Problems after upgrading to Money Deluxe 2004

I recently downloaded Money Deluxe 2004 and upgraded my
Money Deluxe 2003.
  Now that the upgrade is done, I've had 2 main problems.
1. When downloading my satements from by Fidelity
Brokerage account money tells me that I have 3 new
transactions in my online statements.  When I click on my
Fidelity link money will show me the current qotes of the
stocks I own...so far so good.  However when I go
into 'My Portfolio' I noticed that none of the stock
prices have been updated.  They all remain at the price
quoted the day before I upgraded.  The prices never
changes.  It remains as it was on the day I upgraded even
though the day changes.  Does anybody know how to fix
this problem?  I've tried to email this problem to the
folks at microsoft tech support but I cant do that either
because the serial number I am given doesn't seem to work
on the technical support server.

I have also noticed that the budget bars no longer show
the correct ammounts I've spent on my budget items.  I've
tried to do a standard repair but each tiime I do, I get
an error message saying that the file is in use.

Thnks for your help
Dave Lisko

0
anonymous (74722)
12/3/2003 7:48:00 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, David Lisko wrote:

>I recently downloaded Money Deluxe 2004 and upgraded my
>Money Deluxe 2003.
>  Now that the upgrade is done, I've had 2 main problems.
>1. When downloading my satements from by Fidelity
>Brokerage account money tells me that I have 3 new
>transactions in my online statements.  When I click on my
>Fidelity link money will show me the current qotes of the
>stocks I own...so far so good.  However when I go
>into 'My Portfolio' I noticed that none of the stock
>prices have been updated.  They all remain at the price
>quoted the day before I upgraded.  The prices never
>changes.  It remains as it was on the day I upgraded even
>though the day changes.  Does anybody know how to fix
>this problem?  I've tried to email this problem to the
>folks at microsoft tech support but I cant do that either
>because the serial number I am given doesn't seem to work
>on the technical support server.

Close Money

In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with
Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles.

>I have also noticed that the budget bars no longer show
>the correct ammounts I've spent on my budget items.  I've
>tried to do a standard repair but each tiime I do, I get
>an error message saying that the file is in use.

Try killing mnyschdl.exe and mis.exe if open. Then try the standard
repair. Still no? Close all IE6 browser windows, and try again.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Problems with CreateILockBytesOnhGlobal
The following code misbehaves by throwing int 3 breaks on the CreateILockBytesOnHGlobal call. If contnued, the call returns S_OK with a ILockBytes pointer, but then the StgOpenStorageOnILockBytes failes. Any ideas? HRESULT hres; IStorage *pstg = NULL; // // Load doc file from resources. // HGLOBAL hdoc = NULL; ILockBytes *plockbytes = NULL; HRSRC resinfo = FindResource(g_app.m_hInstance, MAKEINTRESOURCE(resid), "DOCFILE"); if (!resinfo) return FALSE; hdoc = LoadResource(g_app.m_hInstance, resinfo); if (S_OK == CreateILockBytesOnHGlobal(hdoc, TRUE, &plockbytes...

update problem-crossposted
As I seem to have been abandoned by MS I thought I'd ask here. I have retail versions of Office 2003 student and teacher and Publisher 2000. These are not OEM or illegal copies. I was having numerous problems updating Office 2003 and was lead through an un-install and re-install by MS tech support. Received many updates that installed correctly until... I received a message that I needed to install updates for Office 2000 and that one had to be installed first and separately for the other to work. It would never download. After hours on the phone with MS it was determined that si...

Upgrade breaks Office Clipboard workflow? 12-04-09
Hi all, I have a user that for a long time has been using Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 for photo management, and Word for creation of reports with his photos. This weekend, I upgraded him to Windows 7, and as part of the process upgraded him to Office 2007 SP2, up from the original release. Along the way were several other office updates as well. His original workflow was to crop the photos to his liking in the photo editor, then copy them and paste them directly into his word document. I had seen him do this in past while looking at other issues in word, and it worked. H...

excel formula problem #3
i want to set up a system that counts a series of dates but only say how many cells are filled, i can get this to work generally but section needs to count 3 seperate dates but only add on any one of the (eg) cell A counts the number of dates in cells B-Z but with cells D,E, i dont want all to count, only one of the three even if all are filled but it must count if any of the three are filled hope this makes sens -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try: =COUNT(B1:C1,G1:Z1)+(COUNT(D1:F1)>0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > i want to set up a system that c...

Problems Backing up MS Money
I am running Microsoft money 2004 on a 64 bit windows vista machine. When I go to back up my files at the end of a session, money thinks that my 8 gig flash drive is a floppy disc and tells me that the disc is full and to insert another one. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this. This is something new, it was working alright for months. Any ideas? M2004 only knew about hard disks and floppies for backup. There was a "feature" whereby it could only handle 2gb USB sticks. You need to reduce your available space on the USB to under 2gb, by copying any old files till t...

drag and drop problem with cell references
i have a cell with a formula in one worksheet that references another cell. the formula looks like this: =IF((ISBLANK('Draft'!$D25)),"",'Draft'!$D25) where 'draft' is another worksheet in my workbook. the formula works fine, it looks empty if there is nothing in the referenced cell('Draft'!$D25), otherwise it mirrors the content of that cell. If i type something in the referenced cell('Draft'!$D25), it still works great. But if i drag something to the referenced cell than the formula gets screwed up and replaces the $D25, with #ref. I am gue...

Problem cleaning up temporary files.
This isn't MFC specific so I apologize. I just like the information provided by the regular members of this group. I have an application that has a Rich Edit control. Next to the Rich Edit control is a Print button. To avoid all the details of printing, I decided to save the contents of the control to a RTF file, then do ShellExecuteEx("blahblah.rtf", "print", ...). This works fine. But, I sure would like to remove these temporary files. But I am finding that to be a tricky problem to solve. At first, I thought I would wait for the process started to end. Bu...

Workflow Problem
Hi all, some instances (approx 5%) of a workflow we use all the time are getting stuck at various points when we do a status reason change - the logs show the following error: Error Code = 80044151. SQL Server Error. SQL Server timeout expired. Our sql server is very under utilised and most of the workflows change states OK - any ideas ? Thanks Ian If the issue you're experiencing applies to Quotes/Orders/Invoices, the following Hotfix may help: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYVLXUZLWUKKQPOVRVQNLNWOMXNQRQNZWVLNLTUPRNNUWPNZSZ "Ian K...

Exchange Server/Relay Server Problem
I am in the process of moving all users from our old e-mail domain to the new e-mail domain. The old e-mail accounts reside on a Linux server running QMail with a domain similar to organization.com. All new accounts are being moved to an Exchange Server with the domain name of organization.ca; The Exchange server had been configured to relay all mail through the Linux server. As we moved people to the new domain name (organization.ca) the QMail server was configured to forward the users mail to the new accounts. It did so flawlessly until Friday... On Friday administration decided they...

OMA problem #5
Hi all We are currently trying to connect a couple of users Nokia 6230i to exchange just to check their mail. When they login through either pc to test or the mobile the get the following error message Your user account has not been enabled for wireless access. Please contact your system administrator for additional assistance We have checked in AD and the accout is enabled for oma. W2k3 server with exhcnage w2k3 sp2. Can anyone shed some light on this Cheers Glenn Hi, You've taken the primary domain SMTP suffix address of these users. For OMA to work succesfully, a user _must_ ...

MS Money 2006
Is there anyway to do this in the account register? It's been something I have been looking for for years. I hope Microsoft has finally addressed it. Nope. At least some of us can't really see the benefit. "Curtis Ransom" <CurtisRansom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3512707-3B1F-4ACB-BA18-7BCA8F016B47@microsoft.com... > Is there anyway to do this in the account register? It's been something I > have been looking for for years. I hope Microsoft has finally addressed > it. ...

Money 2002 opens very slowly! Started few days ago!!! HELP
Hi to all, I have problem with Money2002. It is full with data from last year and until few days ago everything was ok. In average it would took about 3-5sec for MsMoney to open all the data, but since yesterday I need to wait app 10- 15sec for MsMoney to open. I tried everything but no luck. Anybody have a clue what this could be. Thanks in advance Is 15 seconds really that long to wait? What other programs and data have you installes/saved in the last year. Is your drives getting full? In microsoft.public.money, John wrote: > >I have problem with Money2002. It is full with...

Problem with a Array formula, Please help !!
What is the problem with the array formula (see cells in column R, which are highlighted coloured yellow) ? {=IF(SUM(IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(N(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))),0,IF(LOOKUP(N(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))="Y",1,0)),IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(T(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))),0,IF(LOOKUP(T(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))="Y",1,0))) >0,"Y...

File Attachment Problem
I have got the file attachment problem since we implemented the dynamics CRM 4.0. So i will be glad if you advise me a way to solve this problem. sincerally ...

problem with scaning
hello happy new year I want to scanning multipage documets and save it in my folder. I tryed to scaning without any component . I want to use with microsoft windows acquire library(wia) and save it tiff format. please help me how can create a form with a command button and writting its vba code that it stats scanning and saving file(tiff format) in my folder . thank you hesm ...

Graph OLE Linked objects problem
I got error message from access2003 when I tried to open a Graph OLE Linked objects, the message is: Strategic Budget builder can't find the file containing the linked OLE object you tried to update using OLE/DDE links command. When I click "yes", the other message pop up: "You may have misspelled the file name, or the file may have been deleted or renamed. If the file has been moved to a different location, use the OLE/DDE Links command to change the source. Or delete the object, and create a new linked object." Tried to re-installed OFFICE2003, but it still do...

Shrinking a Money File
I just upgraded to Money 2006 and I archived all my records prior to 01/01/2004. Is there a way to now shrink my money file in size? It's still at 20 Megs, same as it was before the archive. I assume since a majority of the data has been archive that I can compress all the open space in the file? I tried repairing the file (Standard and quick) and that didn't shrink the file. Does anyone know of a way? Thanks.... This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C58BE6.00FFF300 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-En...

SQL options and new upgrade GP9.0 (from GP7.5)
Here is my problem after I upgraded to GP9.0. I need to add a user with GP, unless I refresh its password (in SQL Enterprise Manager) and re-define its properties, I cannot use it to access GP moreover, use SQL resources. I also discoverred that DYNGRP dont have permissions on some of the GP tables. Also when I change the password in GP. It does not update the one used in SQL. Why is that? How can I correct this issue? If you create a user in GP the password is encrytped by GP so that the password that is sent to SQL is not the same. This is why a GP user can not do anything in SQL...

M7 upgrade to M+
Anyone have any thoughts on the value of upgrading? Thanks, Joe In microsoft.public.money, JoeM wrote: >Anyone have any thoughts on the value of upgrading? You would probably want to wait until September. http://www.microsoft.com/money/whatisnew.mspx Trying to read between the lines here. "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message news:49dku49pm27ski9pv99423p1hjm9bljt4e@4ax.com... > In microsoft.public.money, JoeM wrote: > >>Anyone have any thoughts on the value of upgrading? > > You would probably want to wait until Septe...

2004: reconcile automatically?
I imported from quicken to money 2004 In quicken I can say "use online balance to reconcile" or some such, and it shows me all the cleared and non cleared income and expense since last reconcile. Very quickly I can check to see what I might have missed and what the differences are between the bank and the program. Money does not seem to have such a facility. It gives me a message to the effect that the program and the bank are out of sync, and says I have to balance by hand with the paper statement. Gross! Any suggestions? Thanks /b ...

Money 2002 #11
How can I automatically post extra principal payments to a mortgage account? Edit the scheduled Loan Payment transaction to add an additional split line for extra Principal Transfer. "Sheila" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017f01c3a3d5$503ea470$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How can I automatically post extra principal payments to > a mortgage account? ...

money 2003 stock screener
my stock screener settings have disappeared. when i try to download the deluxe stock screener (again) it takes me to 'screener promotion' to download the msn money investment toolbox. it then keeps telling me i need xp sp2 (i am using 98) or that i need ie sp1 (downloaded and installed long ago). it does say 'netscape choice' at the top of this page - i am assuming because i use mozilla, but not as my default browser. i find the features in microsoft money very useful, but it is things like this (microsoft forcing you to do things only with their products) that mak...

WEB Query in Office For Mac 2004
I have one simple question Does the function "WEB QUERY" in excel of OFFICE 2004 FOR MAC exist. I have a trail verison of OFFICE 2004 FOR MAC but this feature does not exist. I like this option and use it alot at work on the WINDOWS version. Having this option would sway me to buying it for sure. THANKS In article <944a5172.0409260409.68a71831@posting.google.com>, simon.simonblack@gmail.com (Simon Black) wrote: > Does the function "WEB QUERY" in excel of OFFICE 2004 FOR MAC exist. I > have a trail verison of OFFICE 2004 FOR MAC but this feature does not ...

Help Files not displaying in 2004
Has anyone who has loaded 2004 seen this anomoly. The help guide comes up on the right of the screen, but when I click on topic, I get nothing. I can search for a topic, and the topic appear, but when I click on what I want to review, I get a "unable to load topic". I wrote a new FAQ last weekend that should be posted shortly: --- Q): Money Help keeps whining about script errors or similar nonsense. Why? What can I do about it? A): Nobody really knows what causes this. For most people, this issue has been resolved by going into IE Internet Options (from IE Tools or from the des...

Much older older Money
Looking at some of the posts and replies regarding older version of MS Money that MS will soon no longer support it my question relates to upgrading from Money 99. What are my chances of surviving an upgrade to a newer version of MS Money?. No interested in any internet connections or downloads, online payments, just keeping track of savings, checking and credit accounts. Have a very complete record of information other then some I archived, very sorry I did. What conversion headaches would I encounter or lose, can't afford that to happen. I might fit into the category of not being ...