Performance by Investment Type or Account is WRONG for the RETURN

I have sent this to the MS Money people several times and NOTHING has been
FIXED.  Good to see I am not alone.
==============
Dear Microsoft Support People,

I have found an easy way to explain the problem with the Investment Reports
in Microsoft Money 2006 Premium.

Okay, go to the Microsoft Money SAMPLE Money file and open it up.

Now, go to the reports and pick either:

Performance by Investment Type
Performance by Investment Account

Go to “Customize” and take out the beginning date (or show all to date).

Click on “Show Calculation Details”

Now, view the report…..

The very first stock listed, “Blue Yonder Airlines” is a classic example of
what is now happening.

Take the Value for Today’s Date (I will use the dates and amounts of
February 6, 2006 for example).

The report shows:

$352,695.00 for the BUYS
$  1,172.60 for the INCOME
$352,625.00 for the VALUE ON 2/6/2006
$352,695.00 for the COST BASIS
$  1,102.50 for the RETURN FOR PERIOD

Okay, subtract the VALUE ON 2/6/2006 from the BUYS

$352,625.00 (VALUE)
$352,695.00 (BUYS)
$    -70.00 = RETURN for the PERIOD

The report shows a return of $1,102.50.  NO, NO, NO.  This is not the real
return (GAIN) but the income plus or minus the gain/loss for the value of the
stock.

I hope this helps and again, the Portfolio Page has the correct numbers in
the GAIN column and my reports from Microsoft Money 2004 are correct.

I simply cannot believe that nobody else across America has found this
little programming glitch – which I would think should be easy to fix.

0
Marcia (27)
2/26/2006 5:39:28 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Marcia wrote:

>Take the Value for Today�s Date (I will use the dates and amounts of
>February 6, 2006 for example).
>
>The report shows:
>
>$352,695.00 for the BUYS
>$  1,172.60 for the INCOME
>$352,625.00 for the VALUE ON 2/6/2006
>$352,695.00 for the COST BASIS
>$  1,102.50 for the RETURN FOR PERIOD
>
>Okay, subtract the VALUE ON 2/6/2006 from the BUYS
>
>$352,625.00 (VALUE)
>$352,695.00 (BUYS)
>$    -70.00 = RETURN for the PERIOD

Is it your contention that dividends are not part of "return" in
your opinion?

>The report shows a return of $1,102.50.  NO, NO, NO.  This is not the real
>return (GAIN) but the income plus or minus the gain/loss for the value of the
>stock.

>I hope this helps and again, the Portfolio Page has the correct numbers in
>the GAIN column and my reports from Microsoft Money 2004 are correct.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Account deletes when click on change account details
I am using Money 2001 When i am using "Other open accounts" and click on "Change Account Details" The account simply deletes itself. I have searched the computer to no avail. Can anyone suggest a solution to this. The missing accounts are still in my archive fies of three years ago -- D Richardson -- D Richardson "Derrick Richardson" wrote: > I am using Money 2001 > When i am using "Other open accounts" and click on "Change Account Details" > The account simply deletes itself. I have searched the computer to no avail. &...

Default account setting not retained
I have one client on my network whose Outlook 2003 REFUSES to keep their POP3 account as the default account. Each time they log off their workstation the default reverts back to Exchange, which is not currently set up to handle email beyond the intranet. Does anyone know of any reason why this one client is the only person on the network whose account settings keep reverting? And what can I do about it? A quick reply would be greatly appreciated. Try a fresh mail profile - and do not multi-post. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion in...

FRx Account Filtering
I'm trying to use the account filtering feature on the account/trans detail tab of report options to include all accounts which have, say 11 in the second and third digits of the account. In our case this means using an account mask of ?11???-?????-?? which fits our account structure. The result is inconsistent. I get mostly accounts which match the pattern, but also a few that don't. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any advice. When you say I am mostly getting accounts that match the pattern, what are you getting that doesn't? This will help in detemining what you a...

CoCreateInstance() returns E_OUTOFMEMORY
I am trying to use a program developed by someone else to interface with a camera using the SDK. This program runs fine on a particular laptop, but not on any other machines. The code tries to initialize the camera object through a function exposed through a .dll file. m_pVidControl = new CCameraCtl(); m_pVidControl->Initialize(640,480); // Unhandled exception causes crash The program crashes on the second line, and by stepping in to the code in the .dll, I found the error in the CoCreateInstance() function call. int CCameraCtl::Initialize(int width, int height) { //init camera cap...

Return to a previous cell
I have a macro button in a frozen pane which finds and goes to another occurrence of the contents of the active cell, often several hundred rows below the active cell. I'd like to have a macro that would take me back to the first cell. I figured it out myself. (give self pat on back) "Ken G." wrote: > I have a macro button in a frozen pane which finds and goes to another > occurrence of the contents of the active cell, often several hundred rows > below the active cell. I'd like to have a macro that would take me back to > the first cell. I actually hav...

RMA Transaction
Please allow using $0 return cost. When the item extension cost is $0, post a $0 cost. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9bc500f2-2c63-4449-95d3-fb4bf3e7681e...

Problem using "Update retirement account" in Money 2005
I'm having trouble updating my 401k account using "Update retirement account" for my end of 2004 statement. There is one specific investement that produces the following error: "... will cause the balance of 'xx' held in this investment account to become negative at some point. Please cancel or revise the transaction." If I try to do the "Dividend" and the "Buy" transactions manually then I get the following error when I try to do the "Dividend" transaction: "You have not purchased 'xx' in this Investment Account...

Reply of SMTP mail generate a wrong Adress
Hi, we have a problem by reply of SMTP Mail from extern like gmx. Out Exchange Display Name contains special characters like ( ), for example "Test, User (IT/IT1)". If we send a mail to gmx the adress was changed to "Test, User \(IT/IT1\)". By reply we got a wrong smtp Adresse, or if the replay was send back to exchange the recipient Adresse is displayed as "Test, User \(IT/IT1\)"<test.user@test.com@mailserver.com Any ideas ? Thank you "Ingo Huber" <IngoHuber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >we have a problem by reply of SMTP Mail...

Setting up to do my accounts (very newbie!)
Having done my small business accounts for years in 'book' format I am now moving towards the idea of doing them on the computer. I am fairly new to the technicalities of spreadsheets. It seems to me the neatest way to do my annual accounts is to have each worksheet represent a different month - is that feasible? is it possible? can I change the name from 'sheet 1' to 'January sheet 2 to february etc? My stubbling-block seems to be working out how to carry-forward balances from one sheet to another. Is this possible or am I going about the whole thing the wrong way? A...

How do I return to the start of the next row
I am typing in a row of 8 numbers in EXCEL...when I finish and hit enter, I want to the cursor to move back to the FIRST column of the next row??? How can I command the machine to do this? Thanks Hi one way: - select your entry range before entering your data - now ENTER should bring you to the next row -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Barbara Retzko" <Barbara Retzko@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0023940B-9946-4E73-9772-10198D728A4E@microsoft.com... > I am typing in a row of 8 numbers in EXCEL...when I finish and hit enter, I >...

Money adds "watch" investments to my investment Portfolio
I am using Money 2006. In my investnemt Portfolio I have the following Investment Accounts: Retirement Regular Brokerage and "Watch" After I setup up Money to sync with my broker, I notice when I goto the Portfolio Management the indexes in my WATCH account have been added to my retirement account (they are still in my Watch account). There is a corresponding "buy" entry for each index in the investment retirement page. If I delete the indexes from my retirement account they get added (bought) each time I visit the page and it updates. Is this related to the MSN money sy...

Not recieveing emails on 2 out of 3 accounts
I'm using Outlook 2003 to check 3 email accounts. I'll let's call them: me@company.com support1@company.com support2@company.com All 3 are POP/SMTP accounts, all the settings for each are the same. Last week all 3 were working. On Friday I had to change the password on me@company.com. Since then I get 3 copies of any emails sent to me@company.com and no emails sent to either support email account. The support accounts are monitored by other people in my office who do recieve emails (we've got them set to leave the emails on the server for 10 days). If I hit reply to each ...

IE user trouble loading web mail with Exchange 2003 account
All, A user has been moved to a Exchange 2003 server, and cannot read her mail using Outlook Web access. It does not load the inbox, just the shortcut bar. Her account works on other PCs so it's just a PC setting. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Sent e-mails going to th wrong folder
Why does my e-mails go to my In-box and not to Sent Items when I send them out. Outlook Live XP Home SP2 ...

XSD.EXE serialization and complex type issue
I have a complex type in an XSD as follows: (3rd party provided) <xs:complexType name="PhoneType"> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Number" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" type="an.. 25M" /> <xs:element name="Qualifier" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"> <xs:simpleType> <xs:restriction base="xs:string"> <xs:pattern value="BN|CP|FX|HP|NP|TE|WP" /> </xs:restriction> </xs:simpleType> ...

How to restore 1 Account
I have a user that deleted an entrie account 5 days ago. I know that the unique solution is restore the database, but i can't lost the 5 days. How I can restore 1 account from the backup???? Thank's Hi Javier, CRM does not do anything for restoring deleted records. What you can do is to restore the backup of the company_MSCRM database to a new database. Then search for the account in the account view. Once you have found this, then open your MSCRM system and go to accounts. Create a new record with the attributes as set in the record in the database. You will probably also ...

Account format change #3
GP 9 framework length = 14 4 segments 3-4-4-3 seg 3 natural current useage length 11 1-3-4.3 in a test environment under tools setup acct format made the changes so that length = 14 seg1=3 seg2 =4 no change to seg3 or 4 this keeps us within the framework and saved ex acct 0-401-5000-399 became 0ss-401s-5000-399 s=space I then ran the prof tools modifier final acct 000-0401-5000-399 with the actindx of 0-401-5000-399 = to the new acct 000-0401-5000-399 only results that I have an issue with so far is the gl40200 the 2 segments that were changed had both in the table and the new longer segm...

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Importing Contacts linked with accounts
Hi, I do not succed in importing contacts linked with accounts. I use the bulk import wizard tool. (I have 1000 contact to import) 1/ I import first accounts (name + adresses) 2/ Then I import contacts. I try to link contacts with the account name. (parent Account field). I try to link the contact with accounts using the name of "Parent Account" name. But this fails. I cannot import anything How can I create a link between Accounts and contact with the Bulk import wizard ? Thank you for your help. Pascal One way of doing this is to try something like this: 1. Go to SQL ...

Share sale recorded in cash account as payment !!!!
In my portfolio I recorded a share sale but it is showing in the cash account as a payment rather than a receipt. I have corrected it several times but when I close money and re-start it later it keeps changing the transaction back to a payment. Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone suggest a solution? It is driving me mad......... Thanks In microsoft.public.money, teecee90 wrote: >In my portfolio I recorded a share sale but it is showing in the cash >account as a payment rather than a receipt. I have corrected it several >times but when I close money and re-start ...

My return parameter is coming back null
I am calling a stored procedure which I know is returning 0, but my code shows it as null. What am I missing? ************************************* SqlCommand dbCommand = new SqlCommand("Add", new SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ConnectString"].ConnectionString)); dbCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure; dbCommand.Parameters.AddWithValue("@CALLS", Convert.ToInt32(((Label)gvr.FindControl("lblGiftCount")).Text)); retValue = dbCommand.Parameters.Add("RetValue", SqlDbType.Int); retValue.Direct...

Returning a label rather than a number in pivot table field
I am new to pivot tables and have managed to create a few that show the desired data. However, I would like the value returned to be the name of a company rather than a number. Is this possible? For example, I have company types in the column (e.g. small & big) and geographic location in rows (e.g. Europe & North America). The data shown in the pivot table is minimum, maximum and average. However, I would like the company name instead of the minimum value. I know that I can right-click and show details, but that is all the data, not just for the particular cell. ...

how do I make the cell expand to fit my text as I type?
I merged some cells across the width of a spreadsheet and i can't get the cell to increase it's height as more text is typed in wraps around. Only way I know, is to move your cursor to between the row number of therow you want to adjust and the next row. The cursor changes shape into an up/down arrow. Click and drag till you see all. Double clicking will also not work "pnwwoman" wrote: > I merged some cells across the width of a spreadsheet and i can't get the > cell to increase it's height as more text is typed in wraps around. If cells are merged. ...

wrong format for month in cell
Hi all, Using Excel 2003 on Windows XP Pro. sp2 I have a date in a cell like this 03/01/2008. let say cell B1 Under format cell; Category = Date , Type = *03/14/2008 In another cell I have a formula like this; =MONTH(B1) Under format cell; Category = Custom, Type = mmmm the result = January. what??? I want it to be March, don't understand why it thinks 01 = month? Not sure why it would not be; 03 = month, 01 = Day, 2008 = year Will on top of wanting the correct format that I mentioned for month above, I also need it be be the previous months name? so the value in the c...

Accounts Receivable without Sales Order
I like to have AR entries without a corresponding Sales Order entry. Will it affect the system in any means? What will be the effect when checklinks or reconcile is run? Please clarify. AR (or rather RM, Receivables Management as GP calls it) is a completely separate module from Sales Order Processing (SOP). When you post a transaction in SOP it creates a corresponding transaction in RM. Creating a transaction directly in RM will not cause any system issues or cause any problems with check links or reconcile. Hope that helps, -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP "ACE_Shankar"...