Payee change

Not sure how it happened but my version of Money changed the name of my
mortgage payee to another. This affected all my loan payments dating back 5+
years. This entry is generated by a auto bill viewable in bill summary. I
fixed the future transaction by editing the bill but all the prior payments
are wrong. Is there any way to change this as a batch instead of each
transaction? This is very time consuming.
Thanks... & Happy New year

0
SCOTT
1/1/2010 8:12:45 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, SCOTT wrote:

>Not sure how it happened but my version of Money changed the name of my
>mortgage payee to another. This affected all my loan payments dating back 5+
>years. This entry is generated by a auto bill viewable in bill summary. I
>fixed the future transaction by editing the bill but all the prior payments
>are wrong. Is there any way to change this as a batch instead of each
>transaction? This is very time consuming.

Take a look at Tools->FindAndReplace
0
Cal

changing money
HI EVERY BODY I AM NEW IN HERE AND I REALLY NEEDS HELP IN THIS ...PLEASE HELP MR *set up a spreadsheet to calculate the amount of french franc you can buy.all the answers should be rounded to the nearest french franc . you have 1� equals 9.2754 franch franc* thanks a lot -- firouz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ firouz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35235 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=550105 ??? =1*9.2754 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr...

How to prevent item changed in a CListCtrl?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I have a CListCtrl in a Detailed View. Below the CListCtrl there are a few CEdits to display the value of each column. So it's kind of the data form. I need to do like this: If users has changed one of the CEdits BUT they haven't save the data and they want to change the selected item of the CListCtrl to other item, a confirmation message will appear to ask if the data they have been changed to be saved or not. There are 3 options: Yes: the data change is saved and the current focus is on the item user desired. No : the data change is NOT saved and th...

change date in a sql statement from a cell
Hello, I am using Excel 2007 I have a pivot table that gets refresh everyday. The data from the pivot table is based on a sql statement, which the data is connected to a AS/400 table. Here is my problem every morning I go in the connection properties and change the SQLstatement (date) in the command text. I don't want my user to do this. What other option can I do? I was thinking change the date in a cell (A1) and somehow the SQL statement picks up the new date or maybe some sort of parameter, but I am clueless in how to do this. Any tips or website to visit I will a...

Data labels: need value AND % change
I'm working on a series of column charts that show annual data for # sold, $ volume, average price, median price, etc. I want it to show the 2002 and 2003 values for each of these but I ALSO want to be able to show the % change between the 2, so we can see trends. So far, I only see that you can label the data with the value, or the percentage. I haven't seen how you can show the values AND the % change. Any ideas? I'd really appreciate it! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Create the desired label in a separate column (the 2003 price concatenated with t...

adding cross-functional flowchart changes page-layout
i would like to add to a "landscape" page a stencil>flowchart>cross-functional flowchart shapes vertical. when adding it the page converse automatically to a "portrait" page, while it should remain "landscape" the same happens if I add cross-functional flowchart shapes horizontal to a "portrait" page. it changes into a "landscape" page. can I avoid this? thx, kjetil I can't think of a way to avoid having the page orientation switch to portrait when you drop the functional band shape out and pick vertical. Visio automatically cha...

Changing to Outlook
I have been using Outlook Express and now have Outlook. Have been able to import address book and mail but emails are still coming to Express. How do I change things so they come to my Outlook inbox? Thanks You have to setup your account(s) in Outlook (Tools\Email Accounts in 2003) and then quit using Express. You can also import your mail, address book, and account settings from Express using the Outlook Import/Export tool (File\Import Export...). Afterward, you should delect your account in Express (Tools\Accounts\<select mail account>\Remove) so that you do not accidently do...

How change Sign-in Name?
I've been using Money for years. Recently I've changed my passport account email address because the old one will no longer be available to me in the near future. When starting Money, I entered the new email address and password and Money allows me to log in. However, the issue is, the next time I start Money, the old email address is back in there and I must enter the new email address every time I start Money. How can I change the Sign-in name to same the correct email address? (I tried File/Password Manager and it will show the new address... until I close and re-open mone...

Changing Outlook 2002 email "From" field without the "on behalf of" text
I occassionally want to send emails from an address different to my standard email account. I'd prefer not to have to change the email account details on these occassions. I have the "From" field in my New Mail template which I populate with a contact showing the email address I want the email from. Unfortunately, when the email arrives it appears as From: [mailto:myEmailAccountAddress] On Behalf Of myDesiredTemporaryFromAddress I've searched my Outlook settings and the MS site but cannot see how to get rid of this undesired annotation i.e. "[mailto:myEmail...

Pick list width changes by itself...why?
I have some columns with the width 4. Sometimes the validation pick list is wide like 40 and sometimes it is only as wide as the column. I already know there's code to temp make the column wider when you click on it. But this behaviour of the pick list sometimes appearing much wider than the column makes me think there's something influencing the width of the pick list itself. Is there some way to control the width of the pick list without changing the width of the column or is what I'm seeing occur just an Excel bug? Thanks, Joe M. ...

How to change appearance of the links, pointing to subdocuments in the master document
Hi, I want to change the appearance of the links, which are pointing to subdocuments in the master document (Word 2003). Specifically I want those links to look more descriptive with regards to their contents - specifically making those links to appear like those are entries in the Table Of Contents (like it would be looking if those subdocuments were just paragraphs in the single monolitic document). Please note that I DO NOT want to rename the filenames of those subdocuments - I just want to change the appearance of the links to those documents, in the way I already described above....

Excel should have a "Change Case..." menu Item like Word!!
See the subject, I know you can set up a formula to do it I want a button! PLEASE, for years I've just wanted to change case on the fly, YEARS! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3c7554c...

Change Display Order in Charts
I have an X-Y chart with a cloud of points and a line. When the chart plots, the line is always hidden behind the cloud of points. Can I bring the line to the top so it becomes visible? I tried making the line first and last, but it always ends up behind the cloud. Thank you. Lines for a given chart group (group of data series) are plotted behind points of that same chart group in an XY chart. However, you can change the chart group by changing the axis on which the chart group is plotted. Make the plot with one series formatted as markers only and another as lines only, double cli...

How to automate payee to a certain category
Just downloaded 6 months of credit card charges. None of them imported a category. How can I automate say the 13 Shell Oil purchases in the register to have the same category like "gasoline" or at least have gasoline in the category when it is edited in the register? In microsoft.public.money, cl wrote: >Just downloaded 6 months of credit card charges. None of them imported >a category. How can I automate say the 13 Shell Oil purchases in the >register to have the same category like "gasoline" or at least have >gasoline in the category when it is edited i...

How do I calculate the change in stock price in excel.
How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous day. Put yesterday's price in cell A1 and today's price in cell A2. In cell A3 put the formula: =A2-A1 -- Gary's Student "Knowledge001" wrote: > How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous day. ...

Rules not working after profile change
1. I created a new mail profile to solve problem of email stuck in Outbox. 2, After re-starting Outlook, Rules to flag email and put in Alert window no longer work. 3. In Rules Wizard '(for other machine)' now appears after each Rule Name iin Wizard's first screen. 4. "On this Machine' is checked in options. Any ideas on how to get the rules to work again without redefining them? Thanks. Alan Unless you can open the old profile and remove the 'this machine only' tag, or remove it from the rule, you]'ll need to make new rules. -- Diane Poremsky [M...

Date Format Changed when convert to Excel
Dear All, there is a problem that when i convert the text file to excel then date formart for the first 12 dates have been changed with "/" sepreator and other remains with "-" that creates a lot of problem please help to reslove the issue. On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:27:06 -0700, Ather <sohail.ather@paktel.com> wrote: >Dear All, > >there is a problem that when i convert the text file to excel then >date formart for the first 12 dates have been changed with "/" >sepreator and other remains with "-" that creates a lot of problem >pl...

Print 12/1/1 in cell (Excel changes it to date or another #
While trying to formulate a magazine order list, Excel changes the number of magazines needed (12/1/1) to a number other than that typed into the cell. What I need is the number 12 (for English), 1 (for MP3) and 1 (for Finnish) in this particular cell. How do I get it to print the actual numbers? try putting a ' infront of the numbers "Say Goodnight, Gracie" wrote: > While trying to formulate a magazine order list, Excel changes the number of > magazines needed (12/1/1) to a number other than that typed into the cell. > What I need is the number 12 (for Engli...

In charts, is it possible to change data references to relevant?
Ive created a basic bar chart, but the speadsheet in which the data is held is constantly being updated. This is ruining my graph as the data references are absolute. Is there a way of changing the source data references to relevant? ive tried "f4" when in the graph "Source data", "values" option, but this does not work. Ive tried deleting all of the $ from the data, but they apear again when the dialogue box is closed. Charts use absolute references. But you can also use a reference to a dynamic name: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html ...

16th digit in the cell changes to a zero??
Our company uses a program that has some inventory items that are 16 numerical digits long. When I run an export to a csv file. I notice that after opening the file, all the cells that have skus which are 16 digits long, get changed to end with a zero instead of the real number. After some labored testing, I finally decided to try to manually input a sample number into excel and noticed that the 16th digit gets changed everytime to a zero. Is there a fix or way to keep this from happening? Thanks in advance for your help. Roman Excel's precision for numbers is 15 significant digit...

Case being changed in table
I have a Text field in a table. It has no Format or Input Mask specified. When I enter Two Capital letters in a row (and more than three characters), something is changing the second letter to lower case. If I enter Three Capital letters in a row, then the second letter is NOT changed to lower case. How do I prevent this from happening? Example: I enter ABCtest, and I get ABCtest I enter ABtest, and I get Abtest.....THIS IS WRONG I enter AB Test, and I get AB Test It's the AutoCorrect options. Not sure what version of Access you are running, but in 2003, Select Tools - ...

change reply to address for a user
i have a site that has an exchange 2003 server, we want email fro selected users to go out with the same reply to. that is i hav user1, user2, and user3. who all work in the admin department. w then have a distribution email address of admin@xyz.com i would lik for admin1,2,3 to have there reply's come back to admin. also i receivers then add them to there address book it adds the admin@xy address. this is controllable using pop3 accounts but i cannot se how to default declare it with exchange. if it helps the clients ar all running outlook 2003 on a windows 2003 terminal server On Wed, ...

Change Folder View When Using an Iframe to Display a Folder Contents
When an iFrame is being used to display the contents of a folder on a machine, is it possible to use VBScript to change the view of the folder? I've got a iFrame whose source is changed via VBScript, but when it changes the folder shows Icons. I'd rather view the folder Details instead. I don't know for sure, but I don't know of any way to access that setting in an open window. As personal settings they're not designed to be changeable by software. (Actually they're not very well designed to be changed by persons, either, but that's another story...

change styles of the cell if the value is one of other cells.
change style if the cell has the same value of one of other cell values. for example if A1 of sheet1 has the one value of B1:B7 then A1 is red. How can I do that? thanks. "kang" <kang@hao.com> wrote in message news:ezFn6$2oHHA.4592@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > change style if the cell has the same value of one of other cell values. > for example > if A1 of sheet1 has the one value of B1:B7 then A1 is red. > How can I do that? > > thanks. Conditional Formatting Hi Kang, Try conditional formatting in cell A1 using formula is =MATCH(A1,B1:B7,0) HTH Mart...

Combine 2 worksheet change events
I have a worksheet that I want to place 2 worksheet change events on. i know that I cannot do this and that I have to combine them into one. I just cannot get my head around how I do that. Is there an idiots guide anywhere (idiot being the operative term here ;-) firstly I have this to make text in certain cells upper case Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub End If On Error GoTo ErrHandler: If Not Application.Intersect(Me.Range("E5:L5"), Target) Is Nothing Then If IsNumeric(Target.Value) = False Then Applic...

Pivot table_How to change default summary function from Count to Sum?
Does anybody know how to change default summary - typically it is "Count", most of the time I need "Sum". I mean, not manually double clicking every button in data field, but automatically - I have up to 30-35 variables at times. Hypothetically it also possible by filling all blank cells with zeroes, so that Excel "understands" it's numerical. I am working with large spreadsheets and I am not able to fill every cell. Is there other way? thanks, Julia You can't change the defaults. If there are blank cells, or cells with text, in the column, Exce...