Problems with Money 2005 file in two different computers

I upgraded to Money 2005 from 2004 (have been doing this since Money 97
without a problem), installed Money 2005 on my notebook, updated it to be
compatible with the one on my desktop... BUT

now when I try to open my money file on the notebook I get this message:
"The place you are trying to reach only functions in the Business version of
Money, and can't be used in the version you are using now. If you want to
use this place you will have to upgrade to Microsoft Money Small Business."

What place???? I don't want to go any place!!! All I want to do is use my
money file (it still continues to work flawlessly on my desktop btw).

Any clues on what's going on?

If I create a new test file it'll work once, but the same message will
appear after I close it and try to open it again.

My machines: Win2K - notebook has 256MB RAM, desktop has 512MB... both have
plenty disk space.

Any help is appreciated. I prefer 2005 to 2004 (which was SLOW!!!!).

Rgds,

Gus

0
gufonse (3)
1/13/2005 1:34:08 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Are both running the same build of Money (Help->About should give you a set
of numbers, like 14.0.something.1105)

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or
http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

"Gustavo Fonseca" <gufonse@terra.com.br> wrote in message
>I upgraded to Money 2005 from 2004 (have been doing this since Money 97
> without a problem), installed Money 2005 on my notebook, updated it to be
> compatible with the one on my desktop... BUT
>
> now when I try to open my money file on the notebook I get this message:
> "The place you are trying to reach only functions in the Business version
> of
> Money, and can't be used in the version you are using now. If you want to
> use this place you will have to upgrade to Microsoft Money Small
> Business."
>
> What place???? I don't want to go any place!!! All I want to do is use my
> money file (it still continues to work flawlessly on my desktop btw).
>
> Any clues on what's going on?
>
> If I create a new test file it'll work once, but the same message will
> appear after I close it and try to open it again.
>
> My machines: Win2K - notebook has 256MB RAM, desktop has 512MB... both
> have
> plenty disk space.
>
> Any help is appreciated. I prefer 2005 to 2004 (which was SLOW!!!!).
>
> Rgds,
>
> Gus

0
glyn1 (1534)
1/13/2005 8:21:46 AM
yes - build 1105

"Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message
> Are both running the same build of Money (Help->About should give you a
set
> of numbers, like 14.0.something.1105)
>
> --
> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> http://money.mvps.org
>
> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or
> http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
> Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx
>
> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>
> "Gustavo Fonseca" <gufonse@terra.com.br> wrote in message
> >I upgraded to Money 2005 from 2004 (have been doing this since Money 97
> > without a problem), installed Money 2005 on my notebook, updated it to
be
> > compatible with the one on my desktop... BUT
> >
> > now when I try to open my money file on the notebook I get this message:
> > "The place you are trying to reach only functions in the Business
version
> > of
> > Money, and can't be used in the version you are using now. If you want
> > use this place you will have to upgrade to Microsoft Money Small
> > Business."
> >
> > What place???? I don't want to go any place!!! All I want to do is use
my
> > money file (it still continues to work flawlessly on my desktop btw).
> >
> > Any clues on what's going on?
> >
> > If I create a new test file it'll work once, but the same message will
> > appear after I close it and try to open it again.
> >
> > My machines: Win2K - notebook has 256MB RAM, desktop has 512MB... both
> > have
> > plenty disk space.
> >
> > Any help is appreciated. I prefer 2005 to 2004 (which was SLOW!!!!).
> >
> > Rgds,
> >
> > Gus

0
gufonse (3)
1/13/2005 11:55:06 AM
It might be worth doing a complete uninstall of 2005 on the machine which
has the message.
See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;265111

You'll need to worry about this article, as you will need the updates before
reloading your file.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/890393

--

> yes - build 1105
>
> "Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message
>> Are both running the same build of Money (Help->About should give you a
> set
>> of numbers, like 14.0.something.1105)
>>
>> --
>> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
>> http://money.mvps.org
>>
>> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or
>> http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
>> Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx
>>
>> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>>
>> "Gustavo Fonseca" <gufonse@terra.com.br> wrote in message
>> >I upgraded to Money 2005 from 2004 (have been doing this since Money 97
>> > without a problem), installed Money 2005 on my notebook, updated it to
> be
>> > compatible with the one on my desktop... BUT
>> >
>> > now when I try to open my money file on the notebook I get this
>> > message:
>> > "The place you are trying to reach only functions in the Business
> version
>> > of
>> > Money, and can't be used in the version you are using now. If you want
>> > use this place you will have to upgrade to Microsoft Money Small
>> > Business."
>> >
>> > What place???? I don't want to go any place!!! All I want to do is use
> my
>> > money file (it still continues to work flawlessly on my desktop btw).
>> >
>> > Any clues on what's going on?
>> >
>> > If I create a new test file it'll work once, but the same message will
>> > appear after I close it and try to open it again.
>> >
>> > My machines: Win2K - notebook has 256MB RAM, desktop has 512MB... both
>> > have
>> > plenty disk space.
>> >
>> > Any help is appreciated. I prefer 2005 to 2004 (which was SLOW!!!!).
>> >
>> > Rgds,
>> >
>> > Gus

0
glyn1 (1534)

docmd.transfertext problem

SQL deadlock problem

Tell the difference between upper and lower case
I have a column that has letters in it and I am using =COUNTIF(D13:D27,"M") in one cell and =COUNTIF(D13:D27,"m") in another. to keep track of what letters are put in the "D" column. But the both count the upper AND lowercase letters. Is there any way to mak excel tell the difference between upper and lowercase letters? Thanks Ro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com RogerDaShrubber wrote... ... >=COUNTIF(D13:D27,"M") in one cell > >and > >=COUNTIF(D13:D27,"m") in another. > >to keep track of what lette...

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Exchange update problem

MS Money 95 data files

Hello all, I have a rather simple to describe but difficult to solve problem. Our customers want to use our ANSI MFC program to show different languages. For example Polish. When I set the font for the different controls they behave different. For example the CEdit shows the polish characters just right but the CButton with checkbox style shows glyphs instead of the special characters. Every control that is owner draw and uses for example the DrawText() function of the device context shows the characters right. I've experimented with _UNICODE for the display part and everything I could ...

Transfer Money 98 to money 2004
I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current data to new computer w/ money 2004. In microsoft.public.money, Brad Karris wrote: >I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new >computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current >data to new computer w/ money 2004. If you have a USB flash drive on the old machine, copy your .mny file there. Then copy the file to the new machine-- usually to your "My Documents" folder. In Windows Explorer, double-left-click the file on your new machine to ...

Money Deluxe 2006 Trial to Money Deluxe Web Download.
Purchased the "full-download" Microsoft Money Deluxe 2006 version from the trial version download. I followed all the steps to "Activate" the product with successful conclusion. However, the "Trial" nag screen continues to pop-up every time I sign onto Money 2006. To add insult to injury, when I have signed onto the Support Center, wishing to send an email to ask about this, the web-site does not recognize my "PID" (Product ID)...because it continues to believe it is the trail version....thusly only a serial number is listed. And, the SN is not r...

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

cant start outlook pst file to large

Where is the workspace file stored?

Percentage difference
Hi guys, Not exactly great at formulas, so any help would be appreciated. Excel 2207 In cell k2 and below are buying prices. In cell j2 and below are selling prices. I just need to know the 'mark-up' percentage. Also, would be a great advantage for the formula to work the other way around....showing 'loss' as well !!!!!!!!!!!! Have tried: =2*ABS(J2-K2) / (J2 + K2) and =(J2-K2)/J2 and several other variations, but to no avail. Not sure whether I am needing 'relative' or 'absolute' either!! Thanks in advance Bob Hi Bob, Am Sun, 30 Oct 2011 1...

Time differances
1 have 4 boxes start time end time lunch hours worked 09:00 17:00 1.00 7:00 09:00 17:00 0.30 7:70 (should be 7:50) (B3-A3)*24-C3 How do I make it 9.5 hours by changing forumla Thanks Trever, =(B3-A3)*24-C3*24 Format for General, Number, or anything except Date/Time. Format - Cells - Number. You'll get 7.5. If you got 7:50, as you requested, it would look like hours and minutes. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Trever B" <TreverB@discussions.microsoft.c...

opening .bak file

Border problems

Trying to read XML file into dataset

Excel Problem