An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info.
The source FAQ was last updated Saturday, June 26, 2004. You may save
yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and
hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ.
The unofficial FAQ answers 140 of the most frequently asked questions in
this newsgroup.

Likewise, a comprehensive archive of this newsgroup is available at
http://groups.google.com. Click on Advanced Groups Search; there you should
specify newsgroup microsoft.public.money and some search terms you consider
appropriate. It is *highly likely* the issue you want help with has been
discussed before. In some case you will find it has been discussed **many**
times before.

If you are reading this group through the Microsoft Community Newsgroups web
page interface, you may find the native Usenet newsreader tools handier.
Click here to try them: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.money.

One last word to the wise: I post this once a week so some people might see
it and refrain from posting FAQs. I remember to do this because I also
backup my Money data file to several different locations and several
different media types once a week. I also assure that these backups do not
replace other backups but supplement them in case a problem goes unnoticed
for several backup cycles. Occasionally, I also test these backups to make
sure they really are. I recommend you do the same as soon as you are done
reading this. "Do you have a good backup?" is a frequent first reply to
problems posted here. Don't leave yourself in a position where your only
answer is "no." It's a lot harder to help people when that is their answer.

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Please Help me!!!!!!
Hello, I would like to ask your help regarding the WAN IP address I'm pretty sure somebody has invaded my Hotmail during 2010/1/4 ~ 2010/1/5 and 2010/1/12 ~ 2010/1/15 There are many privacy and important information in my mailbox. So I'm really really need your help to find out which WAN IP address was log in my mailbox during these two periods. It's really URGENT!!! Please kindly help me!!! Looking forward to hearing from you soonest!!! Thanks and best regards, Tess Chiu ...

Excel HELP Please
Hi, One of the columns in my excel has its content broken into lines. I guess each line within that column ends with a carrieage return and line feed. how can I replace these with say a "-" character? I was trying to use Find and Replace but don't know how to enter the CRLf character and if I use Alt 13 and / or Alt 10 (for cariage return and line feed) it wont fine these. Any help will be appreciated Hi Dino Take a look at the TRIMALL function http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm -- Regards Roger Govier "Dino Buljubasic" <dino@noplacelikeho...

Please Help With Goal Seek
How do I get -25% in the margin cell??? The formula I use, =D7*D9 gives me 0.25 insted of - 25%. Hourly Cost Direct Cost $30.00 $750.00 $25.00 $1,000.00 $25.00 $2,250.00 $4,000.00 Price to customer $4,000.00 Tax Rate 25% Tax Costs $1,000.00 Total Costs Staff $4,000.00 Taxes $1,000.00 Margin ?? Thank you, Laura Hi Laura, What data is in which cells? And what do you fill in in the GoalSeek dialog? -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Laura" <mzlaurajane@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2720AC94-1B48-4730-8509-CC4...

Sorry to create a new post, but I have tried the other posts' suggestions... can't use install new Office 2004?
Hello there, I'm hoping someone can please help me to help a friend who is in need. I am in Germany to attend his wife's unexpected funeral and help him out with his 4 young children and his small business. Well, one of the things I did was convince him to switch from an old PC to a new iMac. And then I got him to buy a full version of Office 2004 rather than use Apple's Windows emulator and run his old PC version of Office. So the new Mac Office 2004 arrives, and one of his 'know it all' friends puts the disc in the iMac and starts the installation - without first removin...

Change Posting Settings in GP10
We converted to GP 10 from SBF. After processing a few weeks, we realized thzat the posting settings need some adjustments. System will not let us save changes. Any thoughts?? Thanks.. I think we figured it out. The changes do not appear on front screen-only the defaults show. Need to select other instances and the changes appear. "Dick at VPI" wrote: > We converted to GP 10 from SBF. After processing a few weeks, we realized > thzat the posting settings need some adjustments. System will not let us save > changes. Any thoughts?? > Thanks.. ...

Query Help Please
I have a relational db with a Client Table and a Project Table. The Client table holds general info that usually doesn't change. The Project table has a record for each project we've done for the client, and contains a Manager field. The manager could change from year to year. I want to show by current manager all the other projects for that client (regardless of who previous manager was). Current manager is just the manager on the latest project. I'm guessing I need a query of a query, but I'm stumped. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Do you hav...

are patches available anywhere else
Does anyone have teh MS patches availbe for download my subscription has expired last week and i just formatted my computer to try and rid my self of this problem. I am getting stack overflow problems when I open the journal. I really should have downloaded the patches for RMS last week! please e-mail me patches !!!! pr0ject004@gmail.com -Peter If your gettign stack overflow when viewing journal look and see what your default printer is, Makes sure its not a label printer. Ive seen a label printer as the default casue this problem. The patches from microsfot are available only to cus...

help please #12
can anyone do these questions, Please send to my email at edwinjade_chui@hotmail.com thank you so very muc +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: help.zip |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3434 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- edwinchu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- edwinchui's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2380 View this thread: http://www.excel...

Switching Over from Netscape Messenger to Outlook 2003
Hi, I'm finally biting the bullet and switching over to Outlook 2003 from Netscape Messenger 7.1. I have a handful of questions and would immensely appreciate any assistance... 1) I have nearly a thousand important e-mails archived in folders in my Netscape Messenger. How can I transfer/import these e-mails/e-mail folders into Outlook? 2) I also have hundreds of contacts/address books in my Netscape Messenger. How can I transfer/import these e-mails/e-mail folders into Outlook? 3) If you have Outlook on a home and work computer, is it possible to sync/copy your calendar and contacts ...

Availability of MS Dynamics POS trial version
I tried to find the trial version last week and it appears that it is no longer available. Anybody know what is up or any alternatives? Right now it appears my only option is to buy one seat to do the evaluation. Thanks, This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_06BE_01C7AED3.C3690280 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Matt, Did you try here? = https://microsoft.order-6.com/msdynamics/productPOS.aspx Click on the link and fill out the form Or try a reseller that sells MSPOS for one. --=20 Jeff=20 C...

Please help me. Creting kbarticles with SDK

Please provide me some instructions about ..inf file used to make a cab file
I've made a "big" AcitveX control, it uses a lot of .dll files In order to make a cab file ,I have to make a .inf file first. I've read related files in MSDN .But they are too short. I need a complete .inf file. Please help me. Thank u very much!!! http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/install/hh/install/create-inf_4l47.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/install/hh/install/inf-format_7soi.asp Have you read this? ...

Consultant needed
We have deployed Dynamics 10 in the US and our now looking to deploy in our CAN company. Can anyone out here recommend a consultant that could work with us on this? It will involve French/English invoicing and the usual international issues. Hi, I have been working with GP in the UK since 1999 and am an independant. I am about to start an implementation of the French Canadian version in Algeria so will be up to speed with all the issues by the time we finish... but that won't be until after December so depends when you need someone.. Regards Katie "GPgirl" wrote: > ...

Please help!!! Information Store and System Attendant does not start
Hello Everyone, I have a couple of questions. Friday my exchange 2k box crashed on the windows side. I have put the exchange hard drives in a new pc. I repaired the drive by running the windows repair and bascially had to almost install windows again. However, it comes back up at win2k sp3. I reran the exchange sp3 patch on the server. All my drives look good. However, the information store and exchange system attendant will not start. I was wondering if anyone can give me advice on why this is happening? Also on a side note I can not remote desktop into this pc which is weird? I can ping...

blacklisted
Hi gang, Our mail server has been blacklisted by DSBL as we had a one day issue with mail being relayed off of it and forwarding some SPAM. We have cleaned up our config and confirmed that we aren't relaying anymore. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this organization, and more specifically their process for having your IP removed from their banned list. They make it quite clear in their FAQ that they have a great deal of contempt for us dumb-MS yokels who use Exchange (and don't configure it properly), and although I've tried to follow their instructions I haven...

Can't Post to these newsgroups from MAC
At work I'm using MAC os 9.2 and IE v. ??? When trying to post to these newsgroups, the send button wonk't respond. I can click it all day, but nothing. It doesn't lock up the machine, I can still surf and do what ever else, but can't post. Cancel button does work though. So the only thing I can do is copy everything I've just typed in to a word doc and take it to a Windows machine to post it. Does any body know why? Thank you, Conan Kelly On 12/18/03 17:41, in article 069101c3c5c8$cbf862d0$a101280a@phx.gbl, "Conan Kelly" <anonymous@discussions....

Need to filter Outlook email with (XXX) images, please help..
Hi, Looking for a way in Outlook to filter out emails with images that open before I even click on them. (they are usually Xrated) and I do not know how to make a RULE to filter them out. This is making me not even want to use my Outlook mail!!!! Appreciate any help!!!! Thanks What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, thehez2@yahoo.c...

Error posting messages
When I post a message to this group and select the "Notify me of replies" checkbox, it states that it failed to post the message and oparations has been notified. But, I just noticed that my message does post and now I have posted duplicates. Sorry about that. ...

Want to Pull "Only", Not Post
Hi I have a form name "DrVoucher" which has the following fields. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -- Account No | Account Name | Debit Amount | Narration ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -- Account No. Field has a relation with a Table called "TblParties", Usually it happens than When a user inputs an account no, it pulls the Account Name Automatically from 'TblParties" But If the Account No. Do not exist in "TblParties", It will post the Written Ac...

PLEASE HELP! need conditional formatting related to date, blank cells and today's date
I want to create a conditional formmatting formula that will highlight a cell if that cell is blank and another cell that has a date in it is more than 30 days from today's date. So, if J2 has a date in it and that date is greater than or equal to 30 days past today's date AND K2 is blank, I want to highlight K2 red. If K3 is not blank I dont want it to be highlightd. can anyone help me with the correct formula/conditional formatting? Thanks so much! Try this in the Formula box of the CF dialogue: =3DAND(K2=3D"",J2-TODAY()>=3D30) If J2 is in the past (not clear from...

Dynamic Database Has No Space Available
I have Great Plains 8.0 the last service pack with SQL 2000 with the last service pack. The problem I'm having is my space available on the Dynamic Database say 0.00mb when i look in Enterprise Manager. How can I increase the space available? The Hard Drive has 90gb of free space available. Thanks in advance, Hi Kevin, Go to the Database properties in SQL Server then change the file-growth details to automatic and do not set a maximum size. Cheers, Vincent vong@scituscorp.com "Kevin" wrote: > I have Great Plains 8.0 the last service pack with SQL 2000 with the last ...

4smartphone Exchange .prf Issues with Outlook 2003
All - I just signed up with 4smartphone Hosted Exchange Server last night. The original exchange .prf file imported into Outlook 2003 just fine and I was able to sync up with everything. Well, because of my stupidity, I ended up removing that new exchange account from outlook, re-imported my backed up ..pst file and then tried to once again import the 4smartphone .prf - no luck. The second time around there is no setup after outlook opens - nothing. It just opens to my normal personal folder and checks mail. Is the .prf file good only once and then it doesn't work properly? A...

Macroless way to post dates in another cell
OK... So here's what I am trying to accomplish Should be simple but every time I try it I get an error... so I giv in. I need to get it set up so that when I enter any sort of value in cel E4 the date is automatically posted in cell I2. So simple yet beyond my comprehension -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com right click on the sheet tab>view code>insert this Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Address = "$E$4" Then range("e12")=date End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "HoundofCullin&...

Please help with formula #2
It has been a long time since I've needed to write for help, but I need it now. I had a friend come to me for help with a spreadsheet he's creating for the food service company he works for. While I taught advanced Excel in college, that was four years ago, and I don't recall this particular issue. The first worksheet is a payment summary sheet. Next, there are sheets for (invoices) for each organization the food service company deals with. On each invoice sheet, there are cells which identify information common to each of these company sheets. All of the invoice sheets are t...

Post Url rule in the workflow
hi, how do i call a web service using the workflow? I have a web service with a web method that requires 3 fields from the sales order, and i want to trigger it when an order is created, how do i do that? thanks in advance > how do i call a web service using the workflow? I have a web service with > a > web method that requires 3 fields from the sales order, and i want to > trigger > it when an order is created, how do i do that? Hi, http://msdn.microsoft.com/MBS/TechArticles/CRM/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmemailactivity.asp HTH, Carsten ...