Problem again with Downloading OFX files

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01C57641.B290E800

Hello,

I previously had a problem downloading OFX files.  The problem went away =
and I never understood what caused the problem.

The error I get is as follows:

"A communication error occurred. Please try your call again. If you =
continue=20
to have problems call your financial institution's Online Services =
Customer=20
Support."

It happens at multiple banks and also happens whether I open the file =
from the website or download it and then open it.  I have cleared my =
browsers cache, deleted all the cookies, deleted all the temp files to =
no avail.

I have also re-installed Money and nothing.  I have disabled the =
firewall and virus software.

Can anyone help here?

Thanks,
Jon

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01C57641.B290E800

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I previously had a problem downloading =
OFX=20
files.&nbsp; The problem went away and I never understood what caused =
the=20
problem.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The error I get is as =
follows:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"A communication error occurred. Please =
try your=20
call again. If you continue <BR>to have problems call your financial=20
institution's Online Services Customer <BR>Support."</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It happens at multiple banks and also =
happens=20
whether I open the file from the website or download it and then open =
it.&nbsp;=20
I have cleared my browsers cache, deleted all the cookies, deleted all =
the temp=20
files to no avail.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have also re-installed Money and =
nothing.&nbsp; I=20
have disabled the firewall and virus software.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Can anyone help here?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jon</FONT><FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><BR><FONT =
size=3D2></FONT></FONT></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01C57641.B290E800--

0
jprankin (6)
6/21/2005 1:14:59 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Jon Rankin wrote:

>I previously had a problem downloading OFX files.  The problem went away and I never understood what caused the problem.
>
>The error I get is as follows:
>
>"A communication error occurred. Please try your call again. If you continue
>to have problems call your financial institution's Online Services Customer
>Support."
>
>It happens at multiple banks and also happens whether I open the file from the website or download it and then open it.

Now that is an interesting symptom. Check to see if the OFX files
that you read that way contain "<SEVERITY>ERROR" in them.

Save an OFX file that does not give you an error. Later File->Import
that file when you are experiencing problems. It should not give an
error.

> I have cleared my browsers cache, deleted all the cookies, deleted all the temp files to no avail.
>
>I have also re-installed Money and nothing.  I have disabled the firewall and virus software.
>
>Can anyone help here?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
6/21/2005 2:07:50 PM
None of the OFX's contain <severity>error.

The strange part is that this happens with all my banks.  Bank of America is
one.

It also happens with older OFX files that had previously worked.

But I did uninstall and reinstall the software....

This is puzzling and frustrating.

Thanks Cal.

> In microsoft.public.money, Jon Rankin wrote:
>

>>I previously had a problem downloading OFX files.  The problem went away
>>and I never understood what caused the problem.
>>
>>The error I get is as follows:
>>
>>"A communication error occurred. Please try your call again. If you
>>continue
>>to have problems call your financial institution's Online Services
>>Customer
>>Support."
>>
>>It happens at multiple banks and also happens whether I open the file from
>>the website or download it and then open it.
>
> Now that is an interesting symptom. Check to see if the OFX files
> that you read that way contain "<SEVERITY>ERROR" in them.
>
> Save an OFX file that does not give you an error. Later File->Import
> that file when you are experiencing problems. It should not give an
> error.
>

>> I have cleared my browsers cache, deleted all the cookies, deleted all
>> the temp files to no avail.
>>
>>I have also re-installed Money and nothing.  I have disabled the firewall
>>and virus software.
>>
>>Can anyone help here?

0
jprankin (6)
6/22/2005 12:43:46 AM
Okay, so I am still experiencing the problem.

Here is new data.  I can create a new money file and importing or opening
the OFX file into the new MNY file works.  So, I repaired my old money file
(quick and standard) but I still get the error....

So it would seem to me that the problem lies somewhere in my MNY file but I
have no clue what is wrong or how to fix it....

Any suggestions with this?

"Jon Rankin" <jprankin@gmail.com> wrote in message
> None of the OFX's contain <severity>error.
>
> The strange part is that this happens with all my banks.  Bank of America
> is one.
>
> It also happens with older OFX files that had previously worked.
>
> But I did uninstall and reinstall the software....
>
> This is puzzling and frustrating.
>
> Thanks Cal.
>

> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, Jon Rankin wrote:
>>

>>>I previously had a problem downloading OFX files.  The problem went away
>>>and I never understood what caused the problem.
>>>
>>>The error I get is as follows:
>>>
>>>"A communication error occurred. Please try your call again. If you
>>>continue
>>>to have problems call your financial institution's Online Services
>>>Customer
>>>Support."
>>>
>>>It happens at multiple banks and also happens whether I open the file
>>>from the website or download it and then open it.
>>
>> Now that is an interesting symptom. Check to see if the OFX files
>> that you read that way contain "<SEVERITY>ERROR" in them.
>>
>> Save an OFX file that does not give you an error. Later File->Import
>> that file when you are experiencing problems. It should not give an
>> error.
>>

>>> I have cleared my browsers cache, deleted all the cookies, deleted all
>>> the temp files to no avail.
>>>
>>>I have also re-installed Money and nothing.  I have disabled the firewall
>>>and virus software.
>>>
>>>Can anyone help here?

0
jprankin (6)
6/22/2005 1:28:02 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Jon Rankin wrote:

>Okay, so I am still experiencing the problem.
>
>Here is new data.  I can create a new money file and importing or opening
>the OFX file into the new MNY file works.  So, I repaired my old money file
>(quick and standard) but I still get the error....
>
>So it would seem to me that the problem lies somewhere in my MNY file but I
>have no clue what is wrong or how to fix it....
>
>Any suggestions with this?

I would suggest you File->Restore a backup file that predates the
problem. If you have no suitable backup file,

1. Do a standard repair or salv.exe on your .mny file and hope that
fixes it. If it does not, consider QIF export and import. More
comments to follow on that if it comes to that....

2. Review your backup policy.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
6/22/2005 2:44:31 AM
What version of Money?
Have you looked up the error code in the Microsoft Knowledge Base.
Specifically have you looked at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;891337

-Mark

> Okay, so I am still experiencing the problem.
>
> Here is new data.  I can create a new money file and importing or opening
> the OFX file into the new MNY file works.  So, I repaired my old money
file
> (quick and standard) but I still get the error....
>
> So it would seem to me that the problem lies somewhere in my MNY file but
> have no clue what is wrong or how to fix it....
>
> Any suggestions with this?
>
> "Jon Rankin" <jprankin@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > None of the OFX's contain <severity>error.
> >
> > The strange part is that this happens with all my banks.  Bank of
America
> > is one.
> >
> > It also happens with older OFX files that had previously worked.
> >
> > But I did uninstall and reinstall the software....
> >
> > This is puzzling and frustrating.
> >
> > Thanks Cal.
> >

> > "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message

> >> Now that is an interesting symptom. Check to see if the OFX files
> >> that you read that way contain "<SEVERITY>ERROR" in them.
> >>
> >> Save an OFX file that does not give you an error. Later File->Import
> >> that file when you are experiencing problems. It should not give an
> >> error.

0
abcd7779 (838)

Outlook 2000 doesn't respond after downloading MS update!!
Luckily, my Outlook Express seems to work, but my Outlook 2000 will open, but if I click on a message or do Anything, it FREEZES. HELP!! I rely on calendar functions, other things. HOW could MS allow an update that screws up their own programs? I did restore - to no avail. I lent CD to someone, so can't do "repair." (Trying to get a hold of friend) Please help! I'm in process of job hunt & really need Outlook to function... Thanks, Sherry Did you recently apply SP3 for Office/Outlook 2000 and is Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode? If yes, you...

How to get XML data out of an XML file

Multiple PST Files #2

Money 2006 file repair application error

Problem with systemstate backup with DPM 2010
Hi! We running DPM 2010RC on a Windows 2008 R2 The Protected computer is: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003, Standard Edition 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 Build 3790 When we installed the DPM agent the first backup of system state was successfully, so we have one restore point. But further backups in failing, the system state backup is in status “replica is inconsistent” and when I running a consistent check the job failing. In the error in DPM is: The replica of System Protection Computer\System Protection on sea0700smon1.xxxx.local is inconsistent with the protected data so...

Application hanging on file load...
Okay, I'm having the strangest problem, and I'm hoping somebody here will be able to give me an idea of how to attack it... I have an MFC application that does some networked communication, multi-threading, fun stuff... I also load and save xml configuration files. Now, on most of the computers I've run my software on, I have absolutely no problems. On SOME boxes, however, whenever I use my menu to try to load or save a file... before the File Dialog box even comes up... the application hangs. All the boxes I've tried this on have been Windows 2000 boxes with Service Pack 4....

can't open files

Questiontest-outlookwebservices problem
hi all and thanks for the support. i'm facing a problem with test.outlookwebservices. notice that oulook side everything seems to be pretty good: the autodiscovery and auto-configuration of the account succeedes, the test email autoconfiguration suceedes too. when i launch the test, once it suceedes for certain services and after a while it fails for those services and suceedes for other. look the prints: here are failing the RPC tests Message : [EXCH] The UM is configured for this user in the AutoDiscover response received from https://mytest-EXC1. myt...

Font problem
It seems that the Cambria Math font has recently acquired an extremely large Ascent and Descent. Has it perhaps always been that way and I've never noticed it before, or is it something recent, perhaps a Vista thing? Try the following code for example. For Arial and Times New Roman (and virtually all other fonts) I am getting pretty much exactly what I would expect (a TextHeight that is a bit larger than the point size) but for Cambria Math I am getting an extremely large TextHeight (I get exactly the same results using GDI32 methods). At this end (on my Vista Business laptop...

08 Mac Office activation problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Just found an article posted by michellec and I am faced with exactly the same problem - on 'activation' of the product, none of the 3 product keys seem to be correct, hence activation is unsuccessful!! Have received some help emails (and thanks Diana yours had the microsoft help number that has been good, despite the fact they can't help me and tell me I must get in touch with Digital River) but seems that what I need is another product key, and now that I'm asking for that since about 10 days, I don't get any reply ...

I can no longer convert my files to pdf

Outlook Data Files #4

Autoshapes' visible problem
When I add some Rectangle autoshapes above the embeded chart, I find it's hard to control it's visibility, They maybe hide when I select some cell or activate chart. I want to know how to make them always visible no matter what I select. Thank you in advance! ^_^ Yours,fujing You need to click on the chart before you use the drawing tool. In this way the Shape and the Chart become one. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fujing1003" <fujing1003@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171358292.074278.135950@v33g2000cwv...

Backup Excel file

Download of Money 2005
Downloaded 2005 and keep getting error message that Setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run money. Try installing money again. I tried and tried. It will not work. Called support-held for 30 mins.-no answer. What now? ...

Rule to automatically mark header to download based on contact list?
Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? TIA. Rich On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Hi Ben: 2003 SP1 Rich "Ben M. Schorr - MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message news:op.spuxh8sf6r4cx1@bms-tablet2.scgab.com... > On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > > > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? > > What version of Outlook are you using? > > > -- >...

Utility (pref. script) to catalog .EDB files
Hi, I have a client that is using an Enterprise backup tool which, whilst able to back-up and restore, does not provide in-depth information like traditional Exchange-aware backup products. I have been asked to write a script to list the users in a flat .EDB file (which has been snapped and copied and flushed using SAN replication tools). I have taken a look at the ESE API, which can only be accessed using C + (I only use VB). Other than EXMERGE, does anyone know of any tools that allow you to list the basic mailbox details on a EDB file? Thanks, Hutton. ...

List folders to file

Hyperlink File Help

IMPORTING MONEY FILES DUP ENTRIES
I have been unable to run money98 files in money2003.Tried importing files but all tranfers between accounts are duplicated. Don't understand how to import all the accounts at once. I created new accounts in 2003 and imported one by one, but any transactions between accounts is duplicated. Follow the prompts on the import file dialog that tell you to select multiple files to import at the same time. There are other guidelines if investment accounts are involved. You might want to review postings on this subject in the group archives at http://groups.google.com. "JAYNE" &l...

Lost .pst files
I am using Office XP with Outlook 2002 (SP2). I recently had a boot track failure on my old computer which had 2 hard drives, using the second drive as back-up storage. I bought a new computer and installed the old main drive (the one with the failed boot track) in my new computer as a second drive and copied all the data onto the new main drive. All data and software works except Outlook. I cannot find any .pst files on my old drive. Where could they be. BTW I use Matadore as a spam blocker. In article <014e01c3462e$561cbdf0$a101280a@phx.gbl>, daddyray01 @sport.rr.com say...

Read file info using SMO locks database!
Hi! I'm using SMO from C# to restore a database from a backup file. Since I want to re-use the same datafiles I try to read the datafiles in my destination database and call RelocateFile to use these filenames during the restore. Everyting works fine except when I try to read the current datafilenames (see code below). If I skip this code and just hardcode the paths in relocatefile everything works fine. Database db = svr.Databases[destinationDBName]; foreach (FileGroup group in db.FileGroups) foreach (DataFile file in group.Files) Console.WriteLine...