Hello,

I have a relatively new Compaq Desktop (2.5 GHz Celeron with 512 MB RAM).

I have a Viewsonic Pocket PC and I wanted to use it to track my financial
data so I purchased Money 2003 Standard.

I tried several times to convert my Qucken Data (it's a big file--I've
been using Quicken since 1995). My Quicken program is Quicken 2001
Deluxe.

Anyway, the MS Money program started to convert and after a few minutes
said:
"Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your
Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory. Try
closing other programs and making sure the disk you are copying your file
to has enough space. Then try converting the file again."

But I have a large 40 GB HD, and 512 MB RAM (includes Video RAM) so I
don't understand the problem.

I tried Validating my Quicken data first as the program suggests, but
this did not help.

Anyway, I returned the MS Money program because I couldn't make it work.

However, I still want to use my Viewsonic Pocket PC to track financial
items, but I don't want to buy any additional Pocket PC programs.

Does anyone know if MS Money 2004 will be better able to cope with
converting my data from Quicken 2001 Deluxe?

Regards,
John E. Golden
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

It is probably due to the amount of times you have saved
data or upgraded Quicken; I had the same problem and
almost went back to Quicken (glad I didn't now).  Try
backing your file up to one spot then saving your current
file as a new name.  Restore the backup in Quicken (which
will bring back your original name) then try Money
convert on this fresh version.  That worked for me as I
had almost a decade of data on Quicken with 4-5 upgrades
over the years.

0
anonymous (74722)

> It is probably due to the amount of times you have saved
> data or upgraded Quicken; I had the same problem and
> almost went back to Quicken (glad I didn't now).  Try
> backing your file up to one spot then saving your current
> file as a new name.  Restore the backup in Quicken (which
> will bring back your original name) then try Money
> convert on this fresh version.  That worked for me as I
> had almost a decade of data on Quicken with 4-5 upgrades
> over the years.

I just purchased MS Money 2004 Standard so that I could try again. Same
problem.

Then I tried following your instructions. I backed up my Quicken file to
my desktop, gave it a new name, and then restored it. I then tried to
import the Quicken file I had stored on my desktop. I got the same old
error message:
"Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your
Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory. Try
closing other programs and making sure the disk you are copying your file
to has enough space. Then try converting the file again."

What did I do wrong?

Regards,
John E. Golden

Converting QuatroPro to Excel
How can convert a quatropro spreadsheet to an excel spreadsheet. Any help? Thanks, Bob Open the file in Quattro Pro and save it in one of the supplied Excel formats. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36c601c40128$9e26a970$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can convert a quatropro spreadsheet to an excel > spreadsheet. Any help? > Thanks, > Bob ...

Exchange update problem

data input in text box

SQL deadlock problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

docmd.transfertext problem

hal!KfLowerIrql change data in system memory for SCSI miniport dri
Hi: I'm working with a SCSI miniport driver, and I encountered a very strange problem that I don't know how to handle. Plz help me figure it out, Thanks a lot! I'm trying to write a driver to present a ram disk. I have a FPGA based PCI card, but the RTL in FPGA is unable to handle the DMA operations. So I define a byte array in DEVICE_EXTENSION to present a 16MB RAM. All the data transfers and DMA operations are between the array and system memory. Question 1: I've finished the driver and it works almost successfully, but during the '...

Money Deluxe 2006 Trial to Money Deluxe Web Download.
Purchased the "full-download" Microsoft Money Deluxe 2006 version from the trial version download. I followed all the steps to "Activate" the product with successful conclusion. However, the "Trial" nag screen continues to pop-up every time I sign onto Money 2006. To add insult to injury, when I have signed onto the Support Center, wishing to send an email to ask about this, the web-site does not recognize my "PID" (Product ID)...because it continues to believe it is the trail version....thusly only a serial number is listed. And, the SN is not r...

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Transfer Money 98 to money 2004
I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current data to new computer w/ money 2004. In microsoft.public.money, Brad Karris wrote: >I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new >computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current >data to new computer w/ money 2004. If you have a USB flash drive on the old machine, copy your .mny file there. Then copy the file to the new machine-- usually to your "My Documents" folder. In Windows Explorer, double-left-click the file on your new machine to ...

MS Money 95 data files

Problems with Public Folders replication
Hi guys, Some problems here. We have decided to install Exchange server 2003 SP1 on a new hardware with W2k3 SP1 on a new DC (yes, I know it is a bad practice, but...) instead of old Exchange server 2003 SP1 on an old DC on an old hardware. New one (additional) DC was brought live (with some minor problems, DNS, time, as always) without FSMO delegation (for now). Replication of users' accounts was smooth. Logs clear. After Exchange 2003 SP1 installation (with some DNS manipulations) also all was Ok. Dcdiag Ok. In ESM all Exchange servers are visible (old and new). So I have started ...

Sorting Data #5

Border problems

Convert date
How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? For example: 09-13-2003 to 2003256 Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/jdates.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany gary wrote: > How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a > Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? > > For example: 09-13-2003 to 2003256 On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:24:57 -0700, "gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a >Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? > >For exa...

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

Excel Problem

Converting XML > Dataset
Hi ! Here's my problem in english :-) I want to convert the mssecure.xml file from Microsoft into an dataset to store it in an SQL-Database. My code in VB looks like this : Dim ds As New DataSet Dim doc As New Xml.XmlDocument doc.Load("D:\mssecure.xml") Dim sReader As New StringReader(doc.InnerXml) ds.ReadXml(sReader) The problem is : At the ds.readxml(sreader) command i get an error which told me, that there is an problem whith a relationship in "ProductFamilies" I hope my english is good enough to explain... Please help ! Thanks !!! Christoph Duesmann C...