Portfolio Average Cost ???

Money 11.0 (International)

After updating my stock prices by download today, the average cost
calculations in the portfolio view have increased (almost ten fold).  I've
checked the investment records and they remain correct.

One example of the stock is MSFT, which I've bought, sold and held over ten
years.  My average cost should be around $26.00.  It's now showing $229!

Anyone having the same problem, or can suggest a solution?

Thanks.

0
ZootRot
11/14/2009 1:36:59 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, ZootRot wrote:

>Money 11.0 (International)
>
>After updating my stock prices by download today, the average cost
>calculations in the portfolio view have increased (almost ten fold).  I've
>checked the investment records and they remain correct.
>
>One example of the stock is MSFT, which I've bought, sold and held over ten
>years.  My average cost should be around $26.00.  It's now showing $229!
>
>Anyone having the same problem, or can suggest a solution?

Try opening Money with Start->Run and entering
"msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box.

If that does not fix it, look through the transactions for any
anomalies.
0
Cal
11/14/2009 5:04:30 AM
Thanks.  That didn't work.

All the transactions are the same as they were the previous day when the
averge was fine.

0
ZootRot
11/14/2009 9:41:53 AM

"ZootRot" wrote:

> Thanks.  That didn't work.
>
> All the transactions are the same as they were the previous day when the
> averge was fine.
>

> .
> I have exactly the same problem. I restored the previous back-up file and ran the prices update - at which point the hitoric book price, gains losses etc on USD priced assets jumped by about 10x. My account is based in GBP. I confirm that the transaction history remained unchanged.
On Nov 14, 5:37=A0am, WokingWounded
<WokingWoun...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> "ZootRot" wrote:
> > Thanks. =A0That didn't work.
>
> > All the transactions are the same as they were the previous day when th=
> > averge was fine.
>
> > .
> > I have exactly the same problem. I restored the previous back-up file a=
nd ran the prices update - at which point the hitoric book price, gains los=
ses etc on USD priced assets jumped by about 10x. My account is based in GB=
P. I confirm that the transaction history remained unchanged.

There is a problem with the EUR/USD rate. It was showing as 14.9,
instead of 1.49. Change it in the options, and everything will go back
to normal.
0
Jose

Utility to change the average cost
Average Cost is calculated differently in Version 9.0. It is now tracked at each layer. You are no longer able to use the Change Average Costs window as this only changes the cost on the item card and does not update the layers. What you have to do is change each layer in the Inventory Adjust Costs window. And when Service Pack 2 is released, the Change Average Cost utility window will be removed. There is now no way to update average cost for an entire company. When there are over 100+ site id's, it is very difficult to make a change to the costs because it must be done in e...

Standard Cost Roll for Single Item
Need functionality for roll cost on a new item (Standard Cost Changes) but DO NOT ROLL UP THROUGH ITS BOM LEVELs. Several clients I work with have new items added to BOMs on a regular basis. They would like to add a standard cost for these new purchased items so they can see realistic PPV, but they do not want to revalue the entire Multi-Level BOM structure every time they have a new part added to their system. Companies choose to use a standard cost environment with the idea that product costs are fixed for a certain amount of time, with the idea that variances are going to happen u...

Averaging previous cells
I currently have a list of data with several values. I want to add colunm with which the first row will be the average of tha column(hence just that value), the second row will be the average o the second row and the first row, the third row will be the average o the first second and third row. Can anyone help me as to how I woul be able to do this? ex) I need something that increment the 2nd term in the averag function: average(A1:A1) average(A1:A2) average(A1:A3) average(A1:A4) average(A1:A5) average(A1:A6 -- mrobertso -----------------------------------------------------------------...

Calculating averages and not including blank cells
Hello all, Could someone tell me how to calculate the average of a column in Excel that has blanks? I don't want to include the blanks in the average. I tried using: =AVERAGE(E1:E18) thinking that it would not include the blank cells as part of the calculation, but then realized the error of my ways... Your help is most appreciated! M. -- Of all the things I''ve lost, I miss my mind the most. But AVERAGE does ignore blank cells best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Mercedes" <Mercedes@...

Automation of Averages
Hi everyone, I have the following situation: I have 10,000 numbers all in the first column (A) in an Excel spreadsheet. I need to computer the averages of every 10 numbers (that is, the average of A1:A10, A11:A20, A21:A30, and so on). I know how to do this for every 1 cell (just by dragging down), but no idea how to do it for every 10 cells. Doing this by hand means that I'm going to have to deal with 1,000 separate values, manually...and that's not fun. :( Any ideas? Thanks. -- bachya1208 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bachya1208'...

Average cost of items at store level
Hi, I have set my store(s) to use the averageing system in options for items since the cost of items varies all the time. Can someone please tell me how RMS calculates the average and does it keep a list of different costs ina table somewhere per item or does it take the last known cost and the new one, average it and update the cost field with the new averaged value? Thanks in advance Dan The only thing RMS keeps is the Last Cost and current Cost of each item. The way Weighted Average works is like this: i.e. ItemA has a current Qty of 10 and a current cost of $10. You have just recei...

inventory costs by site
We need to be able to track the cost of items by site ID. There is too much variance by site, and this greatly affects selling price and profit margin. Are there ANY plans for MicroSoft to implement this option? (I have seen requests from time to time, but don't know what the plan is). Are there any 3rd parties out there that do this? Does anyone have any suggestions? To date, we have actually been creating seperate items where we absolutely need to distinguish between sites, but this is not a reasonable long term solution. This is quickly becoming a critical issue for our manager...

Microsoft Money Portfolio
I am able to use the Investment Toolbox Portfolio Manager with no problems. When I try to use the Portfolio Manager Preview all I get is a single line showing a Grand total of zero. Can anyone help me figure out what is going on or what I am doing wrong? I'm using Vista 64 bit, HP computer with an AMD processor, 6 Gig RAM. Thanks. James In microsoft.public.money, James@nowhere.com wrote: >I am able to use the Investment Toolbox Portfolio Manager with no >problems. When I try to use the Portfolio Manager Preview all I get >is a single line showing a Grand total of zero. >...

Portfolio Update (Money 2004 Small Business)
When viewing my portfolio and choosing "Update Prices...Update Prices Online", my prices don't update. I have an Internet connection and Money IS able to get to the Internet for its other online features. When I check the updates summary, it says that "Money was unable to contact the online quotes server. Please check your Internet connection and try again.." My Internet connection is fine and I AM able to use Money's other online features (sign in with Passport, use the Money Browser, get to MSN.com via the toolbar link, research online) without problems. ...

Update standard costs via SQL
What tables in SQL need to be updated to change the standard costs of items when Manufacturing is being used? This is a new company that is being setup. Test transactions have been run and cleared out, so system will not allow update in Item Maintenance screen. There are currently no inventory items on hand, so there will be not be any GL transactions. Hi Matthew, I worked in the past for a company that used to update (upload should I say) the inventory costs for entire series of item thru Excel into GP. If I'm not mistaken, you should look at the table ICIV0323... and then ...

Sql query to Update Supplier Cost
What query would I use to update Supplier cost from Item Cost in the Item table? Thanks for any help! Mark Hatfield Be careful before you do this. The system is set so you can have multiple suppliers for each item. Supplier A Cost might be 10.99 but Supplier B charges 14.00. You normally buy from Supplier A, but they sometimes run out, so you need to order from Supplier B. If you update Supplier Cost from Item Cost, both suppliers would display the same cost. Your scenario is only safe if you are sure you only have 1 supplier per item. "MARK" wrote: ...

Need a formula to calculate Average Sales Commission #2
Alf, I pasted all three formulas into my excel program. They all pul the same numbers except the short version. For some reason th percentage increases to over 100% at 31,000 but corrects itself ove 60,000. I was also wondering if you have any ideas on if I want to use differn numbers for the volume breaks and percentages. (ie:pull the info from another sheet or cell) A1 = 30,000 B1 = 50% A2 = 60,000 B2 = 65% A3 = 90,000 B3 = 80% B4 = 90% I was thinking that if we decide to change the first sales volume brea to say, 25,000 (which means we could insert that into the A1 cel instead) or...

Formula for calculating a rolling 12 month average in excel?
I cannot remember how to calculate a 12 month rolling average for my emissions. I believe I know the formula but need some reassuring. Thanks. Depends upon how the data is structured. It could be as simple as =AVERAGE(A1:A12) and copied down, if the data is accumulated per month in A1:An, but it may be more complex. Give us an example. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBBD3191-BF34-41DD-BBA9-196AF30A6F0C@microsoft.com... > I cannot remember how to calculate a 1...

PA template cost categories should sort on the new project as ente
I have a contract/project template in which the cost categories have been entered in a specific order to coincide with the client's data entry form. However, when a new project is created from this template the cost categories drop down in alphabetical order, not the order entered (i.e. order from the template). The budget line items should sort as entered, or at least give a choice. -- Jeff Burns, CPA TECHVISIONS, LLC ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the ...

How Can I Do Average in PivotTable
In Excel 2002 version, I am unable to do average in the PivotTable. I was told "Average, Standrad deviation, and variance are not supported when a PivotTable has calculated items." I used the same function before with the older Excel version. I think one of the good things is we can calculate average in the Pivot Table with other calculated items. Any one knows how to solve the problem? Thanks ...

Import from MSN Money portfolio
Is there anyway to import my portfolio from the online MSN PORTFOLIO including all the transactions? -- Marty In microsoft.public.money, melnick wrote: >Is there anyway to import my portfolio from the online MSN PORTFOLIO >including all the transactions? Install Money 2005 and apply the same passport that you have on the MSN portfolio. ...

average last 17 cells (variable)
using formula in A2 =average(IT:Index(A1:IT1,sumproduct(large(column(A:IT)* (A1:IT1<>""),A4)))) A4 is variable cell for calculation. However, I require result to be in row 1. Keep getting curcular ref. Require result in B3 Can anyone assist? brian(at )thompson3001.fsnet.co.uk Regards Brian -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com A2 is within the range A:IT, and would therefore produce a circular reference. It looks like you might be able to use COLUMN(A1:AT1) instead. If that doesn't solve the problem, try copying the formula from the formula bar and pas...

Getting error running a Department Cost/Sales (tax-inclusive) repo
Anyone run into this. Is that fixed with a hotfix that I do not need to have a support agreement with? ...

costs
When creating a Purchase Order it seems to pull the cost of the product from the Supplier tab in Item Properties. This cost never seems to be updated by a purchase order receipt and if you were not sure of the cost when you created the item and left it at $0.00 that is what shows up on the PO forever. I then have to go and look at cost in each item and then add it to the PO which is extremely time consuming. This means that my totals on my PO are never going to be accurate and in these days of watching every inventory dollar that is important. I realize that pulling the cost from t...

Rob...Cost update trigger
I found a post that originally included a cost update trigger that Rob had created. It updates the sales price based on a new cost. I can't get the attachment anymore. Anybody out there have the trigger? Thanks, G E ...

Cost pricing in RMS
We have a customer with HQ and 2 stores who has approached me with the following problem - just wondering if anyone else has come across it or knows a workaround. PO planner is used in HQ to generate purchase orders - during this process the cost prices are adjusted to allow for current pricing. PO travels to store and the cost prices in store are adjusted accordingly. However the cost price in HQ remains unchanged - therefore any margin reports/ valuations would now be incorrect as the cost price listed is not the current cost price - any suggestions? Emer contact Mustafa in my offic...

highlight the max,min and average in a row
does anyone know how to highlight the MAX,MIN and MID value in column????? i have sales in a column showing them day by day and i want t highlight the max,min and mid values in different colour automaticly. is there anyway to do that without finding the max or min and put it i a different cell. i mean i want to highlight them in the place they ar in. also how you find the mid one i know about average but i need one o those actual number as medium. help pleaseee -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following in your case: - select the columns (e.g. A1:A100) - go...

Conditional Average
Hi Everybody, I am trying to do a conditonal AVERAGE on an excel spreadsheet and a stuck...What I would like to do is check a one row for a certain value and if true, AVERAGE the corresponding values on another coumn. Is this possible? thanks. -me -- MEK91 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MEK911's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2711 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46628 Let's assume you have a value in cell E23 that you want to look for i Range G22:L22. If found,...

Average Formula with Criteria
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that is used to average mechnical and electrical costs for a number of projects, split into years. Each project has a Work Area (m2) and a specific contractor (there are three different contractors that are responsible for the projects). At the bottom of the spreadsheet I have a number of average tables, one for each contractor. I currently average the Work Area by using an average function and manually selecting all the work areas for the specific contractor. However, when I add projects this becomes a bit of a hasle. Ideally I want a formula that says: Av...

Adding a fixed implementation cost project
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to make a project that has only fixed costs. One that would act as an initial implementation fee and be the same price no matter how many hours were added to it. Any help is greatly appreciated I set the Project Type to Fixed Price. I entered and posted time against the project, and in the billing entry window no billings amount appeared, only the fees. I think this is correct, but does anyone know if there is additional steps i should be taking? I also adjusted the cost category I was adding time to to only have Profit Type FP entered a...