Problem With Update Prices

I have MS Money 2002.  Yes this is an old version, but it worked fine for
me.

I did have the problem in late December with Passport/LiveID servers down,
but waited patiently for the problems to resolve.

I have just noticed that the Update Prices feature has not worked
successfully for me since December 7, 2007.  Due to roundoff errors, when I
download my retirement contributions from my mutual fund website for each
paycheck's contributions (employer's and mine) to my retirement plans, I
have to make slight corrections, and this has been effectively manually
updating prices for those funds.

For other accounts, such as taxable investments, I have noticed that the
prices in MS Money are those corresponding to the share price on December 7.
This tells me that basically my version has not successfully downloaded
share prices since then.  When I enter my password, I'm not getting any
error associated with the Passport/LiveID server being down, so I thought
the price update should work.

What can I do to resolve so I don't have to manually update, or upgrade to
the latest version?

0
greekgod (9)
3/2/2008 5:54:45 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

"Dimitrios Paskoudniakis" <greekgod@yeahright.com> wrote in message
>I have MS Money 2002.  Yes this is an old version, but it worked fine for
>me.
>
> I did have the problem in late December with Passport/LiveID servers down,
> but waited patiently for the problems to resolve.
>
> I have just noticed that the Update Prices feature has not worked
> successfully for me since December 7, 2007.  Due to roundoff errors, when
> I download my retirement contributions from my mutual fund website for
> each paycheck's contributions (employer's and mine) to my retirement
> plans, I have to make slight corrections, and this has been effectively
> manually updating prices for those funds.
>
> For other accounts, such as taxable investments, I have noticed that the
> prices in MS Money are those corresponding to the share price on December
> 7. This tells me that basically my version has not successfully downloaded
> share prices since then.  When I enter my password, I'm not getting any
> error associated with the Passport/LiveID server being down, so I thought
> the price update should work.
>
> What can I do to resolve so I don't have to manually update, or upgrade to
> the latest version?

Some additional information:

- The last successful date of online price updates was December 8, not
December 7.

- I purchased two additional funds through my employer retirement plans
subsequent to December 8, and both of these funds prices are updating
successfully.

- One other fund I had prior to December 8 is also updating prices online
successfully.

- Every other fund I own other than the three funds in the above two items
has not had a successful online update since December 8.  About 12 funds.

Why would online updates work for three of 15 funds, but not the other 12
(two of the three were purchased after the last successful update on Dec 8)?

Is there anything I can do in MS Money to the 12 funds that aren't updating
to refresh so that the online price updates will resume working?

0
greekgod (9)
3/2/2008 6:22:13 PM
The online services  have  basically expired  for  your version of Money 2002.

Basically you loose  the ability  to update  quotes.

Every version of Money  has  set amount of  time for  the ability to update
quotes.

The link listed below  has  a list of Money  versions, when  there  services
expire.

http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/186.aspx

To continue  updating the quotes,  you  would have to update  to the newest
version of Money.
The  version you  would need  to upgrade  to is  Money Plus Deluxe.

Bert

"Dimitrios Paskoudniakis" wrote:

> "Dimitrios Paskoudniakis" <greekgod@yeahright.com> wrote in message
> >I have MS Money 2002.  Yes this is an old version, but it worked fine for
> >me.
> >
> > I did have the problem in late December with Passport/LiveID servers down,
> > but waited patiently for the problems to resolve.
> >
> > I have just noticed that the Update Prices feature has not worked
> > successfully for me since December 7, 2007.  Due to roundoff errors, when
> > I download my retirement contributions from my mutual fund website for
> > each paycheck's contributions (employer's and mine) to my retirement
> > plans, I have to make slight corrections, and this has been effectively
> > manually updating prices for those funds.
> >
> > For other accounts, such as taxable investments, I have noticed that the
> > prices in MS Money are those corresponding to the share price on December
> > 7. This tells me that basically my version has not successfully downloaded
> > share prices since then.  When I enter my password, I'm not getting any
> > error associated with the Passport/LiveID server being down, so I thought
> > the price update should work.
> >
> > What can I do to resolve so I don't have to manually update, or upgrade to
> > the latest version?
> >

> Some additional information:
>
> - The last successful date of online price updates was December 8, not
> December 7.
>
> - I purchased two additional funds through my employer retirement plans
> subsequent to December 8, and both of these funds prices are updating
> successfully.
>
> - One other fund I had prior to December 8 is also updating prices online
> successfully.
>
> - Every other fund I own other than the three funds in the above two items
> has not had a successful online update since December 8.  About 12 funds.
>
> Why would online updates work for three of 15 funds, but not the other 12
> (two of the three were purchased after the last successful update on Dec 8)?
>
> Is there anything I can do in MS Money to the 12 funds that aren't updating
> to refresh so that the online price updates will resume working?

0
Bert1 (39)

Problem inserting a column!!!
Hello all. I just accessed a worksheet which Im trying to add a column to... I highlight the column which i want the new column inserted ...and when i try to insert a column it doesnt work! A warning message comes up stating that a column cannot be inserted until blank cells are removed from the right side of the sheet or something to that effect!? Whats going on??? Thank you. -- londonchick ------------------------------------------------------------------------ londonchick's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24529 View this thread: http://www.e...

Problem deleting messages on Outlook
Am trying to delete messages in my Inbox. The delete button and 'Delete' function under the Edit are returning the error message --' the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart Outlook. I've restarted several times including a full system shutdown. Clear your Deleted Items folder and in case you are working with a pst-file also run Compact Now and scanpst.exe against it to check it for errors. Then try again. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create...

Problem while trying to open access training course on microsoft w
Hello, I was taking the online training course on Access 2007 but whenever I download the access file required for practice, the page linked to it with the instructions does not come up. Is there anything wrong with the links located within the access file? Is Microsoft updating them? Or if not should it be a local problem? Is the server being changed? Thanks for your help, Claudia On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 18:06:03 -0700, Claudia <Claudia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, I was taking the online training course on Access 2007 but whenever I >download the acce...

Money 2003 Problem
The age old problem. Never really backed up upon exiting Money. Computer packs up - no backup file. However a money file (.mny I think) is left in my documents. On attempting to restore it, it initially tells me a location where it will save the backup file. Then it gives the following error message. 'Money cannot locate C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\Backup2 or cannot open it because it is a read-only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed,you will need to click OK and ope...

Header problem
I have placed a header in an excel worksheet - and saved it - but when another person opens the same file - and previews the file the header changes. This user does not have to save the file - but when a third person opens the file and previews the file - the header matches that of the 2nd user. Has anyone seen this before? Is there a way to keep the header from changing? What do you put in the header? Is it dynamic (the path of the workbook for example???). Knikki wrote: > > I have placed a header in an excel worksheet - and saved > it - but when another person opens the...

XML 2004 just 3 weeks away -- view program updates -- reserve room -- register today
XML 2004 Conference & Exposition –“From Syntax to Solutions” November 15-19, 2004 – Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Washington, D.C. http://www.xmlconference.org XML 2004 is just 3 weeks away. The largest continuously running, independently organized XML conference, XML 2004 is produced by IDEAlliance http://www.idealliance.org and partnered by other industry and standards –making organizations, such as OASIS, W3C, WS-I, NISO, DISA, and LISA. XML 2004 taking place November 15-19 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, D.C. offers over 140 presentations, 30+ exhibitors, to...

Rollong back a Windows Update?
How do I uninstall a Windows update if I can't find it in the list of $NTUninstallKBxxxxxx files in my Windows folder? "jetjock" <jetjock@hanger.com> wrote in message news:ht8il5l5j0gq21mdeod5bf4p6uqpoftjcf@4ax.com... > How do I uninstall a Windows update if I can't find it in the list of > $NTUninstallKBxxxxxx files in my Windows folder? Remove it via Add/remove Programs in the Control Panel. Make sure the Show Updates box is checked at the top of the page. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA Bruce Ha...

Problem with LPBYTE lpBuffer - I always get the variable error
Hello all! I've got a problem with the variable LPBYTE lpBuffer - Debug watch reports me that this variable has a bad ptr. Then it's the cause that I'm not able to get success with loading my file which I need to see in my dialog's edit-box. This is the problem part of my code: __________________________________________________________________________ HANDLE hFile; DWORD dwSize; DWORD dw; LPBYTE lpBuffer = NULL; lstrcpy(szSoubor, TEXT("\\temp\\test.txt")); hFile = CreateFile(szSoubor, GENERIC_READ, 0, NULL, OPEN_EXISTING, 0, NULL); if(hFile == INVALID_HANDLE...

CCommand object serialize problem
my code like this: CComand<CDynamicStringAccessor> rs0; ... rs0.Open( session,sqlstr,&ps); CFile theFile; theFile.Open(curdir+"db.dat",CFile::modeWrite); CArchive ar(&theFile, CArchive::store); ar.WriteObject((CObject *)&rs0); when it runs to ar.WriteObject((CObject *)&rs0),the system always report error: the memory "0x00000001" used by code "0x00000001" can not be read what wrong with it ? what I want is to store the rs0 from memory into hard disk,so I can use it after then by read it from hard disk how can I do it correct...

Can anyone help with this problem? bug?
I installed MYIE2 (www.myie2.com) and chose it to be default browser, when I reverted back to IE as default browser it affected one thing I know in Outlook. on the toolbar, when you open up a contact, theres a "road sign button" to the right of the "red flag" I get this error, when i click on it: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Crate an assocition in the Folder Options control panel" I dont know what association to go to in Folder options and uninstalling outlook and reinstalling it did not fix the problem no...

CRM 3 SO slow after applying update rollup 2
We have been using CRM 3 for over a year. I found it to be slow, but we lived with it. I applied UR 2 to our CRM server. I open the CRM client to our contact list (we only have 4500 contacts in total) and it takes 4 minutes til the first 250 contacts are displayed. UR 2 cannot be uninstalled. WhY does this make things worse instead of better? We barely have any data in CRM (database is only 230mb) so why is it soooooooo slow?! ...

network problem
i set up one of our store using a dsl line and synchronizing to head office passing thru a router that was configured to go to a certain pc when connecting to port 34400 and 34202, the hq client log generates this error and aborted the connection: error 3704 operation is not allowed when the object is closed our other store which is connected using vpn works fine but we are deciding to change using dsl connection is there any other configuration needed to avoid this error This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0188_01C8E065.F672B350 Content-Type: text/pla...

GP SQL Server Performance monitoring, problem with CPU related loc
The past week our GP SQL Server has been locking up. All GP clients (around 15) lockup and are not able to do anything within the app. When this happens the CPU on the server maxes out. It last for around 15 minutes then the CPU goes back to normal and everyone can start to use the GP clients again. Is there a way to see what is happening? For instance maybe its a batch/transaction/query/report etc. that a user is running that is causing this. Is there a log I can review or something to help me pinpoint what process is doing this? Thanks for your input! Hi, Can you pl...

Very Strange Problem (Urgent)
On the Line date1 = COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime(); If i use F11 to step into the function GetCurrentTime the control goes to BOOL CHtmlView::GetTheaterMode() const and exception is there for me Can Someone Suggest Why UINT ThreadProc(LPVOID arg) { ::AfxOleInit(); COledateTimeThreadDlg *pDlg; pDlg = (COledateTimeThreadDlg *)arg; for(;;) { COleDateTimeSpan datespan; COleDateTime date1,date2; date1 = COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime(); ::Sleep(100); date2 = COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime(); datespan = date2-date1; } } void COledateTimeThreadDlg::OnButton1() { ::AfxBeginThread(Th...

Problems w/ Outlook 2003
Starting yesterday I have been having problems sending e-mails with Outlook 2003 SP1. I use Comcast and while I can recieve I can not send emails with multiple recipients. I get the following messages: Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC60) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has r...

Problem with blocking of main thread with other thread
I have a problem with blocking of main thread: My application contains an interpreter and I need to write a debugger for it. The mainframe creates a thread that is interpreting instructions. When I need to break execution of instruction thread, I use WaitForSingleObject(m_WaitEventHandle, INFINITE); in the interpreter thread. Everything works fine until the window is opened from the interpreter. Then the mainframe freezes. When I break execution in VC the call stack for interpreter thread shows: � NTDLL! � KERNEL32! � CDebugManager::CheckBreakpoints() � CInterpreterThread::Run() � _Afx...

exchange 2003 public folder sync, which one is updated
If I have public folders replicateing between 2 exchange 2003 systems and someone makes a change, which one is updated? The one they are connected to is the one that is updated. Users are connected to the one referred to in the properties of the Mailbox Store that houses their mailbox. "Trey" <Trey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:271997FD-E0BD-469B-A64D-2FC52FB68575@microsoft.com... > If I have public folders replicateing between 2 exchange 2003 systems and > someone makes a change, which one is updated? ...

Strange communicaiton problem between E2K3 BE & FE servers
Hi there, Exch2003SP1 with BE & FE config, both running on w2k3 (no sp) servers. All in a sudden, around 11am this morning, outgoing internet emails pending at BE's "Internet Mail - _6f11108f04be1b4fa16208b3824b69aa_S (SMTP Connector)" queue, in which when force it to retry, at additional queue information, it said "the remote server did not respond to a connection attempt". However there is no problem of incoming internet emails at the moment. Already restarted both SMTP virtual server at FE & BE, didn't help on the outgoing mails problem. On both B...

Please help with Excel formula problem!
I've spent hours and hours trying to figure this out, with no luck. I'd be PROFOUNDLY grateful if anybody can help. You have several cities, say 10, requesting various amounts of funding. You, the fund source, have a total of $1,500,000 in funds to give them. However, the total amount they're all requesting is, say, $1,655,502. You don't have enough; you only have $1,500,000. 1,500,000/1,655,502 = .9061. So, you grant EACH city 90.61% of what it requested, and all the grants total up to $1,500,000. No problem with that one, you can throw up a little spreadsheet in a few se...

how to prevent a formula in a summary sheet from automatically updating when a row is addedto the referenced sheet
I have a workbook set up that consists of several sheets and a summary sheet that refers to the third row on every other sheet. The worksheets that are referenced contain dated information that is sorted with the most recent entries entered in row 3 and these are the entries I need to track in the summary sheet. When I insert a new row 3 in these worksheets, the formula in the summary automatically updates to line 4 and I need it to always reference row 3, the newest entry. This should be simple but I cannot find the solution. Any ideas? Thanks, krisp1950 You could use the INDIRECT fun...

cd ripping problems
Recently I have had difficulty ripping my cd to my hard drive. Periodically, when I put a cd in my drive and try to rip it, the computer reboots itself, and then I am told that the computer had a serious error. It does not happen all the time. I never have difficulty ripping one of my dvds to back it up; only cds. Any answers? This is the wrong newsgroup for your message. This newsgroup is for the Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP solution. -- Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP cell: 972-814-85...

Receiving POs and the Price Field
Guys, I cannot make sense of the "Price" field on the PO receiving screen! Only the "New Price" field seems to update the item price in the database. The Price field seemingly has no functional purpose, yet it helps calculate the Extended Price and is itself a calculated field! Can someone please help me make sense of it? How is it meant to be used? Thank you This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D1_01C92F8F.1C59B640 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Tom, Without lo...

Tiling Problem
I have Office 2010 and have had the same problem in 2007, 2003 and XP. It has also been a problem with 3 different printers. I have a poster I print up on a regular basis and have a printer that prints edge to edge. I have printed with normal borders and edge to edge with the same problem. It skips printing the gaps between pages. There are missing sections and the pages do not match up properly, requiring manual filling in or smoothing of the gaps. An annoyance with black printing, but a problem with color. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks. Mike D. Look for a newer printer driver. -- ...

Problem with my Microsoft Word 2003
Hi, For some reason my 'Backspace' key no longer deletes whole words when I'm writing in word. If I highlight some text and press it, nothing happens - I have to use the 'Del' key intead. Any ideas why this has suddenly happened and how I can put it right? Tools >options > check 'typing replaces selection'. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>&...

Office 2004 security/stability update to 11.3.4 Feb 13 changes Word version
The only difference I can find is that the version number for Word has changed from 11.3.3 to 11.3.4. Entourage and Excel remain at 11.3.3. So far, all three components play nice with OS 10.4.8 on a Dual G5 2.0 I ran the updater from the Entourage/Help/Check for Updates pulldown menu. No permissions problems were found after the update. Respectfully, Norm The 11.3.4 update is a security update and it affects three specific components of Microsoft Office 2004: Microsoft Word 2004 is updated, as are the Junk E-Mail Protection and Microsoft Component Plugin files (both of which are in Appl...