portfolio value over time

I run Money 2004 and i can't do some things i think are
really basic - main two (related issues) that bother me
are: 1) is there any way to view the value of my entire
investment portfolio over time (e.g. as a chart showing
basically just price * volume of shares i own for each
investment, combined to show all investments together)?
2) is there any way to view price history for all my
holdings as an indexed value (0% at the start growing up
or down based on % change in price) as opposed to
absolute value? Some shares are $20 each some are $200
each - doesn't make sense to show on the same graph
unless indexed...
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, jonathan altman wrote:

>I run Money 2004 and i can't do some things i think are
>really basic - main two (related issues) that bother me
>are: 1) is there any way to view the value of my entire
>investment portfolio over time (e.g. as a chart showing
>basically just price * volume of shares i own for each
>investment, combined to show all investments together)?

See Reports->ReportsGallery->WhatIHave->NetWorthOverTime

Customize to limit the accounts you want included, time, etc.

>2) is there any way to view price history for all my
>holdings as an indexed value (0% at the start growing up
>or down based on % change in price) as opposed to
>absolute value? Some shares are $20 each some are $200
>each - doesn't make sense to show on the same graph
>unless indexed...

Reports->ReportsGallery->Investing->PriceHistory should do that.

Customize to limit the investments you want included, time frame,
etc.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/27/2004 3:34:55 PM
problem with these approaches is:

1) this doesn't show the value by investment, only the
aggregate account value

2) these aren't indexed

Time performance Chart
Greetings. (help) I need to develop a chart that graphically depicts an employees start time and end time each day. This chart would be a bar chart. The bar chart would have days of the month along the bottom, and the side would start at 00:00 at the bottom and end at 24:00 at the top. I need to be able to enter an employees start time and end time and have it charted along the bar. So if the employee started at 07:00 and ended work at 18:00, the chart would show a colored bar that corresponds to the start time and the end time. Also, if an employee came back to work the chart would refl...

Return values that sum to a known value
I have a list of data and would like to know if there is a formula that would return any items from that list that sum to a known value. Have a look at this thread for something similar: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?pg=7&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions&fltr= Regards, Tom "lmattern" wrote: > I have a list of data and would like to know if there is a formula that would > return any items from that list that sum to a known value. ...

date/time formatting

Time Conversion
I need help in converting time. I am using data from a time clock which currently formats time as 1.5. When I input this data into a cell how can I have it formated to read 1 hour and 30 minutes (1:30) T.I.A. Ed What you could do in an adjacent row or column is format them as Time and then using a formula, divide the input time by 24(hours in a day). >-----Original Message----- >I need help in converting time. I am using data from a time clock which >currently formats time as 1.5. When I input this data into a cell how can I >have it formated to read 1 hour and 30 minut...

Sum Times
I have four fields on a form to show time. I want a seprate "Total" field to add the time between the first two fields and then add the time between the second two fields. Like this: In LunchOut LunchIn Out Total 6:00am 12:00pm 12:30pm 4:30pm 10 hours The first four fields are stored as medium times. Can someone let me know how to do this? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200707/1 "ladybug via AccessMonster.com&quo...

time formats #3
I have an Excel sheet with a long list of times spent on various projects. The times should all be in minutes and seconds. The first time reads 2:29 and I know that is accurate, for 2 min, 29 seconds. In the formula bar, it reads, 2:29:00 AM. Another...the cell displays 0:40 and I know that is right, for 40 seconds. But in the formula bar, I see 12:40:00 AM I want numbers, but apparently I am looking at times. I tried changing the format. When I check the format for 2:29, it comes up Custom and says it is hh:mm, not mm:ss. I tried changing it to mm:ss, but that changes the displa...

Winmail takes 4 minutes to load at boot time
Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes to load Win mail. I used the "event Viewer" to see what was happening. It showed ESENT with ID 102--start Win mail, then the next event is ESENT ID 103 4 minutes later--terminate Win mail. Anyone have a clue why it is taking Win mail so long to load? Win mail works fine after computer loads. Fred Dwight Fred wrote: > Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After > logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes ...

Taking a loooong time for new mailboxes to appear.
Hello, We have a tool which creates a batch of mailboxes, then logs into each one via MAPI to migrate old messages. Today we ran the tool and mailbox-enabled 300+ mailboxes in one go. Although the Exchange tabs were present and the SMTP address was filled out on each user in ADUC, the mailboxes didn't appear in ESM until about an hour later. How is that possible? Manually running RUS didn't help either. We've got one DC and a separate E2k3 server. Thanks, - Alan. Any RED errors in the event logs on that Exchange box during that time> "Alan" wrote: > Hello, ...

set value of a group of activex control points
Have a spreadsheet that has some 20+ activex control points (option buttons). Is there a way to group all these controls together & set their initial values the same? Trying to setup a "reset" type of operation that would clear all control points. I can do them individually via properties, but it's too time consuming. Any suggestions? ...

Storing distinct values in an array
Hello .. in the speadsheet, i have a column containing a series of numbers maybe of them repeated multiple times... i would like to store all distinct values in an array any ideas on how i could do that ... eg , if these were the numbers going down column then 1 3 5 7 5 3 5 7 5 4 3 4 5 7 8 5 3 .. store 1,3,5,7,9,4,8 in an array, in no specifi order thank you shimee -- shimee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shimeel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1583 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showt...

how do I format cells to change date and time to just date
I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it to show just the date and not the time. Going into format and clicking on the date and changing doesnt work. Probably the cells aren't really dates, but text. You can check with the ISTEXT() function. If they are text, formatting doesn't have any effect. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "bondam" <bondam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4D61EC1-30E2-4723-89E1-F47B545818EE@microsoft.com... >I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it t...

Counting the number of times more than 1 variable occurs
I need to determine how many Separations were processed by a particular salesperson. A | B 1 MIKE | SEPARATION 2 MIKE | LEAVE 3 SARA | SEPARATION 4 JOE | SEPARATION 5 JAMIE | LEAVE 6 MIKE | LEAVE 7 JOE | LEAVE 8 SARA | SEPARATION The only way I can think of is the COUNTIF Funtion *COUNTIF(-range,criteria-)* =COUNTIF(A1:A8,(A1:A8="MIKE")*(B1:B8="SEPARATION")) This does not work though. The results return 0 with no errors when the answer should be 1. does anyone else know of a wa...

Populate cell with a value if another cell has a certain value
All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street. Is there a simple way of doin this? EXCEL 2007 Try:- =IF((F4="Bond Street"),"CX/025966","") If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "B2ORL" wrote: > All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value > CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street. > > Is there a simple way of doin this? Use IF() =IF(F4="Bond Street","CX/02...

Show zero values
When a formula returns a zero value, the zero value is not being displayed. I have reviewed the following: - conditional formatting - zero values are checked (Tools/Options/View) - stepped through my VB code (it inserts formulae based on a Worksheet Change event) - locked and hidden values unchecked with and without protection (this should have no effect when the sheet is unprotected) Are there any other circumstances that result in a zero value not being displayed? Are there any other reasons for this occurrence? Cheers John Check also normal cell formatting! there are formats that hide ...

CButton::GetButtonStyle()
hi! is it possible that the function GetButtonStyle() returns one single style value? where can i get information when to use a mask and when to use the plain value? how about other controls/windows? actually i am a little bit confused about this... thanks, philipp "Philipp Huber" <philipp.huber@innval.com> wrote in message news:bonpkq$7hi$04$1@news.t-online.com... > hi! > > is it possible that the function GetButtonStyle() returns one single style > value? I'm not sure what you're asking, but GetButtonStyle returns the LOBYTE of the GetWindowLong/GW...

Date/Time stamp in Memo Field
Hi all..is it possible to programmatically insert Now() when text in a Memo field becomes edited? Thanks for all help! If it has to be entered directly in the memo field tetxbox: Private Sub MemoFieldName_AfterUpdate() If IsNull(Me.MemoFieldName.OldValue) Then Me.MemoFieldName = Now & " " & Me.MemoFieldName Else Me.MemoFieldName = Left(Me.MemoFieldName, Len(Me.MemoFieldName.OldValue)) & " " & Now & " " & Right(Me.MemoFieldName, Len(Me.MemoFieldName) - Len(Me. MemoFieldName.OldValue)) End If Me.Dirty = False End...

Comparing values #2
I have two sheets in a workbook. The first column in each sheet has part numbers. I would like to compare worksheet1 column a to worksheet 2 column a and identify duplicate values. I have not been able to make this work. -- Dirk Chip Pearson has lots of ways to work with duplicates/uniques at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Dirk_Bob wrote: > > I have two sheets in a workbook. The first column in each sheet has part > numbers. > I would like to compare worksheet1 column a to worksheet 2 column a and > identify duplicate values. I have not been able to make...

Run-time error 432
I'm getting a run-time error 432 when trying to open some areas of a VB program in excel. This program works on some machines and not others. We all have the same version of excel and our settings seem to be the same. Does anyone have any idea where I can start to look for the reason this is happening? Thanks Kevin After doing a search of Google, you may like to try this solution... Go to... http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/D/dao360.dll/03.60.8618.0/download.html download and install file.... Then go to RUN and type: Regsvr32C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Dao360.dll ...

Assign a value to a cell
I'll apreciate your help with this in A1 i have a value in days that is used to make several calculations but I need it to change if a specific condition is given something lik this: A1=300 If b1<a1 then a1=b1 where b1 is a value calculated somewhere else. Thank you for your help. Rodolf -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following formula in A1: =MIN(B1,300) Frank > I'll apreciate your help with this > > in A1 i have a value in days that is used to make several > calculations, but I need it to change if a specific condition is > giv...

Cntl Key move/select to change in value
Just another convenience key sequence to make my life easier. Sure, maybe I could do it with a macro. But, it seems like a nice little obvious addition to regular functionality. Cntl-Alt down arrow moves you down to where the value changes. Cntl-alt-shift selects to change. Up, down, right, left of course. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the s...

IF statement with FALSE value being text AND cell reference? #3
Once again, figured it out on my own. Oh, and thanks for the repl Frank. Needed to use the ROUND function: =IF(D9>1,D9*D8,"<" & ROUND((D9*D10),2) -- jcob ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jcob2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1560 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27157 ...

Chart templates treates value axis as a category axis
I saved a Chart Template [Line Plot Type] that uses a horizontal value axis, but when I try to use it in a new workbook, the data is plotted with a horizontal category axis? In a line chart, the horizontal (X) axis IS a category axis. Only an XY chart has a value horizontal axis. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "FHW at EAD" <FHW at EAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E52B4E4C-9DC6-41F5-84B2-3BC637C56591@microsoft.com... >I saved a Chart Template [Line Plot Type]...