password in microsoft money - How solid is it??

I keep a second copy of my microsoft money 2005 file on my personal
drive here at work, but I was wondering how robust and easily defeated
this is?? I want to make sure it keeps prying eyes out of my stuff.I
use a standard password not a .net password. Are there ways or cracks
to defeat it??

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, FredGomez wrote:

>I keep a second copy of my microsoft money 2005 file on my personal
>drive here at work, but I was wondering how robust and easily defeated
>this is?? I want to make sure it keeps prying eyes out of my stuff.I
>use a standard password not a .net password. Are there ways or cracks
>to defeat it??

It depends on what you consider easy. Try your favorite search
engine with "password recovery" and "Microsoft Money" as search
terms.

Consider a USB 2.0 flash drive on your key chain, or something like
PGPdisk if you want something stronger.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Microsoft security essentials
If you can help I'd appreciate it. I have just installed the above and updated the latest definititons,and as someone who knows, not a lot re.computers,does that mean it takers the place of an anti-virus programme? I have AVG installed and I'm happy with it. I'm not sure if the above will conflict with AVG as it says MSE it is a virus and spyware scanner. thanks if you can Old Mariner wrote: > If you can help I'd appreciate it. > I have just installed the above and updated the latest definititons,and > as someone who knows, not a lot re.computers,doe...

problems with backup files for money 98
i recently purchased a new pc, and installed my version of money 98, and it does not recognize the backup files i saved on a cd-rw, however, it does bring them up on my old pc. when attempting to start up money, it displays a message that says 'cannot locate D:Financials....., this may be due to the file being read only. you can change this in windows explorer by changing its properties' i have been able to open money, but cannot retrieve the files of my accounts. i have saved it (the backup files) to the hard drive, and it says the same thing. this problem is critical as t...

microsoft Publisher installation
I have a preloaded trial on my Gateway computer. I purchased a new 2007 publisher which I would like to install. I need to uninstall the trial version, but when I go in the control pannel to do so, it says "unable to sucessfully uninstall". I installed on another computer and had no problems uninstalling. I could use some help. Thanks, -- T E Passon How to uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it by using the "Add or Remove Programs" feature http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://m...

Does Microsoft CRM Mobile Express work with CRM 4.0?
Followed all steps in the CRM Mobile Express installation document but I keep getting an exception error message when I try to open the Mobile Home Page: (error details at bottom of page) Then, I applied a fix I came across on an internet forum which asked to change a URL line in Web.config files: http://localhost:5555/MSCRMServices/2006/CrmServiceWsdl.aspx instead of http://localhost:5555/MSCRMServices/2006/CrmService.asmx That did not work either. (made sure I refreshed web services etc..) Please help if you know of any workaround. CRM Mobile Express was written for CRM 3.0 - I'...

MS Money #6
I need to gain access to my Money 2001 that I have on an old computer but have forgotten the password that I used back then. Is there any way I can find out what my password was? Does anyone know what file the password is kept in and if it's readable? Any help will be appreciated since it's very important that I retrieve some information from that year which I did not carry forward to the more current years. Thank you! In microsoft.public.money, Misty wrote: >I need to gain access to my Money 2001 that I have on an old computer but >have forgotten the password that I...

Outlook 2002 won't save passwords.
I resently re-installed Office XP after a disk crash, and now Outlook won't remember any of my e-mail account passwords. It allows me to enter the passwords and check the "remember password" checkbox, and it will keep the passwords as long as I keep the program running, but if I close Outlook, I have to re-enter all the passwords. Can anyone help? Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281791&Product=ol2002 "Bruce" <sentinelangel@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:08bf01c3a5de$7bfdf6f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I resently ...

MS Money 2007 Deluxe vs Money Plus?
Is their any reason to upgrade? I downloaded the Demo of Plus but it looks just like 2007. I see no reason to drop $30 bucks. I wish they'd get a feature where I can enter a transaction on the money website and then sync when I get home. I like to enter stuff into my account register just as quickly as I can. One extra year before it turns into a pumpkin. The feature you are looking for was there and was removed. Not clear why it was removed--perhaps not enough people used it? Lots of users did find the very presence of the feature a reason to stay awake at night worrying that Bill...

Cannot uninstall trial version of Money
A few weeks ago I downloaded the trial version of Money to see if I would prefer it to Quicken. I gave Money the edge and decided to buy Money 2004 but I didn't want to download it. I put the CD in the computer and it gave me a message that Money was already installed on my computer and I needed to uninstall before it would load - no options. But there is no uninstall program on my downloaded trial version. Did I waste my Money!?!? In microsoft.public.money, Ralph wrote: >A few weeks ago I downloaded the trial version of Money to >see if I would prefer it to Quicken. I gave ...

hello! Want to buy software Retail or OEM, Microsoft, Adobe, Macromedia, Corel Symantec
WE BUY SOFTWARE EMAIL: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> WITH ANY SOFTWARE OFFERS. Sellussoftware.com WTB: WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE ARE BUYING WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE...

HOWTO query by passing a parameter from Infopath 20007 to a Microsoft Access 2007 database?
Hello, I have a Microsoft Access 2007 database foobar.accdb with two tables Student(ID|FirstName|LastName) and Scores(ID|ScoreA|ScoreB) with a primary-foreign key relation on the field 'ID'. I want to create an Infopath form that can submit new students to the 'Student' table and also be able to retreive information from the 'Scores' table. The Infopath form should be able to take 'ID' field as user input and then query based on it. I created a data connection to the database using the wizard. I created a submit connection first to the 'Student&...

Lost a bill in Money 2007
I have a weekly bill that no longer shows up in my bill summary. When i look at the bill calendar, i can see it. When i try to pay it from the bill calendar by double-clicking on it, it comes up; and then i click on "enter in register", and Money says, "You have selected a transaction which has an occurence with an earlier payment date. Select only the earliest occurrence and then you can record or skip the transaction." I then go to the Bill Summary, and that bill is not on the list. Any idea why this bill is hiding from me? Steve Sorry - meant to say that I C...

Money Plus 08 SP1 & Vista SP1 "stopped working"
Money Plus Dlx 08 SP1 17.0.120.1415 Vista Home SP1 I now get power exits with a "stopped working" when selecting the Investments tab. Everything else seems to work OK. I suspect one or both of the service packs. Any ideas appreciated, Don 1. Close Money 2. Bring up Internet Explorer and go to the Choice page: http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/controls/setup.asp and choose the Basic Tools 3. Close IE, start Money and see if that resolves the problem. Alternatively in step 2 delete the moneycentral.msn.com cookie -Mark "dbl30569" <dbl30569@discussions.micro...

Outlook 2002 on Win98 forgetting password
I searched and found several articles describing the problem and proposed fix. I followed as prescribed. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290684 The problem is still occuring. I noticed, upon going into the users registry (Win98) that the userID for her profile, does not get re-created under the Protected Storage System Provider. This is Win98 so it is not a permissions issue in the registry. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Password not working on one machine
This is very bizarre. I have an excel document that is password protected and can be open by everyone except for this one computer. It's saying that the password is not correct. It doesn't matter who is logged in so it tells me it's computer specific. I have tried a different keyboard, with no luck...any suggestions would be great. I used to walk over to a co-worker's desk and turn off the capslock button. Could it be something that simple? M. Lord wrote: > > This is very bizarre. I have an excel document that is password protected > and can be open by e...

Microsoft money 2003 #2
I am looking for Microsoft money 2003, is it available and where? In microsoft.public.money, Jason Robinson wrote: > I am looking for Microsoft money 2003, is it available and where? > Have you tried your local stores? Some still have it. Hurry. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3619881632&category=41849&rd=1 "Jason Robinson" <jrrobinson@rogers.com> wrote in message news:dKDUa.51224$vz%.4062@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > I am looking for Microsoft money 2003, is it available and where? > > ...

Microsoft MVP Donald Belcham to Speak on Visual Studio, C# vNext, Aspect Oriented Programming, Live Mesh
Microsoft MVP Donald Belcham to Speak on Visual Studio, C# vNext, Aspect Oriented Programming, Live Mesh Bangalore, December 1, 2008: When writing Microsoft technology-related applications to have strong separations of concerns you inevitably run across some items that, while appearing as separate concerns, do not behave in the same manner as the other concerns. Instead of interacting only with their immediate neighbors, these concerns can interact with some or all of the concerns within the application. Donald Belcham is coming back this summer to India's biggest summit for the developer...

microsoft money 2000 #3
I had to erase my harddrive and used a recovery disk to get all my programs back. I have money installed but I am having trouble restoring my information from my backup disks. I get one disk put in and then it asks for the second disk I put that in but that disk doesn't work Is the disk defective? What is the error message? See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q69. "gayle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:050e01c3cf51$624908c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I had to erase my harddrive and used a recovery disk to > get all my programs back. I have...

ActiveWorkbook.Protect password:=range("rangename") does not work
I am trying to have macro protecting a workbook, with a password specified by an administrator in one of the hidden worksheets. The cell in the hidden worksheet in which the password is specified is named, so I want to use the range name in the macro that protects/unprotects the workbook. It all works well when I try to unprotect the workbook, using the code : ActiveWorkbook.Unprotect password:=range("rangename"). However, I get an error when I try to protect the workbook with the code: ActiveWorkbook.Protect password:=range("rangename") The error message is: Runtime Err...

Bank of America/Yodlee/Money
Regarding ongoing frustration with data from Bank of America: I had several calls into Microsoft about this issue, and after many attempts, the case was elevated. I just got off the phone with a helpful and affable tech support person. I was told that the interface with BofA is problematic since the bank recently acquired several other banks, and their electronic system changed on Nov. 1. Since that time, there are problem with the interface between BofA and Yodlee. I was also told that Microsoft is working with the bank, and that it should be resolved within several weeks. -- Cheer...

Money 2002 -Modify Cost Basis
When moving a mutual fund asset to another fund, the trail of the original cost basis did not move with it. How can I enter the original cost to the new fund? ...

Password Problems #3
I recently had to reload win xp. i found out that my Money 2003 Business Cd was corrupt and reloaded my money 2000 Business files. When I attempted to restore my backup file it asked for a password. I have always used the same password in money, but it will not open, says password incorrect. Anyone know what the problem might be. I have potentialy lost all my banking since 1999. please help me -- rob Money files are not backward compatible. So Money2000 can't read a Money2003 file. It's odd that your CD is corrupt. Regardless, obtain a 2003 or later version of Money, (preferabl...

Can't open newly cretated file in Money 2005
I've got my regular banking info in Money 2005. I don't want investment info details displayed each time I open my (password protected) banking file so I created a NEW file for investments. I password protected it and then skipped adding banking info and just added investment info by connecting with various investment accounts. Finally I closed Money. I now try to open Money - I select the file from File -> Open and it prompt me for the password. I enter the password and then get a dialog which says "Before you can enter transactions, you must first create an accoun...

how to send an email from microsoft outlook
I am very new with computers i need some advise on how to send an email in which i had never sent an email ever If you have defined a mail account for Outlook to use, simply open Outlook and click on New > Mail Message. You may also see a New Mail Message icon on your toolbar. What it looks like depends on what version of Outlook you're using. If you have not defined/created a mail profile for Outlook, read the instructions here: http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm "regarding email" <regarding email@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

How do I save a password protected Excel doc in order to open?
Is there a way I can "save as" a password protected Excel spreadsheet to a different location in order to open it, bypassing the password? Try File|saveas on the SaveAs dialog, click on Tools|General and erase any password you find. Stamperfiend wrote: > > Is there a way I can "save as" a password protected Excel spreadsheet to a > different location in order to open it, bypassing the password? -- Dave Peterson Thanks for your response. I appreciate your willingness to give me some guidance. This suggestion did not work, however. The document is not one ...

Using Microsoft Works 4.0b
I am using Microsoft Works 4.0b on my Mac Power PC, OS 9.1. I have never had a problem with this word processor. I would like to use Works on OS 9.2 and OS 10, but Works 4.0b will not work on those two systems. I thought that I could use a later version of Microsoft Works 7.0, but the system requirement for that software only calls for Windows, not a Mac. What later version of Microsoft Works can I purchase to use on Mac OS 9.2 and 10? Thanks for a response. Louis S. Diggs <lsdiggs@bcpl.net> wrote: > I am using Microsoft Works 4.0b on my Mac Power PC, OS 9.1. > I have never had ...