Payee Name Woes

In trying to figure out why I had so many payee name mis-matches I deleted
all my payees and started over.  However all the old "User Altered Payee
Name" to "Payee Name Variations" still seem to be there though I have no way
to see what they are.

For instance I transactions as "Subway" in the register, but no longer
listed as a Payee.  If I look at the "Preferred Payee Name" screen that
shows the known matchups from the "Payee Rules Manager", nothing is listed.
I then download and accept a transaction for "Subway".  1st, off, it's not
added back to my Payee list nor am I prompted if I want to add it.  So I go
manually add "Subway" to the payees as a brand new payee.  But suddenly,
after having doing so, I also see in the "Payee Rules Manager" "Payee Name
Variations" list thing linke "Subway Store", "Subway XYZ", "Subway Main St".
They also show up in the "Preferred Payee Name" list again after
"re-building" the payee.

It appears that although I deleted all the payees from the list they are all
still there, including all the variations I had added and was trying to
clear out and re-build, and I have no way to get to them.

1) How do I get Money to re-add Payees going forward so I don't have to
manually add them all?

2) How do I delete these old associations that appear to be in the file but
I have no access to?

Any Ideas?

Money 2007 on Vista, imported from 2006 on XP

0
sam363 (15)
3/20/2007 9:22:22 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

make a distribution list from a named category(in contact list)
I've created a category name from certain contacts...can I use that category name to directly create a distribution list? What happens now is when I'm adding to the dist. list, the contact list shows up, but the category "field" doesn't show up in the list, so its hard to remember which contact is in which category. Thanks -David If you are using categories, why be redundant and use a DL? Drag the category to your inbox and your distribution is set. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited m...

Insert Comment Function
I am using Excel for our National Guard unit on a LAN system. The spreadsheet I created several of us use but not in a shared mode. Some users when they Insert a Comment in the cell it inputs their name, which we want, some users it simply inserts "USAF User" I assume it looks at who is signed into the LAN but each of us has to do that just to get to the spreadsheet so why does it insert some users names and some it doesn't ? Thanks Excel 2003 uses whatever is in Tools, Options, General, User name. Some companies preset it to the company name. Some users put their pref...

How to merge records into one record by customer's name?
How can I merge repeating records of a customer who has different oders of products? Ist col, Company name, 2nd col cust name, 3rd-10th col Product items Thks, I had tried the help on consolidate, could not fiigure it out. Thks! One way to try .. Assume you have in Sheet1, in A1:E5, the table: Comp Cust Prd#1 Prd#2 Prd#3 ABC XXX 40 50 90 DEF YYY 30 50 20 ABC XXX 50 70 70 DEF YYY 50 30 20 In Sheet2, you have the "master" table below in A1:E2 Comp Cust Prd#1 Prd#2 Prd#3 ABC XXX DEF YYY Put in C2: =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$2:$A$5=$A2)*(Sheet1!$B$2:$B$5=$B2),Sheet1!C$2:C$5) Copy C...

Save a new file with the name that is in cell "C7"
Here is what I want to do: Open up a template. Enter information. Click on save, and when the window shows up asking me to name the file, I want it to automatically use a file name with the value in cell C7. As an example, if cell C7 has "Milton 287-12", I want to automatically name the file"Milton 287-12" when I save for the first time. Is this possible? Thanks, Joe Hi, Lunker, Try pasting the following code into a macro sheet and running it with Alt-F8 Change the path to whatever you require between the quote in line 3 and "A1" to whatever cell you want...

cannot obtain provider factory for data provider named 'microsoft.sqlserverce.client3.5'
Hello everybody, I work with VS 2008 on the Windows 7. MS SQL Server 2008 Express is installed on the machine as well as SQL Server CE 3.5 SP1. In the machine.config there is an entry: <add name="Microsoft SQL Server Compact Data Provider" invariant="System.Data.SqlServerCe.3.5" description=".NET Framework Data Provider for Microsoft SQL Server Compact" type="System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeProviderFactory, System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91"/></DbProviderFactories> The appl...

Payee Rules Manager #2
I would like to get a message to the person or team that developed Payee Rules Manager. It is quite a disappointment to me, and others who've posted here to select a Preferred payee name then click Add under Payee name variation only to discover there is no drop down selection box for Payee name variation. There is also no obvious way to copy and paste the variations from somewhere else. Do you realize how much trouble this poorly designed dialog box causes customers? Was this tested for usability? With this design we sometimes have to manually type in payee name variations with l...

Money does not memorize recent payees any more.
A few months ago I had a major crash, my money database file got completely corrupted and I had to reinstall an earlier backup (fortunately not too much was lost). However, since then my Money shows a srange phenomenon: before it would memorize payees and - when entering data in that field - after the first few characters always offered a short list of matching recent payees to choose from. I found that feature extremely handy (in fact: THIS feature made me choose Money over a competitor way back then, because it sped up data entry so much...). Since that crash & restore, however,...

Change column name??????
:rolleyes: *Can somebody help my out?????? I would like to know how to change the column name (A, B, C etc) into a different name...* --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Good question BH 79 , I also would really like to know this and can't find anything about it :confused:. But I have seen docs in which the columns have names instead of the usual a,b,c-labels... Hope someone knows the answer... --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "BH79 >" <<BH79.zrnhc@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:BH79.zrnhc@excelforum-nospam.com......

Named Instance of SQL
Hi there, We have inherited a client who installed MSCRM but on a named SQL Instance. I know this is not supported, and so far have found that you are unable to go offline from SFO. Does anyone know if there are any other implications. Thanks in advance Sam what happens when you go offline? "Samantha" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:966901c43385$cfe3db60$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi there, > > We have inherited a client who installed MSCRM but on a > named SQL Instance. I know this is not supported, and so > far have found that y...

Payee Matching
Is there anyway to use wildcards when setting up Payee matching?? When I download trasactions, the payee names are almost always a little different so I end up with 40 different version of Safeway with some 20 digit number behind it. Wouldn't it be nice if you could put *Safeway* in the payee matching?? Seems like such a simple thing. That's the one thing that has always bugged me about Money. Does Quicken do that? Matt In microsoft.public.money, Matt wrote: >Is there anyway to use wildcards when setting up Payee matching?? When I >download trasactions, the payee name...

reset contact names display in outlook reading pane
Over time, due to inefficiencies on my part as well some company changes have made the name display in the reading pane and other places quite messy. For example, my company renamed a division so people who were once Smith, John (north division) are now Smith, John (professional division) and those I accidentally accepted from incoming emails as Mary Jones for the display, I would prefer to display as Jones, Mary. I may have compounded the problem because I do use the contacts as my default due to the fact I have many external customers and our company is extremely la...

Column A is Town, Column B is names. How can Excel add & tell how.
Column A is Town, Column B is names, Column C is how many in each household. How can Excel add & tell me how many Smiths in each town and, if possible, how many Smith families with 2 people in each town. Then I want to chart the info. How many of each family name by town. Read Help for Pivot Table -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35575F1E-F67D-47C9-AD18-D1658405A5E9@microsoft.com... > Column A is Town, Column B is names, Column C is how many in each > hous...

His Name is "LORD Almighty" not god! Look for urself
Open our eyes and ears Jesus Christ is Lord ...

return all entries where name contains "LEN"
I have a table: (Dummy Scenario) -ID -Name -Join_Date -Remark ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I'd like to: Retrieve all entries where the name contains "LEN" , so names such as "ALLEN", "LENNY", "LENUS" etc.. should be returned. (In SQL, we write --> where the name LIKE "*LEN*", ) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My question: 1) how can i do it in a form ? 2) Is that possible to return all results into a "DataG...

CRM Cluster Nodes cannot reference virtual name
We have an installation with CRM two clustered nodes using Windows 2003 NLB Nodes: CRM01, CRM02 Virtual Name: CRM Apart from standard CRM implementation, we use CRM assemblies, both for workflows but also for pre/post-callouts Users PC's can access the system using http://crm:5000 (the virtual name) and NLB correctly balances the load between the two nodes The problems start when trying to access CRM from the web server nodes. Using http://crm01:5000 works without requiring username/password (integrated authentication) Using http://crm02:5000 works as above Using http://crm:5000 works giv...

Using a named range in a chart
Can a named range be used in a chart for one of the series? I have tried this, and it doesn't seem to work. For instance, i have a name _Date_rng defined (using Insert...Name...Define) as "data!$A$2:$A$60". In a chart (XY scatterplot), for one series, i define the X values as _Date_rng. Excel formats this as ={"_Date_rng"}. However, the chart is now blank, it draws with the axes, but no data is plotted. But, when i put the range directly in the chart "Source Data...Series" tab as "data!$A$2:$A$60", it plots the data correctly. So, is it po...

Naming a Chart
Excel 2000 Power Programming with VBA states that naming an object requires selecting the object (such as a chart), typing the new name in the Name Box, and pressing Enter. This does work for a shape but not a chart. When I select a chart and attempt to enter anything in the Name Box, any entry is not enabled and therefore nothing happens. How can I assign a name to a chart??? Hold the Shift key (or the Ctrl key), and click on the chart to select it. Then, type a name in the Name Box, and press the Enter key. William Bartusek wrote: > Excel 2000 Power Programming with VBA states tha...

Renaming Defined Name
How do you Rename Defined Name -- rick ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rickv's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39320 Click "Insert" in the toolbar, and select "Name". Select "Define" and it will bring up a list of all the defined names in the workbook. You can remove a name or change the cell to which the name is attached. Hope this helps. -- hierarchii ------------------------------------------------...

Name references and VBA
Hi all, Second time I posted this, but could not find my first post anywhere! Sorry if the other post made it to somewhere I can't find. Is there any way to make VBA automatically recognize the name of a cell and use it as a variable? So, for example, I name my cell "clientFirstName". I would like to use this as a variable in VBA w/o needing to have "Dim clientFirstName as String". Even if it just defines all the cell names as Variants would be fine. Or is dimensioning a variable the same name as the name reference the best way to do it? I have a lot of static v...

Last Name, First Name extract
Column A has names in it. The format is Last Name, Space First Name. How do I extract the names so they appear in the same column or another column in this format. First Name space Last Name. Thank You in advance. Tony If exactly as described =MID(A1,FIND(", ",A1)+2,99)&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND(", ",A1)-1) -- HTH Bob Phillips "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB9787B-25FC-4DD4-97B3-F77746E34E3E@microsoft.com... > Column A has names in it. The format is Last Name, Space First Name. How do I > extract the...

Header name
Hey, I have set up microsoft outlook to receive e-mail from 2 pop3 accounts and have created rules to make the e-mails seperate into seperate inboxes, however. When i print out e-mails it has 'Will Dixon' at the very top in bold (the message header) how can i change this as i want it to read the name of the organisation? Thanks Jonny Tools>Email Accounts>View or Change>Select Account>Change>Edit "Your Name" "Jonny" <j0nnyd@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:003c01c355dc$c6624180$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hey, > > I have set up m...

Display Name Resolution situation
I have a situation with three internal Exchange mailboxes: MB1 = Mike - sent a message to Sarah MB2 = Sarah - Sarah did not receive the message MB3 = John - John received the message In John's mailbox, the To field shows the following: Sarah (sarah@domain.com) But when you right-click on "Sarah (sarah@domain.com)" and choose Properties, you see all the GAL information for John's mailbox. None of the mailboxes have have anything in their contacts folders, nor do we have any Public folder contacts. It is my understanding that whenever a message is delivered ...

Two tables same name?
When I go to resource descripitions, and looked under sales tables I notice there is two table physical name exactly the same? RM Open File Physical name RM20101 RM Open File Debit Copy File Physical name RM20101 Just wondering has RM20101 can be placed in two different area's at the same time. I didn't think this was possible. Thanks for your help. When I go into resource descripitions, and look under sales I notice there is two physical names exactly the same? RM Open File Physical name RM20101 RM Open File Debit Copy...

saving with name from cell
Hi all. I'm trying to place the contents of a cell (or two) into the save a name when saving a workbook. Anyone know of a simple way to accomplish this? Thanks -- jama ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jamaz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1663 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31504 You can use this jamaz ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Sheets("mysheet").Range("d1").Value & ".xls" Or ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Sheets("mysheet").Range...

Match name, value & identify errors
Thanks in advance, Data: ------data 1------ --------data 2------ col A col B col C col D yum 180 yum 180 yum 200 yum 630 yum 430 yum 832 yum 330 Objective: Match data 1 to data 2 and identify errors Roll 1 - no problems, both names and value matches Roll 2 & 3 matches of Data 1 matches to roll 2 of data 2 (or vice versa and it could hv 3 values in matches to ...