Page Numbers

I want to print just one page of my money file.  Is there any way I can tell
what the page number is of what I have on the screen?

Thanks

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

"one page of [your] Money file." I presume by that you mean one screen's
worth of register view or something, not one page of a report??? You are
going to need to do something like copy it to the clipboard (Alt+PrtSc) and
then paste it into Word or WordPad. If you mean reports, then I'd check out
Adobe Acrobat or some of the work-alike PDF file generating print drivers.
The print your reports to a PDF file. From there, look at the generated PDF
file in Acrobat Reader (or the new and yucky Adobe Reader) to pick you page
and then print that page.

"MElizabeth" <MElizabeth@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I want to print just one page of my money file.  Is there any way I can
tell
> what the page number is of what I have on the screen?

I would suggest specifying the date rage of the period in which the
transactions you want to print actually took place.

-Jeff

"MElizabeth" <MElizabeth@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I want to print just one page of my money file.  Is there any way I can
tell
> what the page number is of what I have on the screen?
>
> Thanks

Jeff:  I can't seem to find a place where it would give me the option of
printing a certain date range.  I've looked at Print, Print Setup and Print
checks but no date range is offered there.  Am I missing something?

Thanks

"Jeff" <jeff_phil-NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I would suggest specifying the date rage of the period in which the
> transactions you want to print actually took place.
>
> -Jeff
>

> "MElizabeth" <MElizabeth@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > I want to print just one page of my money file.  Is there any way I can
> tell
> > what the page number is of what I have on the screen?
> >
> > Thanks

I think he thought you were referring to a report you could customize. I
thought it was, and is, ambiguous what you are trying to do.

> Jeff:  I can't seem to find a place where it would give me the option of
> printing a certain date range.  I've looked at Print, Print Setup and
Print
> checks but no date range is offered there.  Am I missing something?

Yes, I think you're right.  I did have some problem trying to explain what I
wanted.  May I try again:

There are several (20 or so lines) on my check register that I would like to
print.  They show things that Money has done (Money has merged a downloaded
transaction with an existing transaction).  I would like to print only those
lines.  Is there a way I can select only these lines, copy them, and paste
to Excel? Word? Notepad? for printing.  All of these lines are shown on the
same screen... how can I print only those lines?  Or, how can I print only
what is on the screen without doing a Print Screen which is unsatisfactory.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks again.

me

message news:O7vQStDsDHA.2416@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I think he thought you were referring to a report you could customize. I
> thought it was, and is, ambiguous what you are trying to do.
>
> "MElizabeth" <MElizabeth@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Jeff:  I can't seem to find a place where it would give me the option of
> > printing a certain date range.  I've looked at Print, Print Setup and
> Print
> > checks but no date range is offered there.  Am I missing something?

Well, if you don't like Print Screen, which certainly has its limits, your
only other choice is some kind of customization of an account transaction
report. You should be able to get this pretty close to what you are looking
for.

> Yes, I think you're right.  I did have some problem trying to explain what
> wanted.  May I try again:
>
> There are several (20 or so lines) on my check register that I would like
> print.  They show things that Money has done (Money has merged a
downloaded
> transaction with an existing transaction).  I would like to print only
those
> lines.  Is there a way I can select only these lines, copy them, and paste
> to Excel? Word? Notepad? for printing.  All of these lines are shown on
the
> same screen... how can I print only those lines?  Or, how can I print only
> what is on the screen without doing a Print Screen which is
unsatisfactory.

> Sorry for the confusion and thanks again.

A customized transaction report... now, that was perfect... just what I
needed... why didn't I think of that?

Thanks so much
me

message news:Okt7bnFsDHA.2084@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Well, if you don't like Print Screen, which certainly has its limits, your
> only other choice is some kind of customization of an account transaction
> report. You should be able to get this pretty close to what you are
looking
> for.
>
> "MElizabeth" <MElizabeth@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Yes, I think you're right.  I did have some problem trying to explain
what
> > wanted.  May I try again:
> >
> > There are several (20 or so lines) on my check register that I would
like
> > print.  They show things that Money has done (Money has merged a
> downloaded
> > transaction with an existing transaction).  I would like to print only
> those
> > lines.  Is there a way I can select only these lines, copy them, and
paste
> > to Excel? Word? Notepad? for printing.  All of these lines are shown on
> the
> > same screen... how can I print only those lines?  Or, how can I print
only
> > what is on the screen without doing a Print Screen which is
> unsatisfactory.
> >
> > Sorry for the confusion and thanks again.

PLEASE HELP ME with page numbering
I posted this earlier, waited all day for a response only to be told that I was on a Mac bulletin board that I was led to with a bad interface???? anyway here is my question. I am DESPERATE my page numbers are not showing in my document and I am at the end of my > rope. I am using MS word 2007 and Vista - I am able to go through all the > menus for header, footer, format page numbers, etc. but then no final product > shows up. > > The help desk at my school is clueless and offered no help whatsoever. > > I have spent HOURS trying to insert these page numbers today. I ha...

Saving Word Docs as PDFs
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, <br><br>I have documents with cover pages that when I save as, or print to PDF, the result is that i wind up with two PDF's, one of the cover page on its own and then the second PDF is the remainder of the document. It appears it may have something to do with the page break i always insert between the cover page and start of document. <br><br>Can anyone tell me how this can be avoided, I just want one PDF document every time. Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe have worked closely toge...

FRx Page Options
In page setup it allows you to "shrink to page width". Is there any way to shrink to page height? ie: column layout has 22 columns and I would like this printed on 2 letter size pages. ------=_NextPart_0001_317347B2 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit SHC, Thanks for your FRx question. Above the "Shrink to page width" option you can try reducing the size of the report by changing the percentage for the "Reduce or enlarge to" option. However there is not a specific option to shrink the report to page height. I would recommend enterin...

Hide Columns Using Numbered References
I'm trying to hide columns in a sheet using references to "numbered columns" instead of "lettered" columns, but I can't figure out the correct syntax. Someone please help. Thanks Sub TestCount() Dim MyCount MyCount = Range("A1").Value * 2 + 3 MyEndRange = 256 Columns("MyCount:MyEndRange").Hidden = True End Sub Columns(MyCount & ":" & MyEndRange).Hidden = True jrew23@yahoo.com wrote: > > I'm trying to hide columns in a sheet using references to "numbered > columns" instead of "l...

Restarting Numbering when using Include Text Fields in a Pseudo-Master Document
We are using Word 2003. I have a pseudo master document that I set up using Include Text fields. I am not using the master document feature at all. Each of the "subdocuments" has numbering in it (scrupulously following Shawna Kelley's guidelines). Of course, when I look at each of these documents, the numbering starts at A, B, C... When I update the fields in the main document, the numbering is continuous and does not restart for each subdocument. Is there a way to indicate that the numbering should restart at the beginning of each subdocument, either by d...

No Symbols exist on the page to display
Hi, I am new to Visio. I have created a drawing and wanted to add a legend. So I created a legend and my symbols appeared as expected. But I can't add any other symbols. If I delete my existing legend to start again, and add a new one it says "No Symbols exist on the page to display" What have I done? Thanks Mark Did you try dropping one of the missing shapes on the legend? John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questio...

Restart automatic table numbering in Annex
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I use the automatic numbering of Tables and Figures when creating captions. This generally works ok (although I sometimes get numbering out of sequence when more than one figure on a page), but I've run into a problem. <br><br>I have multiple tables in the main part of the report that I want numbered in the normal way. I also have multiple tables in the annex to the report (which is part of the same document) and I would like the numbering of these tables to start from 1 again (perhaps A1, A2 e...

How do I change number formating to start at 0001?
Every time that I try to change the number format I can only start at 01. I must start my numbering at 0001 and shy of manually typing in every number ( I need 2400) I don't know how to do it. Can anyone help? Thanx. Use custom format 0000 type 1,2 etc -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Rita and Matt" <Rita and Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F2E186F-07C1-49AA-B52B-24C14136F2DC@microsoft.com... > Every time that I try to change the number format I can only start at 01. > I > must start my numbering at 0001 and shy of manually typing ...

How do I have pages oriented differently in one Publisher doc
I need to be able to have some pages oriented landscape and others portrait in the same Publisher document. Set the page either landscape or portrait which ever is the orientation of the majority of pages. Now when you come to a page that wants the other orientation, rotate the text and image boxes 90�. Or, make one file for the landscape pages and another file for the portrait pages. -- Don Vancouver USA "bates" <bates@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90374667-7B0B-4F6F-B780-74FFA3D2861B@microsoft.com... >I need to be able to have some pages...

If a number is greater then zero then unhide the line
I want to have a data input sheet and a sales order sheet. Both Sheets would be in the same workbook. The data input sheet would list in the first column the quanity of a specific product and the second column would list the apprpriate model numberand the third column would be the description of the product. I would like to link these cells to the matching cells in the sales order sheet. All the poduct lines would be hiddden in the sales order sheet until a quanity greater than zero would be entered in the matching data input sheet. In other words, the sales order would be blank until someone ...

How do you change the starting page number in the handouts?
I've tried to change the starting page number in a 07' PowerPoint presentation and can't seem to locate that option. I've changed the slide number and the notes reflect the change but the page number for the handouts still start with 1. I need to change it to 37. Handout page numbers always start with 1. Sorry. Are you familiar with VBA programming? If you are, you might be able to print something that looks like it has been numbered correctly, but it will require a lot of coding. Bill Dilworth "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Sequential numbering of tickets
I need to make tickets for an event and I used the business card template. I needs sequential numering ont he tickets. I need to print 10 per page but if I just do, page numbering, then it labels all of the tickets ont he first page with a 1. HOw do I fiz this so that numbers 1-10 appeard ont he first page on tickets. (I am using Publisher 2003) You do a mail merge using a source file with all the numbers you need on it. When it merges it will pull the numbers one at a time for each ticket. See Mail Merge in help to assist you in setting it up. It is relatively easy but the first time...

Duplicate invoice numbers and invoice dates
Accounts Payable should alert for duplicate invoice numbers within the same vendor only if the invoice date is the same. Or, at least allow us to select that as an option in set up. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolu...

Page numbers with printing problems.
Hello I have a problem with my pagination. I have programmed them to follow sections breaks. It works fine on screen, but sometimes when I print it does not work. It happens sometimes. Whats wrong? In what way doesn't page numbering work? What happens? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Rasmus" <Rasmus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58513974-E161-45E4-A6C5-DB919271FF2E@microsoft.com... > Hello > I have a problem with my pagination. I have programmed them to follow > sections breaks. It works fine on screen, but sometimes w...

Format the Cell into a telephone number but using country code
Hello i wonder if anyone knows how to do this i do hope so How do i change a Telephone number in a cell to have the +44 country code in first IE 01753 525681 change this with a format to +1753 525681 so basiclly just dropping the first 0. if i replace 0 with +44 then all the 0 will be replaced on the whole list of numbers if i start the cell +44 it starts a formula does anyone know how to do this Please help !! Precede the entry with an apostrophe when you enter it and the plus sign will not try to convert to a formula. For the values already enterd I assume they are seen as ...

Extracting the data according to the number of cell
I have a minor Excel formula problem. In my example has following data, cell A5 shows "apple", A6 shows "salt", A7 shows "sugar" and A8 shows "fish". On another hand, cell B3 is the "criteria" data showing 3. My question is to form an Excel formula which can extract the data from cell "A1" and then extract the 3rd data, which is "sugar" (that is the result I want). Althought the formula is counting from A1, but the excel formula know the data after "apple" and "salt" is "sugar" (cell fro...

Website Page Orientation
I can't seem to change the page orientation from portrait to landscape on the website I'm trying to create. When I follow the online solution going to Page Setup, the option to change to landscape is greyed out. When you look at the website preview, the page is set to the left and continues down (for portrait). I want to be able to see the whole of each page on the screen. What am I doing wrong? Lesley <Lesley@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I can't seem to change the page orientation from portrait to > landscape on the website ...

Saving custom number format
1) I am trying to save a custom number format for e.g. ###,###,000.000 But when I open a new file this format is not available. Why doesn't it gets saved? (excel 2002) 2) My home computer has recently been upgraded to the latest version of excel. But I used to hit Alt + F and then C to close a file in earlier versions. This no longer works! I have to hit Enter key after pressing the "C". Is it a bug? or am I missing something? Shantanu Oak Custom formats are saved with the workbook. To have these available for all new workbooks, save a blank workbook with the custom formatti...

Page Number Style
I want to use a dash, nunber,dash rather than a plain number. I found a way to do this once but cannot find it again. Can you help? Dick Dick <ralurs@fuse.net> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to use a dash, nunber,dash rather than a plain number. I > found a way to do this once but cannot find it again. Can you help? Can't you insert a dash before and after the number in the text box? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Yes, that can be done on the master page if you want all pages numbered. But if you specify no number on page 1, then page 1 h...

Error number: 3326 04-02-10
I have this odd problem. When I run this function from within Access everything is fine. Public Function sendEmail(strTo As String, _ strCC As String, _ strBCC As String, _ strSubject As String, _ strMessageBody As String, _ strAttachments As String) As Boolean 'Arvin Meyer 03/12/1999 'Updated 7/21/2001 On Error GoTo Error_Handler Const errUserDeny As Long = 287 ' Un numéro d'erreur...

format a cell for displaying numbers in lakhs
How to format a cell to display numbers in lakhs with a cama separation instead of millions Here is a format that you can use [>=10000000]##\,##\,##\,##0.00�;[>=100000]##\,##\,##0.00;##,#�#0.00 -- HTH Bob Phillips "naga" <naga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2E7B233-B556-460F-A223-6CDB6718CA61@microsoft.com... > How to format a cell to display numbers in lakhs with a cama separation > instead of millions ...

web page as default view?
Dear all, is there a possibility to make a web page the default view of a folder? What I am trying to achieve is to make parts of a share point site (for education) look and behave like a "regular" web site linking pages and items manually rather than / in addition to the default table/spreadsheet/column/etc. views. Since I am working in a large university environment programming / scripting is not an option. Thank you very much in advance Jakob I'm confused, SharePoint is a web site. What are you trying to achieve? -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we cou...

sorting a column with number & letters
Hello All. This is my first post. I have a column that needs to b sorted. However, each number has a letter in front of it. Can someon help me sort this example: B196 B2 B205 B243 B27 I need it sorted by letter then by number smallest to largest. Thanks al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I would use two helper columns for this. e.g. B2: =LEFT(A2,1) C2: =--MID(A2,2,15) copy down for all rows and use column B + C for sorting -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hello All. This is my first post. I have a column that needs to be > sorted. However...

Half of flowchart printing at top of page
I just recently got Visio. I created a flowchart. I've printed it in the past and it printed fine. Now each time I try and print it, no matter what I set the print setup, it always prints the bottom half of the flowchart at the top of the page. Can anyone help? P.S. I'm not really proficient at computers so please give detailed instructions. Thanks so much!!! That is a symptom of a printing problem in Visio 2003. If you install the latest service packs, that should correct the problem. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided &q...

Size of Chart-Save as Web Page
When I publish a chart as a web page (Excel 2003), the image is very large. I have tried changing the Screen Resolution in the Web Options but it does not seem to have any affect. Do others have this same problem, is there a work around? TIA Dean ...