Problem Downloading Account Data (OFX files) in Money Plus Deluxe

Online updating works fine for those accounts that allow free access. One
bank charges a fee for this but will allow you to download an OFX file.
Previous versions of Money had no problem reading the OFX file. Money Plus
ingnores them. The format of the files looks fine. Money Plus is the default
program for OFX files and screen switches to Money when I do a download but
no transactions show up.
--
MJJ
0

In microsoft.public.money, MJJ wrote:

>Online updating works fine for those accounts that allow free access. One
>bank charges a fee for this but will allow you to download an OFX file.
>Previous versions of Money had no problem reading the OFX file. Money Plus
>ingnores them. The format of the files looks fine. Money Plus is the default
>program for OFX files and screen switches to Money when I do a download but
>no transactions show up.

What OS are you running?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/6/2008 6:57:44 PM
Vista Home Premium
--
MJJ

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, MJJ wrote:
>
> >Online updating works fine for those accounts that allow free access. One
> >bank charges a fee for this but will allow you to download an OFX file.
> >Previous versions of Money had no problem reading the OFX file. Money Plus
> >ingnores them. The format of the files looks fine. Money Plus is the default
> >program for OFX files and screen switches to Money when I do a download but
> >no transactions show up.
>
> What OS are you running?

0
MJJ (5)
10/6/2008 8:15:02 PM
In microsoft.public.money, MJJ wrote:

>Vista Home Premium
>--
>MJJ
>

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, MJJ wrote:
>>
>> >Online updating works fine for those accounts that allow free access. One
>> >bank charges a fee for this but will allow you to download an OFX file.
>> >Previous versions of Money had no problem reading the OFX file. Money Plus
>> >ingnores them. The format of the files looks fine. Money Plus is the default
>> >program for OFX files and screen switches to Money when I do a download but
>> >no transactions show up.
>>
>> What OS are you running?

I suggest you reinstall Money by browsing to the setup file.
Right-click that file, and choose RunAsAdministrator.

After install, right-click the Money icon and choose
RunAsAdministrator to let potential updates happen.  Reboot the
computer.  You should not have to run as Administrator normally.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/6/2008 9:58:56 PM
I did as you suggested and still have the problem.
--
MJJ

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, MJJ wrote:
>
> >Vista Home Premium
> >--
> >MJJ

> >> What OS are you running?
> >>

> I suggest you reinstall Money by browsing to the setup file.
> Right-click that file, and choose RunAsAdministrator.
>
> After install, right-click the Money icon and choose
> RunAsAdministrator to let potential updates happen.  Reboot the
> computer.  You should not have to run as Administrator normally.

0
MJJ (5)
10/7/2008 3:36:01 AM
In microsoft.public.money, MJJ wrote:

>I did as you suggested and still have the problem.

So on the AccountList screen, you get no entries in the ToReview
column. Right?

See if you have any closed account that Money might have associated
with the OFX file.  Open the account, and try downloading again.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/7/2008 3:50:39 AM
To review is zero. I don't have any closed accounts. It happens on several
accounts. The bank is Chase.
--
MJJ

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, MJJ wrote:
>
> >I did as you suggested and still have the problem.
>
> So on the AccountList screen, you get no entries in the ToReview
> column. Right?
>
> See if you have any closed account that Money might have associated
> with the OFX file.  Open the account, and try downloading again.

0
MJJ (5)
10/7/2008 12:11:01 PM
In microsoft.public.money, MJJ wrote:

>To review is zero.

It says that???

> I don't have any closed accounts. It happens on several
>accounts. The bank is Chase.

I would contact Microsoft support.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/7/2008 2:31:33 PM
Chase (formerly BankOne)?  If so call their tech support.  They recently
changed their system to merge it into the Chase (formerly Chase) database.
This clearly messed things up for direct downloads (see "
Chase update issues anyone?" starting on 9/29.  But it might affect manual
downloads as well.
--
Peace,
BobJ

> In microsoft.public.money, MJJ wrote:
>
>>To review is zero.
>
> It says that???
>
>> I don't have any closed accounts. It happens on several
>>accounts. The bank is Chase.
>
> I would contact Microsoft support.

0
Privacy1 (389)
10/7/2008 2:54:05 PM
Thanks- the problem is at Chase. They know what the problem is and are
working on a fix.
--
MJJ