL" HELP Pls. thank's You'll need to be a lot more specific if you expect anyone to know what you're talking about - exact error message is? Post it in t...

CRM Security Problems
Hi Group, I have developed a windows service that hits the CRM database everynight to create some e-mails that need to be sent out to customers in the morning. Eventually these will be automatically sent, but for now, we want to manually send them in order to audit what is going out. Here is the problem. THe service is running under the same account as the installation was run under, integration account with full sysadmin. The e-mails are created by this account, however, the activity party xml is sent in to assign the e-mail to a particular user and even set that user as the owner of the e-...