Problem with old saved Money-File

Some years ago, the currency changed from local "Austrian Shillings" to
Euro. From this time on, I worked in an new money-database with euros.
The old one, i saved for possible purpose, when a look back to a
transfer is necessary.
Now there is a case to look at an old booking before 2001. I tried to
open the old file (all money-databases have a password (the same!). The
old databas (MY database) does not recognize the password - so I cannot
open the transfers before the year 2001. I'm hesitatd about that,
knowing, that it must be the password I took to open.

Any ideas in opening old database, when the passwort doesn't match?

Oh sorry, I work with money98. There was never a need to update to a
newer version, because I don't work with banking or other things out of
money. Thanx for any help or idees.

Thanx in advance
0
Wolfgang
11/21/2009 1:06:49 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Unless you deliberately delete old transactions or start a new file each
year, the current file has all transactions back to day 1. My .mny file has
all transactions back to 1995 and I deliberately keep it that way.

Have a look at http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/294.aspx and see if that
helps or other articles in the similar area.

Bob Peel

"Wolfgang Beyda" <beyda@gmx.at> wrote in message
> Some years ago, the currency changed from local "Austrian Shillings" to
> Euro. From this time on, I worked in an new money-database with euros. The
> old one, i saved for possible purpose, when a look back to a transfer is
> necessary.
> Now there is a case to look at an old booking before 2001. I tried to open
> the old file (all money-databases have a password (the same!). The old
> databas (MY database) does not recognize the password - so I cannot open
> the transfers before the year 2001. I'm hesitatd about that, knowing, that
> it must be the password I took to open.
>
> Any ideas in opening old database, when the passwort doesn't match?
>
> Oh sorry, I work with money98. There was never a need to update to a newer
> version, because I don't work with banking or other things out of money.
> Thanx for any help or idees.
>
> Thanx in advance

0
Bob

Word 2010 beta: Cannot save my Normal.dotm file
Using the Word 2010 beta on Win7. I cannot save my Normal.dotm file - at least not usefully. I can open the file, edit it, add macros to it, whatever, and it will save (in the folder directory, the .dotm file will show a change in file size). But when I close Word, or if I open a new document in Word, the Normal.dotm file is reset to the default, losing any changes I've made. I can save and use other .dotm templates; but not the default Normal.dotm template. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup...

NO "Pay Online" Checkbox Money 2006
I have NO "Pay Online" Checkbox to check and my "Pay Online" button is grayed out. This is within the Bills tab of my Microsoft Money 2006 ...

Problems with Public Folders replication
Hi guys, Some problems here. We have decided to install Exchange server 2003 SP1 on a new hardware with W2k3 SP1 on a new DC (yes, I know it is a bad practice, but...) instead of old Exchange server 2003 SP1 on an old DC on an old hardware. New one (additional) DC was brought live (with some minor problems, DNS, time, as always) without FSMO delegation (for now). Replication of users' accounts was smooth. Logs clear. After Exchange 2003 SP1 installation (with some DNS manipulations) also all was Ok. Dcdiag Ok. In ESM all Exchange servers are visible (old and new). So I have started ...

Exchange update problem

docmd.transfertext problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

SQL deadlock problem

Transfer Money 98 to money 2004
I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current data to new computer w/ money 2004. In microsoft.public.money, Brad Karris wrote: >I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new >computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current >data to new computer w/ money 2004. If you have a USB flash drive on the old machine, copy your .mny file there. Then copy the file to the new machine-- usually to your "My Documents" folder. In Windows Explorer, double-left-click the file on your new machine to ...

Money Deluxe 2006 Trial to Money Deluxe Web Download.
Purchased the "full-download" Microsoft Money Deluxe 2006 version from the trial version download. I followed all the steps to "Activate" the product with successful conclusion. However, the "Trial" nag screen continues to pop-up every time I sign onto Money 2006. To add insult to injury, when I have signed onto the Support Center, wishing to send an email to ask about this, the web-site does not recognize my "PID" (Product ID)...because it continues to believe it is the trail version....thusly only a serial number is listed. And, the SN is not r...

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

MS Money 95 data files

cant start outlook pst file to large

Where is the workspace file stored?

"Save" preferences getting lost
List members: I work on long documents and want to save my work frequently. Every time I set the "Save" preference to a brief interval like five or ten minutes, the preferences seemingly resets itself to a default of thirty minutes. I'm using Word 2008 for the Mac on an Intel running 10.6.2. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: That indicates that your user ID does not have permission to write to the preference file that Word is using, or that something is replacing the preference file. With the help of your System...

Border problems

saving and distributing a customized desktop
If there a way to customize one desktop and then copy the file to the other workstations so that they are set up the same way? I get calls all day from our users asking that I customizes their outlook to include some of the modifications I've made to my desk. We have Exchange Server and Outlook 2003 SP2. "Herb Segal" <herb@endlar.com> wrote in message news:Olsb5oBpKHA.5508@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > If there a way to customize one desktop and then copy the file to the other > workstations so that they are set up the same way? > > I get c...

Trying to read XML file into dataset

opening .bak file

Excel Problem

SOAP Exception