Problems moving from one computer to another

I had Money 05 on my computer with xp.  I got a new computer with windows 7.
I found an installation disk for 05 and reinstalled it on my new computer but
I can't open the files.  keeps asking me to backup etc than says it can't
open because it is read only etc.

Any ideas.  I am really getting frustrated and I need to pay my bills.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Ronda wrote:

>I had Money 05 on my computer with xp.  I got a new computer with windows 7.
>I found an installation disk for 05 and reinstalled it on my new computer but
>I can't open the files.  keeps asking me to backup etc than says it can't
>open because it is read only etc.
>
>Any ideas.  I am really getting frustrated and I need to pay my bills.

Find the sample.mny file in your install folder.  That may be
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2005".  Copy sample.mny file to
your Documents folder in Win7.  Right-click the Money start icon
and select RunAsAdministrator.  Click File->Open and browse to that
sample.mny file.  Money 2005 will do an update.  Close Money.
Reboot the computer.  Then open Money and check that Help->About...
says you then have version 14.0.*.1105.

Make sure your .mny and .mbf files are in your Documents folder.
Then you should be able to File->Open or Restore your existing
files.

See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx for a method of
making a self-contained disk for reinstall of Money 2005 with the
updates in place.  Be sure to do this before the end of 2011.  Do
not lose the disk.
0
Cal
11/26/2009 1:24:13 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Cal Learner-- MVP wrote:

>See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx for a method of
>making a self-contained disk for reinstall of Money 2005 with the
>updates in place.  Be sure to do this before the end of 2011.

That should be "before the end of January 2011."

0
Cal
11/26/2009 2:00:04 AM
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:03:01 -0800, Ronda <Ronda@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I had Money 05 on my computer with xp.  I got a new computer with windows 7.
>I found an installation disk for 05 and reinstalled it on my new computer but
>I can't open the files.  keeps asking me to backup etc than says it can't
>open because it is read only etc.
>
>Any ideas.  I am really getting frustrated and I need to pay my bills.

With my Money Plus, I found I had to set it to "run as administrator" in order
to run under W7 Prof - 64.
--ron
0
Ron
11/26/2009 2:11:32 AM
Hmm. I made no such step to run under Win7 Ult 64.

"Ron Rosenfeld" <ronrosenfeld@nospam.org> wrote in message

> With my Money Plus, I found I had to set it to "run as administrator" in
> order
> to run under W7 Prof - 64.

0
Dick
11/26/2009 3:44:30 AM
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 20:44:30 -0700, "Dick Watson"
<littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote:

>Hmm. I made no such step to run under Win7 Ult 64.

Interesting.  I won't be at my W7 machine for another few weeks, so I can't
investigate it further.  But I will.
--ron
0
Ron

Problem with CFTPConnection

if cell is text move left one column

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

SBS 2003 moving of users files

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

Moving Exchange #5

request to solve my problem #5

how can I do a lookup into another sheet?
how can I do a lookup into another sheet? thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try something like =VLOOKUP(123,Sheet2!A1:B10,2,FALSE) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "melawaisi" <melawaisi.ws67m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:melawaisi.ws67m@excelforum-nospam.com... > > how can I do a lookup into another sheet? > thanks > > > ------...

Textbox fomatting value based on another textbox
I have two text boxes on a form. One is a value that can be changed by the user. The second is the value 1 - textbox1. I need everthing to be in %. For example, in textbox1 the user could type 75 and it would automatically be recognized as 75% and textbox2's value would calculate to be 25%. Everytime I try textbox1's value is = to say 7500%. Any help is appreciated. Cheers, Job Maybe something like: Option Explicit Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) Dim TB1Val As Double With Me.TextBox1 If IsNumeric(.Value) Then TB1Va...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)