Possible to show stock price next to its option?

Money 2005 Premium does a reasonably good job of handling equity options
(biggest problem: doesn't exercise written puts properly).  It would be very
handy to see in a portfolio or report the stock price of the underlying
security for an option.

For example, if I sell a $25 June 05 Microsoft Put, I can see lots of
information about that option in reports and the portfolio screen.  However,
I don't see the choice of seeing the underlying stock price - Microsoft's
stock price - next to the option.  This would be really handy to know how far
the option is in/at/out of the money.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Miles
0
Miles (62)
2/3/2005 3:23:04 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Miles wrote:

>Money 2005 Premium does a reasonably good job of handling equity options
>(biggest problem: doesn't exercise written puts properly).  It would be very
>handy to see in a portfolio or report the stock price of the underlying
>security for an option.
>
>For example, if I sell a $25 June 05 Microsoft Put, I can see lots of
>information about that option in reports and the portfolio screen.  However,
>I don't see the choice of seeing the underlying stock price - Microsoft's
>stock price - next to the option.  This would be really handy to know how far
>the option is in/at/out of the money.
>
>Is there a way to do this?

You could name the option and the stock so they start out the same.
"Microsoft" and "Microsoft Jan 04 30 Put" and sort the portfolio by
name.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/3/2005 3:35:16 AM
That's actually a good solution, though one I won't implement because I need
to have the underlying stock price show in a column within a View that only
has options.    But thanks for the suggestion.

Miles

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Miles wrote:
>
> >Money 2005 Premium does a reasonably good job of handling equity options
> >(biggest problem: doesn't exercise written puts properly).  It would be very
> >handy to see in a portfolio or report the stock price of the underlying
> >security for an option.
> >
> >For example, if I sell a $25 June 05 Microsoft Put, I can see lots of
> >information about that option in reports and the portfolio screen.  However,
> >I don't see the choice of seeing the underlying stock price - Microsoft's
> >stock price - next to the option.  This would be really handy to know how far
> >the option is in/at/out of the money.
> >
> >Is there a way to do this?
>
> You could name the option and the stock so they start out the same.
> "Microsoft" and "Microsoft Jan 04 30 Put" and sort the portfolio by
> name.

0
Taub (2)

New on-line services at institution but Money 2004 doesn't show th
Fairly recently my credit card issuer added online account download services. I have gone to the institution and used it to download a qif file. But when I click on this institutions name in the list presented by on-line services manager it doesn't show any services. (The name is in the list.) Is there a process where the list is updated with newly offered services? If so, how long should it take for a new one to appear. Or is there someone I can notify with the name of the institution who can then add the service. Thanks -- Harris S. Freeman Alliance Strategies and Programs ...

Device won't show
I've been trying to sync music onto my Mp3 player but, when connected, it does not appear on the Sync Pane. The device says it is connected and I have tried using different cords but I get the same result: nothing. I am not sure if it is a malfunction with the computer, the device, or Windows Media Player but I need help soon! Thanks! ...

Subform shows over control set to bring to front.
I have a text box and a rectangle filled in. I also have a subform that I wish to be behind the text box and rectangle until called. Subform is set modal=no, popup=no. Problem is: Even sending subform to back and controls to front....the subform always shows through. Is there a way to resolve? Or do I have to make all subforms invisible until called? -- Thanks for your help, Chris ...

How do I move ot next row in macro
I have an excel macro where I need to tell the selection to move down one row from the currently select row. What is the correct syntax to do that? James Lysaght "JamesL" <forgeddaboudit@spamblock.duh> wrote in message news:z11se.4667$hK3.4443@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... >I have an excel macro where I need to tell the selection to move down one >row from the currently select row. > > What is the correct syntax to do that? Hi James, ActiveCell(2, 1).Select However, it is rarely necessary (and is usually inefficient) to make physical select...

Excel pie chart title words break to next line between letters?
I am working on a Powerpoint 2003 slide with an Excel pie chart embeded in it. One of the titles (the word "convection") breaks between the "o" and "n" in "tion". I can't seem to be able to adjust the space allotted. How can I correct this? -- Sweetsweed ...

Sharing Options
Sharing Options? What is this feature for. It is on the Tools options menu. It returns an error from the browser. The address specificed is money://@surf.mar@/mu_welcome.htm. Anyone know anything about this. This may be why I cannot synch. Are you running XP SP2? Someone mentioned this could be the issue. I haven't seen anyone report that it works. "w_oppenheim" <woppenhe@ucla.edu> wrote in message news:cjubbg$f7t$1@daisy.noc.ucla.edu... > Sharing Options? What is this feature for. It is on the Tools options > menu. It returns an error from the brows...

File backup option
Usually most programs have a feature where there is a timed backup made of each file you work on. The back up is saved in the directory or folder the user chooses. Tools/options/save seems not to produce the desired results where the Autorecover save location I create is something like D:\Excel\backup, and set for a specific number of minutes. Any help here would certainly be appreciated I have always had good success with this forum and thank any and all who have provided solutions to my problems. I usually work for quite a while on the problem to see if I can figure it out myself w...

row that needs to wait till the next page break befor copying
I have a Macro that hides and copies visible cells to worksheet 3, but, I have a certain row that needs to wait till the next page break befor copying so that I don't have to manually adjust them. Moving them manually takes 25 minutes 2-3 times a day, if there is a way it would really save me. ...

Is it possible for Sent Items to show the person it was sent to?
Sent Items displays the sender of an email, is it possible for the recipient of an email to be displayed instead? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ >-----Original Message----- > >Sent Items displays the sender of an email, is it possible for the >recipient of an email to be displayed instead? > > >------------------------------------------------ >~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ >~~View and post usenet messages ...

XML files on local profile, usage? possible to move to differnt path?
Hi there, we have found some XML files on desktops running online/offline outlook client, we want to know what they are being used for and whether we can change the path for storing these files. The size of these files varies depending on the size of data base and the issue is that some of our client have strict profile limit for the user. Having these files by default in the user profile is not idea for us and if possible want to change the location of these files. The location of these files are as shown below. Does anyone know what they are being used for and how to change the loca...

is it possible to "hide" the color of a color-filled field on the.
I have highlited a couple of fields in color on a spreadsheet...suddenly I cannot see the color on the screen unless I am in print preview? What happened? Hi maybe High-Contrast is enabled. See: OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320531 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "wreggiew" <wreggiew@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:18DF928F-5589-4512-A00C-551347640AA5@microsoft.com... > I have highlited a couple of fields in color on a spreadsheet...suddenly I > c...

Trendlines in a column chart not showing
I cannot get my trendlines for mass moves and disposals to show up on m chart although they show on the legend. Why and how do I fix it Attachment filename: new archival ssus cumulative 2003.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=42988 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Not sure of the reason, probably something to do with dates. Try changing the x-axis type to automatic. Right-click on chart and chose chart options. On the axis tab set x axis to automatic. chameleon43341 < wrote: > I cannot get my trendlines for mass moves...

Ribbon: Controling Which Tab Shows With Each Form
Need a way other than using Sendkeys in the Form_Activate event. To display a certain ribbon tab with a particular form. Using the keyboard Alt key shows the keyboard shortcut to click individual ribbon tabs. When the ribbon is loaded a ribbon object is created which allows you to invalidate the ribbon or a control on it. Contextual Tab's is not the answer because 4 of the 5 TAB's on the Ribbon have groups of forms that should have a specific ribbon Tab displayed. -- Thanks Tom Tom, Have a look at www.accessribbon.com maybe you can find an answer there... -- Maurice Ausum ...

Data showing incorrectly on line chart #2
I've asked this question before, but since FOR THE LIFE OF ME I can't figure out how to bring up my previous question on the Microsoft board, I've posted it again. (Before I get tons of answers on how to pull it up again, let me just state that I've probably tried them all before. I've run my screen name through Google and found the question on other boards, but since I'm not a member of those boards, unless I join, I can't post a question/answer there. I've run the EXACT question through this MS board and haven't come up with a thing. I've ru...

data labels to show value, label & percent
Does anyone know how to show data labels for percent, label AND th value all at once? I tried to use the concatenate formula, but i won't keep formats, such as a dollar amount containing dollar sign comma separators and correct decimal places. Thank -- niha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nihad's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3028 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50172 Hi, You need to format the values within the CONCATENATE function by using the TEXT function. As...

pivot tables using same heading to show multiple data information
I have a pivot table that lists the top 5 highest paid sales people on my team. Now I want to be able to have the pivot table also show the remaining sales people (20 more people) and their grand total of what they made for the year. But it only shows the top 5. Does anyone know how I can get it to show both? ...

Web Part Calendar Option
I added the calendar option to the web part in SharePoint 2007 as a right hand side web part. Does anyone know how to adjust the size? The Calendar is so large. I am looking to reduce the size. You can't. You need to use a third party calendar web part solution. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Alaska1" <Alaska1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8822FBA-819C-4B7D-A4F6-C6C032CD39C9@microsoft.com... > I added the calendar option to the web part in SharePoint 2007 as a right > hand side web...

Provide a way to remove menu options if user doesn't have access
If a user does not have access to the Sales module, for example, provide the ability remove all menu choices that relate to that module. So, they would not see "Sales" under Transactions, Inquiry, Reports, etc. The customer that I am working with would like to remove the System menu choice for a group of users. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the su...

Credit Card Payment Reminder not showing up in Bill Summary
I've got a credit card payment in Bill Summary that is not "linked" to the credit card account in Money 2K7 Home and Business, therefore it's not showing up monthly with the balance to be paid off, etc. is there a way to restablish the link, or to create a new credit card payment in Bill Summary? Thanks! ...

Qucik Access Toolbar not showing custom controls
Hi All, I'm having a problem with the QAT in access 07 I'm trying to add custom buttons via XML, and not having any luck. I can populate the QAT with IDMSO controls, but when I use a custom id button it doesn't show in the QAT bar. Below is a sample code I have been working with, the Copy and Paste buttons will show up but not the Test button. <customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/ customui"> <ribbon startFromScratch="true"> <qat> <documentControls> <button id="Test1" label=&q...

Printing Multiple Sale Price Labels
We currently put 50 or so different items on sale each week. Normally we print out special price tage for these items to reflect the sale price. This involves going into each item, changing the price to the sale price, printing the label, and then changing the price back. Is there an easier way? Lance, We offer a RMS Add-in called RITE Label that knows when you put an item on sale, and from it's list you can see all items you put on sale on a given date. You can then choose which items to print labels for and how many copies to print. Very convenient, and this is only a drop in...

Cost price is incorrect in detailed sales report
When a detailed sales report is run, the cost column only gives the price of a single item. Can someone tell me how to get a total cost column. My sales figure is always off because of the cost column. -- Kay Kay: Normally, we just export these reports into Excel and do the rest on the spreadsheet. Ron "Kay" wrote: > When a detailed sales report is run, the cost column only gives the price of > a single item. Can someone tell me how to get a total cost column. My sales > figure is always > off because of the cost column. > -- > Kay ...

No email options in Outlook
Have a new Outlook install that has no email options. Uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing. This is a brand new XP machine. The calendaring and contacts portion of Outlook is there, but can't do email. I can setup an email account, but when trying to send a message I get an error about not being able to access the PST file, which is there. It also says to go to Control Panel and click Mail and setup a personal store, but this has already been done. JRC wrote: > Have a new Outlook install that has no email options. Uninstalled and > reinstalled and still nothing. Th...

Attachment Mailing Alert
Exchange server 2003 with Outlook 2000 clients. Is it possible to have an alert message sent to one or more clients whenever a certain file type is sent to or received from an external address as an attachment. I am trying to control the sending and receiving of drawing files. TIA Phil ...

If statements with times
Hello, I have a form with a start and a finish time (2 text boxs), and another text box call WAITING_TIME that calculates the difference. I'm trying to execute some code if that waiting time is less than one minute. I've tried to use this code in the After Update event of the finish time: If DateDiff("n", Me.START_TIME, Me.FINISH_TIME) <= #12:01:00 AM# Then Do While Len(Me.OBSERVATIONS.Value) = 0 MsgBox "The processing time is unusually short. Please enter notes exaplining the reason ", , "Short Process Time" Me.OBSERVATIONS.SetFocus Loop End If ...