Problem restoring backup file from money 98 to money 04

Just upgraded to a new computer with Money 2004 --- Have
transferred my money back-up file to the new computer ---
Everytime I try to open using Money 2004 it begins the
process of converting the file and then times out (stops
responding)

Any ideas??? Extremely frustrating as I don't want to
lose 6 years of financial data ----

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)
4/25/2004 11:15:14 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

How long have you waited? It could take a long time--like tens of minutes.
While it is in this state, it will be "not responding." This doesn't mean
it's dead, just hat it's busy.

"jh227" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just upgraded to a new computer with Money 2004 --- Have
> transferred my money back-up file to the new computer ---
> Everytime I try to open using Money 2004 it begins the
> process of converting the file and then times out (stops
> responding)
>
> Any ideas??? Extremely frustrating as I don't want to
> lose 6 years of financial data ----
>
> Thanks

thanks for the response ---
I waited until Money brought up the message that it
wasn't responding and I needed to kill it -- not sure if
it was a timed default message or not --- In any case, I
did figure out I could export each one of my accounts and
re-import into Money 2004 after re-setting them up --- In
the process right now so we'll see how well it works, but
it seems to be working --- just a hassle ---

--
>> Everytime I try to open using Money 2004 it begins the
>> process of converting the file and then times out
(stops
>> responding)
>>
>> Any ideas??? Extremely frustrating as I don't want to
>> lose 6 years of financial data ----
>>
>> Thanks
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
4/26/2004 3:37:34 AM
Could you quote the message and where you are seeing it? I've never heard of
such a message from Money.

There are many problems/potential problems with the export/import route and
some stuff like loan accounts and account details just don't transfer this
way, so getting it to work directly would be much better. Can you transport
over the original .MNY file to the new machine rather than a backup? (For
reasons unknown, backups differ from the originals.) You might also consider
trying the salv repair tool on the file before trying to upgrade it. You
might also read http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=115.

Good luck.

> thanks for the response ---
> I waited until Money brought up the message that it
> wasn't responding and I needed to kill it -- not sure if
> it was a timed default message or not --- In any case, I
> did figure out I could export each one of my accounts and
> re-import into Money 2004 after re-setting them up --- In
> the process right now so we'll see how well it works, but
> it seems to be working --- just a hassle ---

File size #11

find action on log file

Banking Services Update Problem #2
I have successfully completed all of the steps as provided for in the update instructions. Initially updates were received as usual. However, now all of the accounts that were disabled and set-up again are failing to update. Message received is "Update unsuccessful" and call summary message is "Microsoft Money could not update your account. Please try to update your account again." Also after updating, the accounts that were updated never displayed a password text box. I went through the disable and set-up process again and still no password text box on the upd...

Maximum file sizes

Using Relative path for XML data file?

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Excel button problem

Question -Problem

Linking files 2 ways

AD Sync problem

Problem with Range

Having problem with spoofing email

WCF Client serialization problem

outlook 97 and express email problems

message delivery problems

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Money End of Support
I may be asking something that's already been asked 1000 times (apologies in advance), but I'm just not 100% clear on something re: Microsoft's decision to end their support of Money. I'm a current Money Plus customer who uses the online features for stock updates, credit card downloads, bank statement downloads, and investment downloads (no Bill Pay). Reading their FAQ page, it seems that service should continue until 1/31/2011. However, when I shutdown money, I get a message that says "online services will expire in 21 days (that's what I got today). After ...