An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info.
The source FAQ was last updated Wednesday, January 12, 2005. You may save
yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and
hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ.
The unofficial FAQ answers 162 of the most frequently asked questions in
this newsgroup. Note that only a limited number of FAQ items have been added
or modified for Money 2005--those that are derive from my limited experience
with the product and on very high profile items in the newsgroup. If you are
using Money 2005 and have a question or if you are considering using Money
2005, please read http://umpmfaq.info/Money2005.htm.

Likewise, a comprehensive archive of this newsgroup is available at
http://groups.google.com. Click on Advanced Groups Search; there you should
specify newsgroup microsoft.public.money and some search terms you consider
appropriate. It is *highly likely* the issue you want help with has been
discussed before. In some case you will find it has been discussed **many**
times before.

If you are reading this group through the Microsoft Community Newsgroups web
page interface, you may find the native Usenet newsreader tools handier.
Click here to try them: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.money.

One last word to the wise: I post this once a week so some people might see
it and refrain from posting FAQs. I remember to do this because I also
backup my Money data file to several different locations and several
different media types once a week. I also assure that these backups do not
replace other backups but supplement them in case a problem goes unnoticed
for several backup cycles. Occasionally, I also test these backups to make
sure they really are. I recommend you do the same as soon as you are done
reading this. "Do you have a good backup?" is a frequent first reply to
problems posted here. Don't leave yourself in a position where your only
answer is "no." It's a lot harder to help people when that is their answer.

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Are macro sheets and macro functions no longer available?
At one time I used Excel for some rather fancy programming. In those days I was getting reasonably skilled at using macros. This included the possibility of defining a function on a macro sheet that had an argument and returned a result. As far as I can tell, that ability is no longer present. I realize that Visual Basic is now used for macros. I do not have experience with that. I do not know if it worth investing the time to become proficient at it. I have so little use for that that I have virtually forgotten all my regular BASIC. Bill -- As the years go by, dying just before hav...

Please help ungoogable Exchange mail problem
Hello everyone, recently we installed Win 2003 SBS Prem server and Exchange server in our organization and we wanted to start use Exchange for e-mails, contacts, etc. Instalation went fine and now we have local domain xx-something.local and of course we also have registered domain xx-something.com but we don't have static IP address (we're using DSL). We wanted that every user have their appropriate local mail address for other Exchange related stuff but also to be able to write e-mails on behalf of the group (department where he works) for replying to the external mails. I set Exchan...

Posting to prior years
I have the all years closed until 2006 (calendar year setup) Is there any way to post entries to 2003. This is requirement due to restatement of financials for prior years. Thanks Sunil The only way to accomplish this is to contact Microsoft Professional Services (you can do this through your GP Partner) and have them re-open your closed years. We've had them do this for a customer of ours - worked out very well. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "nfp" <nfp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADD8C19D-BBCC-43BD-987E-3AC352...

Some one Please HELP
Dear all i have made up a template on word for a new invoice for my business. i have also made up a small basic chart with fomulas in excel so when i type in a price and the quantity, excel multiplies it and totals it all up. THE PROBLEM i cant seem to tranfer the chart on excel to the word template with out loosing all the formulas i have put in, Can someone please tell me how i can do this with out loosing the formulas. i would be very greatful for any suggestions , Best wishes Charles Dada esq Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Caesar wrote: ...

Help, please: to remove Outlook 2000 ?
Help, please... On a pretty good Win XP PC, I need to upgrade from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2000. I installed Outlook and it imported all the folders/messages/identities from OE6. Outlook 2000 starts up, and all seems fine, and I'm looking at the new message that it created... "Welcome to Outlook 2000". If I try to view any other message, it locks up. I see the perpetual hourglass. It's dead. I want to Remove it, then re-install it. How do I remove it? I went to Control Panel, Add or remove programs... it's not there. Add/remove Windows components... it'...

SmartList for Posted but Unpaid A/P
Is there a SmartList that will show accounts payable that was entered and posted in the system, yet not paid? This seems like a simple report, but I'm not seeing any available columns (under Payables Transactions) that will create a list like this. Mike Try using Current Trx Amount is not equal to zero and Voided is equal to No Elisabeth "MacroMike" wrote: > Is there a SmartList that will show accounts payable that was entered and > posted in the system, yet not paid? This seems like a simple report, but I'm > not seeing any available columns (under Payabl...

Authentication failed because Entourage doesn't support any of the available authentication methods. 04-13-10

Please helpwith Multi-Currency Error
One of the companies in my GP system (V8) is getting the error: "You can't post transaction in General Ledger while multicurrency amounts for the financial series are being revauled. Try again later" But no one is in the system doing a revlauation. Please help Fliehigh Hi Filehigh, Check the DYNAMICS.SY00801 table for a value in the RSRCID column that is labled MC_Reval. If there is a value in that row then you will need to remove it. Before you remove the record please make sure that you have a valid backup of the Dynamics Database. Have all of the Users exit out of...

Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1 ...available for download !!!
It has been released today...so here it is : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=42656083-784d-4e7e-b032-2cb6433bec00&DisplayLang=en Enjoy people ! ...

combine text from 2 cells HELP! PLEASE!
I have text in cell A and Cell B. I would like to add the text in cell B to the end of the text in cell A while seperating them with a | (pipe). One way: =A1&"|"&B1 or if you want spaces on both sides of the pipe: =A1&" | "&B1 HTH, ryanb. "John Adams" <johnadams@comcast.net> wrote in message news:nk17sv0h9j37coum79h30ac071gr7o8jdt@4ax.com... > I have text in cell A and Cell B. I would like to add the text in cell > B to the end of the text in cell A while seperating them with a | > (pipe). > John, Try a formula like ...

How do I determine the amount of room available for my Info Store?
I am a new admin and have had no training in Exchange. I am using MS Exchange 5.5 and need to find out how much available space I have for my information store. Is is simply limited to available disk space or is there a setting I need to discover? Thanks for helping a newbie! If it's Exchange Standard, then there's a 16 GB limit on the store. To see the actual size of your database, check the exchsrvr\MDBDATA directory for your priv.edb and pub.edb "Bryant" <bbickerstaff@canyonstatedrywall.com> wrote in message news:3291d23d.0411170852.269b7943@posting.google.co...

CreateSQLTmpTable Error
Could someone please assist us in resolving the following error which is affecting our accounting production of MS GP. Please help! ERROR: The stored procedure createSQLTmpTable returned the following results: DBMS: 12, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0. This issue is covered in the following KB Articles: - KB 852594 - Error "Stored Procedure Creating SQL TMP Table DBMS: 12 eEnterprise: 0" https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;852594 - KB 861268 - You receive a "The stored procedure createSQLTmpTable returned the following results...

Setting up service call management -- suggestions, please
We are in the process of setting up service call management and I need some suggestions on the best way to set up some of the tables. Equipment would refer to the equipment we would be working on, but we don't sell this equipment, so why do we have to set it up in inventory? Can we set up a generic item in inventory that would refer to all equipment serviced and just use the other fields to detail out each piece or would it be better to set up an item for each model? I also notice that I can only set the equipment up to a customer and not to a ship-to. I really need specific equi...

Multi-currency posting journal
Hi, One of our consultants has reported the following error from a customer site. Posting receivables batch - when processing multi-currency posting journal, received error message An error occurred creating a pass through SQL connection 75. Anyone come across this before? (This is version 10) Regards Jean -- JB Hi JB, Is this happening everytime they post an RM batch and prints the MC RM posting journal? Is the posting process completed? You can tell whether this case is report related (issue with modified report only), by way of testing, configure the posting setup for this series-...

Why should I rate a post?
You can also let others in the Community know whether they should bother reading a post or not by rating posts. If you find the information in a post useful, chances are that other people will too. Here’s how it works. The system keeps track of positive and negative ratings. Each post has a score, and a rating count. The score is the number of positive ratings, and the rating count is the number of ratings (positive or negative). Each post displays buttons for rating (above the message in the message pane or below the message in the full-thread window) with text asking if the post was ...

Sales Literature Not Available
Being the administrator I have access to all parts of our CRM Standard Suite. I've granted myself full everything everywhere, or so it seems. Goto Sales Literature menu pick is not available. Again, is there a "trick" to get this enabled? Thanks, Phil. so ifd you click on goto then sales you dont see sales literature..cant remember if sales literature is part of the pro release or in standard as well. Which version of crm do you have? "Phil Hamsey" <phil@informasys.com> wrote in message news:1cb601c3732b$d3c99fa0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Being the admin...

Workbook sharing and web page posting
I am creating a workbook that will have a 2 level password. One for read-only and one for editing. I am posting this workbook to a website that will be seen by students and faculty. It will be a patient schedule and we will have faculty adding appointments. What I am trying to do is get the workbook to save automatically, refresh automatically and when accessed, bring up the password option. When the workbook is opened in Excel, the password protection is working beautifully, but when posted to the web, no password prompt is coming up. Suggestions, please? Thank you, Stephanie M...

can't find previous posts
I use to go to the search of each category where I had posted something and added my discussion group "NAME" babs in the search and all of my previous posts would come up. REcently I am having problems finding my old posts??? I go to the category or the general Microsoft.public.access and search babs and only a few come up - I posted one a few days ago and many others that don't come up in the search. Also I know I was on another Access Microsoft discussion group in the past and the word Public did not show up on the left sidebar- not real clear if it was the s...

Make W2's available on the Business Portal
Just as employees can look at their paystubs on the Business Portal, they should be able to look at their W2 for the year on the portal as well. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en...

Getting these errors when posting a Journal Entry
Running Great Plains 8.0 on Windows 2000 with SQL 2000. Every time someone from the Finance department posts a Journal Entry, we get one of these errors: "A save operation on table 'GL_TRX_HDR_WORK' has created a duplicate key." or "A get/change first operation on table 'GL_TRX_LINE_WORK' failed. A record was already locked." How can I troubleshoot where these errors are coming from? Thank you. If you have access to CustomerSource, review knowledge base article 856997 or click on the below link: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay...

How to post process specific NDR's?
Hey! We are a college with quite a few users. We currently only offer email addresses for employees, but are lately getting a bunch of requests from students to get their own email address as well... The big reason is the website www.facebook.com where students can sign up, but they have to have a valid .edu address... We don't want to offer email addresses to the students, not yet at least, but could we setup an easy forwarding configuration somehow, where we forward them from let say user@stu.college.edu to their own home email address? (that way we wouldn't need to host all ...

cannot sending the e-mail. urgent..please help me..
why i can't send the e-mail for the 2nd time?when i want to reply someone else for the 1st time, it run. But, after that when i want to reply to the 2nd sender, it doesn't run..it is "not responding".. then, to reply everybody, i need to close the m.outlook each time. so, how to slove it? please help me.. -- -Inn- Please post the following information: Version of Outlook Type of mail account (POP3, Exchange, etc.) Any troubleshooting steps you have already taken Any error messages in their entirety, including any error number(s) Any Office or Outlook-related errors in t...

Use Query for Row Source
Re-Post question not resolved/provided attention to from 26 Oct 07 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Steve, here is the info you requested: Row Source = SELECT [EPR/TR/OPR].[FullName] FROM [EPR/TR/OPR]; Column Count = 1 Column Widths = 1.7605" List Width = 1.7604" Bound Column = 1 Thanks, Rick "Steve Schapel" wrote: > Rick, > > In design view of the form, can you select the combobox, and look at the > Properties. Can you post back with what is entered in there for these > properties: > > Row S...

PUBLISHER
Please use this space to ask you question. And make sure you give us all of the information you can, especially which version of Publisher you are using. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Murrayjones" <Murrayjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05C80DBE-0FF2-455E-93A9-5EE35E2F8D36@microsoft.com... > I am using Publisher 2000 and trying to insert numbering into a document with 10 tickets. Can you help? "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote: > Please use this space to ask you question. And make sure you give us all of > ...

3rd time posting this problem , still no solution
Dear Kindly solve my problem table t1 has fields pictures, name in design view pictures field is ole object and name field is text. now in table, i have inserted some jpeg pictures in field pictures, correspondingly written some name in name field if we open table t1 to view. pictures name package n1 package n2 package n3 package n4 package n5 package n6 now i have written a small query as select t1.pictures from t1 where name = x; x is given in run time, like any thing as n1 /n2/n3/n4 /.... let say x is n2 now. i ...