Portfolio Manager won't show daily change of value for mutual funds

I am still using Money Premium 2006. I would like to know if the following
problem (feature?) is observed by other folks, either in M2006 or M2007.

The Portfolio Manager has columns "Change" and "TotChng." The former is
the change in price, per share, of a security for one day. The latter
is, roughly speaking, "Change" multiplied by the number of shares held.
I don't remember which of these columns is visible by default. I have
chosen to view create of these columns in the "custom" view of my
Portfolio Manager.

My problem is that for mutual funds, the value reported in the "TotChng"
column is always blank. Not zero, just a blank space.

Thank you in advance for any observations (or fixes!) for this problem.
--
David Arnstein
arnstein+usenet@pobox.com

In microsoft.public.money, David Arnstein wrote:

>I am still using Money Premium 2006. I would like to know if the following
>problem (feature?) is observed by other folks, either in M2006 or M2007.
>
>The Portfolio Manager has columns "Change" and "TotChng." The former is
>the change in price, per share, of a security for one day. The latter
>is, roughly speaking, "Change" multiplied by the number of shares held.
>I don't remember which of these columns is visible by default. I have
>chosen to view create of these columns in the "custom" view of my
>Portfolio Manager.
>
>My problem is that for mutual funds, the value reported in the "TotChng"
>column is always blank. Not zero, just a blank space.

Try checking the prices between about 7 PM EDT and midnight.

>Thank you in advance for any observations (or fixes!) for this problem.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/30/2006 2:27:20 PM
David,

If Cal's suggestion doesn't do it ... I'll just ask: are you updating
the prices on a weeknight and viewing  on the same day ? For example:
update Tuesday night and view it on Tuesday night .

Also, if you update on weekends/holidays - today's change is always
empty in M2006 ( no daily price for " TODAY")

There were SOME improvements in M2006 from my M2004 , but this is one
that aggravates me: that I can't see the actual info for a certain date.
So if I DO update daily ( I do), on Thrusday I cannot select the
previous day's date in the dropdown and have it show me that's day's
gain/loss. Apparenlty, some MS marketing guy wants "today's change" to
be done only by the online server so after 3 years you have to buy a new
frigging copy. So I  still have a PC running M2004 to show me the change
column ( by messing with the PC date, THEN starting Money, the "today's
change" column is updated.).

> In microsoft.public.money, David Arnstein wrote:
>
>>I am still using Money Premium 2006. I would like to know if the
>>following
>>problem (feature?) is observed by other folks, either in M2006 or
>>M2007.
>>
>>The Portfolio Manager has columns "Change" and "TotChng." The former
>>is
>>the change in price, per share, of a security for one day. The latter
>>is, roughly speaking, "Change" multiplied by the number of shares
>>held.
>>I don't remember which of these columns is visible by default. I have
>>chosen to view create of these columns in the "custom" view of my
>>Portfolio Manager.
>>
>>My problem is that for mutual funds, the value reported in the
>>"TotChng"
>>column is always blank. Not zero, just a blank space.
>

> Try checking the prices between about 7 PM EDT and midnight.
>

>>Thank you in advance for any observations (or fixes!) for this
>>problem.

0
Bobb

Want use results of Drop down list to look up a value
I am using Excel 2002 and I have a multisheet workbook and on the first sheet I have created a series of 6 drop down lists pulling from predefined named ranges. I also have limited subsequent choices based on what is selected in the other lists. The end result is the user will be selecting parameters that identify a product and now I am stuck with an easy way to look up the associated part number based on the parameters they selected. Essentially, once they have chosen the parameters in the list, I would like to create a macro that uses those values to locate the associated part...

Changing Resource and fields on a subform
I have a subform with fields on it that are present when i first open the form. But when I click on a status button, I'd like the subform to change the fields that are present. For instance when i first open the fields are formid, lastname, firstname, subject, date, range But when i click on formstatus button, i'd like the fields to show: formid, subject, range, product I know how to use recordsource to change the recordsource, but then the fields that I am not using show up as #name? How do I get the subform to change field names so that the fields I am not using, doesn't show ...

Paste links, changed filename
I have created 3 exel 97 Files. Each File has approx 30 sheets. One of them is a source file. The other 2 use file1 data using paste link(paste special). At some stage I have changed the names of the files and now when I open them it asks the usual question " do you want to update linked information", Iclick "yes" ~ then the computer wants me to select the source file. Before, it just started straight into the file I wanted ~ how can i resolve this( with as little effort as possible)? Try hitting no, then do Edit / Links / Change Source, save the workbook and hopef...

"Change Credit Details" button does not appear
I would like to update my interest rates and credit limits monthly, but the "Change Credit Details" button does not appear when I go under the accounts' settings. In microsoft.public.money, mar11974 wrote: >I would like to update my interest rates and credit limits monthly, but the >"Change Credit Details" button does not appear when I go under the accounts' >settings. See if http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281109/en-us helps. I've no idea if it helped the original poster, but it seems I have the same issue, and it didn't help me. I'm ...

Show which cell has MAX, MIN values?
At the bottom of a couple thousand rows of data, I have =MAX and =MIN formulas. Is there some way I could make the cells beneath my MAX and MIN formulas show me the address of which cell has the displayed MAX or MIN value? At least the row number? Ed Ed, To return the row =MATCH(cell with Max or Min value,range starting in row 1,false) or to return the address, say, in Cell N3000, for a value given in N2999 =ADDRESS(MATCH(N2999,N1:NN2998,FALSE),COLUMN(N1)) or to return other matching information, like a name in column A =INDEX(A:A,MATCH(N2999,N1:NN2998,FALSE)) HTH, Bernie MS E...

Show email address instead of contact name
How can I make Outlook 2000 show the typed email address instead of resolving to the contact name in printouts of the contacts list and in the address boxes of email ? For example, I have a list of contacts in a custom list view with the email fields showing. Several of the entries in the email fields have resolved to the name of the contact. I want to see their email address not their name again. Also, a second example. I have three email addresses for a person, in the Email1, Email2, and Email3 fields. I go to send an email and instead of selecting the default from the addressbook/contact ...

Most logical value
I would like to know if there is a method of determining "the most logical" value in a table. These are some data that I put in the table below. These numbers are obtained from some dedicated software to compute the influence of an investment on some projects. I would like to fill in the gaps myself. I can add the data from column 10 en 20 and divide it by 2 to compute the value for column 15, but is there a better method? investment year 0 5 10 15 20 25 30 2005 72,8 72,8 72,8 72,8 72,8 72,8 72,8 2006 79,4 76,7 71,5 60,9 50,3 2007 92,3 87,4 76,9 55,6 33,5 2008 108,6 102,3 8...

100% Stacked Bar chart, two bars, want percent as well as real value
I am attempting to chart the following: Series 1 - Values over the prior 30 days Series 2 - Values over the prior 12 months I would like to show both data series as 100% bar charts, so users of the information can compare percentage of the last 30 days with percentage of the same piece of data over the last 12 months. So, for example the two data series might look like this: Series 1 20 25 45 65 Series 2 211 324 403 822 I want to display both the actual value, and the percentage of the total, for each series, in the labels. For some reason, showing percentage is not an option. Why is th...

can i change the read receipt
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The read receipt by default set by outlook can be changed if yes pls. = let me know how ??? ITDuke ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"te...

Change height of row
Excel seems to limit the height of the row to some presets. Is there a way to set height of row to any height? Am trying to make spreadsheet line up with a pre-printed form. Hi i think the limit is 1 pixel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pam MacT" <Pam MacT@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CCAE9073-80C5-47B1-B103-7834241AF34B@microsoft.com... > Excel seems to limit the height of the row to some presets. Is there a > way > to set height of row to any height? Am trying to make spreadsheet line up > with a pre-printed form. ...

I cannot get "Send" to show up in Toolbar
I think I'm set up for Outlook use, but there is no "Send" button. ?? Iuse Outlook all the time at work--I'm just rying to set it up at home. vincem wrote: > I think I'm set up for Outlook use, but there is no "Send" button. ?? > Iuse Outlook all the time at work--I'm just rying to set it up at home. Have you set up an email account? -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk "Gordon" wrote: > vincem wrote: > > > I think I'm set up for Outlook use, but there is no &...

how to change business address
I can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? LGLEIM In microsoft.public.money, LGleim wrote: > can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my >business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have >moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? Is there a Tools->Settings->BusinessInformation place? YES!!! You did it! Thank you so much! "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: ...

Changing info from one worksheet to the next
Hi all. I have linked my 55 sheets to one which is great. What i need to know now if possible. Each sheet has the same question over 11 columns Each row is dated and a numeric number from 1 - 10 in each row Now on the master sheet where everything is linked, is there a way that If i changed the date on the master sheet it would reflect the answers from the row with that date? At present the answers showing is for 01/03/10, but i would like to look at the totals for 08/03/10 and show the answers from each sheet for that date. I could have a sheet for each week, but im hoping there i...

how to only show first 20 words of a memo field
I have a memo field on a form, how can i show the first 30 characters and add 3 periods after the first 30 words. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200711/1 Use the Left function and add 3 periods: Left(string, length) & "..." "sheniece via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > I have a memo field on a form, how can i show the first 30 characters and > add 3 periods after the first 30 words. > > -- > Message posted via AccessMonster.com > http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums...

Default numeric value
I am creating a spreadsheet dealing with dollars. There are several formulas that I have created using percentages. One particular formula multiplies a percent in one cell by the $ value in another. If I have no $ value in the cell the formula uses a '1' instead of what I would expect '0'. How can I set up my sheet so that if a cell is blank the default value will be '0'? Would help to see your formula, but: =if(isblank(a1),"",a1*b1) ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com "thomson" <thomson@discussions.microsof...

Changing name from Arabic to English
I, m registering all new recruitment employees so always I'm writing the employee name by Arabic and English. So there is any code to change automatically the person name for Arabic to English ...

How do you turn off "Save a copy/Overwrite changes" dialog box
Hello Guys, I have created a (password to open) workbook using Excel 2003 SP1 on a shared network drive which when I try to save by using Ctrl S or clicking the Save icon gives me an irritating dialog box which asks: "The file 'filename.xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case what do you want to do?" -Save a copy -Overwrite changes Please can someone tell me how to deactivate this annoying dialog box as I have been unsuccesful so far in my efforts :confused: Many thanks in advance Nick -- Nicko -----------------------------...

Managing Popup Reminder Windows in OL2000
Hello everybody. I get a lot of popup reminder windows because I set a lot of follow-up flags on my email messages. Sometimes I have a whole stack of them cascaded on my screen. If I don't want to deal with them right away I minimize them. My question is: Is there any way (option, rule, VBA, whatever) to have these reminder windows appear automatically minimized? Thanks in advance for any help. DDM ...

How to program the Microsoft License Manager? (licrpc.dll)
Hello experts! One of the dlls of the Microsoft License Manager is licrpc.dll. Examining the exports on this dll, there appear to be a number of functions we wish to use, such as llsLicenseEnum, llsProductEnum, etc. The only problem is - there does not appear to be any published info on the function prototypes. We've scanned all the usual knowledge areas and the SDK but found nothing. Has anyone had any experience programming the License Manager dll (licrpc.dll)? Any ideas where I can look to find info on using these functions? Thanks! Hi Mark, Welcome to MSDN Newsgroup! We are now...

Management Reporter
Hi, Please can you explain to me why if MR is run on IIS why it cannot be accessed as a website and instead seems to need a MR client installed? If it is possible to run \ view reports via Internet - how do I go about doing this please? I ask as my client wishes to have MR incorporated into their Sharepoint website - please advise if this is possible and if so then how? Thank you Neil ...

How do I change mailbox owner in AD?
How do I change a mailbox owner in AD? Can it be done? T. The mailbox is linked to the user account. You can grant an additional user(s) "owner" access by granting Full Mailbox access on the Exchange Advanced Tab of the user properties. Glen "Thomas Houseman" <thomashouseman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OZwMptUxEHA.2192@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > How do I change a mailbox owner in AD? Can it be done? > > T. > > Verify that you have mailbox retention enabled. ( right-click mailbox store/properties/limits). This is extremely Important! ...

Showing intenet headers on recieved mail
How? I can see how to do it in OE but not Outlook.... "Paul Williams" <paulfoel@nospam_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cf82h3$2f6$1@titan.btinternet.com... > How? I can see how to do it in OE but not Outlook.... > > View-Options ...

Excel macros page breaks but not on row 1 and column value in footer
Hi, I have seen some posts that are similar, but no one seems to have the problem that I am having. I will post my macro in this, for anyone that is interested. My users get a csv file every month, and we have to clean it up. This macro does that. My last issues are this: 1) having the spreadsheet create page breaks whenever the value in column B changes. Below is just that code. Code: col = 2 LastRw = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For X = 2 To LastRw If Cells(X, col) <> Cells(X - 1, col) And Cells(X, col) <> Range("B1") Then ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks...

Permission for account change
Dear Friends I have my domain as abc.com I have another domain xyz.com for which i have created a separate account for the users so that they can send the email with both the domain by using from filed. i have one user user1 who is facing problem i have created userxyz for with the default email address of xyz.com domain but i am facing strange problem as the permission of sending email is reseting. Kindly suggest what can be the problem. best regards Niitmalad What version of Exchange and how/where exactly it is resetting? Niitmalad wrote: > Dear Friends > > I have...

Find Future Value of a Savings Account
I am trying to set up a spreadsheet that determines the future value of a savings account. Take a look at the FV function in XL Help. In article <EC8EEB72-AF22-47D8-A266-839CA9356725@microsoft.com>, "gingerjane" <gingerjane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to set up a spreadsheet that determines the future value of a > savings account. ...