Payment For Invoice - Will Never Match

In my business account, I have payments for invoices.  When I download from
my bank, they never match up.  I try to match them manually, and it won't
let me.  I delete the downloaded transaction, and it shows back up on the
next download.

How can I work around this, and still show that my customer made a payment?

0
JB2K
5/11/2005 12:19:53 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

C'mon... I know people from Microsoft are looking at this forum.  Why
haven't I received an answer yet??

This is a serious matter, and I'm 99.9% sure I'm not the only one who's been
in this situation.

JB2K
"JB2K" <spam_catcher...@jb2k.com> wrote in message
> In my business account, I have payments for invoices.  When I download
> from my bank, they never match up.  I try to match them manually, and it
> won't let me.  I delete the downloaded transaction, and it shows back up
> on the next download.
>
> How can I work around this, and still show that my customer made a
> payment?

0
JB2K
5/12/2005 12:20:53 AM
I'm in the same boat - I can't match the transaction deposit because it does
not show up in the available transactions.  I have found this occurs when I
have multiple deposits on the same day and they are name aliased.  When I
match them up I can select the payed invoice I entered.   Good Luck.

"JB2K" wrote:

> In my business account, I have payments for invoices.  When I download from
> my bank, they never match up.  I try to match them manually, and it won't
> let me.  I delete the downloaded transaction, and it shows back up on the
> next download.
>
> How can I work around this, and still show that my customer made a payment?

0
CJB (1)
5/12/2005 12:55:16 AM
This is not a channel for Microsoft-to-user support. If you want that, open
a support case directly with Microsoft at
http://support.microsoft.com/money.

Very few people use the business versions. Fewer of them support other users
here. Sorry, but that's how it is. I don't use it, or I would try to help.
Many others are in the same boat.

> C'mon... I know people from Microsoft are looking at this forum.  Why
> haven't I received an answer yet??
>
> This is a serious matter, and I'm 99.9% sure I'm not the only one who's
> been in this situation.

Reference:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;832772

-Mark
"CJB" <CJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm in the same boat - I can't match the transaction deposit because it
does
> not show up in the available transactions.  I have found this occurs when
> have multiple deposits on the same day and they are name aliased.  When I
> match them up I can select the payed invoice I entered.   Good Luck.
>
> "JB2K" wrote:
>
> > In my business account, I have payments for invoices.  When I download
from
> > my bank, they never match up.  I try to match them manually, and it
won't
> > let me.  I delete the downloaded transaction, and it shows back up on
the
> > next download.
> >
> > How can I work around this, and still show that my customer made a
payment?

0
abcd7779 (838)
5/12/2005 3:03:10 PM
Thanks Mark!

"Mark" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote in message news:42837031@news.microsoft.com...
> Reference:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;832772
>
> -Mark
> "CJB" <CJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I'm in the same boat - I can't match the transaction deposit because it
> does
>> not show up in the available transactions.  I have found this occurs when
>> have multiple deposits on the same day and they are name aliased.  When I
>> match them up I can select the payed invoice I entered.   Good Luck.
>>
>> "JB2K" wrote:
>>
>> > In my business account, I have payments for invoices.  When I download
> from
>> > my bank, they never match up.  I try to match them manually, and it
> won't
>> > let me.  I delete the downloaded transaction, and it shows back up on
> the
>> > next download.
>> >
>> > How can I work around this, and still show that my customer made a
> payment?

0
JB2K
5/13/2005 1:48:43 AM
Thanks Dick... I knew this wasn't a ms-to-user group, but I've seen all the
MVP responses, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

message news:OW7DcFpVFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> This is not a channel for Microsoft-to-user support. If you want that,
> open a support case directly with Microsoft at
> http://support.microsoft.com/money.
>
> Very few people use the business versions. Fewer of them support other
> users here. Sorry, but that's how it is. I don't use it, or I would try to
> help. Many others are in the same boat.
>
> "JB2K" <spam_catcher...@jb2k.com> wrote in message
>> C'mon... I know people from Microsoft are looking at this forum.  Why
>> haven't I received an answer yet??
>>
>> This is a serious matter, and I'm 99.9% sure I'm not the only one who's
>> been in this situation.

0
JB2K

"Open" invoice has a zero balance
We have an old invoice still showing as open but it has a zero balance. The invoice was paid in full by several different credit memos. All the credit memos have a history status. There are no terms discounts involved. Why hasn't this invoice been classified as history? -- Rosalyn Rosalyn, Is this in payables or receivables? -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Rosalyn" <Rosalyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82DFE6F0-2CB7-48C4-A3B3-77D608FA096E@microsoft.com... > We have an old invoice still showing as open but it has a zero balance. > The >...

Money 2003
I have a problem with downloading statements from my bank. If a = downloaded deposit needs to be matched with multiple entries in the = register as when depositing several items at once, I can manually match = them up just fine. The problem is the next time I download, Money = somehow does not realize the transaction has already been downloaded and = I get another copy. At this point I am stuck since I can not re-match it = and deleting the downloaded transaction just causes it to be downloaded = again. Matching downloaded transactions with a single entry causes no = problems. Any ideas on wha...

Reconciling Paid Invoice and Bank Statement (Small Business)
To record an invoice payment I follow these steps: 1- I use the "receive payment for invoice" functionality in the A/R screen. This action results in a transaction posted in my bank account. 2- I deposit the check at the bank. 3- I wait for the bank transaction to be electronically transferred into money. My question is: how do I match the electronic transaction with the one generated by money when I received the payment? Money will not let me match the transaction manually and, if I delete it, it is downloaded again the next time. Thanks for your help, Francois ...

Will a subform work in this scenario
I have a report that looks like this: UID Seq Date Person Restriction Data Impact Message Reimb 2 134 17-Jul-06 Bob Driving Accident $729.00 Yes Yes 2 134 Joe Accident $17.35 2 134 Rex Accident $8.42 2 134 Adam Accident $47.62 2 134 Jane Accident $17.93 2 134 William Accident $64.22 2 134 Robert ...

Will Publisher still work on new version of IE?
I manage my company's web site which I created with Publisher 2003 in 2006. I have been told that Publisher web sites will no longer work with the next iteration of Internet Explorer (and with other browsers) because they will not comport with international standards. Is this true, and should I redesign my web site with another authoring tool? Since IE8 has not been released yet, there's no way of telling for sure how your Publisher designed web will work with IE8...it's almost certain that IE8 will have to run in compatibility mode though. Run your current website throug...

Order Transferred to Invoice is still open
Dynamics 10.0 We transferred an ORDER to an INVOICE and posted the INVOICE thus removing all inventory from stock. However, the ORDER that was transferred with NO BACKORDERS whatsoever is still open. It shows the correct Qty ORDERED (say 4) with ZERO SHIPPED and ZERO BACKORDERD. We cannot get rid of this order - We've tried marking all line items DIRECT and transferring to another Invoice - Nothing. We've tried entering a quantity into SHIPPED and we get this message: "Quantity Options cannot exceed total Item quantity. Please enter a new quantity". ...

List of Shipment Trx. not matched
How I can get information about unmatched shipment in report / smartlist / view In version 9 Go to receivings Line items in Smartlist and select the default shipments received but not invoiced. Hope this helps "Syam" wrote: > How I can get information about unmatched shipment in report / smartlist / > view ...

Excel 97 will not open
excel caused an invalid page fault in module; excel.exe at 0177;3003dc7d Hi if this happen all the time I would try to re-install Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Henrywhh" <Henrywhh@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7E474281-2AE3-4AD9-B0A0-EB536C40568F@microsoft.com... > excel caused an invalid page fault in > module; excel.exe at 0177;3003dc7d ...

Will IE6 run under Win7?
Re ongoing problems with operation of "Favorites" in IE7/IE8: I'm trying to get a Win7 system running with a browser that I can use. Is it possible to load IE6 on Win7? How about Win7/64-bit? Seems doubtful, but I've got to jump on a plane with a laptop soon, and I'm clutching at straws. I'd love to have a talk with the MS programmer who did the 'Favorites' code. > Re ongoing problems with operation of "Favorites" in IE7/IE8 What ongoing problems with Favorites and how many friggin' new threads are you going to start about th...

DPM Newsgroup will stop working from June 30. 06-08-10
As many of you already would have read about newsgroup deprecation. DPM newsgroup will be deprecated on June 30 onwards. To discourage activity on newsgroup and to encourage everybody to move to Technet forum, from now onwards DPM team will not be actively verifying that the customer queries are answered in newsgroup. Everybody who is using the newsgroup to get their queries answered please shift to technet forum before newsgroup services are stopped. Technet Forum website: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/dataprotectionmanager/threads. You need a Live...

Macro to compare lists and update matches
I have two lists of names. The first is classified as a range e.g. �Present�. The other is not a range, but I will refer to it as �New�. New is imported daily. I want to compare each of the names in the New list with the Present range. I can do this the MATCH(A1,Present,0) reference for the name�s occurrence in Present. If the name is not present then I get error #N/A returned, which I think is Error 2024 In VBA I have managed to select the names that have a numerical value returned by the MATCH and copy them to a new table. I can not do this where the return is the error. The aim at the en...

HELP! Excel problem.... Will Pay!
I have had serious problems trying to get this Excel file right to upload into my OsCommerce - Easy Populate script. If some one is willing to help me with this and do the first upload for me I can pay you! I REALLY REALLY need to get this finally finished up! So to any one willing to help just email me. popuplace@yahoo.com title it "Excel Help" Here is the main file I was given from another member from these forums. This is the format the file will need to be in. If you are able to change another CSV file into this format PLEASE contact me ASAP! Thank You! http://www.pricetrim...

Problem with Invoice Design/Templates in Money 2003 Deluxe & Busin
I run a delivery/courier service and need something that will suit my needs in MS MOney. I need to change the way in which information is placed in the invoice template. I know you can change the LOOK of how it is printed, but I need to change the initial template completely. For example, I do not want the Rate and Quanity to multiply each other to get a total. I would prefer it to do no calculations at all, and just put a PO# and date in that area instead. Again, I do not want to just change the LOOK, I need to customize the way in which data is originally entered and displayed. Do I n...

matching results
i am trying to return matched results from one worksheet to another. for instance if i enter the same date on the first worksheet for several items how do i get those items to appear on the second worksheet. i can nearly manage this, however if there are spaces between the dates that are the same it only returns the first matched date and the dates below the first upto the number of dates that are the same. ...

matching and entering data
Hi, will try to explain my problem as best as I can. I have 2 worksheets. Each worksheet has in column A a list of unique customer numbers. Sheet 1 has 75000 rows AND 4 extra columns of data and sheet 2 has 63000 rows. What I need to do in sheet 2 is: If customer number in Sheet 2 has a corresponding customer number in sheet 1I need to insert the corresponding 4 cells of data aginst the customer number in sheet 2 also remember the row numbers in sheet 1 & 2 do not correspond! Please help :-) You probably want Vlookup. Assume your data in Sheet1 is in Columns A:E,...

if cell d5 says a then d6 will show 1 etc
how can i get a multiple answers from one cell to another. Example my output cell will be d6 if cell d5 says hello then d6 will say 100 if cell d5 says help then d6 will say 300 if cell d5 says test then d6 will say 500 if cell d5 says bye then d6 will say 700 etc.. i got one but its only for two answers, i need at least 20 =IF(A1="Pass",100,IF(A1="Fail",0,"")) Please help !!!!!!!:confused: :confused: -- Moh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Moh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Charge Interest from 45 days Invoice
Could I let GP begin to calculate interest on 45 days invoices? From where to setup this? Thanks! -- Lucy First you would need an aging bucket that starts at 45 days, like 45 - 60 days or something. You would set that up in RM setup (tools>setup>sales>receivalbes). Then when you access finance charges (tools>routines>sales>finance charge) you put the bucket that includes the 45 day start date in the lower right hand corner of that window. "Sunstream" wrote: > Could I let GP begin to calculate interest on 45 days invoices? From where to > setup thi...

ODBC ms Query will not edit saved query
Hello, I am using Excel to query an Oracle database. When using Excel 97 and Windows95/98 all saved queries worked fine. After upgrading to Windows2000 and Excel 2000 queries will refresh data, but we cannot edit the queries. When we choose "get external data / edit query" MSQuery appears to flash on the screen for a split second and then vanish. I have created system DSNs as instructed by Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 322046, but it did not correct the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THANKS, David ...

Which to use
Hi, In Worksheet 1, we have the following: Column A Column B Column C Description 1 Value 1a Value 1b Description 2 Value 2a Value 2b ... Description 20 Value 20a Value 20b In Worksheet 2, I would like to create a list of items from Worksheet 1 that meet a certain criteria. Trick is, I don't want to have 20 open rows in Worksheet 2 and copy/paste a formula. I only want to list the items that exceed the threshhold. For example, I want to create a list of items for which the value in Column C exceeds 5. If R1C3>5, then list R1C1, R1C2, R1C3. If n...

Information store will not start
I found a problem yesterday, just no solution. Here is the problem in a nutshell, I found this one the internet and after checking, that's the problem: XADM: Information Store Suddenly Stops and Generates the Server Specific Error "4294966781" The information in this article applies to: Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 This article was previously published under Q262375 SYMPTOMS: The information store stops, and the following server-specific error message appears: Error 2140. Internal Windows NT error. The following Event ID is then generated in the Windows NT Event Viewer Applicat...

Microsoft Office 2008 WILL NOT INSTALL!!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel For some odd reason, I can't install Microsoft office. I enter the product key and select the destination. Then i click install but it doesn't do anything! It stops for a second and just stays there. What is going on? Can i fix this? On 7/5/09 7:10 PM, in article 59b7798f.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "illmatic87@officeformac.com" <illmatic87@officeformac.com> wrote: > For some odd reason, I can't install Microsoft office. I enter the product key > and select the destination. Then i cl...

concatenate will not paste special
Hi I am trying to concatenate first name and last name columns, all is good till I copy and paste special.....It say copy and paste area is not the same size...and it is. Here is the real dilemma, when I copy and past the data into a new spread sheet and concatenate it works, except in certain records it drops the actual name and I end up with a blank field, that causes great grief when I send said data to another process that strips blank lines and shifts remaining data up resulting in an absolute train wreck of srong names to addresses. Help If desired, send your file ...

Quantity to Invoice defaults to Order Quantity
Is there a way to not have the quantity to invoice default to order quantity? We have orders with multiple line items that ship at different times. Since the quantity to invoice defaults to the quantity ordered, we have to go into each line item and change the invoice quantity to zero before transferring to invoice. Or, are we doing something wrong in order entry (or in set-up)? Any help would be appreciated. ...

Index, Match help
I need help with an index, match formula. Worksheet 1 has 8 columns. In ColA is the name, Col 4 is the associated cost center. Worksheet 2 needs to find the cost center based on the name in ColE. I could use a vlookup but the Index Match takes up less space when saved. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks. Hi Nadine, Perhaps: =INDEX(Sheet1!$D:$D,MATCH(E1,Sheet1!$A:$A,0)) Not sure why VLOOKUP would take up more space, it's shorter. =VLOOKUP(E1,Sheet1!$A:$H,4,0) -- Paul - Paul ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul'...

Creating mulitple asset cards from one purchasing invoice -
When creating muliple asset cards from one purchasing invoice, the balance available to create assets randomly disappears. Example: I purchased 4 items on one invoice, each for $2,960. I needed to set each up as a separate asset. I set up the first two assets, no problem, by changing the acquisition cost on the Asset Purchase screen to the cost of the one item. When I went to set up asset #3, I noted that the dollar amount remaining was exactly enough for asset #3, with nothing remaining for asset #4. I set up asset #4 to properly relieve my clearing account, but the automatic li...