Problem converting Quicken to Money 2008

I am trying out the new Money since I'm having so much trouble downloading
quotes from Quicken.  When I convert, it MOSTLY goes ok, but for some
reason, certain transfers dating after Oct. of 2005 do not get converted as
transfers.  They are generally withdrawals from my checking account that get
transfered to the Cash account.  Cash transfers that are part of a split
show up fine as transfers, but transfers that are not part of a split have
nothing in the category section, and Money treats them as expenses.  There
are also a lot of transfers from checking to pay my credit card that don't
get converted as transfers.  Correcting all of them would be a very large
problem because MS does not include transfers in the "find and replace"
category section, only standard categories.  I don't imagine there is any
solution to this problem.  Too bad Money can't get it right, because I would
possibly be a new customer without this problem.

0
jander41 (3)
1/22/2008 9:22:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

"JoRene " <jander41@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
> Correcting all of them would be a very large problem because MS does
> not include transfers in the "find and replace" category section,
> only standard categories.  I don't imagine there is any solution to
> this problem.

Unless there are hundreds, find and replace might still be useful. Use
it to find the transactions in question, then double-click and edit
those transactions individually. If you use right-click copy/paste, it
can go pretty quickly. You may be able to accomplish the same by
simply sorting the register, if the transaction description lends
itself to that approach.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)

Problems with creating a newsletter

CSV File Problem

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Money Plus not Updating Quotes

Month problem

Rounding Problem

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Converting Opportunity to Account

Offline folder problems #2

outlook 2k2 problem

OLK 2k7

Mother of a sumproduct (ish) problem!

Hyperlink problem #3

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Spam is a big big problem
Spam is a big big problem ...

Problem with Database Wizard

Strange problem
We have been rolling out new Windows 7 workstations (all new computers) at work over the last few months and a strange problem has developed. Prior to Windows 7 we were using Windows XP with Office 2007. The problem is, we have a workbook which uses a UserForm for filling in all required information. Prior to rolling out the new Windows 7 workstations, the workbook and UserForm were working flawlessly (for over a year) and they still work flawlessly on the first 3 Windows 7 workstations but on the last 2 workstations we rolled out if you open the UserForm and leave it open for ...

Money 2004 Debt Planner #2