Perhaps another Money alternative?

After years of their saying "what's Windows?" I not that the following
announcement:

---
Announcement: GnuCash 2.1.1 Release - 2007-04-28 17:47
GnuCash 2.1.1 released
The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.1.1 aka
"Bug-begone", the second of several unstable 2.1.x releases of the GnuCash
Open Source Accounting Software which will eventually lead to the stable
version 2.2.0. With this new release series, GnuCash is available on
Microsoft Windows for the first time...
---

I haven't checked into this further just yet, but that will certainly be
added to my personal Job Jar.

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gnucash/gnucash-2.1.1-setup.exe?modtime=1177809634&big_mirror=1

message news:eww7zK%23jHHA.1220@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> After years of their saying "what's Windows?" I not that the following
> announcement:
>
> ---
> Announcement: GnuCash 2.1.1 Release - 2007-04-28 17:47
> GnuCash 2.1.1 released
> The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.1.1 aka
> "Bug-begone", the second of several unstable 2.1.x releases of the GnuCash
> Open Source Accounting Software which will eventually lead to the stable
> version 2.2.0. With this new release series, GnuCash is available on
> Microsoft Windows for the first time...
> ---
>
> I haven't checked into this further just yet, but that will certainly be
> added to my personal Job Jar.

Looks like the only Windows edition is listed under "unstable". Not exactly a
safe option to Money, which doesn't bother to tell paying customers it is not
stable.

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gnucash/gnucash-2.1.1-setup.exe?modtime=1177809634&big_mirror=1
>
> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> message news:eww7zK%23jHHA.1220@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> > After years of their saying "what's Windows?" I not that the following
> > announcement:
> >
> > ---
> > Announcement: GnuCash 2.1.1 Release - 2007-04-28 17:47
> > GnuCash 2.1.1 released
> > The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.1.1 aka
> > "Bug-begone", the second of several unstable 2.1.x releases of the GnuCash
> > Open Source Accounting Software which will eventually lead to the stable
> > version 2.2.0. With this new release series, GnuCash is available on
> > Microsoft Windows for the first time...
> > ---
> >
> > I haven't checked into this further just yet, but that will certainly be
> > added to my personal Job Jar.

0
W (121)
5/7/2007 5:59:00 PM
Not only are they honest about their state an intentions, they're still
working at making it stable. That's two points in my book.

I guess I'm more interested in whether they will be a viable option in six
months or two years. I downloaded it but haven't installed it yet.

"W'" <W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Looks like the only Windows edition is listed under "unstable". Not
> exactly a
> safe option to Money, which doesn't bother to tell paying customers it is
> not
> stable.

Can Money automaticly add catorgies to transactions
can money autometicly add a catorgy to a transaction you download from your bank based on prior transactions? In microsoft.public.money, Insane Bill <Insane Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >can money autometicly add a catorgy to a transaction you download from your >bank based on prior transactions? Yes. It learns by experience based on the Payee. So you would apply the category, and Money should catch on. "Insane Bill" <Insane Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81E7CBCB-9527-40C0-8AF4-51876A491250@microsoft.com... > can money aut...

MnyBank : Ofc Ofx file conversion and Money import (V1.5.17)
Version 1.5.17 - Batch file conversion from CSV, QIF, OFC, OFX V1, OFX V2 (xml) to OFX V1, OFX V2 (xml), Excel (xml), - Demo at http://ferraroa.dyndns.org:8200/MnyBank/help/ with online conversion from OFC, OFX V1, OFX V2 (xml) to OFX V1, OFX V2 (xml), Excel (xml). A test file can be downloaded from the web not to use private data for testing. Version 1.5.16 : - Can save data into Excel Xml files (File/Save As) - Setting wizard in french and english - New link : http://ferraroa.dyndns.org:8200/MnyBank/bin/MnyBank.zip Version 1.5.12 : english help file and documentation (except...

Error at Money 2005 start up
I'm getting the following windows error everytime I start Money 2005 up: The procedure entry point RtlDuplicateUnicodeString could not be located in the dynamic link library nntdll.dll. Fortunately, Money loads after this error, but it's annoying. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and am still getting the same error. Any suggestions? I received good help from the email customer service at Morningstar. It may take two days, but sometimes only hours to get a response. If you purchased the software (it did not come with your computer), the service is free within one...

Money Update not working for three days
I have money 2004 deluxe. All the quotes and bank statements download = fine, but the money update always ends with an unknown error. Anyone = else have this problem or a solution if you have had it? Thanks David In microsoft.public.money, David wrote: >I have money 2004 deluxe. All the quotes and bank statements download fine, but the money update always ends with an unknown error. Anyone else have this problem or a solution if you have had it? Do you get an "Unknown Error" message? Hi David, Yes, I have the same problem with Money 2004 deluxe with an "unknown error&qu...

download broke money
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C57D79.8FFA0850 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The latest version of the MSN Money web site destroys Money 2005, not = ince. jim ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C57D79.8FFA0850 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3...

[Q] Managing Family Finance with MS Money
Is it possible to manage accounts of all household members (i.e. husband and wife) together with MS Money? For example, if the husband and the wife both have credit card accounts with Discover, MS Money doesn't allow to set up online services for both the accounts. It only enables to access a single account through online. I wonder if there is a way to access both accounts with the online service. If this(managing two accounts with the same institution) is not allowed by MS Money, what is the good way to manage the whole household finance? Is there any other software which does this? ...

Avoiding duplicate data based on criteria for another field in a q
I look after the admin for our fishing club. I've created a database (access 2003) with around 1200 records. we have members and non members who fish with seperate tables for each. Ive been working on a method to show the takings from between two dates for the non members. I've achieved it with one date (eg todays, or yesterdays) but if I put dates in covering several days or weeks It serves up junk! The problem is to create a query which will show each date on which someone fished (between the criteria dates entered using a form into the "date of fishing" field in the...

business section of money y2k
Hi guys Think I was on here last year trying to figure part of this out; got most figured out except for one small part. I need to separate sales that are taxable from the tax exempt ones. On the invoice it can be marked taxable or not but I need the sales completely separated. IOW the vast majority of my sales are tax exempt as they are out of state sales. I must be able to get totals of the taxable & non taxable sales for the sales tax report & payment. I tried to set up sub categories in sales but haven't found how to send the invoice to a subcategory instead of direct...

Another transfer question
Hi, I have read all posts regarding transfers between 2 acounts but I could not find the answer to that question. I download all operations from my bank web site. I have a few accounts. I frequently do money transfers between 2 accounts. I do it online most of the times. Here is the problem description: - I download operations including some transfer from account A to acoount B. - All operations are automatically imported into Money. - I open advanced regsiter for account A and categorize the transfer operation as "Transfer from/to account B". - Still in Money, I open accoun...

to transfer OE 6 files to another XP computer
I need to transfer my OE 6 files from one XP computer to another -- what is the best way to do that? Jack Backup & Restore: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/ Backing up and Cloning your OE Identities: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/clone.htm -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jack B" <jslimp01nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:ejXX%23rw4KHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I need to transfer my OE 6 files from one XP computer to another -- what >is > the best way to do that? > > J...

MS Money 2000 Business Edition
I am looking for a way to use the customer addresses in Ms Money 2000 Buisness to do a mail out using MS Word. Any idea's? ...

Microsoft Money 2004 is much too talkative
Microsoft Money 2004 frequently decides to talk to my wife. "Welcome to..." and "You are now going to..." and so on. We both hate it. Is there a way to disable the talking? Thanks, Paul Upper right hand corner is an icon of a speaker (left of the question mark). Click on it. Greg "Paul Baker [MVP, Windows - SDK]" <paulb@online.rochester.rr.com> wrote in message news:eJNKwn2oEHA.3460@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Microsoft Money 2004 frequently decides to talk to my wife. "Welcome > to..." > and "You are now going to..." and ...

Money 2004 Budget Summary won't load on Home page
Hi, I have Money 2004. The "Budget Summary" on the homepage has stopped loading. It says "Loading..." but never does. Any ideas what's causing it and how to fix it? Here's what I tried so far: 1) Removed the Budget Summary from my home page and readded it. No luck. 2) Verified I have a budget loaded in the Budget Planner. The Budger Planner displays the budget summary correctly. 3) Looked in the FAQs but didn't see this particular problem listed. Thanks, Ted. ...

Upgrade path from Microsoft Money 1.0 for Pocket PC
I am looking to move my old Microsoft Money data to something a bit more modern. Currently I can't even pull any of the database files off my PocketPC using ActiveSync. And backup/restore of the whole PocketPC is pretty tempermental. Help! Version of OS is Windows CE 3.0.9348. ...

Money 2005 and MY.MSN.COM Login problem
I'm not sure if this is the correct newsgroup to post this in but I was curious if anyone has had a problem with MY.MSN not opening without a username and password after launching Money 2005. It seems to open fine without these prompts if I don't go to Money between accesses to MY.MSN.COM. They both use the same passport username and password. When I access MY.MSN.COM from my work pc is opens with no username or password prompts but I am not running Money there. I have not received any meaningful help on this from Microsoft. I'm thinking that perhaps I need to set up a s...

Question About Updating one table with data another table using a Form
Okay, I feel a little silly telling you guys this, but I'm just going to come out and say it: I play Dungeons and Dragons, and since I'm still learning how to use Microsoft Access, I thought that it might be fun to try and build a character sheet database at home so that I could play around with some of the program's features. Unfortunately, I'm running into a snag. Here's my problem: I have a table, called 'Characters Table,' which is updated using a form called 'Character Sheet.' What I want to be able to do is select a race from a second table, called &#...

MS Money 2007 Trial Limitations question
My Money Deluxe 2004 is expiring shortly and I thought that I would try the MS Money Deluxe 2007 trial and hope that the 2008 version is available before the 90 day trial expires. The MS Money Deluxe 2007 Web site states: "The trial does not include any of the audio, multimedia or "premium services" of the full retail version of Money 2007 Deluxe" I don't care about the audio or multimedia stuff. Can someone tell me what "premium services" that are not included are? Will all of the online services of Money Deluxe 2004 work in the 2007 Money Deluxe ...

Stuff your mail box full of money!!! (Really!!!)
$$$$$ NEED MONEY RIGHT NOW? $$$$$ GUARANTEED-you WILL have $7,000+++ IN TWO WEEKS. ONLY WITH A $5 INVESTMENT, 1 HOUR OF WORK and NO MAILING LISTS "GIFTING CLUB" PLEASE READ TO FIND OUT HOW! If you want to make a few thousand dollars really quickly, then please take a moment to read and understand the MLM program I am sharing with you. NO, it is Not what you think! YOU DO NOT have to spend $5 to five people to buy a report, get on their mailing list, OR buy a recipe or any other product. NOR will you need to invest more money later to get things going. This is the fastest, e...

VBA to access data from another spreadsheet
If cell a1 contains the name of a file like : Costings and this is th name of a completely separate spreadsheet that is in C:\data, what VB code can I use to utilise the data in A1 to create a path to looku data from the costings spreadsheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Dov, You don't necessarily need VBA. If you want to use VLOOKUP to look in another workbook, it might look like the following. The external workbook name (Costings.xls) is hard coded into the formula. The value being looked up is in B1, and the table in Costings is in A2:B7: =VLOOKUP(B1, [Costi...

Address list LDAP search alternative BASE
- Is there a way to change BASE for an LDAP search filter in Exchange addres List ? I know by now (thanx again) I can edit the string manualy in AD configuration container, but there seem to be no attribute for search base. Does it set the search BASE to ther org root by default ? Thanx "Petr SIMUNEK" wrote: > - Is there a way to change BASE for an LDAP search filter in Exchange addres > List ? > > I know by now (thanx again) I can edit the string manualy in AD > configuration container, but there > seem to be no attribute for search base. Does it set the sea...

Money 99 #4
I have been using Money 99 for several years now without difficulty. Now when I try to open my file of money it gives me a error message that says "orig. 6663 could not be located in dynamic link library MFC 42.DLL I have to go to the task manager to stop it in order to continue. How do I solve this? In microsoft.public.money, Kevin wrote: >I have been using Money 99 for several years now without >difficulty. Now when I try to open my file of money it >gives me a error message that says "orig. 6663 could not >be located in dynamic link library MFC 42.DLL >...

Double click on chart column to get another chart
Hi...I have a column chart...what i did like to do is if the user clicks on the column, there will be another chart that will come up...if he clicks on the second column chart there would be a third chart that wil come up... Basically i have data at Regional level, zonal level and then at city level.... can you help? Nikhil One way of getting dynamic charts is with AutoFilter. Have all the data on one worksheet with columns to represent Regional level, Zonal level and City level. All rows of data would be Regional, Zone name against the data for specific zones and City name agains...

Money 2007 International Edition
Hi Guys, I am trying to get hold of Microsoft Money 2007 International Edition. Is this available yet? I have contacted Microsoft South Africa, but they made it clear that they will not release any version after Microsoft Money 2005. (v14) (Apparently due to limited demand…) Unfortunately the US trial version does not want to upgrade the International version file format. I know I can go the Export QIF / Import route, but this cause to many problems with double transactions. Any ideas if an International version exist? Thanks Renier The only M2007 non US version is Japanese. Re th...

How can I have a row copy to another worksheet based on dropdown v
Hi. I've only dabbled in Excel, but I'm trying to make a spreadsheet to help myself and co-workers monitor our customer's contracts and the associated end/renewal dates. I've figured out how to make drop-down boxes and get the data entered. However, I can't seem to figure out how to have an entire row populate on a separate sheet if "Employee #1" is selected from the dropdown list. As a very simple example. The columns are "Date, Customer Name, Contract, Employee Name #1, Employee Name #2". Our manager can enter all of the data, and selects...

pointing Outlook to another PST file
On Outlook-2000 (Internet Mail Only onstallation) I wanted it to use the pst file stored on an external USB disk. How do I point Outlook to this file instead of the default outlook.pst sitting in the Documents and settings folder? If I right-click on "Personal folders" and then select "Open Personal Folders file(PST), it adds another set of Personal folders whereas I want to replace the default one. aa, you wrote on Wed, 7 Sep 2005 08:03:38 +0100: > On Outlook-2000 (Internet Mail Only onstallation) I wanted it to use the pst > file stored on an external USB disk. Ho...