Paycheck Direct Deductions & Tracking Payee Names

In running some reports to do end of year taxes, I noted something unusual
with payee names and paycheck deductions setup in the bill calendar.

I have health and dental insurance deductions taken out of my paycheck. The
paycheck is setup in Money Plus in the bills calendar, and has the details
filled out so the entire gross wages are tracked.  But in running a report I
see the health and dental insurance deductions have a payee name of
'Employer's Name Inc'.  In reality I am paying my insurance premiums to Health
Insurance Provider, Inc and Dental Insurance Provider, Inc, ... I think.  Any
reimbursements paid to me after using the health or dental insurance services
are paid from Health Insurance Provider or Dental Insurance Provider, Inc. So
I have some in coming dollars from them.

I can't see a way to set up the recurring paycheck to have the deductions go
to any payee other than the source of the paycheck.  Am I missing something?

0
Retired
3/30/2008 4:03:27 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Nope.

The only way around it to put the expenses in the paycheck as transfers to
some temporary account had then enter expense transactions in that account
to the payee you want.

I get around this with carefully tailored reports that get just the
categories I'm looking for without regard to payee.

"Retired Coal Miner" <...@...> wrote in message
> I can't see a way to set up the recurring paycheck to have the deductions
> go to any payee other than the source of the paycheck.  Am I missing
> something?

After posting, I noticed this small blurb in the FAQ: "A Money transaction
allows one Payee, no matter how many splits." http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q149

This being the case, the implications are: There's no simple way to record
paycheck deductions, when setup as transaction splits, to the real-life,
actual payee.  Tax reports rely solely on categories, which seems to work fine.

But it's strange that I can't run a report on my years of data to see where
the health insurance dollars are going.  In relation to the four workarounds
mentioned in the FAQ, I think an advanced search and replace would work also.
But it would make sense to do this infrequently, ... annually when you
re-authorize/re-select your benefits near the end of the year, assuming you
participate in the traditional corporate, group benefit plans.

Dick Watson wrote:
> Nope.
>
> The only way around it to put the expenses in the paycheck as transfers to
> some temporary account had then enter expense transactions in that account
> to the payee you want.
>
> I get around this with carefully tailored reports that get just the
> categories I'm looking for without regard to payee.

0
Retired
3/31/2008 4:18:32 AM

> But it's strange that I can't run a report on my years of data to see =
where=20
> the health insurance dollars are going.  In relation to the four =
workarounds=20
> mentioned in the FAQ, I think an advanced search and replace would =
work also.=20
> But it would make sense to do this infrequently, ... annually when you =

> re-authorize/re-select your benefits near the end of the year, =
assuming you=20
> participate in the traditional corporate, group benefit plans.

I put the 'payee' in the memo field of the split. That said, I don't pay =
much attention to that. The category provides the detail I need.
--=20
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL
0
spam_magnet (1210)

How to change name of distribution lists in GAL
Does anyone know how I can change the name of various distribution lists that appear in the GAL but not in the System Manager's list of distribution groups? Mentioning Exchange versions helps - 5.0/5.5 or 2003/2000? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Charles Kevin Gann" <charleskg@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eitwtd5HHHA.3424@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how I can change the name of various distribution lists > that appear in the G...

Assign from a list of names randomly
I would like to randomly assign people to different teams, from a list of names. For example: I have a list of 30 people and I want to assign them to six teams of five, randomly. I am running excel 2003. > I am running excel 2003. Have you tried the newsgroup devoted to Excel? This on is for VBA programming in Microsoft Acccess... http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.programming&cat=en_us_19e6ab45-8feb-4ce1-9a70-1d87d8dfb131&lang=en&cr=us -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com "I have...

Combo Box on Form putting numbers not names in main table
I have combo boxes on my forms with names for distribution. In the wizard I told it to put what I select in the main table however it is putting the numbers and not the names from the distribution table. I have the names displayed in the form. I want them to translate to the main table so I can run reports. ANY HELP??? On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:17:00 -0700, SarahJ <SarahJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have combo boxes on my forms with names for distribution. In the wizard I >told it to put what I select in the main table however it is putting the >numbers and n...

When i Reply All to an e-mail message, it always drops the original sender from the list. Has anyone experienced this before? Any help would be appreciated. ...

Product Name Field 100 chrs
hey al The product Name field is limited to 100 characters, is it possible to increase that? ive tried deployment manager -> schema manager -> but the length is grayed out I could change the field size from sql enterprise manager but not sure if it'll bust crm. any suggestions will be appriciate Thanks If you are upto your limit then I think you will need to create a custom attribute in the Product entity. I would check to see if there is another attribute already created that you could use for this purpose first. would be nice is ms could increase the length of the name field ...

Free/busy info and direct booking
I have a question regarding free/busy information and resources. In my production environment I've created a resource account and enabled the resource scheduling options in Outlook. When I invite the resource to a meeting, the free/busy information doesn't update on its own even when I have set it up to publish every 2 minutes. The only time it updates is when I open up the resource mailbox, which of course defeats the whole purpose of setting up resource accounts. Am I missing something here? Is this a common problem with respect to direct booking? I would like to move away from...

Showing Worksheet Tab Name in Cell
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C3C4D5.08029150 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know if it is possible to show the worksheet tab name in = cell on the worksheet? Any help would be appreciated. Neil. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C3C4D5.08029150 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DCo...

Payee list drop down disappeared MONEY 2003 DLX
My payee drop down list disappeared on Money 2003 Deluxe!!! When I make an entry in the transaction form and start typing a payee, it no longer drops down and shows all payees, except for maybe 10. When I type the name of the payee, it autocompletes as it should, but I don't see the list!!! Read the other posts and check today. "Pizza Man" <thin_crust_pizza@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:471b01c3ff56$cd084f10$a401280a@phx.gbl... > My payee drop down list disappeared on Money 2003 > Deluxe!!! When I make an entry in the transaction form and > start typing...

Live Mail Trashes Folder Names!
For many years, I have been using underscores before a group name in order to change the sort order to the way I like, i.e., If I need a temporary group to hold bad addresses, I may create a folder called "_______Bad Addresses." I use the number of underscores to control the position in the list. Unfortunately, when I try to import these into Live Mail, it screws up the group names! Since I have around 30-40 group names, it would be a pain to have to remove all the underscores (and lose the sort order!) Is there any other way for Live Mail to import these without scre...

Truncate Name
Hi, how do I extract the first names from the various cells? I hav thousands so it is impossible to do it manually. Thanks in advance! For example A1 = John Waters. Should be John. A2 = Barry Johnson. Should be Barry A3 = Fredderick Rogers. Should be Fredderic -- ernestgo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ernestgoh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2487 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52847 try =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) ernestgoh <ernestgoh.25j00y_1143794700....

How to edit NoteProperty names containing space created by IMPORT-
I use Powershell a lot to process bulk data exported from SAP and other systems. The export interfaces create CSVs with headings which contain spaces. This works fine but it limits the ability to reference the objects. A exported field might be called "Employee Number". IMPORT-CSV creates an object with a NoteProperty called "Employee Name" Now $obj."Employee Name" is not valid $obj.EmployeeName would work nicely Is there a way to modify NoteProperty -name after IMPORT-CSV or Is there a way to make IMPORT-CSV remove spaces from names? Tha...

Using a callback function name as an argument in a function
Hi. Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong with this problem in my vc6 mfc sdi project, and tell me how to fix it? I understand the general meaning of the compiler's 2664 error message, but I don't understand what's wrong with my approach and how to fix it. The problem lies with argument 3 of lineInitializeEx() and/or the prototype and definition of lineCallbackFunc(). I used Class wizard to add the member function lineCallbackFunc() to my doc class. The function will be used as a callback function, by using it as the third argument in a call to lineInitializeEx() which I ...

payee info in B of A download
When I download my checking account info - all I get for Payee information for my EFT debit is "bank card purchase" or "interlink netowrk trans" - no payee name, even though it appears in the on-line statement at B of A. Anyone know how to get all of the information transfered over? Thanks. BofA did something a couple months ago that really messes things up when you try to import in to Money. There are two or three different formats you can download from at BofA website. One of them (can't remember which, but it's not the one that used to work) will import...

Defining a Cell for Save as file name
We are using excel as an information gathering tool on a piece of equipment that uses a "touch screen" technology. This works great untill it comes to the "save as" command, which requires a key board to enter a file name. The file is automated to gather all information from other sources, is there a way to default a cell value within the spread sheet to be the default file name in the "save as" file name entry. Currently it defaults to the template name and requires a type over. thanks for any feedback ...

Tracking House Refinance
What is the best way to track mortgage refinancing, particularly if it includes taking money out for other purposes? See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q86. "Todd Stine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5ed201c400f1$992629f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > What is the best way to track mortgage refinancing, > particularly if it includes taking money out for other > purposes? ...

Combo box NAME# error
I had created a form with combo boxes. Then I had the bright idea to alphabetize the entries by changing the properties of the form and now the combo box displays NAME#. I realize that this has something to do with the Control Source but it remains in the underlying table for the form...what did I do? ...

Keeping track of paypal fees
I'm trying to figure out a way to track my paypal fees from our sales. I bought Money 2004 Small Business. Is there a step-by-step anywhere to show me how to track fees? In microsoft.public.money, Dan Gray wrote: >I'm trying to figure out a way to track my paypal fees from our sales. > I bought Money 2004 Small Business. Is there a step-by-step anywhere >to show me how to track fees? No. Create the Paypal account as a Bank or Other account. Either enter the fees as separate transactions, or enter a split for the transaction that breaks down your piece and the fee piece ...

FUTA Tracking for Credit Reduction
I am currently working with a company that has multiple locations in Indiana, Kentucky, and Michigan. As of 2009 they are required to track Employees in Michigan and pay an additional .3% Add Back on Form 940 Schedule A. I am looking for a way to post this additional expense/liability monthly for their employees. Since GP only allows one rate for Federal Unemployment I need a way to track employees and taxable wages and generate a report for making the journal entry. Thanks. ...

Directional keys act like page up or page down
In all my spreadsheets, my arrow keys don't tab over to the next cell - it's like I'm pressing page up or page down, instead of over... Any ideas? ...

Exchange 2007 and 2 domain names
Hi! I have two companies within one mothercompany. The people at the selloffice works for both companies and also recieves email to both domains user@a.com and user@b.com. The problem is that they need to reply and send as the right company. Is this possible in exchange 2007. I dont wanna make a diffrent mailbox and do the send on behalf. I just wanna have all users running one mailbox and should email as both user@a.com and user@b.com. Best regards Jimmy Hi Jimmy, if you don't want to create an additional mailbox then it's possible only with a little add-on...

How do I name my colums in Excel ?
I want to label my colums in an Excel file instead of the A, B, C, and D that it comes with. I double clicked on the cell and typed what I wanted in the Name Box, but when I print my file it still has the A, B, C, and D labels. You can NOT rename. But, you can use a label in the top row and hide columns/rows in tools>options. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kath" <Kath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA20036D-4BF2-4C0B-B02A-0A4DF397E329@microsoft.com... > I want to label my colums in an Excel file instead of the A, B, C, and D th...

Strange message tracking behaviour
I wonder if anyone can explain this. I recently had to use message tracking to confirm an email had left our site, and I noticed that all the SMTP tracking messages stopped after "SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store". Message delivery is fine, it just seems that nothing is logged after it gets to the stage above. System is Exchange 2000 running on windows 2000. After poking about some more, it seems that this behaviour only started in the last couple of weeks, and the only thing that's changed is that I added a new routing group SMTP connector, because we were gettin...

Change the Range of a Name
Is There a possibility, to change the Range of a name-dependent of the value of a Variable(perhaps Startrow rsp. Endrow)-with with a VBA-statement? Thank you for a good hint! dim Startrow as long dim endrow as long with activesheet .range(.cells(startrow,"B"),.cells(endrow,"c")).name = "myName" end with if myName already exists, this'll reassign it. If it didn't exist, it'll get created. (Did I misunderstand the question?) "H�lzl Otto" wrote: > > Is There a possibility, to change the Range of a name-dependent of the value &g...

How do I change my voice greeting? I have changed my last name.
I have changed my last name due to divorce. When I'm not here, my voice mail greeting is saying the wrong name. Co-workers have asked me to change it. Can you? Thank you. How does this have anything to do with Outlook? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "hannahlynn1" <hannahlynn1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EEE668A-C511-45C8-BF36-9D63B2409E9E@microsoft.com... >I have changed my last name due to divorce. When I'm not here, my voice >mail > greeting is saying the wrong name. Co-workers have asked me to change it. > Can > you? Thank...

All emails tracked regardless of options
Hello all, I have a problem with one user having her emails tracked in CRM even if she has option to track "E-mail messages in response to CRM e-mail". The messages that get tracked are just a standard newsletter, so they are not sent "in response", but they get tracked. User reports that she had the option set to "Track all e-mails" when crm client was first installed - I'm guessing there were some rules set up then and now, these are in effect. Does anyone has any suggestion how to troubleshoot this issue? -- Maciej Jankowski ...